Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wondered that too. To me the house looked "empty", not just staged. For instance I couldn't help but notice the quality of the bedding. I know they were frugal but the bedding looked like it came out of a rag bag. Even the bedding in the master bedroom looked cheap and the bed wasn't well made. You would think they would have made a better presentation for the real estate photos.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Yeah...I noticed the bedroom as well...not a very good job of "staging"...

In a house that big with only two people living in it, I imagine it would not be difficult to keep it clean and ready for showing.

These very rich people have everything done for them, cleaning probably twice a week, laundry, ironing, putting clothes away, prep stage of food for meals, or even a cook, they really don’t do anything around the house.

With the house looking so empty, the Sherman’s May have sold furniture they weren’t taking to the new house, and put the other furniture in storage figuring they would live in a temporary place until the new house was built.

Instead of downsizing at this time of their life, they were upsizing to a bigger home. I think LE and the PI will find some twists and turns as they dig into the business/Money dealings.

My opinion only.

I have wondered that too. To me the house looked "empty", not just staged. For instance I couldn't help but notice the quality of the bedding. I know they were frugal but the bedding looked like it came out of a rag bag. Even the bedding in the master bedroom looked cheap and the bed wasn't well made. You would think they would have made a better presentation for the real estate photos.

Speculation... but wondering if BS had been imposing his frugality (e.g., the beat up car he drove) on HS for years and she was done with it and wanted a newer updated home.

HMM Could there have been a squatter in there and they surprised him/them?

That would make sense why the staff may not have wondered where they are. They may have thought the cars were left while they were picked up by someone else.

If it is true they had an appt. with the architect (Villa Villa architect) where is it in relation to their home?

Why would they have gone to their home?

This changes everything IMO if the house was empty. That means noone would be going after them there! Who was in there and did this? Where did they get the belts?
Barry's clothes were left there?

HMM Could there have been a squatter in there and they surprised him/them?

A squatter living in the home when the photographer for the real estate firm arrived to take the photos? I'd think that'd be sort of obvious.

This changes everything IMO if the house was empty. That means noone would be going after them there! Who was in there and did this? Where did they get the belts?

If this was a double homicide, the suicide staging would appear to be very intentionally preplanned as opposed to a spur of the moment killing.

JMO

A squatter living in the home when the photographer for the real estate firm arrived to take the photos? I'd think that'd be sort of obvious.

Yes I'm sure the squatter will be there when the pics are taken. Geez. When were they taken? Could be before the squatter was there or they left when he came.

So do you think whoever said their door was left open all the time was lying?
The neighbor may have spoken from their experience, but unless they were monitoring the door 24/7 or going in and out at all hours of the day and night they really wouldn't know. We don't know how close (relationship) they are to the Shermans, how often they visited, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Side issue, but just wanted to comment on this previous quote. (Above [emoji651]️ ): " A real estate agent who’d gone to their home after not being able to reach them made the horrific discovery."

How horrible for the agent. I found my son's dead bird, and even though it's been over one year, every time I lift the covering to wake up our new bird, I fear he will be dead. Silly and irrational, but true.

I can't imagine ever feeling comfortable as a real estate agent again. I would fear going into any home alone, and I would feel the need to send any prospective buyer into each room, first. I`m sure tnis would seem very odd.

I know that my experience pales in comparison to the agent's experience, and of course, the agent's experience is nothing compared to the victims' experience, but still-- very disturbing.

Personally, I can't imagine these people, or that home, being shown at open house. I don't live in Toronto, so perhaps it's different there, however where I live, it seems the more successful agents don't do open houses at all, feeling it's a waste of time and fetches only tire kickers and nosy neighbours.. and that anyone truly interested in the home will make an appointment to view with their own agent, who they are presumably already signed up with on their own buyer representation agreement. A home like that would appeal to relatively few buyers, compared with many other homes, and in these days, when we have to think about safety and privacy and etc., I would think it would be all the more unlikely that homeowners would even want an open house to be held. jmo.
I worked for an agent in the U.S., and she said that open houses for average or modest homes were, truth be told, held so that newer agents could drum up business, not, primarily, to sell the home. We once had a home in the 550k range (bought two years earlier for only 350k, btw--too bad we had debts!), and the only open house was the "caravan" of other agents that many of you have discussed in previous posts. I've also heard many times that very high end home buyers are pre screened to avoid a variety of problems.

I worked for an agent in the U.S., and she said that open houses for average or modest homes were, truth be told, held so that newer agents could drum up business, not, primarily, to sell the home. We once had a home in the 550k range (bought two years earlier for only 350k, btw--too bad we had debts!), and the only open house was the "caravan" of other agents that many of you have discussed in previous posts. I've also heard many times that very high end home buyers are pre screened to avoid a variety of problems.
Wondering about the level of competition between realtors in very high end sales like the Sherman house, what about companies that design and build a super high end new house?
imo.

Some signs they hadn't moved out -

the personal trainer showed up there to train Honey
the realtor went there to look for them after not being able to make contact
the neighbour said they never locked the door and didn't mention they'd already moved out

Wondering about the level of competition between realtors in very high end sales like the Sherman house, what about companies that design and build a super high end new house?
imo.

Company that I am aware of in Md that builds high end homes the clients come to them direct or in some cases the builder bids on the project.

Some signs they hadn't moved out -

the personal trainer showed up there to train Honey
the realtor went there to look for them after not being able to make contact
the neighbour said they never locked the door and didn't mention they'd already moved out

Well so much for that. I can't believe they never locked the door. Maybe they had valuables locked in a safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klaborde2576