Canada - Anthony Raine, 17 mos, found dead, Edmonton, April 2017 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Link to what? What's your point?
from the linked article:

Assembly of Manitoba chiefs call on RCMP to investigate online Facebook comments

A resolution at a meeting of the Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs (AMC) is calling on the RCMP to look into a number of charged comments on Facebook associated with a toddler who was killed in Edmonton. The Facebook user, Allison Wiese, posted three comments on the page of Global News including this one; “I’m so glad this baby didn’t get a chance to breed we have enough natives in Regina.”

Reaction on the social network site was immediate and the issue found its way into a resolution at the AMC.

What do you mean this child was named after him ... he's a 26 year old heap of garbage and his son is named Anthony. What is the connection?
RSBM

The child's name was reportedly named Anthony Joseph, while the sperm donor's name was Joseph. The young mom obviously named her child after the father. She thought enough of the father of the child to use his name when naming her child. It's just hitting a nerve with me.

Looks like the mom was having visits with the child while the child was in the care of the father:

On Monday evening, the Raine family issued a statement about Anthony’s death:

There needs to be some clarity provided for the tragic situation.

First off, the family never wanted this tragedy to become the media circus it has. There was an informal arrangement between both parents. While Anthony was in the care of his father, it was assumed that adequate care was being provided and there was no need for concern. While he was on visitations with his maternal family he was provided with great love and care.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3399945/father-charged-with-murder-in-edmonton-toddler-death/

RSBM
Recently it's been contemplated that the best solution would be to ban known gang members from living on the reserve but I don't know if that plan was implemented. If it was, that might explain why Crier was living in Edmonton? Pure speculation.

I read that there had been no prior charges for the pair, and also no files opened with CAS in regard to Anthony's family.
Hunter was asked if the family had been involved with social services or police before.
“No, there was nothing,” he said.
http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/ne...-found-dead-outside-church&pubdate=2017-04-24

I wonder if the accused in this murder of November 2015 is a brother or other relative of the accused?
RCMP have a man in custody for murder after woman was found dead on an Alberta First Nation over the weekend.

19-year-old Joshua Crier was brought in after the body of 20-year-old Kirsten Cutknife was found in a house on the Samson Cree Nation. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.

Crier has also been charged with assault with a weapon after an attack on 20-year-old Zoe Littlechild. RCMP say her injuries were not life threatening.
http://www.630ched.com/2015/11/30/murder-charge-laid-in-womans-death/

A 19-year-old man is charged with second-degree murder after a 20-year-old woman was found slain in a Samson Cree Nation home at Maskwacis.
http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/11/30/man-charged-with-second-degree-murder-in-maskwacis

He had been in his father's care for the last 6 weeks of his life.
I think the anger issues at his mother maybe because of the misinterpretation of what Detective Hunter said in the press release. What he said was a life of violence and abuse.
Not a lifetime of violence and abuse.
Totally different meaning .
Hope this clears this up because I would hate to think certain members are victim bashing.
As I would hate to think that certain members are so misogynistic that they could not understand that the mother has not been charged rather the child's father systematic tortured his child over at least a 6 week period.
Until the injures that he inflicted resulted in his son's death and at that point he decided to throw his child away like trash.

Thank you!! My point exactly - but much more eloquently stated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read that there had been no prior charges for the pair, and also no files opened with CAS in regard to Anthony's family.
http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/ne...-found-dead-outside-church&pubdate=2017-04-24

I wonder if the accused in this murder of November 2015 is a brother or other relative of the accused?
http://www.630ched.com/2015/11/30/murder-charge-laid-in-womans-death/

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/11/30/man-charged-with-second-degree-murder-in-maskwacis

Thanks. I noticed it reported there'd been no police reports pertaining to Anthony but I don't recall it being mentioned if Crier had a criminal record. Even if he didn't, who the band might determine to be gang members and a threat might not necessarily correlate with police files.

I strongly suspect the report you linked is indeed a relative as well. I'm in no way condoning the behaviour of Crier but not much is said about him other than he lived on the reserve at one time and was presently couch surfed in Edmonton. How could he care for a baby without a place to live? What's his story?

So young Anthony is beaten and eventually he'd just abandoned beside a church in a stroller. I notice there doesn't seem to be a fabricated story or diabolical attempt to coverup such as the baby was kidnapped or taken away by someone. No, the child was just abandoned beside a church, sure to be found.

I just really don't get it. It's as if there's huge missing pieces. PTSD? Mental illness? Meth addiction?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. I noticed it reported there'd been no police reports pertaining to Anthony but I don't recall it being mentioned if Crier had a criminal record. Even if he didn't, who the band might determine to be gang members and a threat might not necessarily correlate with police files.

I strongly suspect the report you linked is indeed a relative as well. I'm in no way condoning the behaviour of Crier but not much is said about him other than he lived on the reserve at one time and was presently couch surfed in Edmonton. How could he care for a baby without a place to live? What's his story?

So young Anthony is beaten and eventually he'd just abandoned beside a church in a stroller. I notice there doesn't seem to be a fabricated story or diabolical attempt to coverup such as the baby was kidnapped or taken away by someone. No, the child was just abandoned beside a church, sure to be found.

I just really don't get it. It's as if there's huge missing pieces. PTSD? Mental illness? Meth addiction?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Definitely huge chunks missing.
-They left identifying clothes with the body, so it's not like they could even have been hoping the baby would not be identified.
-They didn't seem to try to take off, even knowing that the baby *would* eventually be found and identified.
-Makes me wonder if perhaps the toddler *wasn't* dead when he was put there, and they were hoping he'd be found and taken for treatment before he died?
-The 'failing to provide' charges were based on not taking the toddler for medical treatment.
-If Crier was a gang member who was kicked off the Reserve, then I think that would have had to have been substantiated with criminal charges first?
-No prior charges for either of them?
-It seems rather sketchy about who exactly *had* custody of the boy prior to Crier's 6 week stint. Her family is quoted as saying that he was well cared for by Mom and her family 'during visitations'. There wasn't really anything said about the entire rest of his lifetime? LE reported that both Crier and his gf were legal guardians of the boy - did they only mean during those 6 weeks, or did they mean during his lifetime, or what?
-Nothing said about Crier having visitation prior to his 6 week stint as 'father'. Had he been a part of the child's life all along? Did he even know the child? Was the child handed over to him without him having a prior relationship with him?
-I'm sure I had read at one point that Crier had been living on a Reserve also (perhaps not the same exact one as the child's mother though), up until fairly recently, but when I looked for it, I couldn't find it.

It seems like there is an awful lot that will be coming out in future about this entire case. jmo.

Yes - and I believe there is a witness, I saw in MSM article that the accused are not to communicate with 2 crown witnesses. i believe one was a relative of baby Anthony and the other was a women with a name that doesn't appear to be in relation to either accused or the mom.
I believe this is where the assault charge dates came from. All IMO of course.

Would you want a caregiver whose child died from a lifetime of violence? I sure hope all levels of nursing care properly evaluate candidates before they waste time with training and education.

If she was never convicted of any type of abuse towards a child, nothing would show up on a criminal record check-which AFAIK are required upon enrolment in any medical program.

If she was never convicted of any type of abuse towards a child, nothing would show up on a criminal record check-which AFAIK are required upon enrolment in any medical program.

I believe most, if not all, provinces require nursing students and nurses to provide a criminal record check, as well as a vulnerable sector screening, which is a bit more involved and typically includes whether or not the person has had contact with family services. My nieces who have gone through nursing had to do them, and when I did them as a teacher in the two provinces I've taught in, the vulnerable sector included a check into social services/ child services/ whatever eeach province calls it to make sure I hadn't had any contact with them.

I believe most, if not all, provinces require nursing students and nurses to provide a criminal record check, as well as a vulnerable sector screening, which is a bit more involved and typically includes whether or not the person has had contact with family services. My nieces who have gone through nursing had to do them, and when I did them as a teacher in the two provinces I've taught in, the vulnerable sector included a check into social services/ child services/ whatever eeach province calls it to make sure I hadn't had any contact with them.

You could be right :)
I had to have a criminal record check when I applied for an MOA program. Same with the vulnerable sector check. Both came back clean :p

Do we know if Anthony's mother had any contact with family services before she applied for her nursing program?

I'm in the US, but getting ready for nursing school. Part of the application here includes a drug screen and thorough background check.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

of course not, but we were discussing her course that was prior to her child's death.

Would you want a caregiver whose child died from a lifetime of violence? I sure hope all levels of nursing care properly evaluate candidates before they waste time with training and education.

she was allegedly in this course prior to her child being killed. I am certain that background checks are conducted for these jobs.

Agreed.
Let's talk about the quality of nursing care in Alberta. Are women whose children are beaten to death admitted to the "nursing" program? Why? What does the Nursing Profession in Alberta do to identify students who are potentially violent towards the vulnerable? What was this monster doing in a nursing program?

Should care giving organizations give jobs to women whose children died due to a lifetime of violence?

I'm not seeing an obituary out there anywhere...can anyone find one??

I'm not seeing an obituary out there anywhere...can anyone find one??
I haven't seen one yet either. Today I read a post from a native news reporter that the mom had chosen a baby blue casket, but that the body had not yet been released to the family. It said story to come later. Maybe the fam is waiting for the body to be released before they commit to a memorial/funeral date in an obit?

she was allegedly in this course prior to her child being killed. I am certain that background checks are conducted for these jobs.

They are.
When I applied for my MOA program, I had to get a criminal record check and a vulnerable sector check.
But if she got accepted into her program BEFORE Anthony's death, then nothing would have shown up on her records (unless she had prior contact with family services).

I wonder of this person is related to dad? One of 2015's Edmonton homicides.

March 22 — Casey Darrell Crier, 29, was found dead in a townhouse around 81 Avenue and 178 Street at about 8:20 a.m. on Sunday, March 22. *advertiser censored*neighbour said there had been a party at the suite*the previous evening. No one has been charged in his death.*
(Taken from EPS 2015 Homicide List). If so, this family has a trail of heartache...Sad. 😞

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

They are.
When I applied for my MOA program, I had to get a criminal record check and a vulnerable sector check.
But if she got accepted into her program BEFORE Anthony's death, then nothing would have shown up on her records (unless she had prior contact with family services).
Why would it show anything on the mother's police record even *after* Anthony's death, considering she has not been charged with anything? (Unless I missed something, as I haven't been checking in everyday on this case in the past few days?)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back