Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get from that it was left unlocked, I read that if you rang the bell they'd open the door (not a guard or screening).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

True.

But it's not necessarily a laughable rumor that they were lax with security.

jmo

No snow? What was the temp?

From the photos, it looks like there was some snow, but not piles and drifts.

FWIW, I find the boots detail questionable. I can't picture them wearing boots going to a meeting. They were arriving from work and home, driving in their cars, to a meeting in weather that wasn't a snowstorm. Maybe Honey would wear dress boots, but Barry? I don't seem them pulling on winter boots in this situation.

But...who knows.

jmo

No snow? What was the temp?

Many adults wear shoes in the snow.

My point is that I think the unnamed author of the frankmag story made up the detail about boots.

From the photos, it looks like there was some snow, but not piles and drifts.

FWIW, I find the boots detail questionable. I can't picture them wearing boots going to a meeting. They were arriving from work and home, driving in their cars, to a meeting in weather that wasn't a snowstorm. Maybe Honey would wear dress boots, but Barry? I don't seem them pulling on winter boots in this situation.

But...who knows.

jmo

There are winter boots that are still dressy. They don't have to necessarily be duck boots.

I don't get from that it was left unlocked, I read that if you rang the bell they'd open the door (not a guard or screening).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Honey had had a LOT of surgeries in the last few years. Its quite possible that the door was set up to open if the bell rang. She refers to no longer being in a wheel chair, using canes or walkers in her dance video. There were no doubt caregivers coming and going to help her through these periods. Its a very large house, if she was bed bound she wouldn't be able to open the door. Even in a wheelchair, it could take time.

I know, from first hand experience, that many companies will NOT allow a client to give a key to a PSW or even a nurse. Someone has to be there to open the door.

That gentleman, Rubin, is the fellow who also stated that the side door was always unlocked.

Some may not believe it or laugh, it was probably the biggest mistake of their lives. As the LE stated, no forced entry. IMO

When it gets cold, it is time for boots. Older people are not teenagers. They want to dress for comfort and not for show.

Lots of great boots out there that are highly attractive,

Well this person did seem to have info about where they had been that evening, so I'm guessing they wouldn't have made up the part about the boots. Doesn't seem to be too outlandish considering they had on jackets.

It doesn't really alter much in the general scheme of things.

When it gets cold, it is time for boots. Older people are not teenagers. They want to dress for comfort and not for show.

I hear ya. I grew up in a very cold climate and my mom wore boots in the winter....my father only if actually going into the snow (not for driving and not for meetings). I just find it hard to imagine BS wearing boots when the weather wasn't that bad. Sturdy shoes, I can imagine, but not boots.

Silly to debate, I suppose, since we can't really trust the source anyway! :)

We need some new news to talk about. :waiting:

jmo

The person named Rubin in this quote is a long-time friend:

Rubin also said that the Shermans' house "was not secure with guards and things like that," adding, "If you went and rang the bell, the door would open."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...spicious-deaths-of-billionaire-toronto-couple

Thank you very much for posting the link and the gentlemans' name. This is the same man who earlier had stated that the side door was always left unlocked. I believe he either lives next door or is a neighbour.

Boots today for adults are more of a fashion statement than a practical article of clothing. As an adult who sees snow half the year, I do not wear boots and hardly anyone I know [who is not making a fashion statement] wears boots. Well made leather shoes can easily withstand Canadian winters.

If you're tobogganing, definitely wear boots, but they're not needed for walking on crunchy snow. Furthermore, I don't see the Shermans needing boots when they are driving from home to office, or home to architect's office.

More importantly, I don't believe the entire contents of the frankmag nameless author story. It is the only non-MSM article that is linked here and which claims they were found in winter coats and boots. That is completely inconsistent with MSM articles.

Well this person did seem to have info about where they had been that evening, so I'm guessing they wouldn't have made up the part about the boots. Doesn't seem to be too outlandish considering they had on jackets.

It doesn't really alter much in the general scheme of things.

The frankmag claims they were wearing "winter coats", which is quite different from the jackets quoted in the MSM article. I think frankmag, a satire magazine, is embellishing.

Was the meeting with the architect for sure at an office, and not on-site for some reason? Maybe if they were walking around the demo site, they'd be wearing boots.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ponsible-in-deaths-of-billionaire-couple.html
[h=1]What happens if police can’t determine who’s responsible in deaths of billionaire couple?[/h]Police will sometimes have a plausible theory about whose hands someone died at, but not enough evidence to say concretely, former homicide detective David Perry says

“There are only two possibilities,” David Perry, a 28-year veteran of Toronto police’s homicide and sexual assault squads now working as a private investigator, told the Star. “These two people died at their own hands or somebody else’s.

“So that’s what they’re trying to figure out and, I would imagine, it’s quite a piece to put together to come up with an exact or definite determination. And there are cases where we can’t, you know?”

I hear ya. I grew up in a very cold climate and my mom wore boots in the winter....my father only if actually going into the snow (not for driving and not for meetings). I just find it hard to imagine BS wearing boots when the weather wasn't that bad. Sturdy shoes, I can imagine, but not boots.

Silly to debate, I suppose, since we can't really trust the source anyway! :)

We need some new news to talk about. :waiting:

jmo

BBM
Agreed! We need some credible news to talk about.

Was the meeting with the architect for sure at an office, and not on-site for some reason? Maybe if they were walking around the demo site, they'd be wearing boots.

Sure, but there's no reason for them to be at a demolition site in the dark with an architect.

I've read several recent comments that the Sherman house had no security system. But on Monday, 18 December, I watched Toronto's CBC News at 6. A reporter on scene at 50 Old Colony Road said that when he was off-camera he had spoken with an ADT security tech who had just arrived. The reporter asked the tech what he was doing there. The tech replied that he was there to assist TPS accessing data on the security system. The reporter repeated this conversation live on camera.

I posted about this last Tuesday (I think it was) and another member also posted something similar a day later. Sorry, I don't know how to search previous posts.

If they were all dressed for the cold in the house, how did Barry get the ligature to strangle?

How far did he have to bring Honey from the front door to the pool?

do you live in southwestern ontario ... most people wear practical boots in the winter here
I think about me & my husband - we both wore boots today
everyone I encountered at work wore boots today
practical ones - not fashionable ones

Boots today for adults are more of a fashion statement than a practical article of clothing. As an adult who sees snow half the year, I do not wear boots and hardly anyone I know [who is not making a fashion statement] wears boots. Well made leather shoes can easily withstand Canadian winters.

If you're tobogganing, definitely wear boots, but they're not needed for walking on crunchy snow. Furthermore, I don't see the Shermans needing boots when they are driving from home to office, or home to architect's office.

More importantly, I don't believe the entire contents of the frankmag nameless author story. It is the only non-MSM article that is linked here and which claims they were found in winter coats and boots. That is completely inconsistent with MSM articles.

yep, I remember that

I've read several recent comments that the Sherman house had no security system. But on Monday, 18 December, I watched Toronto's CBC News at 6. A reporter on scene at 50 Old Colony Road said that when he was off-camera he had spoken with an ADT security tech who had just arrived. The reporter asked the tech what he was doing there. The tech replied that he was there to assist TPS accessing data on the security system. The reporter repeated this conversation live on camera.

I posted about this last Tuesday (I think it was) and another member also posted something similar a day later. Sorry, I don't know how to search previous posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3