Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering about her new blonde hair, working out with a personal trainer, etc.. I'd like to hear more about that trainer. Just saying, in a case like this, anything is possible. Perhaps she and Barry were in the midst of a separation and she was already moving on.

MOO MOO MOO :cow:

I was surprised when the personal trainer turned up at scene expecting to be allowed in... I would love to here his take on it. I do believe personality wise Barry would be capable of this, if he did I'm sure in his mind it was meticulously planned and he believed it would look like a suicide pact.
No way could I see Honey going along with that if she was conscious.

The police aren't stupid, there must have been things we don't know about, that led them to believe suicide/murder so quickly.

A bit off topic but we had a case here this week, where a policeman here killed and meticulously planned to kill wife's lover. We just never know what goes through someone's mind when they see their life as they knew it ending. To outsiders they had a perfect marriage. I suspect Honeys life was far from perfect.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11959986

Very odd that and indoor pool would have a cover. What is the point?
I would imagine to help it stay heated?
Ah! Evaporation.

Indoor pools aren't subjected to the environment, but they still can lose a lot of energy from evaporation. They even require room ventilation to control indoor humidity caused by the large amount of evaporation. The ventilated air also must be conditioned, which adds to the energy costs.

https://energy.gov/energysaver/swimming-pool-covers

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm wondering about her new blonde hair, working out with a personal trainer, etc.. I'd like to hear more about that trainer. Just saying, in a case like this, anything is possible. Perhaps she and Barry were in the midst of a separation and she was already moving on.

MOO MOO MOO :cow:

They say that older women should go with lighter hair because skin gets lighter. Maybe she wanted to look good in Florida where a lot less clothing is worn. I imagine lots of the women she knows have had extensive plastic surgery, not always successfully

6.9 million is a modest home? How much can a pile of cement be worth?

It was 12,500 sq. ft. in a pretty nice neighbourhood.

Given the benchmark in places like Toronto and Vancouver starts at $1,000 a sq. ft. , a price of $7 million seems pretty reasonable.

Very odd that and indoor pool would have a cover. What is the point?

Besides keeping dirt and small critters out, it could keep the temp at a certain level.
The pool is right next to the underground garage...you can see the glass blocks in the wall separating them.

Let us say it is murder-suicide.

If it was a mutual decision, they would have together taken some kind of drugs.

I doubt if she agreed to sit still while he strangled her.

If they decided to do it together, why not lie down together in bed? The bed can easily be disposed of later. Not messy.

The killing does not sound spontaneous if it is hanging.

Why do it that complicated, strenuous way?

I was surprised when the personal trainer turned up at scene expecting to be allowed in... I would love to here his take on it. I do believe personality wise Barry would be capable of this, if he did I'm sure in his mind it was meticulously planned and he believed it would look like a suicide pact.
No way could I see Honey going along with that if she was conscious.

The police aren't stupid, there must have been things we don't know about, that led them to believe suicide/murder so quickly.

A bit off topic but we had a case here this week, where a policeman here killed and meticulously planned to kill wife's lover. We just never know what goes through someone's mind when they see their life as they knew it ending. To outsiders they had a perfect marriage. I suspect Honeys life was far from perfect.

BBM

^^^ This. The evidence must have been pretty obvious for LE to come the murder/suicide conclusion so quickly. They shouldn't have leaked it, though, without telling the family first.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

From what I've read of Barry, he was a workaholic, didn't like small talk or socializing.
Holidays were probably his least liked time of the year.
Maybe the timing is significant, Honey was leaving for Florida in a few days time.

CP24: Forensic investigators are at the Sherman home. No update as to whether this is a homicide, still considered suspicious deaths.

Mr. Sherman owned a drug/pharmaceutical company where he had access to all types of drugs with which one could use to commit suicide or murder his wife. Why hanging or strangulation? Very odd IMO.

I don't understand this happening at all. These are people who have money, 4 children, a new grandchild coming up going to Florida. I cannot fathom suicide and murder. I read in a news article someone posted on a news site that there were alot of burglaries in that area, so I hope their security cameras were on. I cannot see this 75 year old guy doing all of this hanging. No Way.

Mr. Sherman owned a drug/pharmaceutical company where he had access to all types of drugs with which one could use to commit suicide or murder his wife. Why hanging or strangulation? Very odd IMO.

So true. He could've arranged something much easier and less painful.

Hanging is also so painful for the family to have to deal with - more so than a "peaceful" death in bed.

Good point. I haven't even thought of that aspect.

jmo

I don't believe he did this! JMO

Friends and colleagues have long said that Mr. Sherman was consumed with work and that he devoted almost all of his time and energy to Apotex, frequently sleeping for only a few hours a night. He had almost no outside interests and no taste for luxury, once driving an old car into such disrepair that Ms. Sherman went out and bought him a new Mercedes.

"Barry liked to do one thing: work. He worked seven days a week and he loved it," said Murray Rubin, 87, a retired pharmaceutical-industry colleague.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...om-news-of-the-couples-death/article37362416/

This might sound weird, but how do people know how to hang themselves? Like, I don't know how to tie a noose just so... Is it easier in reality than I make it up to be in my head? For example, there was a young lady in I think Texas who pushed her husband or boyfriend out the window of their high rise and she went to prison and hung herself in her cell. I don't know how I'd figure out how to do it? I'm not stupid, but I am inept with tying different types of knots...idk just something I've been thinking about.

Toronto Life article!

Bitter Pill

Barry Sherman, ​Canada​’s generic drug king, was recently found dead ​in his home ​along with his wife​,​ Honey. ​This profile, from Toronto Life’s archives, ​chronicles his childhood, how he built his multibillion-dollar fortune and the family feud that plagued the last decade of his life

https://torontolife.com/from-the-archives/barry-sherman-bitter-pill-from-the-archives/

I was surprised when the personal trainer turned up at scene expecting to be allowed in... I would love to here his take on it.

Not sure he expected to be let in. I'd assume he just wanted to present himself to someone in charge instead of the Junior Constable that tried to turn him away.
He had a standing appointment. It would suspicious if he didn't turn up and tell the Police sho he was and why he was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995