Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>Mark my words, murder-suicide is very unlikely to be the real cause of this event. The police announced murder-suicide early on to try to make the murderer think they got away with it. My belief is that the police have been thinking double murder from the beginning, but manipulating the media to help in their search for the murderer. You find two hanging bodies in a random location with ligature neck marks. Trust me, your first thought is NOT gonna be murder-suicide. <modsnip>

I read there was a housekeeper that answered the door for a reporter doing an interview with Honey 10 years ago? Was there no employees around at all since Wednesday at the home?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

<modsnip>Mark my words, murder-suicide is very unlikely to be the real cause of this event. The police announced murder-suicide early on to try to make the murderer think they got away with it. My belief is that the police have been thinking double murder from the beginning, but manipulating the media to help in their search for the murderer. You find two hanging bodies in a random location with ligature neck marks. Trust me, your first thought is NOT gonna be murder-suicide. <modsnip>

Let's leave conspiracy on the side lines. Police did not release information about no sign of a break-in, and no evidence of a double homicide, to lie to the public and manipulate society.

Police do not draw conclusions based on one fact. They looked at the entire situation and, by the sounds of it, they know that two people were in the house, and then they were both dead. That only way to get from point A to point B is that one person murdered the other and then committed suicide.

I read there was a housekeeper that answered the door for a reporter doing an interview with Honey 10 years ago? Was there no employees around at all since Wednesday at the home?

I wondered about that as well. Could have sent her on holidays already since they were going to Florida.
Were they actually living here or the other place?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I wondered about that as well. Could have sent her on holidays already since they were going to Florida.
Were they actually living here or the other place?

Neighbors said they were living there IIRC

If the house was just listed 18 days before they were found, I'm thinking they would have someone in regularly, even daily to tidy in case there was a potential buyer coming in to see the house

Nothing really. The only thing that comes to mind is auto eroticism, possibly after ingesting something. We will likely never really know what happened.
I agree. The public will never know what happened. I think auto eroticism too. Police know, family will be told...story will die. This will be kept private, as it should.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

i concur that the police know 1000x+ more than any of us about this..... and if they suggested murder-suicide and not much evidence of double murder then that's probably what it was. obviously the police may change their minds later but i haven't seen that too often. there will definitely be alot pressure in this case but maybe they'll just leave it open/let it go.

and there's lots of info that this couple could have withheld from their own family. who wants to burden the younger generation with their problems? and for whatever reason the mother might be quite stoic about that.

i would say that this has happened to many people where there was little sign of problems beforehand... the advanced age is quite unique here of course.

hanging is very common. unfortunately i know of a few people first-hand myself.. and i would of course cite the advanced age here too. but i think it's a bit unclear what the crime scene actually looked like.

A double murder makes no sense whatsoever, why would any murderer want to make a statement by hanging them (as if killing them wasn't a statement enough) and able to perform this without any traces of a fight, defense wounds on both, evidence of break in, DNA of a third person on them and on and on.

This obviously is a murder-suicide, probably the husband sedated his wife first. Maybe he was ill, or it could have been a folie a deux, but double murder by hanging, no way. IMO

A double murder makes no sense whatsoever, why would any murderer want to make a statement by hanging them (as if killing them wasn't a statement enough) and able to perform this without any traces of a fight, defense wounds on both, evidence of break in, DNA of a third person on them and on and on.

This obviously is a murder-suicide, probably the husband sedated his wife first. Maybe he was ill, or it could have been a folie a deux, but double murder by hanging, no way. IMO
I disagree. I dont think there is anything "obvious" about this case.

i concur that the police know 1000x+ more than any of us about this..... and if they suggested murder-suicide and not much evidence of double murder then that's probably what it was. obviously the police may change their minds later but i haven't seen that too often. there will definitely be alot pressure in this case but maybe they'll just leave it open/let it go.

and there's lots of info that this couple could have withheld from their own family. who wants to burden the younger generation with their problems? and for whatever reason the mother might be quite stoic about that.

i would say that this has happened to many people where there was little sign of problems beforehand... the advanced age is quite unique here of course.

hanging is very common. unfortunately i know of a few people first-hand myself.. and i would of course cite the advanced age here too. but i think it's a bit unclear what the crime scene actually looked like.
I'm sorry but to site advanced age is disingenuous. 75 and 70 is not old anymore.

Barry Sherman doesn't strike me as a dramatic guy given to impulse. This guy was a workaholic, diligent, planned ahead, helped others, a paternalistic type. Plus the two were set to go to Florida within hours - a break from their dull grey environs. He had tuns of lawsuits going all the time - he probably had to sue to "survive" in his competitive business. Hanging just seems counter to this guy's whole MO. Someone - a few people (excluding law enforcement) must know. The "silence is deafening" as the saying goes.

Guys/Gals, this was not a murder-suicide! This was a double homicide. If you are up on the happenings with Barry Sherman, he had lawsuits going on for years with his cousins. The cousins lost their suits over and over and the last loss came around September of this year. IMO, the cousins probably murdered them or hired somebody to murder them as a revenge killing. A couple of the cousins were bad guys/gals, involved in drugs, etc. This seems like a revenge killing IMO.

The second possibility is that one or more of their kids are involved and the motive is money.

The third possibility is another business contact of Barry Sherman was pi$$ed about something business related, i.e. a competitor in the drug manufacturing world, etc. Sherman was a billionaire and ruthless businessman. I'm sure he's pi$$ed off lots of people in his life.

My gut feeling says the cousins are involved.

Here is a good article about Sherman which explains his life and his ongoing problems with his cousins.

https://torontolife.com/from-the-archives/barry-sherman-bitter-pill-from-the-archives/

From the get-go, I didn't believe this was a murder-suicide. Having now read through all the comments, I gotta say, you all make some very interesting points that support both murder-suicide, and also double-homicide. I find I keep flip-flopping.

But in the end, I think I'm still leaning towards double-homicide. The facts just don't add up for me. I believe that it's true, TPS likely know so much more than we do, but they were just too quick to jump to conclusion. As they are skilled investigators, they still often get it wrong. Anyone from Toronto knows this.

I'd like to know more about what "ligature neck compression" really means. As it stands now, I'm inclined to believe that the "hanging" by the pool wasn't what killed them. It feels like some creepy, personal display. No forced entry is suspicious, but they could have likely opened the door to someone they knew. And I gotta say, after reading the articles regarding the cousins, specifically the Toronto Life one, they sound like angry, hateful people who feel very, very wronged. Especially that Kerry.

With that being said, having met so many different people throughout my life, and having followed more cases than I can count, I'm well aware that we never know what goes on behind close doors. Nothing would surprise me with this case at the moment, it's just too crazy, and there's so many possibilities.

Or a double murder that unintentionally, happened to look like a murder-suicide?

This is where my head is at. It was supposed to look like a straight double suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995