Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link dotr. The position described is weird. moo

" seated on the edge of their basement lap pool, hanging from a railing "

Also casting my vote against murder-suicide. It just makes no sense if they were both hanging. Look at the pool railing where they were found. It is so low. They were either hunched over or into the water. I grabbed the image from the real estate site before they take it down.

https://ibb.co/d4BHS6

Why is that rail even THERE?

This is exactly what I said they must have actually been in the water. Look at this pool railing. It just doesn't make any sense to kill her THEN hang her.

https://ibb.co/d4BHS6

The Shermans, the family said, had just welcomed a new grandchild. Mr. Sherman was 75 and Ms. Sherman, 70. They had four children.

On Monday, Mrs. Sherman e-mailed friends to book social dates on the couple's upcoming Florida trip.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...apotex-founder-barry-sherman/article37348222/

"Looking forward to getting together in Florida. I am coming south Monday, December 18 - Friday, January 12," Mrs. Sherman wrote in the email. "Barry is coming south for Monday December 25 & going home with me Jan. 12. Please let me know your dates south asap so i can place in my calendar... Looking forward to hearing back asap. Xoxo Honey"

It is such an awkward place for ANY person to decide to hang himself. Let alone kill your wife then hang her there too. There are so many motives here. The quote the guy gave about life having no purpose is telling though. Right now nothing can be ruled out, but this is sure one of the most bizarre cases of all time.

https://www.utoronto.ca/news/memoriam-barry-and-honey-sherman
The University of Toronto community is deeply saddened to learn that Bernard (Barry) Sherman and Honey Sherman—two of our most prominent alumni and visionary supporters—have passed away.

“Barry and Honey were proud graduates of the University of Toronto,” says U of T president Meric Gertler. “Their far-reaching philanthropy supported Baycrest, Mount Sinai Hospital, the UJA Federation of Greater Toronto, the United Way of Greater Toronto, and so many other important institutions and causes. At U of T, Barry and Honey were incredibly generous supporters of our Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy. And Barry was highly engaged as a member of our Entrepreneurship Leadership Council, providing guidance and advice in support of the University’s efforts to build a strong ecosystem for entrepreneurship and innovation.

“Clearly, few individuals have done more to advance the health and wellbeing of Canadians than Barry and Honey Sherman. Our thoughts are with their close friends and family during this difficult time.”

Barry Sherman (B.A.Sc. 1964) joined the University’s engineering science program in 1958 at the age of 16. Honey Sherman was a graduate of New College (B.A. 1969) and OISE (B.Ed. 1970).

I agree about the murder-suicide seeming very implausible, but on the other hand, I can't believe Toronto police are so naive to have basically ruled out murder just because there's no "evidence of forced entry". I hope there's strong evidence of murder-suicide they aren't talking about.

With regards to the very unpleasant topic of hanging, it's a very common form of suicide: Robin Williams, L'Wren Scott the fashion designer girlfriend of Mick Jagger, the writer David Foster Wallace are 3 instances that I've read about. L'Wren Scott was over 6 ft tall, but used a doorknob, apparently.

I agree about the murder-suicide seeming very implausible, but on the other hand, I can't believe Toronto police are so naive to have basically ruled out murder just because there's no "evidence of forced entry". I hope there's strong evidence of murder-suicide they aren't talking about.

With regards to the very unpleasant topic of hanging, it's a very common form of suicide: Robin Williams, L'Wren Scott the fashion designer girlfriend of Mick Jagger, the writer David Foster Wallace are 3 instances that I've read about. L'Wren Scott was over 6 ft tall, but used a doorknob, apparently.

Yes. Definitely a fairly common form of suicide but this is the first murder-suicide I recall with that COD for both victims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly a strange case. Have they said yet if there were surveillance cameras on?
How old was Honey, I haven't seen her age yet.
Hard to see how they could hang while sitting, and if murder suicide even more bizarre if they think Honey died somewhere else.

"Investigators are working on the theory that Mr. Sherman killed his wife, hung her body and then hanged himself at the pool's edge, the source said"

Sounds like they are saying she was dead when he hung her. Perhaps he strangled her and then wanted some symbol of "togetherness" by hanging her by his side. So sad and bizarre.

Rbbm.
One might imagine the recent birth of a g.child and perhaps the symbolism some associate with a rope/cord and proximity to a body of water.
speculation, imo.

Certainly a strange case. Have they said yet if there were surveillance cameras on?
Hard to see how they could hang while sitting, and if murder suicide even more bizarre if they think Honey died somewhere else.

I read that she was 70 and he was 75.

Yes. Definitely a fairly common form of suicide but this is the first murder-suicide I recall with that COD for both victims.

Yes, possibly trying to make it look like it was a mutual decision.

It’s terrible if he killed his wife Honey. Why plan a holiday to Florida next week?

It will be interesting to see if Mr. Sherman recently got his will and affairs in order.

I know one thing for sure. The conspiracy theorists will be coming out in droves on this one.

70 he was 75.

From what I can tell, the conflict that arose between Sherman and the Winters was understandable but it is not so clear that he cheated them in any way. The Winters’ parents were Rich and Sherman’s were not when the the Winter Parents died suddenly 17 days apart. Ultimately, Sherman got control of the Winter Family business and parlayed it into a Billion Dollar enterprise while the Winter children got cash; in the hundreds of thousands and proceeded to squander it. There was an agreement that the Winter children would be able to work for that business and purchase stock (at fair market value) so long as Sherman controlled it. Since Sherman sold the business, he was relieved of any requirement to hire the children or sell them any stock. The courts up held this determination.

Apparently, Sherman was very generous to the children to the tune of millions and realistically, the promise of a job (at a “market driven” salary) and the promise to sell them stock (a marker based price) isn’t that valuable an asset. Still, the Winter children resented that what they got from Sherman was made to feel like charity and they felt Sherman reneged on the “ spirit” of the agreement which was to keep them involved in the family business. Was that a motive for murder?

From what I can tell, it was staged to look like a double suicide but information that has leaked out suggest that Honey was killed before she was hung, indicating homicide. Murder-suicide involving a married couple is not that unusual but it would be if it involved someone so wealthy and prominent. We haven’t heard the last of this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From what I can tell, the conflict that arose between Sherman and the Winters was understandable but it is not so clear that he cheated them in any way. The Winters’ parents were Rich and Sherman’s were not when the the Winter Parents died suddenly 17 days apart. Ultimately, Sherman got control of the Winter Family business and parlayed it into a Billion Dollar enterprise while the Winter children got cash; in the hundreds of thousands and proceeded to squander it. There was an agreement that the Winter children would be able to work for that business and purchase stock (at fair market value) so long as Sherman controlled it. Since Sherman sold the business, he was relieved of any requirement to hire the children or sell them any stock. The courts up held this determination.

Apparently, Sherman was very generous to the children to the tune of millions and realistically, the promise of a job (at a “market driven” salary) and the promise to sell them stock (a marker based price) isn’t that valuable an asset. Still, the Winter children resented that what they got from Sherman was made to feel like charity and they felt Sherman reneged on the “ spirit” of the agreement which was to keep them involved in the family business. Was that a motive for murder?

From what I can tell, it was staged to look like a double suicide but information that has leaked out suggest that Honey was killed before she was hung, indicating homicide. Murder-suicide involving a married couple is not that unusual but it would be if it involved someone so wealthy and prominent. We haven’t heard the last of this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure i would call sudden aneurysm & leukemia suddenly dying 17 days apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3