Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the beginning, according to many many media reports up to this day, police reportedly believed this was a murder/suicide, for reasons unknown to us. Whatever evidence the scene provided must have indicated that. It seems that this is now backed up by some of what we have learned in recent reports released by the court to KD in regard to reasons for warrants issued. They seemed to believe there was one murder and one suicide. Homicide took the lead in the case it seems because they believed there was at least one homicide. Nobody said they weren't going to undertake an investigation.

If police had believed the couple were both murdered, I'm hoping and assuming they would be smart enough to be "looking for an outstanding suspect", rather than NOT looking for one. It seems there were no outstanding suspects, which pretty much everyone understands to mean that any suspect is already accounted for. And if they didn't know if it was M/S or M/M, then why placate neighbours when neighbours may have been at risk too.

According to the results of a post-mortem examination, both died as a result of "ligature neck compression." While homicide investigators have taken the lead in the case, it has not been classified as a homicide but, rather, a "suspicious death investigation."

Police said there was no threat to public safety. Brandon Price, a detective with the Toronto homicide squad, said investigators found no signs of "forced entry" into the house, and police were not "currently seeking or looking for an outstanding suspect."

On Tuesday, Toronto police confirmed to CBC News that they "have no evidence to change what we have said."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/barry-sherman-honey-sherman-homicide-deaths-1.4456170

My only point to sharing the earlier LE quote regarding the unrelated shooting was how the phrase “no suspect” doesn’t mean LE isn’t investigating the incident.

During the recent disclosure by TPS regarding “persons of interest” in the Sherman case, I noticed never was there any reference to “suspects”. Googling the term “suspect” and “Canada” it appears the reference to “Suspect” occurs once charges are laid.

My only point to sharing the earlier LE quote regarding the unrelated shooting was how the phrase “no suspect” doesn’t mean LE isn’t investigating the incident.

During the recent disclosure by TPS regarding “persons of interest” in the Sherman case, I noticed never was there any reference to “suspects”. Googling the term “suspect” and “Canada” it appears the reference to “Suspect” occurs once charges are laid.
I think we understood what they meant though, when they said no suspects were outstanding. And of course they are going to investigate. I don't think that was ever in question?

ADMIN NOTE:

If members state information as fact they must provide an approved link (MSM or LE, etc) to substantiate what they state, otherwise it is considered rumor. WS does not allow discussion of rumors.

If other members ask for a link and one is not provided, the original post and all responses will be removed.

I think we understood what they meant though, when they said no suspects were outstanding. And of course they are going to investigate. I don't think that was ever in question?

Yes, obviously I agree. Det. Brandon Price's public media video statement from the crime scene was clear. The police are not currently looking for a suspect, or a person of interest, or a robber, or a satanic cult, or a werewolf, or an alien. That's how I understood his statement, and of course that LE will continue to investigate. There comes a time when beating a dead horse needs to end. jmo

Unrelated to the Sherman case, but noting that hit-men flying in and out of the country to (allegedly) commit a murder, is not out of the realm of possibility....fwiw, speculation, imo.
Saudi Crown prince sent hit squad to Canada to kill former spy, lawsuit claims
August 6, 2020
''TORONTO -- The crown prince of Saudi Arabia sent a hit squad to Canada in an effort to hunt down and kill a former top intelligence official who knows too much, a civil suit filed Thursday in court in the United States asserts.

The 106-page unproven complaint, which reads like a spy thriller, accuses Mohammed bin Salman of orchestrating attempts to silence Saad Aljabri, a permanent resident of Canada''
A bit of a follow-up, fwiw.
Saudi crown prince seeks to halt lawsuit alleging he sent ‘Tiger Squad’ to Canada to kill former official
''Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who is facing allegations that he sent a “hit squad” to assassinate a former senior intelligence official now living in Canada, says he is immune from any legal action and that his accuser is attempting to divert attention from “massive theft.”

Lawyers for the crown prince filed a motion late Monday in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., seeking to dismiss a lawsuit filed this summer by Saad Aljabri, who resides in Toronto.''

Dec 11 2020
People had reason to ‘hurt’ Barry and Honey Sherman, son tells Toronto police in early days of the investigation
''In the days after they were found dead, Barry and Honey Sherman’s son Jonathon told police there were people who had a reason to “hurt” his parents, according to newly released police documents.

“Jonathon says that his parents were complicated people and that there are people out there who would have a grudge against them and would have a reason to hurt them,” according to police notes of a statement Jonathon Sherman gave to police on Dec. 23, 2017, the week after the Sherman bodies were discovered.

In this first of two statements Jonathon gave to police over a two-day period, he describes his father as “complicated, brilliant, lacking in emotional and social intelligence, unfiltered but genuine.” Jonathon describes his mother as “smart, abrasive, high energy, in your face and blunt, but not in an evil way.”

Who he suggests might have had reason to kill his parents remains under seal. His three siblings (and Sherman friends who are interviewed) also suggest “persons of interest” who might be responsible for the murders in their statements to police and the identity of those people also remains under seal.''

Dec 11 2020
People had reason to ‘hurt’ Barry and Honey Sherman, son tells Toronto police in early days of the investigation
''In the days after they were found dead, Barry and Honey Sherman’s son Jonathon told police there were people who had a reason to “hurt” his parents, according to newly released police documents.

“Jonathon says that his parents were complicated people and that there are people out there who would have a grudge against them and would have a reason to hurt them,” according to police notes of a statement Jonathon Sherman gave to police on Dec. 23, 2017, the week after the Sherman bodies were discovered.

In this first of two statements Jonathon gave to police over a two-day period, he describes his father as “complicated, brilliant, lacking in emotional and social intelligence, unfiltered but genuine.” Jonathon describes his mother as “smart, abrasive, high energy, in your face and blunt, but not in an evil way.”

Who he suggests might have had reason to kill his parents remains under seal. His three siblings (and Sherman friends who are interviewed) also suggest “persons of interest” who might be responsible for the murders in their statements to police and the identity of those people also remains under seal.''

The only really new thing that I got from this article is that police asked relatives if the Shermans usually removed their shoes when they came into the house. Leads me to assume they were found with no shoes on FWIW.

The only really new thing that I got from this article is that police asked relatives if the Shermans usually removed their shoes when they came into the house. Leads me to assume they were found with no shoes on FWIW.
Or that they were found with them ON, but TPS figured they would normally take them off?

ETA.. I remember it reported in the beginning that they had been found with their coats and boots on.

Re the boots/shoes on - I know here in Europe & maybe even in Canada people take their shoes off when they come into their house. I always forget - since I grew up in California - we keep our shoes on! LOL!

Re the boots/shoes on - I know here in Europe & maybe even in Canada people take their shoes off when they come into their house. I always forget - since I grew up in California - we keep our shoes on! LOL!

On a night like the night of the murders, when IIRC there was fresh snow on the ground, normally one would remove one's boots/shoes when/upon entering the house. Barry entered the house through the garage, so its possible his boots were dry. He may have removed them, he may not have, or he never had a chance to take them off, we don't know.

On a night like the night of the murders, when IIRC there was fresh snow on the ground, normally one would remove one's boots/shoes when/upon entering the house. Barry entered the house through the garage, so its possible his boots were dry. He may have removed them, he may not have, or he never had a chance to take them off, we don't know.
Considering that B's gloves and home inspection document were found right around the garage door, it 'seems like' he could've been attacked as soon as he exited from the garage. Especially if he had his boots and coat on still. And possibly same for H, coming in the side door, near where she parked her car, and near the powder room where her cellphone was found?

We also learn JS is definitely not the one person who refused to talk to police.
We also learn that sadly, daughter Alex and her husband have split up since the time of the murders. So sad to hear this. They had just had a new baby a month before, their second child.

Roughly a week after the Nov. 13, 2017, birth of the Sherman couple’s third grandchild, Honey told one of her confidants she had just that day “updated” her will at a lawyer’s office.
Honey Sherman ‘updated’ her will shortly before billionaire couple slain, confidant reveals - WWWHive

Working from handheld:
1) pointing the finger in all kinds of other directions is a bit sketchy to me... But maybe the police push it hard... And BS is pretty unique
2) describing your mom as " none evil". Yikes
3) TPD "won't talk to police". I took to mean present tense.

Google Jonathan Sherman " bad Columbo episode"

Working from handheld:
1) pointing the finger in all kinds of other directions is a bit sketchy to me... But maybe the police push it hard... And BS is pretty unique
2) describing your mom as " none evil". Yikes
3) TPD "won't talk to police". I took to mean present tense.

Google Jonathan Sherman " bad Columbo episode"
who is TPD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members