Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://nypost.com/2017/12/23/billionaire-couple-faced-financial-woes-before-suspicious-deaths/
attachment.php

It’s a bit of a stretch for the New York Post to claim they were facing financial woes there is no evidence of that.

Question: If one has 'heard' something but it has not hit any media stories, is it ok t post it on this website? Thank you.

The Post is a tabloid and I doubt the Shermans were having financial woes. BS had made many of the large donations through the companys' charity over the years. Maybe he's not in a position to do so anymore or had decided to cut back. IF they get their information from public records, it may be correct in amounts but that doesn't explain reasons. How much does one need to leave in a Family Foundation for it to be viable?? I do not know. This is just a guess but most of their personal finances are no doubt tied up in investments, hardly financial woes.
Gutter press at its best. IMO

The Post is a tabloid and I doubt the Shermans were having financial woes. BS had made many of the large donations through the companys' charity over the years. Maybe he's not in a position to do so anymore or had decided to cut back. IF they get their information from public records, it may be correct in amounts but that doesn't explain reasons. How much does one need to leave in a Family Foundation for it to be viable?? I do not know. This is just a guess but most of their personal finances are no doubt tied up in investments, hardly financial woes.
Gutter press at its best. IMO
Tabloid news can be posted, with a link

ok, sorry, cross-posted. realise now you didn't mean that article. :D

Wouldn't the other person/people at the meeting...the architect for one have something to say about their demeanor during the meeting. Has he/she been interviewed

As the last person known to have seen them both alive according to HS and BS's itinerary before they became dead, I'm guessing the architect was one of the first people interviewed by LE.

Question: If one has 'heard' something but it has not hit any media stories, is it ok t post it on this website? Thank you.

So curious, wonder if Mods will allow with an added, imo, speculation, ect?

http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/the-life-and-tumultuous-times-of-barry-and-honey-sherman
Honey’s parents miraculously survived the Holocaust, most of her relatives did not. She was born in an Austrian displaced persons camp in 1948 and came to Toronto with her parents shortly after.

But as with many families who survive a life-altering ordeal those horrors are seared into their collective soul — forever.
Unlike Honey, Barry Sherman was born into prosperity in Toronto — his father Herbert a successful zipper manufacturer. Sadly, his father died of a heart attack at just 46.

His devastated son was 10 years old. Losing his father was doubly difficult for the shy, introverted boy who battled lethargy until the day he died.

Into the chaos stepped his beloved uncle, Louis Winter, a biochemist who owned Empire Laboratories, a drug manufacturer. He became the future pharma tycoon’s surrogate father.

In Charles Dickens’ famed novel, Bleak House, an elusive fortune ruins everyone who touches it. And that was a bane that Barry Sherman faced until his final breath.

Louis Winter’s wife Beverly was diagnosed with leukemia but before she could pass from this realm, her husband died suddenly of a suspected aneurysm in November 1965.
In a 2008 Toronto Life article, it was revealed that Barry visited his aunt’s bedside and talked about what would become of her four young sons when she died.
What happened in the last hours of their lives at 50 Old Colony Rd. is anyone’s guess but it draws to a close a remarkable story of a remarkable couple, who gave so much

Which is often the case with siblings. I assume, from what BS was quoted as saying about his genetic material, that he was the bio. parent of all 4 children. But I thought there was also a resemblance between the second daughter (Alexandra) and her mother (whom I had the good fortune to meet a few times.) In any event, all the children appeared to be close and supportive to each other at the service.

Yes, they do appear close and at the service have vowed to do daily check-ins with each other. If sources are correct, apparently they have hired their own security, which is a smart move. Who knows what happened to HS and BS.

Which is the second daughter...in relation to where they stood at the Memorial Service. Yes, I was aware BS was the father of all them as I posted the original link :)

I am thinking this was an interrupted burglary. Perps entered through the side door, which Barry and Honey were in the habit of leaving unlocked. thus no forced entry. Like many interrupted burglaries, this escalated out of control. Perps may well have wanted any safe codes and safe locations. Choice of place and type of murder ? Perps were young, and utterly depraved. This is my opinion right now.

I doubt they left their side door unlocked. Where is the link for that. I have to laugh at some of the rumours.

It’s a bit of a stretch for the New York Post to claim they were facing financial woes there is no evidence of that.

The NY Post does go for sensational headlines and stories, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are inaccurate. (Unlike the Daily Mail, which usually inaccurate.)

My initial hunch in this case was impending financial ruin prompted BS to commit murder-suicide. I currently am on the fence about what happened, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was financial troubles or some professional downfall that BS didn't want to face.

I don't know what happened, but I'm keeping financial troubles on the table as a possible motive.

Opinion from atop the fence. :fence:

So they walk into the house wearing their winter clothing. Barry has been seething on his way home for some reason.

They keep on their winter outerwear. Barry takes the belt off of his pants and strangles Honey.

Barry takes a belt from?? and strangles Honey before she can take off her winter stuff.

He, at age 75 with a bad back hauls her down to the pool area to pretend it was a suicide. She who is 180 punds and he at age 75 with a bad back.

They do have an excercise room so perhaps he worked out a lot.

I'm not ready to believe the Frankmag site as a valid source of information - I'm not convinced they were wearing boots. That statement seems like a bit of embellishment.

Did you hear the friend speaking at the memorial about the Sherman's recent visit? She explained that BS stood there holding his luggage under one arm, HS's luggage under the other arm while holding 12 stacked boxes of doughnuts in his hands. She said she couldn't even see his face and that he stood there that way all the time she and HS discussed where the Sherman's would be staying. I have a bad back too but some days are better than others and sometimes I'm able to do a lot more than most who know me think I can do.

I have back issues ,too, and things can change in a second.

He was theoretically somehow dealing with 180 dead weight pounds. Adrenaline can do a lot. But still.

What is the route he would take from the front door to the pool? Stairs? How far?

The NY Post does go for sensational headlines and stories, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are inaccurate. (Unlike the Daily Mail, which usually inaccurate.)

My initial hunch in this case was impending financial ruin prompted BS to commit murder-suicide. I currently am on the fence about what happened, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was financial troubles or some professional downfall that BS didn't want to face.

I don't know what happened, but I'm keeping financial troubles on the table as a possible motive.

Opinion from atop the fence. :fence:

I respect your opinion. My guess is nearly all the money is tied up in family trusts to protect it from litigation. Even their property appears to have been bought via family trusts. How they could face financial ruin I don’t know.

The person named Rubin in this quote is a long-time friend:

Rubin also said that the Shermans' house "was not secure with guards and things like that," adding, "If you went and rang the bell, the door would open."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...spicious-deaths-of-billionaire-toronto-couple
I don't get from that it was left unlocked, I read that if you rang the bell they'd open the door (not a guard or screening).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm not ready to believe the Frankmag site as a valid source of information - I'm not convinced they were wearing boots. That statement seems like a bit of embellishment.

No snow? What was the temp?

I respect your opinion. My guess is nearly all the money is tied up in family trusts to protect it from litigation. Even their property appears to have been bought via family trusts. How they could face financial ruin I don’t know.

I think there could be potential ruin, financial or professional. Perhaps a public disgrace. It's the first thought I had with a man of this age and stature - he was about to face something humiliating that he didn't want to face.

Of course, this is speculation and thinking aloud - not based on any known fact. And only one theory among others.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members