Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re post
Kevin Donovan, the chief investigative reporter at the Toronto Star, talks about the unique investigation, the family and why he believes the case will be solved
by Anne Kingston
Oct 30, 2019
Who killed Barry and Honey Sherman? A new book offers fascinating insights. - Macleans.ca
''A: Nobody knows who died first. It’s more likely Honey died first. None of her close friends remember her having a will. They looked for a will. I went to court to try to get their wills, which is an ongoing legal battle. The papers filed for Honey are filed for a person without a will—intestate. I’ve seen two papers for Barry—one says he has a will, another says he doesn’t. I find it very confusing. My understanding of the will that I have not yet seen is that it gives money equally to the four children. It sets up a trust for Honey that will provide for her and she would have control over should Barry predecease her. Barry used a basic pro-forma will, like you can buy at Staples. I would have thought there would be millions for charities—but there’s nothing like that.''

A couple questions - how do you know Honey didn’t have a signed will or Barry’s last will & testament was by a do-it-yourself format from Staples?

Not even KD stands by that.

Honey Sherman had a will she updated shortly before billionaire couple slain, confidant reveals

How do you know BOTH HONEY & BARRY were undertaking estate planning in reference to leaving money to charity or others, aside from their children. As the Estate files have been sealed, we don’t know who are the beneficiaries.

I didn’t read KD’s book but with all due respect, for JS to order a hit on a reporter seems totally ridiculous. I’m somewhat surprised you appear very anxious to convict him based on a total lack of verified facts but I will assume you have your reasons.

Dear Misty Waters

Not trying to convict anyone. I'm just reporting the facts.

While the files have been sealed it's clear that from the applications that Barry application was "Application for Certificate of Appointment of Estate Trustee with a Will (Individual Applicant) Form 74.07
While's Honey's Application for Certificate of Appointment of Estate Trustee without A
Estate Planning for Privacy – Field Law Blog

Just to be clear "Honey Sherman had a will she updated shortly before billionaire couple slain, confidant reveals" - YES Honey did meet with a lawyer to draw up a will but she met with a lawyer who had a 2 part process. 1 Meet&Greet/Client Intake. 2. What would you like in your will? 3. Draw up will afterwards and schedule a follow-up appointment to sign docs. Honey & Barry were worth around 10-12 Billion. It's highly irregular to just draw up a will and sign it within 5 minutes.

Barry just went to staples and got a will kit as he was #1 A genius. #2 Frugal. As Kevin Donavan points out in his book Barry never flew First Class his entire life. He always flew coach. He also drove an old beater until it died. Barry also had no plans on dying and was working out with a personal trainer to get into better health/slim down. He was also eating healthy. His mind was sharp as a tack and I would have expected him to live to 120.

Re post
Kevin Donovan, the chief investigative reporter at the Toronto Star, talks about the unique investigation, the family and why he believes the case will be solved
by Anne Kingston
Oct 30, 2019
Who killed Barry and Honey Sherman? A new book offers fascinating insights. - Macleans.ca
''A: Nobody knows who died first. It’s more likely Honey died first. None of her close friends remember her having a will. They looked for a will. I went to court to try to get their wills, which is an ongoing legal battle. The papers filed for Honey are filed for a person without a will—intestate. I’ve seen two papers for Barry—one says he has a will, another says he doesn’t. I find it very confusing. My understanding of the will that I have not yet seen is that it gives money equally to the four children. It sets up a trust for Honey that will provide for her and she would have control over should Barry predecease her. Barry used a basic pro-forma will, like you can buy at Staples. I would have thought there would be millions for charities—but there’s nothing like that.''

Thanks Dotr

You are correct on the wills. YES, Honey did meet with a lawyer to draw up a will but she met with a lawyer who had a 2 part process. 1 Meet&Greet/Client Intake. 2. What would you like in your will? 3. Draw up will afterward and schedule a follow-up appointment to sign docs. Honey & Barry were worth around 10-12 Billion. It's highly irregular to just draw up a will and sign it within 5 minutes.

<modsnip: Rumor/hearsay not allowed. Please read The Rules>

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Dotr

You are correct on the wills. YES, Honey did meet with a lawyer to draw up a will but she met with a lawyer who had a 2 part process. 1 Meet&Greet/Client Intake. 2. What would you like in your will? 3. Draw up will afterward and schedule a follow-up appointment to sign docs. Honey & Barry were worth around 10-12 Billion. It's highly irregular to just draw up a will and sign it within 5 minutes.

I have a mole in the TPS force and he swears that there will be an arrest before Dec 31st this year. He feels they have enough evidence to arrest now but they are looking for a bow to wrap the case up. Given that initially, TPS was going with murder-suicide theory it make it an easy case for the defense to defend.

“Given that initially, TPS was going with murder-suicide theory it make it an easy case for the defense to defend.“

Sure, and perhaps CBC will have received those incriminating tapes by now.

“Given that initially, TPS was going with murder-suicide theory it make it an easy case for the defense to defend.“

Sure, and perhaps CBC will have received those incriminating tapes by now.

Dear Misty Waters.

If I were defense counsel on this case that would be my starting point. You also have Barry's cousin Kerry who swears that Barry took out a hit on Honey years ago.

Dear Misty Waters.

If I were defense counsel on this case that would be my starting point. You also have Barry's cousin Kerry who swears that Barry took out a hit on Honey years ago.

Right, that ought be compelling evidence toward Not Guilty.....except for this admission “on camera” as well, as it might lead the jury to question the credibility of Barry’s cousin.

“Winter told Galianos on camera that he "embellished" part of the scheme. He also said he fabricated other parts of the story.”
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/barry-sherman-cousin-1.4514176

InspectorLoneRanger --welcome to WS. Based on your apparent insider knowledge, would you consider being vetted by WS as a "Verified Insider"? That way, you wouldn't have to provide links to support your claims.

I have no problem posting links. I'm happy to comply with any rules, and I'm certainly happy to become a verified insider.

I understand there is a large amount of misinformation out there.
Here's a link to the article which spells out what I mentioned earlier about an arrest.
Barry and Honey Sherman murder investigation has interviewed few witnesses in almost 2 years. Cops are focused on reviewing video and data to catch the killer

The article states that crowns has been consulted. The police are confident to lay charges now but the AG & crown attorneys want some more evidence and complete review of all the data before proceeding.

I've been told that that will happen prior to the end of this year. Apparently, KD has been told something similar because in his interview with Mulroney he states that he is very confident that this will be wrapped up in short order.

Here's the role of the crown in Laying of Charges.

There has been a natural evolution towards much closer police and Crown pre-charge collaboration over the past 20 to 30 years. As noted above, criminal procedure had become much more complex than it was in an earlier era. Police investigative procedures are now the subject of pre-trial motions to determine whether there has been a Charter violation, whether evidence will be admitted under the new “principled approach” and whether a statutory process, such as a wiretap authorization or search warrant, has been properly followed. The police have increasingly turned to Crown counsel for pre-charge legal advice in order to navigate these difficult waters… It is simply not feasible in the modern era to expect the police and Crown to work in entirely separate silos, as they once did.Footnote10

Cooperation and consultation between law enforcement agencies and the Crown are essential to the proper administration of justice, since investigators must gather evidence that is both admissible and relevant. Later, when deciding whether to prosecute, consultation becomes useful for assessing the sufficiency of the evidence and the public interest criteria. This cooperation is even more important in complex cases.

Accordingly, Crown counsel should be available for consultation during an investigation and before charges are laid. This will encourage investigators to ask for advice. In complex cases, Crown counsel may be required to work closely with the police to identify and collect cogent and relevant evidence. However, this does not mean that Crown counsel must take on the work of the investigators. At the end of an investigation, the role of Crown counsel is to give the investigators a fair and objective assessment of the quality of the evidence and the appropriateness of proceeding. In conducting this assessment, counsel must be vigilant and take care to avoid “tunnel vision”, meaning the loss of the ability to conduct an objective assessment of the case through contact with the investigators.Footnote12

3.2. Statutory involvement before charges are laid
In some instances, Crown counsel become involved in an investigation because of statutory requirements. These include:

• Obtaining wiretap authorizations pursuant to s. 186 of the Code;
  • Obtaining special search warrants and restraint orders pursuant to ss. 462.32 and 462.33 of the Code regarding suspected proceeds of crime;Footnote13
  • Obtaining restraint orders pursuant to s. 14 of the Controlled Drugs and Substances ActFootnote14 regarding suspected proceeds of crime;
  • Obtaining management orders pursuant to s. 490.81 of the Code, s. 14.1 of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, and in certain circumstances, s. 6 of the Seized Property Management Act;Footnote15
  • Obtaining orders for the disclosure of tax information pursuant to s. 462.48 of the Code;
  • Enforcing orders on behalf of foreign governments or the Government of Canada when property is found abroad, for the seizure, restraint or forfeiture of offence-related property or proceeds of crime pursuant to s. 9.3 of the Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters Act.Footnote16
In all these situations, Crown counsel may assist in preparing the necessary materials and making the application to court, where applicable.

Right, that ought be compelling evidence toward Not Guilty.....except for this admission “on camera” as well, as it might lead the jury to question the credibility of Barry’s cousin.

“Winter told Galianos on camera that he "embellished" part of the scheme. He also said he fabricated other parts of the story.”
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/barry-sherman-cousin-1.4514176

Dear Misty Waters

Respectfully, the defense will be looking for reasonable doubt. All it takes is 1 juror.
This isn't Matlock where some old sly slick attorney is going to trick the truth out of a witness or accused and the get an "I did it".

The prosecution tells a story then the defense tells a story.
The Jury will mull it over and then decide.

All I'm trying to say it there is no smoking gun. No confession. It's a circumstantial case.

Hmm. At 6:25 in that Mulroney video, Donovan says, “It is quite likely that this was an attempt to have a conversation that went horribly wrong.”

If this is the case there should be ample evidence and a clear electronic trail. No need to turn off your phone or use an unknown car if you’re just heading over to see someone you know for a discussion.

As the weeks and months tick by, I think this idea of a suspect ready for arrest becomes less and less likely. Contrary to some of the posts here, police can’t afford to take as long as they want. Witnesses forget. Phones get replaced. Evidence gets destroyed.

How strong a suspect can this be that police need until the end of the year to put a bow on their case? It’s been almost a year already since we were told about this mysterious theory of the case that they have. If you can’t arrest your suspect after this amount of time, how good a suspect is it? What exactly are police looking for to make this supposedly imminent arrest? Not to mention that the investigation doesn’t magically conclude when they make an arrest.

And why, if they have a theory of the case, did they ask everyone to contact their new tips email in December? Going down every rabbit hole around doesn’t help ensure an airtight trial especially when the defence already have a ready-made murder suicide theory to sow the seeds of reasonable doubt.

IMO none of this points to a strong suspect and coming arrest.

"Barry had a will from Staples leaving everything to his Kids. Before people attack me for this assertion. BOTH BARRY & HONEY were undertaking estate planning which would have left money to Charity as well as Honey's Sister Mary. They had discussed these plans openly with their children and others (maid). Talking about changing Barry's Will from his 4 kids to 4 kids + charities is what Kevin Donavan feels led to their demise. Donavan clearly pointed the finger at Barry's son Jonathon as the guy who ordered the hit and has written some pretty derogatory articles about him. I'm somewhat suprised that Jonathon hasn't #1 Ordered a hit on KD or #2 Left the Jurisdiction with his husband and Kids for a country that doesn't have an extradition treaty with Canada.

InspectorLoneRanger, lots of meaty stuff here, Thanks.

I am very very surprised that B&S had not had valid wills in place. With Barry's constant interactions with lawyers it would have made sense, especially since he learned at a young age that death (aunt and uncle) can come any time.

Having a hit on KD would not do anything, in terms of the case progressing. If KD was gone, the TPS still have their evidence.

I agree with you that charges will likely be laid this year.

"Barry had a will from Staples leaving everything to his Kids. Before people attack me for this assertion. BOTH BARRY & HONEY were undertaking estate planning which would have left money to Charity as well as Honey's Sister Mary. They had discussed these plans openly with their children and others (maid). Talking about changing Barry's Will from his 4 kids to 4 kids + charities is what Kevin Donavan feels led to their demise. Donavan clearly pointed the finger at Barry's son Jonathon as the guy who ordered the hit and has written some pretty derogatory articles about him. I'm somewhat suprised that Jonathon hasn't #1 Ordered a hit on KD or #2 Left the Jurisdiction with his husband and Kids for a country that doesn't have an extradition treaty with Canada.

InspectorLoneRanger, lots of meaty stuff here, Thanks.

I am very very surprised that B&S had not had valid wills in place. With Barry's constant interactions with lawyers it would have made sense, especially since he learned at a young age that death (aunt and uncle) can come any time.

Having a hit on KD would not do anything, in terms of the case progressing. If KD was gone, the TPS still have their evidence.

I agree with you that charges will likely be laid this year.

Dear Windsor.

Yes, it's surprising given that the Sherman's were worth in the 10-12 Billion range that they didn't fully embrace estate planning. Nonetheless, Barry's will is quite valid.
Barry was a bonafide genius in all fields. If you read KD's book you'll discern that Barry wrote/co-wrote/edited many of his legal briefs. Had he chosen to become a lawyer he would most likely be one of the best lawyers in Canada given his understanding of pretty much everything. He just picked up an inexpensive will kit and "Bob's your Uncle".

You'll also discover in the book that Barry was frugal. He would buy a cheap car and drive it until the wheels fell off. Honey also drove an older mid-priced Lexus SUV. She was famous for jumping in her SUV and driving her friends down South in the Winter for a golf trip. These were people that could go out and buy a jet stream and not think twice - yet they always took coach or drove. Barry buying a will kit fits into their frugal nature.

While both Barry & Honey were healthy, they had come to a point where they had discussed estate planning opening with friends and family. Honey had seen a lawyer to draw up a will (that was never signed). Barry had also talked about giving some of his enormous wealth to charity. It's clear from KD's book and his numerous newspaper articles that this is what KD believes led to their execution.

In his book he mentions "follow the money" or "segui i soldi". Again he's pointing directing at Jon Sherman. If true it's just another case were an ahole, sociopath, son kills his parents to get their inheritance sooner rather than later. IE Dellen Millard, Lyle and Erik Menendez, Jim Robertson. This is the first time I've been aware of that someone has knocked off parents who were billionaires after they gave their kid a couple hundred million. There's a bit of a curve-ball here as Jon was not Honey's biological son, although Barry's sperm was used. For whatever reason, that always bothered Jon and consequently, Honey and Jon's relationship grew strained as he grew older.

KD has been like a bulldog on this story. I actually think he should be up for the OC or Order of Ontario for Journalistic Integrity and Excellence. He has written some very truthful but embarrassing articles about Jon as well as pointed Police in Jon's direction rather than Cousin Kerry. Given that I think Jon's a sociopath I surprised that he hasn't taken a hit out on KD - That's what crazy people do.

To wrap up this long email I wanted to say that Kerry Winter is one of the nicest kindest people you could ever meet. The guy would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. There's been a history of addiction and self-medication as he lost both his parents when he was a young lad. Then he was adopted by non-related Jewish family who physically abused him.

Hmm. At 6:25 in that Mulroney video, Donovan says, “It is quite likely that this was an attempt to have a conversation that went horribly wrong.”

If this is the case there should be ample evidence and a clear electronic trail. No need to turn off your phone or use an unknown car if you’re just heading over to see someone you know for a discussion.

As the weeks and months tick by, I think this idea of a suspect ready for arrest becomes less and less likely. Contrary to some of the posts here, police can’t afford to take as long as they want. Witnesses forget. Phones get replaced. Evidence gets destroyed.

How strong a suspect can this be that police need until the end of the year to put a bow on their case? It’s been almost a year already since we were told about this mysterious theory of the case that they have. If you can’t arrest your suspect after this amount of time, how good a suspect is it? What exactly are police looking for to make this supposedly imminent arrest? Not to mention that the investigation doesn’t magically conclude when they make an arrest.

And why, if they have a theory of the case, did they ask everyone to contact their new tips email in December? Going down every rabbit hole around doesn’t help ensure an airtight trial especially when the defence already have a ready-made murder suicide theory to sow the seeds of reasonable doubt.

IMO none of this points to a strong suspect and coming arrest.

Dear ABro

Respectfully, the police and crown want to finish going through all the evidence before bringing charges. It's going to be a difficult case for both sides and will be the most expensive trial in Canadian Jurisprudence history.

There were 2 visitors from Israel (former Israeli army special forces guys) who visited Jon Sherman around the time his parents were killed. The police know who they are and want to talk to them. They've offered immunity as well as suggested the 10 million dollar reward. Here's the link.
Barry and Honey Sherman murder case: Police have working theory and ‘an idea of what happened’ | The Star

As an aside. When you grow up Jewish in Toronto you go to Jewish Camp with other Jewish kids. It's a wonderful experience and you make life-long friends with kids that hail from all over the world. Indeed, that's where Jon Sherman met his lifelong friend Adam Paulin. When everyone grows up some of these kids or contacts of these kids eventually make their way into the Israeli military. The Israeli army is one of the best (or the best) trained armies in the world. Everyone is like a US green beret. My friend became an officer in the special forces division. The training involved and the mental tests were grueling but in the end you become a "Jason Bourne".

The Sherman vs Toronto Star privacy case is coming up on 2020-03-26. It going to be in all the newspapers before and after. I am hazarding a guess that this will result is freeing the logjam and charges being filed given all the press about the case.

As for the unsealing of the file. I expect that the SCC will confirm what the Ontario Courts have confirmed.
In their “Reasons for Decision” this month, Justices David H. Doherty, Paul S. Rouleau and William C. Hourigan wrote that, though it is understandable that the Sherman family and those close to them would want to keep family and estate-related matters private and “to grieve in private outside of the public spotlight,” that threshold isn’t high enough in an open-court system: “Personal concerns cannot, without more, justify an order sealing material that would normally be available to the public under the open court principle.”

The decision went on to say that the primary justification for the sealing order was “the risk of physical harm to certain individuals,” yet there wasn’t enough evidence to support that claim. Only one paragraph of the 13-paragraph affidavit given to the court by the Sherman family’s lawyers addressed the potential risk to persons identified in the estate files, they wrote, and that paragraph “contained conclusory assertions rather than statements of fact.” They found “no evidence that could warrant a finding that disclosure of the content of the estate files posed a real risk to anyone’s personal safety.”

Dear Misty Waters

Not trying to convict anyone. I'm just reporting the facts.

While the files have been sealed it's clear that from the applications that Barry application was "Application for Certificate of Appointment of Estate Trustee with a Will (Individual Applicant) Form 74.07
While's Honey's Application for Certificate of Appointment of Estate Trustee without A
Estate Planning for Privacy – Field Law Blog

Just to be clear "Honey Sherman had a will she updated shortly before billionaire couple slain, confidant reveals" - YES Honey did meet with a lawyer to draw up a will but she met with a lawyer who had a 2 part process. 1 Meet&Greet/Client Intake. 2. What would you like in your will? 3. Draw up will afterwards and schedule a follow-up appointment to sign docs. Honey & Barry were worth around 10-12 Billion. It's highly irregular to just draw up a will and sign it within 5 minutes.

Barry just went to staples and got a will kit as he was #1 A genius. #2 Frugal. As Kevin Donavan points out in his book Barry never flew First Class his entire life. He always flew coach. He also drove an old beater until it died. Barry also had no plans on dying and was working out with a personal trainer to get into better health/slim down. He was also eating healthy. His mind was sharp as a tack and I would have expected him to live to 120.

blank

I’m behind in reading the posts, so I’m sorry if this is a re-post.

The Sherman Estate vs. Donovan.

“Ad IDEM/Canadian Media Lawyers Association, Postmedia Network Inc., CTV, a Division of Bell Media Inc., Global News, a division of Corus Television Limited Partnership, The Globe and Mail Inc. and Citytv, a division of Rogers Media Inc.”

^^I’m guessing the above are supporting KD’s defence?

and,:

“Motion for leave to intervene, (Book Form), Completed on: 2020-02-12

HIV & AIDS Legal Clinic Ontario, HIV Legal Network and Mental Health Legal Committee”

^^How are the above involved? And by the wording, they’re on the appellants’ side, not Donovan’s?

Supreme Court of Canada - SCC Case Information - Docket - 38695

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Am I reading this correctly, has the Sherman estate gone to the Supreme Court, and received permission to cross examine Kevin Donevan? It is my understanding, the Estate had a judge initially seal the estate documents. KD went to a higher court to unseal the estate documents, which are generally available to the public. The higher court ruled to unseal them, then the Estate went to the Supreme Court to keep them sealed.

What I cannot fathom is why the Estate would want to cross-examine KD? The Estate is not conducting the investigation into the murders, the TPS is. What possibly could KD tell the Estate that would be relevant to the Estate in handling the affairs of the Shermans?

I thought the Estate wanted the estate documents sealed to protect the heirs, do they think KD knows something?

They are going to quiz him on his sources.

Jon and Fred's Lawyers are the same lawyers as the Estates of Barry & Honey Sherman. (same address)
Please reference the lawyers for the estate and the Lawyers for Fred and Jon Sherman's Charitable (scam) foundation.
Supreme Court of Canada - SCC Case Information - Counsel - 38695
Fred and Jon Sherman & Family Foundation

The SCC has recently ruled on the protection of Confidential informers so I doubt that KD will be forced by the rule of law to reveal his sources.
We'll find out more when the briefs are available for perusal.

At any rate it would be extremely unusal for the court to allow the file to remain sealed. It no secret that Barry was a billionaire, and it's no secret that he had 4 kids. It's not like the estate file contains the secret formula for coke or kfc. (or maybe it does lol)

I do think that charges will happen around that time or shortly thereafter.

I note that KD is quoted as saying (RBBM) "...Jonathon said to his sisters...". KD doesn't state that the email that he is referring to was actually sent to his sisters.The exact quote from McLeans is "...I understand that after that—I don’t have emails but talked to people who did—Jonathon said to his sisters: “Our father may be showing signs of incompetence; maybe it’s time to do something.”
I think it is entirely possible that JS may have sent an email(s) to certain Apotex shareholders (for example, certain members of senior management, who we understand were/are shareholders of Apotex; and perhaps his sisters), but didn't communicate his message regarding BS' competency by email to his sisters. Instead, he spoke to them.
The emails that KD is referring to "...I don’t have emails but talked to people who did..." may in fact be emails that disclose that JS talked to his sisters. For example, perhaps BS became aware of these conversations between JS and his sisters, and emailed what he had heard to a close friend (or coworker perhaps). FWIW
Whether JS was actually directly a shareholder of Apotex hasn't been disclosed AFAIK. His interest may have been held indirectly, or as a beneficiary of a trust, etc. But judging from the reported exchanges between himself and his father, it seems he certainly considered himself to be an owner of the business.

JS was not a shareholder. In order for him to become a shareholder there would have been a deemed disposition. He was simply speaking metaphorically as one of the beneficiaries. The bottom line is he wanted the old man gone and the money sooner than later. Barry wanted to grow Apotex while Jon wanted it sold.

We won't find

“Ad IDEM/Canadian Media Lawyers Association, Postmedia Network Inc., CTV, a Division of Bell Media Inc., Global News, a division of Corus Television Limited Partnership, The Globe and Mail Inc. and Citytv, a division of Rogers Media Inc.”

and,:

HIV & AIDS Legal Clinic Ontario, HIV Legal Network and Mental Health Legal Committee”

^^How are the above involved? And by the wording, they’re on the appellants’ side, not Donovan’s?

We won't find out EXACTLY WHY they are involved until the trial or shortly afterward. Generally, they feel that a "rule of the sealing of the file" could impact them and therefore want to be involved as an interested party. It's a large fortune being spent on trying to block information we already know. Personally, I feel the Lower Ontario court already dealt with this issue. Essentially, it's just a waste of time, money, and the court's time.

and,:

by the way - Here's the contact info for all the parties. You can email them and ask questions about their briefs/motives.

Party: Estate of Bernard Sherman and the Trustees of the Estate
Counsel
Timothy G. Youdan
Chantelle Cseh
Elie Roth
Rui Gao

Address
Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP
155 Wellington Street West
Toronto, Ontario
M5V 3J7
Telephone: (416) 863-0900
FAX: (416) 863-0871
Email: tyoudan@dwpv.com

Agent
Marie-France Major

Address
Supreme Advocacy LLP
100- 340 Gilmour Street
Ottawa, Ontario
K2P 0R3
Telephone: (613) 695-8855 Ext: 102
FAX: (613) 695-8580
Email: mfmajor@supremeadvocacy.ca

Party: Estate of Honey Sherman and the Trustees of the Estate
Counsel
Timothy G. Youdan
Chantelle Cseh
Elie Roth
Rui Gao

Address
Toronto, Ontario
M5V 3J7

Agent
Marie-France Major

Address
Supreme Advocacy LLP
100- 340 Gilmour Street
Ottawa, Ontario
K2P 0R3

Party: Donovan, Kevin
Counsel
Iris Fischer
Skye A. Sepp

Address
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
199 Bay Street, Suite 4000
Commerce Court West
Toronto, Ontario
M5L 1A9
Telephone: (416) 863-2408
FAX: (416) 863-2653
Email: iris.fischer@blakes.com

Agent
Ricksen Tam

Address
340 Albert Street, Suite 1750
Constitution Square, Tower 3
Ottawa, Ontario
K1R 7Y6
Telephone: (613) 788-2226
FAX: (613) 788-2247
Email: Ricksen.Tam@blakes.com

Party: Attorney General of Ontario
Counsel
Peter Scrutton

Address
Attorney General of Ontario
Crown Law Office - Constitutional Branch
720 Bay Street, 4th Floor
Toronto, Ontario
M7A 2S9
Telephone: (416) 326-4582
FAX: (416) 326-4015
Email: peter.scrutton@ontario.ca

Agent
Karen Perron

Address
Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
1300-100 Queen Street
Ottawa, Ontario
K1P 1J9
Telephone: (613) 369-4795
FAX: (613) 230-8842
Email: kperron@blg.com

Party: Attorney General of British Columbia
Counsel
Jacqueline D. Hughes
Katherine Webber

Address
Attorney General of British Columbia
865 Hornby Street
Suite 1301
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6Z 2G3
Telephone: (604) 660-4602
FAX: (604) 660-6797
Email: jacqueline.hughes@gov.bc.ca

Agent
Gib van Ert

Address
Gib Van Ert Law
148 Third Avenue
Ottawa, Ontario
K1S 2K1
Telephone: (613) 408-4297
FAX: (613) 651-0304
Email: gib@gibvanertlaw.com

Party: Canadian Civil Liberties Association
Counsel
Ryder Gilliland
Agatha Wong

Address
DMG Advocates LLP
155 University Avenue
Suite 1230
Toronto, Ontario
M5H 3B7
Telephone: (416) 238-7537
FAX: (647) 689-3062
Email: rgilliland@dmgadvocates.com

Agent
D. Lynne Watt

Address
Gowling WLG (Canada) LLP
160 Elgin Street
Suite 2600
Ottawa, Ontario
K1P 1C3
Telephone: (613) 786-8695
FAX: (613) 788-3509
Email: lynne.watt@gowlingwlg.com

Party: Income Security Advocacy Centre
Counsel
Ewa Krajewska
Teagan Markin
Mannu Chowdhury

Address
Bay Adelaide Centre, East Tower
3400-22 Adelaide St. W.
Toronto, Ontario
M5H 4E3
Telephone: (416) 367-6244
FAX: (416) 367-6749
Email: ekrajewska@blg.com

Agent
Karen Perron

Address
1300-100 Queen Street
Ottawa, Ontario
K1P 1J9

Party: Ad IDEM/Canadian Media Lawyers Association, Postmedia Network Inc., CTV, a Division of Bell Media Inc., Global News, a division of Corus Television Limited Partnership, The Globe and Mail Inc. and Citytv, a division of Rogers Media Inc.
Counsel
Robert S. Anderson, Q.C.
Ludmila B. Herbst, Q.C.
Erica C. Miller

Address
Farris LLP
700 W Georgia St.
25th Floor
V7Y 1B3
Telephone: (604) 661-9372
FAX: (604) 661-9349
Email: randerson@farris.com

Agent
Jeffrey W. Beedell

Address
Gowling WLG (Canada) LLP
160 Elgin Street, Suite 2600
Ottawa, Ontario
K1P 1C3
Telephone: (613) 786-0171
FAX: (613) 788-3587
Email: jeff.beedell@gowlingwlg.com

Party: British Columbia Civil Liberties Association
Counsel
Adam Goldenberg
Kathryn Gullason

Address
McCarthy Tétrault LLP
Suite 5300, Toronto Dominion Bank Tower
Toronto, Ontario
M5K 1E6
Telephone: (416) 601-8357
FAX: (416) 868-0673
Email: agoldenberg@mccarthy.ca

Agent
Darius Bossé

Address
Juristes Power
130, rue Albert
bureau 1103
Ottawa, Ontario
K1P 5G4
Telephone: (613) 702-5566
FAX: (613) 702-5566
Email: DBosse@juristespower.ca

Party: HIV & AIDS Legal Clinic Ontario, HIV Legal Network and Mental Health Legal Committee
Counsel
Khalid Janmohamed
Ryan Peck

Address
HIV & AIDS Legal Clinic Ontario (HALCO)
1400-55 University Avenue
Toronto, Ontario
M5J 2H7
Telephone: (416) 340-7790 Ext: 4045
FAX: (416) 340-7248
Email: janmohak@lao.on.ca

Agent
Marie-France Major

Address
Supreme Advocacy LLP
100- 340 Gilmour Street
Ottawa, Ontario
K2P 0R3

and,:

by the way - Here's the contact info for all the parties. You can email them and ask questions about their briefs/motives.

Party: Estate of Bernard Sherman and the Trustees of the Estate
Counsel
Timothy G. Youdan
Chantelle Cseh
Elie Roth
Rui Gao

Address
Toronto, Ontario
M5V 3J7

Agent
Marie-France Major

Address
Supreme Advocacy LLP
100- 340 Gilmour Street
Ottawa, Ontario
K2P 0R3

Party: Estate of Honey Sherman and the Trustees of the Estate
Counsel
Timothy G. Youdan
Chantelle Cseh
Elie Roth
Rui Gao

Address
Toronto, Ontario
M5V 3J7

Agent
Marie-France Major

Address
Supreme Advocacy LLP
100- 340 Gilmour Street
Ottawa, Ontario
K2P 0R3

Party: Donovan, Kevin
Counsel
Iris Fischer
Skye A. Sepp

Address
199 Bay Street, Suite 4000
Commerce Court West
Toronto, Ontario
M5L 1A9
Telephone: (416) 863-2408
FAX: (416) 863-2653
Email: iris.fischer@blakes.com

Agent
Ricksen Tam

Address
340 Albert Street, Suite 1750
Constitution Square, Tower 3
Ottawa, Ontario
K1R 7Y6
Telephone: (613) 788-2226
FAX: (613) 788-2247
Email: Ricksen.Tam@blakes.com

Party: Attorney General of Ontario
Counsel
Peter Scrutton

Address
Attorney General of Ontario
Crown Law Office - Constitutional Branch
720 Bay Street, 4th Floor
Toronto, Ontario
M7A 2S9
Telephone: (416) 326-4582
FAX: (416) 326-4015
Email: peter.scrutton@ontario.ca

Agent
Karen Perron

Address
1300-100 Queen Street
Ottawa, Ontario
K1P 1J9

Party: Attorney General of British Columbia
Counsel
Jacqueline D. Hughes
Katherine Webber

Address
Attorney General of British Columbia
865 Hornby Street
Suite 1301
V6Z 2G3
Telephone: (604) 660-4602
FAX: (604) 660-6797
Email: jacqueline.hughes@gov.bc.ca

Agent
Gib van Ert

Address
Gib Van Ert Law
148 Third Avenue
Ottawa, Ontario
K1S 2K1
Telephone: (613) 408-4297
FAX: (613) 651-0304
Email: gib@gibvanertlaw.com

Party: Canadian Civil Liberties Association
Counsel
Ryder Gilliland
Agatha Wong

Address
DMG Advocates LLP
155 University Avenue
Suite 1230
Toronto, Ontario
M5H 3B7
Telephone: (416) 238-7537
FAX: (647) 689-3062
Email: rgilliland@dmgadvocates.com

Agent
D. Lynne Watt

Address
Gowling WLG (Canada) LLP
160 Elgin Street
Suite 2600
Ottawa, Ontario
K1P 1C3
Telephone: (613) 786-8695
FAX: (613) 788-3509
Email: lynne.watt@gowlingwlg.com

Party: Income Security Advocacy Centre
Counsel
Ewa Krajewska
Teagan Markin
Mannu Chowdhury

Address
Bay Adelaide Centre, East Tower
3400-22 Adelaide St. W.
Toronto, Ontario
M5H 4E3
Telephone: (416) 367-6244
FAX: (416) 367-6749
Email: ekrajewska@blg.com

Agent
Karen Perron

Address
1300-100 Queen Street
Ottawa, Ontario
K1P 1J9

Party: Ad IDEM/Canadian Media Lawyers Association, Postmedia Network Inc., CTV, a Division of Bell Media Inc., Global News, a division of Corus Television Limited Partnership, The Globe and Mail Inc. and Citytv, a division of Rogers Media Inc.
Counsel
Robert S. Anderson, Q.C.
Ludmila B. Herbst, Q.C.
Erica C. Miller

Address
Farris LLP
700 W Georgia St.
25th Floor
V7Y 1B3
Telephone: (604) 661-9372
FAX: (604) 661-9349
Email: randerson@farris.com

Agent
Jeffrey W. Beedell

Address
Gowling WLG (Canada) LLP
160 Elgin Street, Suite 2600
Ottawa, Ontario
K1P 1C3
Telephone: (613) 786-0171
FAX: (613) 788-3587
Email: jeff.beedell@gowlingwlg.com

Party: British Columbia Civil Liberties Association
Counsel
Adam Goldenberg
Kathryn Gullason

Address
McCarthy Tétrault LLP
Suite 5300, Toronto Dominion Bank Tower
Toronto, Ontario
M5K 1E6
Telephone: (416) 601-8357
FAX: (416) 868-0673
Email: agoldenberg@mccarthy.ca

Agent
Darius Bossé

Address
Juristes Power
130, rue Albert
bureau 1103
Ottawa, Ontario
K1P 5G4
Telephone: (613) 702-5566
FAX: (613) 702-5566
Email: DBosse@juristespower.ca

Party: HIV & AIDS Legal Clinic Ontario, HIV Legal Network and Mental Health Legal Committee
Counsel
Khalid Janmohamed
Ryan Peck

Address
HIV & AIDS Legal Clinic Ontario (HALCO)
1400-55 University Avenue
Toronto, Ontario
M5J 2H7
Telephone: (416) 340-7790 Ext: 4045
FAX: (416) 340-7248
Email: janmohak@lao.on.ca

Agent