CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In thinking about this case, after such a long break from it, I've started to wonder how much Audrey valued integrity in others. It's been said she didn't tolerate fools. Her and PK connected on an intellectual and almost mother/son-professor/student level. That's one relationship I can understand. But what if AG was confronted with something that she just couldn't tolerate? Had she witnessed someone doing something that she couldn't tolerate? Had someone forged a cheque on her bank account? Was someone having an affair? I'm wondering if AG had offered her advise to someone to come clean on something or if someone thought that AG had seen something and it was easier to kill her than ever be exposed?

Very interesting angle. You just have to wonder what was the motive? Or did Audrey stumble onto someone and they killed her in a struggle?

http://www.all-about-forensic-psych...minal-profiling-from-crime-scene-analysis.pdf

rbbm.

"The investigative profiler reads the dynamics of a crime scene and interprets them based on his
experience with similar cases where the outcome is known. Extensive research by the Behavioral
Science Unit at the FBI Academy and indepth interviews with incarcerated felons who have
committed such crimes have provided a vast body of knowledge of common threads that link crime
scene dynamics to specific criminal personality patterns. For example, a common error of some
police investigators is to assess a particularly brutal lust-mutilation murder as the work of a sex fiend
and to direct the investigation toward known sex offenders when such crimes are commonly
perpetrated by youthful individuals with no criminal record.

4. Criminal Profile Stage
The fourth stage in generating a criminal profile deals with the type of person who committed the
crime and that individual's behavioral organization with relation to the crime. Once this description
is generated, the strategy of investigation can be formulated, as this strategy requires a basic
understanding of how an individual will respond to a variety of investigative efforts.
Included in the criminal profile are background information (demographics),physical characteristics, habits, beliefs and values, pre-offense behavior Leading to the crime, and post-offense behavior. It may also include investigative recommendations for interrogating or interviewing, identifying,and apprehending the offender".

^Not to mix up posts or go off topic but the bolded part above crossed my mind in the case of Leah Sousa (as well as some other similar cold cases in the Ontario area, perhaps could even apply to the theory of serial killers operating in this area).

Idk much about the AG case but am I understanding this correctly, that AGs' friend came to deliver a cake, found AG & then drove home eating the cake?! And that it was intended to be a gift for AG? Apologize if I've misunderstood.

Idk much about the AG case but am I understanding this correctly, that AGs' friend came to deliver a cake, found AG & then drove home eating the cake?! And that it was intended to be a gift for AG? Apologize if I've misunderstood.
<rsbm>

The article was a bit ambiguous, whiterhino.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5809219-who-killed-audrey-gleave-/

After he was interviewed by police at the scene of the homicide he drove home and along with Alex ate the cake &#8212; a "Texas stollen" cinnamon and raisin coffee ring cake.

It can be interpreted a couple of different ways. PK said he had driven his wife to work just prior to finding Audrey's body ... so either his wife got a ride home with someone else or PK picked her up from work and they drove home together.

IMO, I doubt they ate a whole cake in the car, but probably in the hours/days after arriving home.

^Not to mix up posts or go off topic but the bolded part above crossed my mind in the case of Leah Sousa (as well as some other similar cold cases in the Ontario area, perhaps could even apply to the theory of serial killers operating in this area).

AG had had a sole wish for Christmas and that was, to bake her a "Texas Stollen" using her own recept of German or so origin. If I remember well, AK the pastry chef was wanted to do this. IMO odd somehow, because AG had a relative new (expensive) oven herself and much more time than the busy working AK. The "Texas Stollen" is something, what I know under the name Christmas Stollen. In an older thread, there was even a recept for that cake (I printed it at that time).
Whether PK brought a whole or a half/a piece of Stollen, we don't know. It doesn't matter. In any case he brought seemingly an extra "Coffee Ring" in addition, very nice of him and his wife AK. IMO very questionable to later eat the same cake, which PK had taken to the "crime and drama scene" (and to tell this to whomever). :(
<modsnip>

If Audrey was ill & had a pastry chef for a friend & had this cake recipe on her mind, it would make sense that her friend would bake one for her imho. Maybe AG had planned to bake it herself & just wasn't feeling up to it? Then, maybe PK & AK ate it "on Audreys' behalf"? The cake is significant bc it seems it was sentimental in nature. On one hand, eating it might appear distasteful (no pun intended) but on the other, it could have been the total opposite.

<modsnip>

I can understand eating the cake. I think it would be disrespectful to throw it out.

I'm glad these threads were re-opened, it is part of why I finally joined WS. Relatively local to this case and watched the new house being built at the scene of this horrible, unsolved crime. So many troubling issues I've read about over the years. Let's hope the new detectives can crack the case!

You are not forgotten Audrey.

Her picture is among a few others at Abrams' desk. She calls them her unsolved family tree.

Gleave's murder is not considered a cold case, Abrams says, because it is an active investigation.

I wonder when did Audrey appoint her friend as executor and sole beneficiary? And if the timeline fits, did it an anger a certain newly married young man and even possibly his wife?

God Bless,

AG had had a sole wish for Christmas and that was, to bake her a "Texas Stollen" using her own recept of German or so origin. If I remember well, AK the pastry chef was wanted to do this. IMO odd somehow, because AG had a relative new (expensive) oven herself and much more time than the busy working AK. The "Texas Stollen" is something, what I know under the name Christmas Stollen. In an older thread, there was even a recept for that cake (I printed it at that time).
Whether PK brought a whole or a half/a piece of Stollen, we don't know. It doesn't matter. In any case he brought seemingly an extra "Coffee Ring" in addition, very nice of him and his wife AK. IMO very questionable to later eat the same cake, which PK had taken to the "crime and drama scene" (and to tell this to whomever). :(
<modsnip>
Thinking of the whole "eating the stolen" thing does seem a bit morbid, but when I really think about it, IMO we have to consider everything about AK & PK, especially their age and naivety. Both were very young and PK was very much a nerdy type. I was thinking about how I would react if I had been in PK's shoes that day- probably very different than a young guy his age, considering that there's no standard for reacting to something when you're in shock- just the older you are, there's a chance you've experienced more trauma. IMO, I can only compare it to what I would have done and chances are I would have ate the cake as well- and it would have been 100% emotional eating. I can actually see how, in reaction to something as traumatic as this, my mind would be going a mile a minute trying to process the events. Since the stolen was made exclusively for AG, eating it may have been a subconscious attempt at changing the reality that AG had been murdered. Get rid of the stolen and maybe it's all a bad dream and AG is still alive. IMHO, in shock people may laugh, cry, throw up or eat. The rapid clearing out of AG's house seems more alarming to me. MOO

Thinking of the whole "eating the stolen" thing does seem a bit morbid, but when I really think about it, IMO we have to consider everything about AK & PK, especially their age and naivety. Both were very young and PK was very much a nerdy type. I was thinking about how I would react if I had been in PK's shoes that day- probably very different than a young guy his age, considering that there's no standard for reacting to something when you're in shock- just the older you are, there's a chance you've experienced more trauma. IMO, I can only compare it to what I would have done and chances are I would have ate the cake as well- and it would have been 100% emotional eating. I can actually see how, in reaction to something as traumatic as this, my mind would be going a mile a minute trying to process the events. Since the stolen was made exclusively for AG, eating it may have been a subconscious attempt at changing the reality that AG had been murdered. Get rid of the stolen and maybe it's all a bad dream and AG is still alive. IMHO, in shock people may laugh, cry, throw up or eat. The rapid clearing out of AG's house seems more alarming to me. MOO

rbbm this has been my thinking for quite awhile, especially after going through an estate process, it's already been longer for my grandma's estate than AG's and grandma was in a retirement home...no house to sell etc.

Just one more thing, follow the money!

http://www.hamiltonpolice.on.ca/HPS/CrimeFiles/Help+Us+Solve+This+Crime/gleave.htm

"On Thursday December 30th, 2010 Police responded to 3401 Indian Trail Road, Lynden and discovered the lifeless body of Audrey GLEAVE (73 years). Gleave had been the victim of a particularly violent attack and had been stabbed multiple times.

Gleave was a retired school teacher who lived alone at the property. There were no signs of forced entry to the property and it is not believed that anything was taken from the home during the attack.

Gleave was last seen alive on the morning of Monday 27th December 2010 when she was visited by a friend.

Police ask anyone with information on this crime to contact Det Sgt Joe Stewart at 905 546 2458."

http://www.hamiltonpolice.on.ca/HPS/CrimeFiles/Help+Us+Solve+This+Crime/gleave.htm

"On Thursday December 30th, 2010 Police responded to 3401 Indian Trail Road, Lynden and discovered the lifeless body of Audrey GLEAVE (73 years). Gleave had been the victim of a particularly violent attack and had been stabbed multiple times.

Gleave was a retired school teacher who lived alone at the property. There were no signs of forced entry to the property and it is not believed that anything was taken from the home during the attack.

Gleave was last seen alive on the morning of Monday 27th December 2010 when she was visited by a friend.

Police ask anyone with information on this crime to contact Det Sgt Joe Stewart at 905 546 2458."

Thanks. Here is the picture that came with that notice. It's a good picture of Audrey.
Audrey.jpg

But Det. Angela Abrams says Gleave was targeted &#8212; which stands to reason, given the relative isolation of where she lived and how careful she was about letting anyone close to her.

She was a creature of habit: the times when she checked her computer, the hours she slept, coming and going from the house with her dogs.

"It was not random," says Abrams. "She would have known who it was."

But Abrams says there is no hard evidence Gleave was sexually assaulted.

How could interpretations be so different?

One reason is that the killer may have staged the crime scene. At least one Hamilton detective who worked the case in the past believed the killer tried to lead them down the wrong path.

In an article titled "The Staged Crime Scene," a New York City homicide investigator wrote that the most common type of homicide staging is trying to make the death appear accidental or a suicide, and the second most common is "when the perpetrator attempts to redirect the investigation by making the crime appear to be a sex-related homicide."

On Monday morning, Dec. 27, 2010 she emailed her friend Phil Kinsman, a 22-year old graduate engineering student at McMaster who did gardening and handyman jobs for her.

She wrote that she had not been feeling well lately, but would attend her Wednesday coffee at Williams "come hell or high water." She signed her email "Baryon," a nickname she had coined, after the subatomic particle.

Police believe she was killed that same afternoon or early evening.

Abrams exchanges glances with the victim each day on the job.

"Audrey stares at me every morning," says Abrams of the picture at her desk. "She's not going away."

The snapshot is one of many selfies Gleave took over the years, but in the days before the word existed &#8212; self-portraits taken with an old-fashioned camera.

Her picture is among a few others at Abrams' desk. She calls them her unsolved family tree.

Gleave's murder is not considered a cold case, Abrams says, because it is an active investigation.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2216816-audrey-s-story-continues/

Some called her &#8220;Mama Gleave,&#8221; likely in an endearing way, although it also probably reflected her old-school discipline. One student remembered getting chewed out by her in the hall for holding hands with her boyfriend &#8212; against the rules.

Audrey told her former brother-in-law, David Gleave, about the time an argument with a female student got out of hand at Barton. The girl told Audrey she was going to kill her and was suspended for the outburst.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2215939-who-is-audrey-gleave/

Soon after the news broke, the phone rang at the home of David Gleave in British Columbia. It was his brother, Allan, on the line.

Allan Gleave was Audrey&#8217;s ex-husband. To David, Allan did not sound upset, the voice was matter-of-fact. But then, Allan had not been in touch with her for many years.

&#8220;Did you hear the news about Audrey?&#8221; Allan asked.

Allan had not been contacted by Hamilton detectives about the murder. Police would not call Audrey&#8217;s ex-husband for five months. Instead he had heard the news when Hamilton Spectator reporter Danielle Wong called him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee