CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have to admit that I am really choked about the executor's arrangements (or lack thereof) for AG's beloved dogs. I mean, it's not like she just inherited half a million bucks or anything, just for being such a great friend, and possibly it was the least one could do under the special set of circumstances? Instead, they went to the pound, IIRC, and then AG's friendly veterinarian scooped them and gave them to a fellow who took them under his wing as his own, possibly the man who bred them? I mean, it's not even like that certain someone isn't a dog person, but as I understand it, she ALSO had had a dog, who had died in fact, so... what's the issue that one couldn't take in your dear friend of many years, beloved pets??? Oh man, my blood is starting to boil, I better check out a different thread.

ETA: I have to add to that... that not only was it the least one could do for a special friend who was murdered in a horrible manner, but... the dogs themselves were tortured, having been inside the home and unable to help and protect their owner. It's the least one could have done for the dogs as well, to give them a familiar place to stay and be loved, even if temporary until she herself could vet someone new to take them on fulltime, forever? Is that really too much to ask or even expect in this circumstance?
Take it as rumour, but Audrey's dogs were taken in and loved by a nearby family

I have to admit that I am really choked about the executor's arrangements (or lack thereof) for AG's beloved dogs. I mean, it's not like she just inherited half a million bucks or anything, just for being such a great friend, and possibly it was the least one could do under the special set of circumstances? Instead, they went to the pound, IIRC, and then AG's friendly veterinarian scooped them and gave them to a fellow who took them under his wing as his own, possibly the man who bred them? I mean, it's not even like that certain someone isn't a dog person, but as I understand it, she ALSO had had a dog, who had died in fact, so... what's the issue that one couldn't take in your dear friend of many years, beloved pets??? Oh man, my blood is starting to boil, I better check out a different thread.

ETA: I have to add to that... that not only was it the least one could do for a special friend who was murdered in a horrible manner, but... the dogs themselves were tortured, having been inside the home and unable to help and protect their owner. It's the least one could have done for the dogs as well, to give them a familiar place to stay and be loved, even if temporary until she herself could vet someone new to take them on fulltime, forever? Is that really too much to ask or even expect in this circumstance?
Well said.

I wonder if LV was afraid of her dogs, which is why she never entered the home. And when the police took the dogs I assume they were taken to a vet, and when LE was finished with the dog's as part of the investigation LV said she could not take them?

Well said.

I wonder if LV was afraid of her dogs, which is why she never entered the home. And when the police took the dogs I assume they were taken to a vet, and when LE was finished with the dog's as part of the investigation LV said she could not take them?
My understanding is Audrey did not care to have visitors inside her home. She preferred outside visits, coffee shop visits, etc. Jmo

And it could be as simple as LV keeps an immaculate home and AG did not want her to see hers
I'm pretty sure that is indeed the case, however... one would hope that one could have a bestie in life who was close and real enough to not care about such things, not pass judgement, keep things in confidence, etc., and the person wouldn't need to worry about hiding her cluttered house, if it was cluttered. jmo.

I'm pretty sure that is indeed the case, however... one would hope that one could have a bestie in life who was close and real enough to not care about such things, not pass judgement, keep things in confidence, etc., and the person wouldn't need to worry about hiding her cluttered house, if it was cluttered. jmo.
Jmo, has nothing to do with very close real non judgey wonderful best pals. The person's reality and embarrasment etc is more important imo, regardless of how amazing their wonderful pals are. Jme.

Well sure, but if you have a bestie, aren't you going to let that person into your actual life?

I think it depends on how embarrassed AG might have been with LV. Was LV the type to nitpick? Could LV brag about her own home?
We don’t have these details. For myself, my spouse is the only one on earth who has seen, and accepts, all of my own shortcomings. Perhaps AG didn’t have anyone with that level of kindness? Or THOUGHT she didn’t.

Well sure, but if you have a bestie, aren't you going to let that person into your actual life?
Even "besties" can be women, who like to critisize others, especially other women, and are opinionated in an uncomfortable way (for example if they think of themselves as being the best housewife ever). Idk LV, but perhaps she is such a woman; so better to sit with her on the outside on a bench. - A young man like PK wouldn't have the same attitude. IMO
I know well, of what I'm speaking. ;)
PS: If Audrey liked to smoke during an ongoing conversation, and didn't smoke in her home, it would have been a second reason to sit outside with LV.

Last edited:
o/t , unrelated- A member of a popular band from Hamilton was found murdered in his home very recently, his son is the alleged killer.
Wonder if the deceased Gord Lewis, was a previous student of AG's at Westdale SS, imo.

''The 73-year-old taught at Hill Park Secondary School and was a longtime teacher at Westdale Secondary School, where she taught general sciences and physics. Students say Gleave also taught at Barton Secondary School.''

''Gleave had met with a group of retired Westdale teachers for coffee at the Williams Fresh Café across from McMaster University every Wednesday for the last 14 years.

“She was a very good teacher who knew her stuff,” said one of her former Westdale colleagues, who did not want to give his name.

“She was head and shoulders above us (in) the technical aspects of the computer. She was also very knowledgeable of cars,” said the friend, who last saw Gleave during her last Wednesday coffee get-together on Dec. 22.''

RIP.
''Lewis formed Teenage Head while attending Westdale Secondary School along with the late Frank Kerr (known best by stage name Frankie Venom), Steve Mahon, and Nick Stipanitz''

I feel as you do about the dogs. It seems as though people wanted to get this entire thing over with. Like it all was a tremendous chore to have to be bothered with the remains of a life lived. To be honest, this hurts my heart and soul. It feels like a dismissal.
I know. Some people are wired differently, and will start disposing of things while the person who owns them is sick and dying in bed, people coming in and out of the room, taking away cherished, meaningful possessions, and even the night stands. I've seen it -- nowhere left to put a glass of water or tissues. I'm with you on this. To me, living creatures are cherished family members, not possessions.

o/t , unrelated- A member of a popular band from Hamilton was found murdered in his home very recently, his son is the alleged killer.
Wonder if the deceased Gord Lewis, was a previous student of AG's at Westdale SS, imo.

''The 73-year-old taught at Hill Park Secondary School and was a longtime teacher at Westdale Secondary School, where she taught general sciences and physics. Students say Gleave also taught at Barton Secondary School.''

''Gleave had met with a group of retired Westdale teachers for coffee at the Williams Fresh Café across from McMaster University every Wednesday for the last 14 years.

“She was a very good teacher who knew her stuff,” said one of her former Westdale colleagues, who did not want to give his name.

“She was head and shoulders above us (in) the technical aspects of the computer. She was also very knowledgeable of cars,” said the friend, who last saw Gleave during her last Wednesday coffee get-together on Dec. 22.''

RIP.
''Lewis formed Teenage Head while attending Westdale Secondary School along with the late Frank Kerr (known best by stage name Frankie Venom), Steve Mahon, and Nick Stipanitz''
There is a Westdale connection to the band.

They linked up with Westdale Secondary School classmates Steve Mahon, who played bass, and Nick Stipanitz, who became the drummer.

I *think* some of the band members didn't get along with teachers. From the second article:

Back in the '70s, Teenage Head bassist Steve Mahon left Westdale Secondary School one credit short of the 27 needed for a Grade 12 diploma.

It didn't matter much to him at the time. He planned to be a rock star. Rock stars didn't need no diploma...

"My memory of the principal was ... a grouchy old man, you know, the typical principal."

The family who took the dogs live in Caledon and wish to remain unnamed. I’m happy the dogs found a good home with other dogs there to help them adjust. This whole thing is so tragic.
Caledon.

So you see, it's not that far away. It's not impossible that SV's murder could be related to Audrey's murder, and that we don't know the connection. People do travel long distances when they adopt purebred dogs.

The family who took the dogs live in Caledon and wish to remain unnamed. I’m happy the dogs found a good home with other dogs there to help them adjust. This whole thing is so tragic.

Caledon.

So you see, it's not that far away. It's not impossible that SV's murder could be related to Audrey's murder, and that we don't know the connection. People do travel long distances when they adopt purebred dogs.
Not Caledon.... but Caledonia.. which is not that far from Ancaster/Brantford.

The dogs now live with Lorne and Sylvia out in the Caledonia area

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/2259959-if-audrey-gleave-s-dogs-could-speak-/

It seems the one dog died only a year after AG, and only a couple of months after the above article was published:

The female, Schatze, is doing well, but the big male, Togi, died a year after Gleave's murder

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5809219-who-killed-audrey-gleave-/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back