Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking aloud here...

Could BS have set up the scene ahead of time - had the belts ready at the pool? Perhaps he tried to overpower her at the scene, but she resisted and got away momentarily. He then killed her in the "elsewhere" location and then brought her back to the pool and proceeded with the plan.

Just test-driving an idea here, not locked into this theory, still on the fence.

jmo

I've read several recent comments that the Sherman house had no security system. But on Monday, 18 December, I watched Toronto's CBC News at 6. A reporter on scene at 50 Old Colony Road said that when he was off-camera he had spoken with an ADT security tech who had just arrived. The reporter asked the tech what he was doing there. The tech replied that he was there to assist TPS accessing data on the security system. The reporter repeated this conversation live on camera.

I posted about this last Tuesday (I think it was) and another member also posted something similar a day later. Sorry, I don't know how to search previous posts.

One of the neighbours said the police had been collecting videos from the neighbourhood on the same day the ADT tech arrived on Old Colony Rd. Toronto Star, Monday Dec. 18

IMO

I doubt they left their side door unlocked. Where is the link for that. I have to laugh at some of the rumours.

It is mentioned in a news report further upthread. I was quite surprised too. But...I lived in a very expensive area in Marin County, and I was shocked at how many people in the neighborhood never locked their side/back doors.

(bbm)

he was still working long days according to his employee and family

A nihilist, emotionally cold and narcissistic, extremely driven to win, a workaholic who it appears devoted himself primarily to building his business success, minimal close social contacts, concerned about his legacy... who retired several years ago and was no longer active in the day to day business and at 75 was likely experiencing some age related decline...

I can certainly see someone with those personality traits finding aging intolerable. The physical and mental changes that come with aging, and seeing a future of further decline... it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he decided to go out on his own terms. If life is without meaning, other than his personal drive to succeed, which was now a part of his past, why carry on? Why deal with memory loss, ED, incontinence, declining hearing and vision, etc.?

He was thinking about death and his mortality twenty years ago. His unfinished memoir was all about himself and his work, with barely a couple of lines mentioning his family. What does a man like him do when his work is no longer there? Most people have religious and/or family and social ties, and are able to find life meaningful in any number of ways. It doesn't appear that he had any of that.

Exit stage left.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So he went and got something, rope, belt, to strangle her while they were still in winter outerwear?

Don’t people usually take their winter clothing off immediately when going into the house? Why did they not park in the garage? Did they go out and eat after the meeting?

When did they eat?

One article talked about a few years ago that a reporter went to the home. Barry was standing up eating breakfast. A house staff person was there.

Perhaps they did not have anyone to make meals? I know I would have someone to make yummy looking beautiful low calorie meals and clean up the mess.

Some people actually like to cook. I do not

Maybe her coat/jacket was zipped up and he grabbed it from the back pulling it up around her throat. If they were arguing when they came home I can see this happening. She stalks off, he grabs her jacket and pulls, it lodges around her throat and he keeps pulling until she stops resisting. Then again if the coat.jacket had a hood maybe it also had a cord as many jackets/coats do to tighten the hood around the head. He could have used that.

well I think they are more likely looking for something that was dropped down sewer grates, as opposed to being flushed inside the house
I still have no idea what that might be though ... and that also indicates the perp left on foot, dumping evidence as they passed the sewers ...

From my extensive viewing of crime dramas, the only thing I've ever really seen flushed down toilets is drugs. No clue how that could relate to this case, though, other than the obvious fact that Mr. Sherman was in the pharmaceutical business.

well I think they are more likely looking for something that was dropped down sewer grates, as opposed to being flushed inside the house
I still have no idea what that might be though ... and that also indicates the perp left on foot, dumping evidence as they passed the sewers ...

In the news article le that I posted, it said quite frequently put things down sewers they don’t want found.

https://www.reuters.com/article/can...emorial-after-mysterious-deaths-idUSL1N1OK2G2

TORONTO, Dec 21 (Reuters)
[...]
Barry Sherman, founder of generic pharmaceuticals company Apotex Inc, and his wife, Honey, were found by a real estate agent on Friday morning, hanging by belts around their necks from a railing beside a swimming pool in their home, a friend close to the family told Reuters.
[...]
There were no signs of forced entry to the Shermans’ home, according to police.
The friend was adamant that Barry Sherman could not have killed his wife.
“The side door of their house was always open,” said the person who asked not to be named. “Anyone could just walk in.”
[...]
^^^BBM

Thank you for posting this link.

Many, many people in TO leave a door unlocked. Its not rare nor unusual. The people in the poorer areas are more likely to lock the doors.
In the affluent areas, plenty of doors are unlocked as are very expensive vehicles.

Ah....ok. I was trying to figure out searching the sewers because it isn't something we usually hear about (but maybe it's routine?).

Thank you for posting this link.

Many, many people in TO leave a door unlocked. Its not rare nor unusual. The people in the poorer areas are more likely to lock the doors.
In the affluent areas, plenty of doors are unlocked as are very expensive vehicles.

Wow, that is very surprising.

who does - criminals
I realize that, hence my comment

In the news article le that I posted, it said quite frequently put things down sewers they don’t want found.

not sure if it is routine or not

Ah....ok. I was trying to figure out searching the sewers because it isn't something we usually hear about (but maybe it's routine?).

do you live in Canada

Nope. I live in the U.S. and keep my doors locked all the time, even when I'm in the house. And I live in an upper middle class area. I can't imagine billionaires around here not having tight security.

good points
helps me visualize this possibility
or someone could have done this to both of them

Maybe her coat/jacket was zipped up and he grabbed it from the back pulling it up around her throat. If they were arguing when they came home I can see this happening. She stalks off, he grabs her jacket and pulls, it lodges around her throat and he keeps pulling until she stops resisting. Then again if the coat.jacket had a hood maybe it also had a cord as many jackets/coats do to tighten the hood around the head. He could have used that.

I don't lock my screen door during the day, but always at night, maybe that is what is meant by it.

I mean that the front and back doors are always open and the screen doors unlocked during the day.

I think if you live in an area with low crime rates, you become lax
also, I think older people are more likely to be lax because they come from a different era when everyone left their doors unlocked

just guessing ...

Nope. I live in the U.S. and keep my doors locked all the time, even when I'm in the house. And I live in an upper middle class area. I can't imagine billionaires around here not having tight security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay