CANADA Canada - Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10, Montreal, 12 March 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh--I understand now what you meant. And yes, I agree, Ariel's father would have been very surprised to see another video that actually showed him inside the park. That blew his theory that Ariel was kidnapped earlier at the friend's apartment complex.

Sorry you went to the trouble of finding and posting all the links. And, yes I have read every post and have seen all the links. I had missed the first few pages, but got caught up today looking for where Ariel's father said he would never go the "park". LOL

The park borders the river. In the last link he says:
(quote) "We've never been to the riverside, not even in the woods. My son and I, we have never been in the woods." So for me it's impossible he could do that by himself. " (end of quote)
Here are a few links, there's more that are embeded within news videos interviews.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/canada...l-boy-still-confident-he-will-be-found-safely

---------------------------------------------------------​

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/father-...unt-for-ariel-kouakou-in-fourth-day-1.3844525

---------------------------------------------------------

[video=youtube;53v1sZw0EUU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53v1sZw0EUU[/video]

Watch the Video (around the 02:00 mark, reporter says Ariel's father said "while he is grateful for the police efforts, he believes they are off base searching in the water. He says Ariel will never go play near the river."

(quote) "We've never been to the riverside, not even in the woods. My son and I, we have never been in the woods." So for me it's impossible he could do that by himself. " (end of quote)

VIDEO: https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/searc...d-montreal-boy-missing-since-monday-1.3847238

He's in so much denial that a child's natural curiosity will take him/her places a parent wouldn't expect. It doesn't mean the child is bad or reflect poorly on his parenting.

I think he feels such intense guilt for allowing his son to go to his friend's house alone, which is understandable. I feel bad for all of Ariel's family.

I remember an early interview with the father where he said that Ariel was very autonomous, would go to the kitchen and cook his own food etc. Ariel seems like a smart brave little man and maybe a little more brave and adventurous than his father thinks. He might have just decided to hang around his friends house waiting for him to return home, wandered maybe a little too far. His friends family doesn't own a car so he would have seen them walk by Gouin if he thought they were only out for some errands. Maybe he saw some ducks near the waterfront.

I remember an early interview with the father where he said that Ariel was very autonomous, would go to the kitchen and cook his own food etc. Ariel seems like a smart brave little man and maybe a little more brave and adventurous than his father thinks. He might have just decided to hang around his friends house waiting for him to return home, wandered maybe a little too far. His friends family doesn't own a car so he would have seen them walk by Gouin if he thought they were only out for some errands. Maybe he saw some ducks near the waterfront.

I think the father is being very very smart in his communications. He is instructing and prompting the community to be on the look out for suspicious people, and for his son. That is very smart.
As long as there aren't remains found, you stay on the lookout.

Are the odds that the child will be found in the river during spring thaw high? Yes.
None the less, he hasn't been found, so you keep looking holding on to that shred of hope.
While rare, we always hang on to the hope of a miracle.
The father is doing the right thing, IMO. I stand with him.

Ariel's father said in an interview that if he didn't stay strong, his family would fall apart. I can only imagine the stress he is under, let alone the dread.
I stand with him also, and completely understand his need to keep "hope" alive.

Praying for Ariel and his family. So heartbreaking!

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2018/04/21/les-parents-dariel-lancent-une-petition

Bilingual Periscope/video of Father and family/friends walking the same path Ariel did. If you listen to it he speaks English and French.

If you watch till the end, Ariel's father shows where he was last seen with the woman next to the green container and not on St-Real.

Here is the green box across the street from the garage with the video footage of Ariel.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.5455...4!1sbDr7GVQP1FJxfTtY8AdaiQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

This video gives excellent context and perspective. This is a high density housing area, and I notice that there is a commercial garage within visual sight of where the child was last seen.
I do, as well, see the surrounding water and it's proximity.

As I said upthread, the statistics point to the boy being in the water. *However*, I continue to align with the father on this one. Despite limited resources, I think the RCMP should make another round to:
1. The garage and interview anyone who worked that day taking special note if anyone was sick from work the day after, or moved.
2. The residents in close proximity (the brick apartments/condos) with special attention to anyone who moved after the child went missing, acting strange, etc.
3. Interview prisoner informants...the word gets around
4. Re-interivew sex offenders living in the area and determine their actions shortly thereafter
5. Interview/re-interview any adult (coach, pastor, etc.) who had access to the child alone.

Montreal is an incredible city, with wonderful unique people. The world is watching this case, and observing how the RCMP react, and with what level of vigor and interest.
We see thread after thread of missing children, and it's always the persistence of the parents and the committment of law enforcement that makes the difference in them coming home....or not.

Surrounding the Montreal RCMP with prayer and renewed fortitude to keep up the search. Bring this dear child home to his family, and community.
God Bless.

Editing to add: I hope that the Montreal RCMP are communicating closely with Toronto/Ontario authorities as it relates to potential sex trafficking. So sorry to even suggest that. What are the routine protocols to alert other jurisdictions of a missing minor? If sex trafficking is a possibility, Toronto or the surrounding area should be notified.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2018/04/21/les-parents-dariel-lancent-une-petition

Bilingual Periscope/video of Father and family/friends walking the same path Ariel did. If you listen to it he speaks English and French.

If you watch till the end, Ariel's father shows where he was last seen with the woman next to the green container and not on St-Real.
It's so confusing. I wish they would release the video, blur the woman. Because after the video saw them by the green thing, where did he head? Down the concrete track or into the woods? Which way did he leave the camera? It is awfully far from the water. My biggest question is why was he distraught/ upset about the friend not being home. What did he actually say? Was he hanging around waiting to see if his friend got home soon? Did he think he needed to stay there until he gets picked up? I feel for his family because it all seems to not quite fit

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Kaden Young, a 3yo who was swept away in an Ontario river 2 months ago, was found 13km away today, by a fisherman. https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canad...ite-where-3-year-old-was-swept-away-1.3896358

With him turning up, I’m hopeful if Ariel drowned in a river as well, that he will turn up very soon. Winter appears to finally be gone. People will be out more and may stumble upon him by accident. I feel sorry for anyone who finds a body. Especially a child. But it’s good for the parents to have closure, if that’s the fate the child has met.

http://985fm.ca/nouvelles/politique/96520/jai-des-idees-a-defendre-vincent-marissal

Official LE spokesperson Ian Lafreniere interview with 98.5 FM. at about the 1:45 mark he says :

"L'endroit où il a ete rencontré par la dame c'est une maison qui est vraiment attenante a la rivière. C'est la dernière residence. Il est tout près de la rivière. Par la suite la dame elle quitte, on le voit pas sortir. "

"The place where he was met by the lady is in front of a house that is adjoining to the river.
It is the last residence. It is very close to the river. Afterwards the lady leaves,
but we do not see him come out."

rsbm

Thank you Phei for sharing this video.

If the lady met Ariel in front of the garbage bins, why did Ian Lafrenière say it was in front a house adjoining to the river?

If she spoke to him in front of the garbage bins, they weren't in front of a house at all !
If she spoke to him in front of a house, they weren't in front of the garbage bins !

Which one is it ? :gaah:

Either way, they weren't that close to the river IMO. Some freak accident is likely to have happened, but he would have needed to walk on mushy snow to get to the river bank.

rsbm

Thank you Phei for sharing this video.

If the lady met Ariel in front of the garbage bins, why did Ian Lafrenière say it was in front a house adjoining to the river?

If she spoke to him in front of the garbage bins, they weren't in front of a house at all !
If she spoke to him in front of a house, they weren't in front of the garbage bins !

Which one is it ? :gaah:

Either way, they weren't that close to the river IMO. Some freak accident is likely to have happened, but he would have needed to walk on mushy snow to get to the river bank.

That's my bad, I remember being hesitant to write "In front" because he doesn't say in front, he says "the last place Ariel was seen was at a house that is adjoining to the river in the park" would have been a better translation but it sounded confusing, was he "at" the house or in the park. I thought it was one of things that you say in french that doesn't translate well. I wanted to simplify his way of explaining without confusing but I ended up translating it badly. Sorry for that.

"L'endroit où il a ete rencontré par la dame c'est une maison qui est vraiment attenante a la rivière."

A better translation would be :

"The spot where Ariel met the woman is at a house that is really adjoining to the river". It is very close to the river. Afterwards the lady leaves,

"The spot where Ariel met the woman is at a house that is really adjoining to the river". It is very close to the river. Afterwards the lady leaves,

Still, it sounds much closer to the river than it actually is. JMO

Kudos to his dad for doing this. The only thing I would have liked to see is the path through the park back to the other exit near his house, to see how close the river was along the way. The dad was definitely trying to emphasize how far away the water was though. He doesn't want to think about that possibility.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

I do believe Ariel is in the waters. And just how Kaden was found by someone fishing rather then looking ( searchers were out and divers same time) I do believe Ariel will be found by some everyday person doing their own thing.

I really hope he will be found and found soon. Let’s bring our boys home. Xo
Jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the green box across the street from the garage with the video footage of Ariel.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.5455...4!1sbDr7GVQP1FJxfTtY8AdaiQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

It's so confusing. I wish they would release the video, blur the woman. Because after the video saw them by the green thing, where did he head? Down the concrete track or into the woods? Which way did he leave the camera? It is awfully far from the water. My biggest question is why was he distraught/ upset about the friend not being home. What did he actually say? Was he hanging around waiting to see if his friend got home soon? Did he think he needed to stay there until he gets picked up? I feel for his family because it all seems to not quite fit

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
RBBM: those are very good questions mpnola.
In my humble opinion, there has to be a good reason why LE released the first 3 videos (2 from the Garage, 1 from the house), but seem reluctant to release the last video of Ariel with the witness.

Now that we know he was last captured by a CCTV talking to the witness by that green bin, I have to wonder if the reason LE is not releasing that footage to the public could be the proximity to the train tracks. There is a path for pedestrians along the train tracks. Our dotr speculated about that possibility a few pages back. I truly hope that's not the case, and I feel really bad speculating on this possibility. :(

attachment.php

attachment.php

Google street view: https://www.google.ca/maps/place/12...d0167f72be9553c8!8m2!3d45.545654!4d-73.699114

Attachments

• pathBridge.png
    pathBridge.png
    743.7 KB · Views: 453
  • greenBinPath.png
    greenBinPath.png
    907.1 KB · Views: 449
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online