Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A double murder makes no sense whatsoever, why would any murderer want to make a statement by hanging them (as if killing them wasn't a statement enough) and able to perform this without any traces of a fight, defense wounds on both, evidence of break in, DNA of a third person on them and on and on.

This obviously is a murder-suicide, probably the husband sedated his wife first. Maybe he was ill, or it could have been a folie a deux, but double murder by hanging, no way. IMO

You are assuming many things that have not yet been revealed, such as DNA, defence wounds, etc. IMO none of us knows enough yet to be able to make any determination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having your arms held back by a jacket is only a temporary restraint, it can easily be shrugged out of, it's not a method to subdue someone else while you tie a belt around their neck, that would require rope or duct tape or something..

Also, the scene at the Liknes home left no doubt it was homicide, blood everywhere. If this was a double murder, it was done by someone with exceptional powers for controlling people so that they die in an tidy, orderly way.

Maybe there was more than one.

Honey was killed elsewhere in the house. Then moved to the poolroom. Hung with a leather belt. Jacket pulled back. And her husband was found in exactly the same condition. This case is really,really strange. With this new info, it doesn't sound like suicide at all. jmo

trying to picture this... couldnt your jacket naturally slip off your shoulders and down your arms when you hang?? Not to sound gruesome but you will be twitching right.

sorry for double post... do we know if the garage is off of the pool. Maybe they had their coats on to go somewhere.

sorry for double post... do we know if the garage is off of the pool. Maybe they had their coats on to go somewhere.

I believe it is, and your post now makes me wonder whether the possible killer(s) were in the garage, and knew that the Shermans would be going out at some point.

I believe it is, and your post now makes me wonder whether the possible killer(s) were in the garage, and knew that the Shermans would be going out at some point.

Or maybe they were attacked as they arrived home.

There's also something in the court right now about price fixing of pharmaceutical drugs because of USA competitors. Canada is at the top of expensive pharmaceuticals list along with USA and Switzerland because of international politics and price fixing by the USA.

Does this factor into the murder of a man who sought to reduce cost of pharmaceuticals by supplying generic pills with the same ingredients?

Was his wife in the wrong place at the wrong time, or perhaps guilty by association?

trying to picture this... couldnt your jacket naturally slip off your shoulders and down your arms when you hang?? Not to sound gruesome but you will be twitching right.

Yes and no. The jacket is pulled or slips down to hands behind the back. Gansters come up behind you, grab the back of your jacket and pull it over your head, they hit you in the head a couple of times, they pull your wallet and anything else they can take. Pulling a jacket down on your arms behind your back is essentially handcuffing. If a belt was noosed around your head at the time your jacket was pulled down on your arms, you would be unable to keep the belt from your neck.

But wouldn't people have their sleeves rolled down in Canada in winter?

Everyone wears toques and keeps their sleeves rolled down in Canada in Winter. The problem seems to be wearing a jacket and having the back of the jacket pulled down until the hands are somewhat trapped behind the back. That sounds like something from the ghetto.

I think Toronto Police will have a lot to answer for if this turns out to be murder. They bungled the Tess Richey case recently so I'm suspect about them.

How could Barry Sherman have committed a murder suicide if a jacket was pulled behind his back and rolled down over arms???

Toronto police bungled Laura Babcock, but they got Russell Williams.

Given the description of the bodies wearing jackets with sleeves rolled down on both victims, I don't for a minute believe that either of them staged this. That is the mark of a sadistic murderer who put them both in a position where they were helpless and then murdered them when they had so much to look forward to.

This isn't about the police. This is about the person who murdered the couple.

It has to be someone close to the family because someone entered the house with no signs of a break-in, was able to disable security, knew where the camera was in the pool area and disabled that camera. Nothing was brought to the house - most likely - and the belts were from Barry's closet ... I'm assuming that, but it is purely speculation.

Of the four cousins, one died of a drug overdose. What is the story on the other three? Which one filed the last lawsuit?

As long as we're pulling up news articles and legal documents filed with the court, we are not sleuthing the family.

Sounds more like a family member than a cousin, when you think about it. Why would a cousin have so much access to their home as to know security camera information. That sounds like a family member.

Ten years ago he said that none of his children will carry his work forward. Are any of them looking for money today?

Which child was first on the scene? That's who I would look at first.

It has to be someone close to the family because someone entered the house with no signs of a break-in, was able to disable security, knew where the camera was in the pool area and disabled that camera. Nothing was brought to the house - most likely - and the belts were from Barry's closet ... I'm assuming that, but it is purely speculation.

Of the four cousins, one died of a drug overdose. What is the story on the other three? Which one filed the last lawsuit?

As long as we're pulling up news articles and legal documents filed with the court, we are not sleuthing the family.

Sounds more like a family member than a cousin, when you think about it. Why would a cousin have so much access to their home as to know security camera information. That sounds like a family member.

Ten years ago he said that none of his children will carry his work forward. Are any of them looking for money today?

This is a great article to read. Lots of information about the cousins and their lawsuit. (IMHO, those cousins sure had a heck of a lot of nerve and entitlement after all the Shermans did for them, gave them. So glad the courts ruled against the cousins in September.)

https://torontolife.com/from-the-archives/barry-sherman-bitter-pill-from-the-archives/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I disagree: try it. Pull the jacket off your shoulders and roll down it down at the back and upper arms, until about the elbows. You can't lift your arms to your neck. However you can just reach behind and pull off the other sleeve and you're free.

If the jacket was used to tie the hands, that'd be different.

I have no idea why I’m struggling to make sense of this jacket thing but I just can’t picture what this is supposed to look like. Are these zip up jackets that are zipped and pulled/rolled off the shoulders?

Edit: I think I understand now actually. Seems like one could wiggle out of that but maybe not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There must still be a big reason police first said murder/suicide, despite finding two bodies hanging together restrained looking like murder victims

I
If you are up on the happenings with Barry Sherman, he had lawsuits going on for years with his cousins. The cousins lost their suits over and over and the last loss came around September of this year. IMO, the cousins probably murdered them or hired somebody to murder them as a revenge killing. A couple of the cousins were bad guys/gals, involved in drugs, etc. This seems like a revenge killing IMO.The second possibility is that one or more of their kids are involved and the motive is money. The third possibility is another business contact of Barry Sherman was pi$$ed about something business related, i.e. a competitor in the drug manufacturing world, etc. Sherman was a billionaire and ruthless businessman. I'm sure he's pi$$ed off lots of people in his life.My gut feeling says the cousins are involved.

Maybe someone took advantage of the bad blood between Sherman and his cousins, and went in for the kill, thinking the cousins would be the top suspects. Who stood to benefit the most? This was a hit. The usual suspects have strong alibis. Who would know the Shermans were about to go to Florida? Who would know about the surveillance camera in the basement and possibly disable it. If there were no signs of forced entry, the Shermans knew them and let them in. Would the Shermans let any of the cousins inside of the house? I don't think so. Any competitors? Nope. It's someone they were very familiar with.

Without more information, I want to start small. Barry and Honey Sherman had three children.

One was getting married, one had a two week old child and what was the third doing again?

I wonder what the name of the security system was, and what level of surveillance was preserved.

They were missed on Thursday, and found on Friday.

Reportedly, both were entangled wearing jackets with belts around their necks hanging near the pool.
The murders most likely happened on Wednesday evening.

What was everyone in the family doing last Wednesday ... the more elaborate the story the more incredulous, the more abrupt the story the more evasive, the more genuine the story the more transparent. Who was unaccounted for on Wednesday evening before their bedtime ... no signs of a break in means they were still up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemc