Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cars could be seen on the early photos when the story first broke. If you google 50 Old Colony Rd, you will see the vehicles in front of the house.

Thanks. That eliminates all theories that someone was in the car and avoided detection because the car was parked in the garage next to the pool.

Frugal enough to have alarm system with no cameras? I'm still not sure we are getting proper reporting/facts on this as there are conflicting reports atm.

Not really. There are no cameras, and ADT security people were at the house on Monday. That means they have a security system without cameras, and there's no reason to think that they used the security system on a daily basis.

Who knows if that is true? I am beginning to question all the reporting as rumours.

We don’t know if it’s true. That was my point saying “if” you leave a door unlocked a security system is useless. I wasn’t clear, sorry. Typing too fast. :)

Not really. There are no cameras, and ADT security people were at the house on Monday. That means they have a security system without cameras, and there's no reason to think that they used the security system on a daily basis.

Then why the earlier reports of a security camera in the poolroom? Man, this is confusing !!

I think some of the posters on here are making up things as they go, I would like to see links to anything related to the investigation. is There a moderator here?

I honestly don't know of anyone who has their house wired with cameras... I would be watching my dogs all day while at work if I did. :laughing: Indoors I mean...

I pre-wired my house for cameras and video. I'm old and this'll be my last one. Less hackable, no noise issues (proper wiring), virtually unlimited speed, low cost (did it myself). If I was young and/or moving into an older house probably wouldn't have, but it can be worth it. I'll bet the Shermans had lots of cameras unless they had privacy/security issues. If the open back door is true, they didn't.

Yes, this is my first post. Gotta start somewhere

I think some of the posters on here are making up things as they go, I would like to see links to anything related to the investigation. is There a moderator here?

MSM reported about the security camera in the poolroom.

If you want to reach a moderator, click the triangle at the bottom of a post. This will open a window where you can type a message.

I pre-wired my house for cameras and video. I'm old and this'll be my last one. Less hackable, no noise issues (proper wiring), virtually unlimited speed, low cost (did it myself). If I was young and/or moving into an older house probably wouldn't have, but it can be worth it. I'll bet the Shermans had lots of cameras unless they had privacy/security issues. If the open back door is true, they didn't.

:welcome4:

I googled a street view of the Sherman home. The houses are closer together than I had imagined. I’m sure TPS has obtained security camera footage from nearby homes.

We have an alarm system without cameras. It has nothing to do with being frugal. Our other alarm system has 4 legs and barks. :loveyou:

I can leave my door unlocked but if my alarm system is on, the alarm will go off once the door is open.

MSM reported about the security camera in the poolroom.

The Toronto media and news reported it also. Possibly the police were reluctant to say the house had NO security, its in a very lovely area and they don't want to encourage thieves, especially at this time of year?? There is always an uptick in robberies at Christmas.

I watched a very loving family grieving today. The family, friends, the co-workers, the associates ALL had the same message. These two people were devoted to their family and their empire.
A murder suicide seems nearly impossible to me. I may be wrong but I just find it unfathomable.
One suicide, yes. A murder, just no!

I googled a street view of the Sherman home. The houses are closer together than I had imagined. I’m sure TPS has obtained security camera footage from nearby homes.

TPS did a door to door request for videos and information from the neighbours earlier in the week. Of course, no information has been released.

The Police Chief has stated, on tv, that he will not be releasing any information about the case before speaking with the family.
They made a huge mistake when the bodies were found by NOT notifying the next of kin. They found out via the media, how dreadful for them.

Many years ago, I was not notified of my fathers death by TPS but by one of his neighbours who phoned me after the police had left his home.
He had died a natural death at home but they ARE supposed to notify next of kin and that would have been me.

Not criticizing TPS, simply stating facts. IMO

The Toronto media and news reported it also. Possibly the police were reluctant to say the house had NO security, its in a very lovely area and they don't want to encourage thieves, especially at this time of year?? There is always an uptick in robberies at Christmas.

I'm very familiar with that area. ;) I'm just really surprised that Barry would be that frugal given who he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003