CANADA Canada - Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10, Montreal, 12 March 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe we are still here :(

Did I miss if there were scent dogs used along the way where Ariel is known to have walked (in the early days of the investigation)?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I do remember that they tried scent dogs on the first day of searches...but they were unable to pick up a scent along the streets or at the park because we had had a foot of snow fall the night before. I will try to find a link that states this...

I do remember that they tried scent dogs on the first day of searches...but they were unable to pick up a scent along the streets or at the park because we had had a foot of snow fall the night before. I will try to find a link that states this...

They did, on Tuesday 13.
I went up there the next evening - a dog handler told me to keep my dog away from the Bordeaux Detention Center area, because the K9 were working east of Parc des Bateliers - but that the park was fine as it had already been thoroughly searched.

The family is still insisting that Ariel would not go to the park. That means that they reject that the credible witness spoke to Ariel. That could also mean that they did not look at the people entering the park, that they are simply closed off from considering that reality.

They have proof that Ariel was at the park, and they refuse to believe it. I don't think there's much more the police can do to convince them otherwise.

This confuses me so - am I missing something?

I personally think that they cannot fathom that there child, may have very well met with misadventure, and died as a result of it, and they are holding on to the hope that although their child 'may be kidnapped', this gives them the hope that there is a minute possibility that he is alive, and it's just a matter of finding him. Cameras don't lie. If a camera shows Ariel entering the park, and the parents are rejecting this, they are heavily in denial that their child may very well have drowned. This is so sad. I hope they find Ariel soon.

I personally think that they cannot fathom that there child, may have very well met with misadventure, and died as a result of it, and they are holding on to the hope that although their child 'may be kidnapped', this gives them the hope that there is a minute possibility that he is alive, and it's just a matter of finding him. Cameras don't lie. If a camera shows Ariel entering the park, and the parents are rejecting this, they are heavily in denial that their child may very well have drowned. This is so sad. I hope they find Ariel soon.

The foot of snow is concerning? Did he have boots on? I wouldn't let my son walk / go to friends for FIRST time after a foot of snow fell.... I am not judging - just stating what I think for me

The foot of snow is concerning? Did he have boots on? I wouldn't let my son walk / go to friends for FIRST time after a foot of snow fell.... I am not judging - just stating what I think for me

The snow fell after he went missing

While massive search efforts were put towards finding Ariel near and in the river, the father asked LE to please keep investigating the possibility of an abduction, which they did. That's all there is to it, IMHO.

rbbm

They rejected that Ariel would have went to the park before other CCTV footage was uncovered by LE. They haven't spoken about this in some time now, and their initial statement was that they would have liked to see it in order to identify their child.

They have consistently been cooperative and respectful of police work.

I think this whole denial thing is blown out of proportion IMHO

Also, LE had to do a little damage control on the second week, after putting out confusing information about the witness who saw him in the park and taking some heat for not acting quicker.

I don't blame the parents for wanting to make sure LE don't get stuck in tunnel vision.

I would like to know why LE is keeping this video private not only from the public but from the family. If they want to keep the lady anonymous, they can blur her out.
Are they offended that the family hired a private Investigator who managed to pull the grainy footage of the restaurant before they did and are choosing to punish them? I don't see why they would keep that from the family. You can blur things in videos.

I would like to know why LE is keeping this video private not only from the public but from the family. If they want to keep the lady anonymous, they can blur her out.
Are they offended that the family hired a private Investigator who managed to pull the grainy footage of the restaurant before they did and are choosing to punish them? I don't see why they would keep that from the family. You can blur things in videos.
My understanding is that the lady is not in the video. The video is of Ariel entering the park from the entrance across from his friend's apartment. This is assumed because it had been said it was footage from the restaurant. The witness sighting was reported at Bateliers Park, which is closer to Ariel's home.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

My understanding is that the lady is not in the video. The video is of Ariel entering the park from the entrance across from his friend's apartment. This is assumed because it had been said it was footage from the restaurant. The witness sighting was reported at Bateliers Park, which is closer to Ariel's home.

I think so too. We don't know precisely where the witness saw him.
Unless I'm mistaken, Parc des Bateliers stretches all the way to the train tracks. For all we know, she could've seen him near the Bordelais restaurant.

Yes, that's my understanding too.

I hope LE shares that video with the public, or at least with the family.

JMHO

Search for Ariel Kouakou enters fourth week
April 2, 2018

Three weeks after Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou went missing, Montreal police say they will continue searching for the 10-year-old boy on land and in the Rivière des Prairies.

“We will probably use the boats in the river” on Tuesday, said Constable Jean-Pierre Brabant of the Montreal police. “The command post is still there and the search will be ongoing on the shore and on the river.”

Divers have not entered the river over the past few days because the current is strong and the water is cold.

An RCMP-trained dog from Halifax, specialized in searching ice and water, has been sent back home because conditions were too difficult on the water, Brabant said.

Montreal police were also helped by agents from the Canada Border Services Agency, who brought a camera-equipped robot built to search river bottoms.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/loc...y-search-for-ariel-kouakou-enters-fourth-week

News article posted above this one had Title changed to:

Police suspend search of river for Ariel Kouakou
Updated: April 2, 2018 2:48 PM EDT

Although Montreal police suspect that 10-year-old Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou drowned after falling through the ice on Rivière des Prairies three weeks ago, investigators called off their search of the river on Monday.

Ariel was last seen entering Parc des Bateliers, adjacent to Rivière des Prairies, on March 12, the day he went missing. Surveillance cameras have images of him entering the park, but not leaving it.

A woman, whom police described as a credible witness, spoke to Ariel in the park that day. She asked him why he was alone in the park on what she thought was a school day.

The police command post will be moved from a strip mall at 2620 de Salaberry St. to police Station 10 in Cartierville.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/loc...y-search-for-ariel-kouakou-enters-fourth-week

It is still considered a criminal investigation, Lafrenière said, because nothing has emerged that can confirm otherwise.

Investigators with the Montreal police and the Sûreté du Québec have met with more than 40 people since the boy's disappearance, he said.

Surveillance video and a witness have surfaced that show Ariel walking down Gouin Boulevard and placing him in the park around midday on March 12.

"It's the absence of information that makes us believe it was an accident because [nothing shows him] leaving the park," Lafrenière said.

Police also announced they are moving their command post from the parking lot of Galeries Normandie to Station 10 in on O'Brien Boulevard in Ahuntstic-Cartierville. They are asking anyone with information to meet with investigators at the station or call 911.

RSBM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...ing-boy-call-off-river-search-april-1.4602197

What do you mean?

The family insists that Ariel did not go to the park. There is a credible witness who spoke to Ariel near the water front at the park. If the family insists that Ariel did not go go the park, that implicitly means that they do not believe that a witness spoke to Ariel at the park. They can't say that he wasn't there, and accept that he spoke to someone at the park because the one contradicts the other.

They have had the opportunity to view the CCTV footage from the restaurant, but they insist that Ariel did not go to the park. That could mean that they ignored footage of people walking to the park and did not see Ariel walking to the park.

Re: Surveillance video from Le Bordelais restaurant of the friend's apartment complex (low quality, grainy footage) that has never been released to the public.

Shows a car turning into driveway of the building and shadowy figures. The car is not seen leaving the parking lot.

The private detective hired by the family said he discovered this video before police. (Police refused to comment if this is true). The PI and Ariel's aunt and uncle viewed the grainy video from the basement of the restaurant. "In the footage, a car can be seen turning into the parking lot of the apartment complex. A few shadowy figures can be seen, one believed to be Ariel. The family suspects the other figures could be his abductors. The car then never leaves the parking lot, which is why some family members have theorized that Ariel may still be at the complex, held against his will."

There is no mention that this same video also showed Ariel entering Bateliers Park.

Somehow, a poster has taken this conversation by the uncle, and attributed it to Ariel's father watching this video and totally ignoring the part where Ariel is seen entering the park. Where is the video showing that? We don't know if the uncle saw him entering the park. We don't know if Ariel's father has seen a video of Ariel entering the park. We don't know if they saw it and questioned if it is Ariel due to the poor quality. We only know that LE say they have a video from the restaurant that shows Ariel entering the park.

A police spokesman has also said they have video of Ariel near the water in the park. What camera shot that? Who has seen that footage?

"Lafreniere (police spokesman) told CTV Montreal a witness told police she saw Ariel near the river that morning and also cited camera footage putting him near the water in Bateliers Park. While the footage showed Ariel entering the park, there was no sign of him leaving."

Sorry, and In all due respect, I am getting frustrated with repeated posts of putting words in the father's mouth, taking his words out of context, omitting phrases, omitting his praise for the police, not supplying links where he supposedly bad-mouthed police, negatively interpreting as fact why he wants to speak to the witness. Honestly, I can see why some people think they have missed something.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/ariel-ko...lice-1.3853648

https://theworldnews.net/ca-news/ar...ate-investigator-to-explore-kidnapping-theory

I wish Mr. Kouakou or a member of his family would join the discussion. We can't help find his son in the river but we could certainly help him to explore an abduction theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member