CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now and then, the mystery with AG's dogs comes to my mind ....

The mystery re AG's injured legs/shins (?), as if she had been approached by her own car, comes to my mind .... (This part of a news article disappeared after a short time, but I remember very well.)

IF we would know, what LE know!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe, we should have a list of things, which would have been stated on paper officially at the end of year (around Christmas) and which caused mistrust/arguments between AG and someone else? There has to be something important, IMO as a 100% layman.
As AG was divorced with no children, for long time a pensioner and had her last will written already - who would have had benefits of her death (except her friend LV)? Not benefits of getting money, but rather benefits of not getting charged with a criminal offense (fraud, embezzlement)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it Audrey's dogs, the fancy car, her isolated home, strange computer correspondence, her age, gender, high IQ, or some secrets from the past that contributed to, or was the source of the apparent rage directed at Audrey? speculation, imo.
Re-post, July 2020 rbbm.
BEHIND THE CRIMES: Handyman finds senior after 'horrendous, vicious attack'
''Gleave retired from teaching in 1997 at the age of 60 and met with a group of former colleagues for coffee every Wednesday. She visited the Lynden library at least once per week, but spent the majority of her time home alone with her dogs Togi and Schatze.

She also enjoyed taking her dogs for a drive in her white Camaro.''
P1000814.JPG

Audrey Gleave is seen with her white Camaro. | Hamilton Spectator file photo

''A private person, Gleave kept many details of her life and past hidden — even from those closest to her.

She once told her ex-brother-in-law she feared she would one day be raped and murdered in her home.

In a 2011 interview with the Hamilton Spectator, Allan Gleave said his ex-wife was “paranoid” because she lived alone. In fact, she did not want many people to know her email address and had stopped communicating with his brother after he might have disclosed it, he said.''

Was it ever disclosed why the dogs didn’t react or help Audrey? In this article, it states that they would protect Audrey even when her handyman came by, someone they knew, someone who came by regularly.
Who killed Audrey Gleave? 'Horrendous’ Ancaster murder still unsolved

So why didn’t they protect her this last time? Could she have had a regular visitor that no one knew about, but that the dogs were comfortable with?
Did she actually write the email herself? Was she being held against her will and someone else saw her open email and sent it on her behalf?
Could this have been done by a former student? Did she give someone a poor mark in science which prevented them from going on to further studies? Was there a student who she disciplined or perhaps got suspended who held that grudge?
I wonder if there had been a legitimate threat that made her fear for her safety which made her get not one, but two dogs, and to make the comment which predicted her death?

Was it ever disclosed why the dogs didn’t react or help Audrey? In this article, it states that they would protect Audrey even when her handyman came by, someone they knew, someone who came by regularly.
Who killed Audrey Gleave? 'Horrendous’ Ancaster murder still unsolved

So why didn’t they protect her this last time? Could she have had a regular visitor that no one knew about, but that the dogs were comfortable with?
Did she actually write the email herself? Was she being held against her will and someone else saw her open email and sent it on her behalf?
Could this have been done by a former student? Did she give someone a poor mark in science which prevented them from going on to further studies? Was there a student who she disciplined or perhaps got suspended who held that grudge?
I wonder if there had been a legitimate threat that made her fear for her safety which made her get not one, but two dogs, and to make the comment which predicted her death?

The dogs were found in their cages, in the house ....agitated.
The fact they were found in their cages tells me Audrey was expecting company...she would sometimes put them in cages as they were protective.
New owners of the dogs had said there was no way the one dog would go in a cage for them...too traumatized from what he went through when Audrey, his master, was murdered...

The dogs were found in their cages, in the house ....agitated.
The fact they were found in their cages tells me Audrey was expecting company...she would sometimes put them in cages as they were protective.
New owners of the dogs had said there was no way the one dog would go in a cage for them...too traumatized from what he went through when Audrey, his master, was murdered...
Do we know for sure how/where the dogs were found? I know it has been reported they were found inside the house, while AG was found inside the garage. I don't think PK ever mentioned it, nor the police, etc. I found this (see below), but it is speculation. It's possible the one dog had never liked it in his cage, even when AG was alive? imo. :

When she was killed, likely in her garage, Togi, a big eight-year old male shepherd, and Schatze, a lean, four-year old female, had been unable to help. They were in the house, perhaps locked in their familiar cages.
At bedtime, Schatze goes easily into her cage in the living room, along with Lorne and Sylvia’s two previous dogs. But it’s different with Togi — there is something about the cage.

Togi was fiercely loyal to Audrey. If the big male was in his cage when she was killed, did he hear it? Is it possible that he saw something, but was trapped by the bars?

It makes no sense, eight years into his life, that Togi is now uneasy with his cage. He is calm outside it, “well balanced” as Lorne puts it. But inside the cage, at night, he seems agitated, stressed.

Does the cage symbolize something awful for him? From Lorne’s experience rehabilitating dogs, he thinks that is possible.

Every night, Togi stays in Lorne and Sylvia’s room. He lies on the floor at the end of their bed, and everyone sleeps soundly.

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/2259959-if-audrey-gleave-s-dogs-could-speak-/
---------
(Gleave's two German Shepherds, who were barking furiously inside the house when emergency responders arrived at the garage where her body was found, were adopted by a family. The female, Schatze, is doing well, but the big male, Togi, died a year after Gleave.)

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5809219-who-killed-audrey-gleave-/
---------
Please note that unfortunately these two links above no longer work. They are from the series written by Jon Wells of The Spectator. If someone can find the articles at a different link, please post. I'm not sure if Wells put his entire articles into his book, Death's Shadow, which is available on kindle here: https://www.amazon.ca/Deaths-Shadow-True-Tales-Homicide/dp/1459707443/

I wonder if AG put the dogs in the cages because the company she was expecting wasn’t familiar to them eg. A repairman, a salesman, maybe even a new date? Would the dogs be ok with the company and not have to go in the cages if it was someone they knew, someone who came by regularly or did they have to go in the cages for all visitors? Or is it possible that someone very familiar to them, who they liked and listened to, came by and killed Audrey without them knowing (in the garage) and then that person went inside and put them in the cages? I wonder if the cages were checked for fingerprints?

I’m sorry..I went back through some websites and I cannot find proof the dogs were in their cages…all I can find is that they were locked in the house, barking furiously when first responders arrived.
. In their cages hasn’t been verified by LE as far as I can find. I did read that she had invisible fencing…and that the dogs would circle PK when he came…they were very protective of Audrey.
I don’t have all my original notes on Audrey’s Murder…unfortunately.

@Coralina @jobo The question of the dogs being crated has come up here several times. I've asked the same question myself and don't recall finding any statements to clarify where AGs' dogs were at the time AG was discovered. I believe that if they'd been stated as having been in their cages, there would've been more discussion about it. Jmo.

Didn't LE also find strange items in AGs' yard? Maybe I'm mixing up my cases

Was it ever mentioned who inherited AG’a estate? The first page of her thread states she had no family, just her two dogs.

Was it ever mentioned who inherited AG’a estate? The first page of her thread states she had no family, just her two dogs.

No family, a friend inherited AGs estate.

Who killed Audrey Gleave?
Lynne Vanstone, a golf and coffee-chat friend of Gleave's, lived near Lynden in Brantford but has since moved a couple of hours away….

…..She was named beneficiary of Gleave's estate, which amounted to the house and personal assets totalling $475,622. She was surprised when Gleave asked her to be both executor and beneficiary.

"I said, 'Don't you have anyone else?' She told me she didn't "have any family."

While Gleave seemed intensely private, even reclusive, Vanstone discovered at a memorial service that Audrey had more friends than she had let on.

"I met all these people who had stories about Audrey. I think she put her friends in compartments and kept each one separate."…”

Any chance this suspect in Sarnia, spent any time is Hamilton?speculation, imo. If charges prove true, Prof. M. A. suggests he could be a sk. (last post on thread) ..
Canada - police investigating fourth homicide within 3 weeks, issue caution, Sarnia Ont, 27 Jan 2021

I’d sure hope LE are investigating locations of his prior residencies. At the age of 35, he’s a strong possibility of having committed past offences. Criminals who specifically target seniors are the lowest of low, right down there with child abusers IMO.

I have to be the "Deleted member", although some posts seem unknown to me. :confused:
Getting old isn't that funny, believe me! :p
FYI only. My laptop problems are solved now, hopefully for a long time.

I still want to find AG's killer! :(

Last edited:
When I'm thinking about AG, my first thought is meant for the one friend of Audrey, who had access to her garage. The next thought is meant for her acquaintance from her evening lessons at the Uni, who seemed to be envious of her intelligence and/or her money/teacher's retirement pension. We had some cases here on WS, where an apt and possible suspect (in the eyes of some people) had booked an annual journey and was conveniently absent for the time of the killing/discovery. Audreys TOD wasn't determined exactly, so I'm thinking about, if this specific time is compatible with a trip, commenced on Dec 27th, 2010. If the thought isn't absurd, it nevertheless doesn't explain the numerous strange things re her best male friend/handyman or her best female friend/heiress.

@Coralina @jobo The question of the dogs being crated has come up here several times. I've asked the same question myself and don't recall finding any statements to clarify where AGs' dogs were at the time AG was discovered. I believe that if they'd been stated as having been in their cages, there would've been more discussion about it. Jmo.

Didn't LE also find strange items in AGs' yard? Maybe I'm mixing up my cases
In her yard I remember a more or less little saw was found. Other things I don't remember. Did we think of something like a plasterboard saw or had I been the only one, who thought of this specific tool? Afaik, it was no chainsaw.
The dogs: Idk exactly, but I think, they were in their cages by night. If they were in cages indeed, AG was no longer able to let them out the next morning. Who did know her habits so very well?
ETA:
Togi and Schatze have played a role in the investigation. Detectives took DNA samples from the dogs — blood and hair — but it is unclear why.
If Audrey Gleave’s dogs could speak …

Last edited:
In her yard I remember a more or less little saw was found. Other things I don't remember. Did we think of something like a plasterboard saw or had I been the only one, who thought of this specific tool? Afaik, it was no chainsaw.
The dogs: Idk exactly, but I think, they were in their cages by night. If they were in cages indeed, AG was no longer able to let them out the next morning. Who did know her habits so very well?
ETA:
Togi and Schatze have played a role in the investigation. Detectives took DNA samples from the dogs — blood and hair — but it is unclear why.
If Audrey Gleave’s dogs could speak …

I remember the mention of various items being "strewn about" in the yard. IIRC there was a photo of an officer holding a small hand saw?

From what I read, the morning that Audrey was found she was in the garage wearing her coat and the dogs were shut inside their cages. Unsure if Audrey had an established "morning routine"? (aside from coffee meetups on Wednesday) If so, was it followed or interrupted that day?

Did AG crate the dogs overnight? I can't recall this detail either. It's possible that AGs' killer was inside the home and therefore LE want samples in case something was transferred?

Do we know approximately when AG died in comparison to when Audrey was discovered by P.K? IIRC the fact that AG was found in the garage in winter would have made estimation much less accurate. Sorry for being graphic!

I wonder if they ever checked phone records..from Audreys land line phone.

I feel that she was expecting company when she was found, dead, in her garage with her coat on…and the dogs inside. And if that’s the case, there should be records of who she talked to that night.
No one to speak for Audrey….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member