Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t know the full circumstances. The police assessed the situation and made a determination and released that information to the media; as they would if the deaths involved ordinary people, like us. They could be wrong, of course, but most of the time, they are not.

These are not ordinary people, like us. Their close relatives can call in markers from prominent politicians to quiet The whole investigation down until all the facts are in. Beyond that, it is not clear that they can keep this under control. In the end, we hope that an honest investigation will be conducted. If this is really a double murder staged to look like a murder/ suicide, we hope that the facts will come out and the Real Killer be found. It may very well turn out that the initial impression was correct.

Barry Sherman was a big time philanthropist. He donated a lot of money to worthy causes. The main reason people do this, beside personal belief in the cause, is that they want to be remembered as “very good people”. Very good people do not kill their wives before they kill themselves.

I know people whose parent committed suicide and their memory of that person is, at best “tainted”. To not only kill themselves but to murder the other parent would bring about the ultimate dishonor to himself in the eyes of his children and anyone else who knew them. It is very hard to imagine that someone who has achieved not only wealth but respect in the eyes of his countrymen would do such a thing to decimate their reputations in such a manner. The possibility can not be discounted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And new information offers an even more disturbing look into what a real estate agent and police found in the pool area of their home.

Sources say investigators found the Shermans, side by side, in their windowless pool room, each with a men’s leather belt wrapped around their necks and tied to the pool railing. Both had on jackets that were pulled “behind their backs” and rolled down over their arms.

It is believed the camera in the pool area had been disconnected.

http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-mystery-shrouds-deaths-of-billionaire-couple

Some new info here:
Sources say investigators found the Shermans, side by side, in their windowless pool room, each with a men’s leather belt wrapped around their necks and tied to the pool railing. Both had on jackets that were pulled “behind their backs” and rolled down over their arms.

http://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...lionaire-couple/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Woah!

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

And new information offers an even more disturbing look into what a real estate agent and police found in the pool area of their home.

http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-mystery-shrouds-deaths-of-billionaire-couple
Are you an L&D Nurse....because you beat me to that one lol

I don't understand the jackets? Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Belts wrapped around necks and tied to the pool railing. Where they tied to the railing at the neck by the belt? Or, wrapped at the neck by the belt and tied to the railing in another way? Or, wrapped and tied to the railing at the neck, but not hanging??

Still unclear, especially the jackets behind their backs.

Not sounding like someone could do that to themselves. In other words, not sounding like murder-suicide, but murder-murder.

I think the jackets also rule out the auto-erotica theory, imo.

Bolded by me.

What the heck does that mean? Some kind of makeshift restraint? If it was both of their jackets, then doesn't that imply a third party at the scene?

Jackets to restrain their arms from freeing themselves from the belts IMO

Lol ER nurse now working Primary Care...slowing down in my old age of 52 lol

OT: I hear ya! We deliver between 5,000 and 6,000 babies a year on my unit. :baby: It's hard on the body! I'll be 58 next month. I'm down to part time now. Two 12 hour shifts a week.

I think Toronto Police will have a lot to answer for if this turns out to be murder. They bungled the Tess Richey case recently so I'm suspect about them.

How could Barry Sherman have committed a murder suicide if a jacket was pulled behind his back and rolled down over arms???

I guess we have gone from bizarre to the ultra or mega bizarre?

Jackets to restrain their arms from freeing themselves from the belts IMO

Now we need to know when the camera was disconnected. Years ago because they liked their privacy or the day of their death.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I think Toronto Police will have a lot to answer for if this turns out to be murder. They bungled the Tess Richey case recently so I'm suspect about them.

How could Barry Sherman have committed a murder suicide if a jacket was pulled behind his back and rolled down over arms???
People who commit suicide by hanging will sometimes find a way to retrain their hands so they can't change their mind.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm still of the opinion that they were both murdered.
Having read every post, I've been trying to see all sides of this tragedy and there are good arguments, but I still do not believe BS killed his wife (whether intentionally or in a fit of rage) and then before dragging her from wherever, committed suicide in the location and manner he did. Nor vice versa. Nor a double suicide.

<modsnip>

Revenge can be extremely ugly, especially by someone(s) who apparently is/are enraged, has/have entitlement issues, and can't stand that BH became such prominent, wealthy, highly regarded personality.

And also as was stated BH was dealing with a lot of big time lawsuits and high powered competition, no doubt lots of enemies whose business dealings could be a lot easier with him out of the way.

But I still lean to a revenge statement killing.

I'm sorry but to site advanced age is disingenuous. 75 and 70 is not old anymore.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

:loveyou:

It is a time when you start feeling your age though.

Sure, we can feel it, but we don’t have to let it turn us into “elderly” people and have it define our age as “advanced,” especially by other people. My 73 year old husband is very active. He even has a plaque in his “man cave” that says “I can’t adult today.” :) I’m almost 72 and despite aches and pains I don’t consider my age “advanced.” We are the “forever young” generation and don’t anybody forget it! :D

And that means you can no longer be productive? Nope. Not true.

:loveyou:

Age has nothing to do with this. Imo.

Well, we don’t know for sure that age didn’t factor in with them, but it’s certainly not a given just because of their age. Thanks for making that clear. I just felt too old and decrepit to reply to that post. :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995