CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote deugirtni: "Another thing I find weird, perhaps someone can enlighten me. The cleaning lady and physical therapist person got to the home approx the same time on that Friday morning the bodies were discovered? The cleaning lady used her key, but said the alarm was off. Didn't both the cleaning lady and the therapist know/expect that both Shermans were at home? They were apparently scheduled for their usual exercise/whatever therapy, so why would they not be home, or be expected to be home? H's vehicle was parked in its normal spot, so even more evidence that they'd be, or at least she would be, at home."

Honey's vehicle was parked in the usual place at the side of the house. I believe it was Frank D'Angelo who stated after the murders, that Barry "always" parked his car at the front door. His statement denotes his feeling (imo) that it was very unusual, and therefore suspicious, for Barry to change his parking habit and park in the rear house garage entrance.

The snow fall that night didn't amount to much, and Honey felt comfortable that evening not resorting to garage parking. With the heated driveways, I would imagine that Barry would feel the same way, and the heated driveway didn't garner any forensic evidence of tire or footprint evidence. What hasn't been reported is if the cleaning lady, plant carer and therapist thought it was unusual that Barry's car wasn't parked at the front door on that day when he was expected to be home. Did F.D'A give an important clue that Barry may have been under some kind of coercion, or did Barry regularly park his old car in the garage and these people thought it wasn't unusual that his car wasn't parked out front? It is really important to know this one fact imo.

One scenario is that Barry was attacked once he entered the house from the garage and dropped his gloves and home appraisal papers. That seems logical and likely to me. A professional killer, or a random person with a vengeance wouldn't care about that evidence, they would just kill them and leave.

As noted by posters over the years, the experts state that this was a close up and very personal way to kill the Shermans, meaning that the killer knew the victims well, and had that level of rage and resentment toward them. Maybe very close friends could be talked into killing them, and that has happened in many cases. There is no evidence (and contrary evidence as I noted about BS dropping his gloves and papers) that the crime scene showed that Barry killed Honey or that the real killer(s) staged the scene to suggest a M/S. I don't think there was any staging. It was always a weak theory from the start.

‘Someone has killed my clients’: Newly released documents detail the day Barry and Honey Sherman were found dead, and what police did after

It makes sense to me that Barry usually parked his car in the garage. Being an older Mustang convertible, he would likely be conscious of the wear and tear that snow and inclement weather can place on a fabric top.

Regarding Frank's opinion that 'Barry always parked outside'. Was Frank talking about in summer, or in winter? maybe Barry parked outside in the summer only.

“The Turkish biotech tycoon charged with plotting the murder of a Vermont father shot dead in 2018 is a former magician who allegedly faked his own medical degree to dupe US healthcare executives, including Dr. Anthony Fauci.

Serhat Gumrukcu is the 39-year-old founder of Enochian Biosciences, which claims to be developing treatments for cancer, hepatitis and HIV. The company is listed on the NASDAQ with a valuation of of $137million, of which he is believed to own $98million.

Hindenburg Research recently described the company's work as being rooted in an 'entirely preclinical pipeline of claimed miracle cures'.”

“Davis was found shot dead in a snowy bank on the side of the road near his home the day after a mysterious man appeared at his home, posing as a US Marshal, and claiming he needed to question him.

Prosecutors say Gumrukcu hired the hitman, since identified as Jerry Banks, through two middle-men to kidnap and kill Davis to stop him from reporting him to the FBI.”

This is a new article published today. I apologise if this has been asked or discussed before but has anyone seen a link between this man and the company he Co-Founded Enochian Biosciences (which was founded in 2011 and has a headquarters in Los Angeles) and Barry Sherman/Apotex?

It makes sense to me that Barry usually parked his car in the garage. Being an older Mustang convertible, he would likely be conscious of the wear and tear that snow and inclement weather can place on a fabric top.

Regarding Frank's opinion that 'Barry always parked outside'. Was Frank talking about in summer, or in winter? maybe Barry parked outside in the summer only.
Never I heard, that BS drove some well-groomed cars, but he drove some car until it was scrap (4 in his whole life). So, I believe, he didn't think about weather and what would have protected his car better. To him, it was simply a commodity to be replaced, when it would fall apart, IMO. Money enough for replacing a car was always available, and caring for a car would have been too time-consuming in BS eyes, IMO.

Never I heard, that BS drove some well-groomed cars, but he drove some car until it was scrap (4 in his whole life). So, I believe, he didn't think about weather and what would have protected his car better. To him, it was simply a commodity to be replaced, when it would fall apart, IMO. Money enough for replacing a car was always available, and caring for a car would have been too time-consuming in BS eyes, IMO.
The fact that he drove a Mustang, and a convertible at that, must mean he was a bit of a car guy. So he hardly would have abused it by leaving it out in the snow in winter given a choice. And what's wrong with a billionaire driving a 20+ year old car if he likes it and it's not giving him any trouble?

I thought I read somewhere early on that BS parked his car underground and it was HS that parked outside. I don't know what laziness has to do with (per FDA) parking underground vs above ground since both parking spots had easy and quick access to their home. FWIW, I don't think FDA was as close to BS as he would like to believe. And what kind of comment is this, "He was too lazy to park in the garage?" I think FDA is a legend in his own mind.

The fact that he drove a Mustang, and a convertible at that, must mean he was a bit of a car guy. So he hardly would have abused it by leaving it out in the snow in winter given a choice. And what's wrong with a billionaire driving a 20+ year old car if he likes it and it's not giving him any trouble?
I don't think he was as much as a car guy as he was frugal and drove his cars in to the ground. Maybe he preferred to park underground so the car was warmer in the winter mornings when he gor in and cooler in the summers, had he left it outside. His mustang wasn't a 1964, 65 or 66.

I don't think he was as much as a car guy as he was frugal and drove his cars in to the ground. Maybe he preferred to park underground so the car was warmer in the winter mornings when he gor in and cooler in the summers, had he left it outside. His mustang wasn't a 1964, 65 or 66.
I think it's much simpler to park at/near the front door and walk straight into the main floor, as opposed to driving into the underground and having to walk up those stairs to the main floor. I think those stairs were part of the reason they were moving with the new design to include an elevator. imo.

I think it's much simpler to park at/near the front door and walk straight into the main floor, as opposed to driving into the underground and having to walk up those stairs to the main floor. I think those stairs were part of the reason they were moving with the new design to include an elevator. imo.
Agreed, but it was HS who had the knee problems, not BS. Maybe he did park his car outside the front door. Another, no one can say for sure. Or no normal perhaps

Regardless of either wanting to protect the car from the elements, or because barry wanted a warm car to drive in the winter, he had a good reason to park in the garage.
Secondly frugal wealthy people tend to maintain their assets, so they last.

Who best knew and was close to HS?
If that person is MS (presumably?) would she, or whomever was truly tight with Honey, be more likely to correctly identify the motive for the murders?
Who was BS' no bs BF?

imo, speculation.

Jan. 14, 2022
''The ITOs show that in her second interview with police, Honey Sherman’s sister, Mary Shechtman, suggested the person responsible for the murders was “making a statement” and that she believed the motive for the killings may have been motivated by religion.

"The Shermans were strong supporters of Israel and Honey was very vocal about being Jewish,” Shechtman said. “There were a lot of people of a certain ethnicity going through the house at a certain time and Honey would use phrases that were not politically correct."

''It was a regular catch-up, D’Angelo recalled, entirely unremarkable in its content.
“He was my best friend. He was my brother,” he said, visibly choked up at the thought of Sherman’s death. “And I f---ed him, because I couldn’t help him. I couldn’t be there, Mr. Tough Guy, when he needed me the most. It destroys me. I can’t even imagine what he felt.”

''But like everyone in the Shermans’ orbit, he had his theories, which he expressed Godfather-style. “I think somebody came to make Barry an offer he couldn’t refuse, and he refused,” D’Angelo said, suggesting that someone wanted Sherman’s cooperation, his money, or both, and that Sherman wouldn’t yield. And “Honey had to die because somebody felt she would get in the way of the scratch.”

''Believing the motive behind the 2018 double murder of billionaire couple Honey and Barry Sherman was rooted in “money,” friend and business associate Jack Kay is hopeful police will soon have an answer to this mystery.''

Is there any way that someone not working at Apotex would have known Honey and Barry’s schedule to a tee? Was their anything unusual about the timing of their return to home that evening, or was their return home at a typical time?

He typically worked 10-8. He seemed to have a predictable routine, imo.

‘Barry and Honey Sherman were beloved philanthropists. ... half-joking way about her husband's work schedule: seven days a week, 10 to eight.’

He left Apotex at 8:30 pm the last night.

HS had a busy but less structured schedule. I think the killer had to be monitoring her more closely, imo.

He typically worked 10-8. He seemed to have a predictable routine, imo.

‘Barry and Honey Sherman were beloved philanthropists. ... half-joking way about her husband's work schedule: seven days a week, 10 to eight.’

He left Apotex at 8:30 pm the last night.

HS had a busy but less structured schedule. I think the killer had to be monitoring her more closely, imo.
HS and BS weren't meeting often, I think, except for events or vacation. So their appointment with the architects/builders and returning home one after another was something, which wouldn't have happened constantly. Was that the deciding factor for the killer/s?
"Stuff, HS had to deal with" (and missed her Charity meeting), relocation of the dinner invitation (daughter A), meeting with the builders (HS pro new million dollar home, BS contra). As if it announced itself somehow ......
The killer/s didn't fear the estate agent, who could have shown up by day at any time. So the killer/s would have had only 1 night for all, he/they planned to do. Just a thought.

Last edited:
It had to be a very knowledgeable insider.
Although an insider would likely know the Sherman's schedules, a perfect stranger could also be very knowledgeable if in fact they were stalked/followed/surveilled prior to the murders.

Did LE learn that the Shermans were stalked because the ''new information'' suggested either B or HS had mentioned being followed, or maybe even received threatening calls or texts?
imo, speculation. rbbm.

''One year into the Barry and Honey Sherman murder investigation, a bombshell: Toronto Police believed it was possible the murderer or murderers were stalking the billionaire couple a month or more before they were killed, search warrant documents reveal.''

''While this was going on, one person police had previously interviewed came forward with new information. This is described starkly in one ITO as “new information,” but the pages the Star has obtained from court are completely redacted because police say to reveal that information will harm their case.

This “new information” appears to have led police to pursue the theory that someone — or some people — were watching Honey and Barry before the murders.''

Although an insider would likely know the Sherman's schedules, a perfect stranger could also be very knowledgeable if in fact they were stalked/followed/surveilled prior to the murders.

Did LE learn that the Shermans were stalked because the ''new information'' suggested either B or HS had mentioned being followed, or maybe even received threatening calls or texts?
imo, speculation. rbbm.

''One year into the Barry and Honey Sherman murder investigation, a bombshell: Toronto Police believed it was possible the murderer or murderers were stalking the billionaire couple a month or more before they were killed, search warrant documents reveal.''

''While this was going on, one person police had previously interviewed came forward with new information. This is described starkly in one ITO as “new information,” but the pages the Star has obtained from court are completely redacted because police say to reveal that information will harm their case.

This “new information” appears to have led police to pursue the theory that someone — or some people — were watching Honey and Barry before the murders.''

Fwiw, HS’s last trips—

November 5th to approximately November 13th she went to South Carolina with her best friends. ( From KD’s book.)

He also wrote she attended the Art Basel art show in Miami. It ran from December 7th-December 10th. KD didn’t say when she left, but she returned on December 9th…both killed on the 13th.

Fwiw, HS’s last trips—

November 5th to approximately November 13th she went to South Carolina with her best friends. ( From KD’s book.)

He also wrote she attended the Art Basel art show in Miami. It ran from December 7th-December 10th. KD didn’t say when she left, but she returned on December 9th…both killed on the 13th.
From November 13th (return from SC) and December 13th is ONE MONTH - and one month (at least) the home/HS+BS probably had been under surveillance by the perp or accomplices. That's interesting.
Does it also mean, the killer had to wait for HS' return first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli