Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's anything about a new hair color?

Or didn't want to put the old home up for sale until they had settled on a move date and arranged for their stuff to be moved. If I was moving and was loaded like he was, I'd buy the new house outright and then take my time moving.

I can't think moving or building a house would rate as stressful for someone who built a billion-dollar company. MOO.

Hello PaulR.

I thought I included the link with the photo taken Nov 2017 of Honey Sherman receiving from Linda Frum the senate metal. Previously Honey Sherman had been a burnett & I thought the lighter color softening & flattering.Scroll about a third down the screen to view photo.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/homic...o-home-of-dead-toronto-billionaires-1.3724510

I had the impression that Barry Sherman was a workaholic and unlikely to embrace change. He was reportedly thrifty with his money. Honey Sherman at one point tired of him driving an old car and purchased a new vehicle for him. But my impressions could be wrong.

Buying a house last year in Forest Ridge(link in my post). Building a new house near downtown Toronto in 2017(link in my post) and finally to add to the mix is selling a home you have lived in since 1985 full of family memories somewhat stressful.

Now as as a couple of posters have said this is a couple who have people to delegate tasks to. I think perhaps you are right and there is nothing stressful to people in the billionaire income tier.

Thanks for you reply. I just found this story so tragic and sad for their loved ones.They both sounded like caring generous philanthropist.

:cow:

Hello PaulR.

I thought I included the link with the photo taken Nov 2017 of Honey Sherman receiving from Linda Frum the senate metal. Previously Honey Sherman had been a burnett & I thought the lighter color softening & flattering.Scroll about a third down the screen to view photo.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/homic...o-home-of-dead-toronto-billionaires-1.3724510

I had the impression that Barry Sherman was a workaholic and unlikely to embrace change. But that was only my impression.

Buying a house last year(link in my post). Building a new house near downtown Toronto in 2017(link in my post) and finally to add to the mix is selling a home you have lived in since 1985 full of family memories somewhat stressful.

Now as as a couple of posters have said this is a couple who have people to delegate tasks to. I think perhaps you are right and there is nothing stressful to people in the billionaire income tier.

Thanks for you reply. I just found this story so tragic and sad for their loved ones.They both sounded like caring generous philanthropist.

:cow:
Might be only two houses total. The house they bought last year could be a reno/demo, the one they are "building". I doubt they found a vacant building lot near downtown Toronto.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Just read this.

‘We feel like our system was hijacked’: DEA agents say a huge opioid case ended in a whimper

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...50ad0e-db5b-11e7-b1a8-62589434a581_story.html

Very interesting, thanks for the link.

The article doesn't indicate the distributor was selling drugs illegally, just that they were not sufficiently diligent in checking the credentials of fly-by-night pharmacies.

[the company had failed to report suspicious orders involving millions of highly addictive painkillers sent to drugstores from Sacramento, Calif., to Lakeland, Fla. Some of those went to corrupt pharmacies that supplied drug rings.

I see this as similar to the way governments are cracking down on banks, forcing them to report suspicious cash deposits, in order to control money-laundering.

I was thinking, if something was engineered at the lower levels of the company, where individuals working within the company were enriching themselves selling illegal drugs, that could put the whole company at risk and possibly be a source of despair for Mr. Sherman. But I think, as in the case of the US company, they would simply promise to implement better controls.

If it's discovered that airport employees are stealing luggage or smuggling drugs, should the airline CEO be arrested?

Does anyone else find it a bit coincidental that a day after Toronto Life features their home in an article in the Real Estate section, they are found dead? The article has since been pulled but the link was: https://torontolife.com/city/society/pharma-titan-barry-sherman-selling-modern-north-york-mansion/

A snapshot of the article can be found here: https://torontolife.com/searchgc/?q=Sherman
Here is a snapshot from the Toronto Life article that has since been removed.

attachment.php

toronto life.png

The new place registered in just the wife's name. I suppose it could be as uncomplicated as a jilted, cowardly spouse.
Putting it in her name doesn't necessarily mean anything. They could still be planning to live there together. Women tend to outlive their husbands. But they could also be shielding assets. I suspect that it's probably just a gesture of goodwill on his part to put it in her name.

Putting it in her name doesn't necessarily mean anything. They could still be planning to live there together. Women tend to outlive their husbands. But they could also be shielding assets. I suspect that it's probably just a gesture of goodwill on his part to put it in her name.

Possibly. Or, possibly not.

http://torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/39905
Investigation into two suspicious deaths,
50 Old Colony Road,
Victims identified,
Causes of death released

Broadcast time: 18:55
Sunday, December 17, 2017

Homicide
416-808-7400

Case #: 2017-3201016

At 11:44 a.m., on Friday, December 15, 2017, police responded to a 9-1-1 call to 50 Old Colony Road.

Police officers attended the address and located a man and a woman inside the house. Both were deceased.

The deceased man has been identified as Barry Sherman, 75. The deceased woman has been identified as Honey Sherman, 70.

Post-mortem examinations were carried out yesterday and today. The cause of death for both deceased was ligature neck compression.

Toronto Police Service Homicide has taken the lead in this suspicious death investigation.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/shermans-homicide-1.4453623
[h=1]Deaths of Barry and Honey Sherman now a homicide investigation, Toronto police say[/h] [h=3]Police say both died from ligature neck compression[/h]

Wait. They bought a house AND a condo? Were they splitting up?

I wonder what other trauma happened/what the autopsy shows. Getting 2 people to hang themselves seems difficult to do.

OK so how is this different from death by hanging? Isn't this ligature neck compression?

hi, i'm brand new to this forum because of this case. very familiar with Mr. Sherman. years ago was an acquaintence of his largest canadian competitor

i get the feeling this may go the way of the jon-benet case where you either have to believe something unlikely (in that case, either someone spent an hour writing a note that looked in almost all ways like it was written by mother OR she was hurt by accident and parents didn't get medical treatment thinking she was dead and then make staging of her death)... BOTH are impossible to believe.

the double hanging just seems too hard to believe BUT the police/coroner know what they are doing.

i agree that him doing it seems a bit of a physical stretch... but an outsider doing it without any major clues seems unlikely too unless they hired someone.

probably moot due to the autopsy... but no one i've seen has mentioned massive fundraiser for israel........ google PLO and mark's and spencer in 1970s... huge protests/violence over there just in the last week due to specific news (US embassy)...

i'm guessing with both persons dying due to hanging then it may never get resolved to family's satisfaction... the police will believe in something on the surface to be highly unlikely but there will be no other explanation.

does it now being a homicide investigation suggest a 3rd party? or can it just be mr. sherman? in the case of it being murder/suicide you'd think the homicide team would have been on it right away.

what about strangled and then hung?. i hate putting it that bluntly

I think it was a murder - suicide. I believe the homicide team are now investigating the deaths due to family pressure and to make sure there are no future lawsuits against the police by the family. I doubt any conspiracies are involved.

The way Sherman’s personality has been described, it would not be totally shocking or inconceivable to learn he killed his wife and then committed suicide.

I have no doubt Toronto LE will investigate this to the fullest no matter how this plays out.

Also casting my vote against murder-suicide. It just makes no sense if they were both hanging. Look at the pool railing where they were found. It is so low. They were either hunched over or into the water.

I grabbed the image from the real estate site before they take it down.

https://ibb.co/d4BHS6

It may not have been that railing though. Judging by the image there were a few places I could see where it could be done. The media keeps writing that it was beside the pool, so it could also be in an area the camera didn't cover unless we see an entire, panoramic view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper