CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that’s right (as far as we know). KD wrote in his book that each belt was wrapped around the neck with the end of the belt fed through the buckle. The ends were then tied to the railing. (I don’t quite understand that part, they must have been thin belts.)

The way you describe it makes the most sense, especially if there’s just one killer.

I may be taking what KD has written the wrong way, but I get the impression they were deceased, maybe on the floor of the pool room for example, then moved into a sitting position. KD seems to make that distinction, imo. (Lividity markings, maybe?) I’m trying to find a quote from another article.
I remember HS sitting in a pool of her own blood, but with very little blood staining on her clothing. Can we say, she stopped bleeding, because she was dead before placing her in a sitting position?

It would be interesting if some of us locals in the GTA formed a group whereby we could visit the areas involved to look at some of the possibilities of this case.

The dead guy with his wrists bound at that. According to information that’s trickled out, the m/s theory seems as much “wishful thinking, and beyond fanciful” as the lawsuit was according to the Judge. IMO
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/winter-siblings-lawsuit-barry-sherman-1.4457330

Like I said above, I wasn't suggesting it was M/S. I was saying that this story of how BS killed HS in the kitchen and then tried to cover it up as a double suicide, could be what the killer imagined he was staging.

I wasn't saying that Barry killed Honey. I was saying that the killer tried to make it look like Barry killed Honey, and then Barry tried to cover it up as a double suicide. Elaborate, overthinking of the staging is what I'm saying.

Why would Barry coverup for the murderer of his wife by making it appear she died by suicide, then take his own life? I’m not getting it, especially as it’s been reported his wrists had been bound, that theory just didn’t fit. IMO

Like I said above, I wasn't suggesting it was M/S. I was saying that this story of how BS killed HS in the kitchen and then tried to cover it up as a double suicide, could be what the killer imagined he was staging.

What we know is the killer wasn’t successful at staging, regardless of how he thought the murder scene would appear. There’s no getting inside the mind of a killer, the thinking is never rational.

Why would Barry coverup for the murderer of his wife by making it appear she died by suicide, then take his own life? I’m not getting it, especially as it’s been reported his wrists had been bound, that theory just didn’t fit. IMO

Why does it have to make sense? I'm saying this is what the killer might have been trying to stage. Not what actually happened.

We have been presented with this story that doesn't make sense....

Great finds! No idea what he is holding in his hand.. can anyone hazard a guess? It seems like it could be something perhaps 'electronic'... or could it be some kind of photography equipment? Tripod? Selfie stick? Measuring tool? The other fellow is on his cellphone.

If you zoom in, the screen on that thing is kind of a rectangle, it doesn't look like a camera lens. Could it be some sort of scanner or rangefinder? I can't find anything similar online.

I think he's walking like that because he's amending his centre of gravity the way heavily pregnant women do. They lean backward when walking, described as a penguin waddle. He looks like he's in his mid to late 50s, perhaps a little older. He isn't a thin man and he may have a bit of a belly but he could have something fairly weighty under his coat at the front. What that would be, I have no idea. Doubt it's a weapon. Could be paper. Lots and lots of paper.
We have a neighbor who walks with his upper body on a backward angle, very similar to this gait. It has been referred to by the locals as waddling, this person has a short torso and a protruding stomach, and some have vocalized it looks like a waddling duck, (their own children say this) flipping the leg out (at the knee in the NW case) when they see the gait. I like a penguin waddle too, it is like the body is rigid and not flexible, that is a good NW observation.

First of all anything is possible, there is no release of info stating where she was killed, so it is possible she was killed in the kitchen. It is also possible she was killed in the living room or bedroom, we don't know!
Secondly, family connections know more than the public. Weather they were "in" with the family or not they still know more than people reading the news. I had a cousin who was murdered in a very high profile case 25 yrs ago. It was a mob hit. The police told the family some details that was never released to the public while they were trying to solve his case.
No one should be closed off to anything KW says because at this point we have no proof or evidence stating what he said is correct or incorrect. That is how good sleuthing works.
KW could make that assumption based on the questioning he has undergone by LE. We have not been interviewed, he has, so yes I think he can summarize and have opinions based on more information than we can.

Last edited:
What we know is the killer wasn’t successful at staging, regardless of how he thought the murder scene would appear. There’s no getting inside the mind of a killer, the thinking is never rational.
I look at it from the other angle, that the culprit was successful in the staging, no one can ascertain what the crime scene is to describe, was it all in the pool room, did anything take place in any other room of the house, or were those other items found on the floor planted red herrings- at least no one that has shared with the public and IMO, therefore, it is more difficult to assume this is a specific person. All these years later and we still are asking what the scene was telling, why were they located in the positions and area they were in. Was it all for staging, was it all done at the time of the murders, did they come back to readjust the bodies (after visiting other rooms in the house, not necessarily on another day), we do not know.

I look at it from the other angle, that the culprit was successful in the staging, no one can ascertain what the crime scene is to describe, was it all in the pool room, did anything take place in any other room of the house, or were those other items found on the floor planted red herrings- at least no one that has shared with the public and IMO, therefore, it is more difficult to assume this is a specific person. All these years later and we still are asking what the scene was telling, why were they located in the positions and area they were in. Was it all for staging, was it all done at the time of the murders, did they come back to readjust the bodies (after visiting other rooms in the house, not necessarily on another day), we do not know.
They were successful in that initially it was thought to be suicide, so the scene was compromised and investigation delayed.

They were successful in that initially it was thought to be suicide, so the scene was compromised and investigation delayed.
This would have affected how the critical first 48 hours would have been handled by them. This would have bought the killer some important time to get away with it. Didn't some critical neighborhood video camera footage get erased and/or over-recorded as a result because they went looking for it later?

Why does it have to make sense? I'm saying this is what the killer might have been trying to stage. Not what actually happened.

We have been presented with this story that doesn't make sense....
Random thoughts, imo.
Not something that i have considered until now, what if the murders of H and B Sherman was ''collateral damage'', the intended victim/s too difficult to target?
Maybe the perp was sending a powerful message for others who do understand the meaning behind the bizarre staging?

Wondering if the Shermans had any unusual calls/texts/pranks prior to the murders and thought nothing of it and never mentioned to anyone, or if they did and it has not been reported?

We don’t know the answers, how could we because LE hasn’t told us, but that doesn’t mean they don’t know. And what I meant was the culprit was ultimately unsuccessful in any staging because the deaths were deemed a double homicide. Just because of an anonymous TPS non-official leak early on doesn’t prove they were ever fooled - it may’ve been done intentionally as a fishing expedition looking out for possible suspects eager to further the m/s theory.

This would have affected how the critical first 48 hours would have been handled by them. This would have bought the killer some important time to get away with it. Didn't some critical neighborhood video camera footage get erased and/or over-recorded as a result because they went looking for it later?
Not only getting away geographically but also creating enough confusion and creating contradicting evidence that would be a defense lawyer's dream if the perp was ever arrested and tried for this crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pixie673