CANADA Canada - Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10, Montreal, 12 March 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, several feet? That sounds more like 5 than 50 to me.

And we want to remember that other reports place Ariel at the "water front". He was at the water front, not at the street, so it is very likely that he was right next to the water when he was last seen.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/montreal-police-end-water-search-for-missing-10-year-old-boy-1.3868272
MONTREAL -- The father of a 10-year-old boy who went missing three weeks ago said Monday he's relieved police called off further searches in the frigid waters along Montreal's north shore.

Frederic Kouakou told reporters he never believed the police's theory his son fell into the water. The father maintains his child was abducted.

"It gives me more hope," Kouakou said, in reaction to Monday's decision by city police to end searches in the Riviere des Prairies.

"We are humans, we are made of flesh but also of spirit," the father said. "On a spiritual level, I am happy the Montreal police are calling off river searches so we can have all of our energy focused in the same direction ... towards the theory of abduction."
"We have video surveillance, we have a credible witness who spoke with (Ariel) at 11:25 (a.m.)," at the park near the river, Lafreniere said.

Frederic Kouakou refuses to believe that theory.

"For us," he said, "our son is still alive."

Furthermore, you can see the river from Gouin Blvd, between the Bordelais restaurant and the garage.
I would consider that to be both "several feet" and "near" the river.
But the witness saw him in Parc des Bateliers which is not near that area. Correct?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

"We never ruled out a criminal possibility, that's why we have so many investigators from the major crimes unit that were working on this dossier," Lafreniere said.

As the saying goes, absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence.

But the witness saw him in Parc des Bateliers which is not near that area. Correct?

I think Parc des Bateliers stretches to the train tracks, after which begins Parc de la Merci. IMO

I think Parc des Bateliers stretches to the train tracks, after which begins Parc de la Merci. IMO
Wow. Now I have no idea where the witness talked to him.

Wow. Now I have no idea where the witness talked to him.

The only information we have is that she spoke to him at the park, and he was at the water front.

A woman, whom police described as a credible witness, spoke to Ariel in the park around 11:25 a.m. that day. Ariel was several feet from the river when the woman talked to him, Lafrenière said.

“She asked him why he was there alone on what she thought was a school day,” he said.

Several feet from the river? 50 feet? 5 feet? I hate these vague statements.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/loc...y-search-for-ariel-kouakou-enters-fourth-week
Very interesting that that information was added when the article was updated at 7:22 PM EDT.

When I quoted that exact same paragraph earlier today in my post # 815, the information that "Ariel was several feet from the river when the woman talked to him" was not in the news article.

Very interesting that that information was added when the article was updated at 7:22 PM EDT.

When I quoted that exact same paragraph earlier today in my post # 815, the information that "Ariel was several feet from the river when the woman talked to him" was not in the news article.

Police were quick to respond when the volunteer fell through the ice and social media went nuts claiming that Ariel's coat had been found.

Perhaps police are now trying to curb some other sort of rumour related to where the witness saw Ariel. They have said from the beginning that he was at the water front, yet so many comments suggest that people want to believe something else. I can see how that would be problematic, especially when the family wants to direct the narrative and convince the public that Ariel was not at the park. For example, there has been speculation that the witness spoke to him on the street. That isn't true, but it feeds into the suggestion that Ariel couldn't be in the water because he was not at the park. Essentially, speculation doubting that Ariel was at the water front undermines the police credibility. No one wants the family to have false hope.

Possible MSM is listening in here? I would love to see an article that explains the reason for the family's focus on an abduction theory in the face of contradictory evidence.

Is there contradictory evidence? Everything I have read about the police investigation points to one outcome, and there is no evidence to contradict that outcome.

That's what I mean. The family is still holding on to the abduction theory despite evidence that contradicts this theory (i.e., he was seen going into the park and was not seen leaving).

That's what I mean. The family is still holding on to the abduction theory despite evidence that contradicts this theory (i.e., he was seen going into the park and was not seen leaving).

Sorry, yes - I just deleted my comment because I realized I'm not yet awake and I completely misread the comment I quoted.

Evidence does contradict the family's theory. Although we understand why the family does not want to accept the evidence, I do hope that they are receiving support and help to understand the evidence as well as Canadian culture, values and the principle that "trusting" police means "believing" what they have to say. That is, although the family claims they "trust" police, at the same time they do not accept or believe what they say.

http://985fm.ca/nouvelles/politique/96520/jai-des-idees-a-defendre-vincent-marissal

Official LE spokesperson Ian Lafreniere interview with 98.5 FM. at about the 1:45 mark he says :

"L'endroit où il a ete rencontré par la dame c'est une maison qui est vraiment attenante a la rivière. C'est la dernière residence. Il est tout près de la rivière. Par la suite la dame elle quitte, on le voit pas sortir. "

"The place where he was met by the lady is in front of a house that is adjoining to the river.
It is the last residence. It is very close to the river. Afterwards the lady leaves,
but we do not see him come out."

So please can we stop inventing stories here and stating them as facts, thanks.

http://985fm.ca/nouvelles/politique/96520/jai-des-idees-a-defendre-vincent-marissal

Official LE spokesperson Ian Lafreniere interview with 98.5 FM. at about the 1:45 mark he says :

"L'endroit où il a ete rencontré par la dame c'est une maison qui est vraiment attenante a la rivière. C'est la dernière residence. Il est tout près de la rivière. Par la suite la dame elle quitte, on le voit pas sortir. "

"The place where he was met by the lady is in front of a house that is adjoining to the river.
It is the last residence. It is very close to the river. Afterwards the lady leaves,
but we do not see him come out."

A few days ago I posted Google Maps street view captures of the house at the end of Rue de Saint Real which is one of the cross streets that runs down to the waterfront park. That house has a security camera visible and the house is located only about 20m from the park, 40m from the path and 60m from the water. The park is very narrow at this point and because of the season (no leaf coverage), I would say that this house's security footage would give clear views right through to the water's edge. I am only suggesting that this could be the source of LE's video but it does check many of the boxes that have been reported.
rue saint real map.jpg
shows location of house with camera with road end drawn in to match reality
rue sain real a.jpg
google earth street view image showing house with camera
rue saint real b.jpg
google earth image showing house with camera and proximity to park, path and river.

A few days ago I posted Google Maps street view captures of the house at the end of Rue de Saint Real which is one of the cross streets that runs down to the waterfront park. That house has a security camera visible and the house is located only about 20m from the park, 40m from the path and 60m from the water. The park is very narrow at this point and because of the season (no leaf coverage), I would say that this house's security footage would give clear views right through to the water's edge. I am only suggesting that this could be the source of LE's video but it does check many of the boxes that have been reported.
attachment.php

shows location of house with camera with road end drawn in to match reality
attachment.php

google earth street view image showing house with camera
attachment.php

google earth image showing house with camera and proximity to park, path and river.

That's what I thought too, I paid special attention the word "Attenante", I think it says a lot! Attenante means "Joined with" "Shared", "attached" with the river.

And he adds "vraiment" which means "really", so "Really attached" to the river. I don't see any other houses in that area that would be "really attached" to the river?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966