Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only two rooms in that house I like is the wine cellar and the master bedroom closet. I just don't like that style at all.......to cold and uninviting. But that's just my taste!
Lol wine cellar is fab. Much better than my 3 bottles of 19 crimes in the kitchen cabinet. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

That tree would have been bare (no leaves) this time of year. So the door would be more visible in the winter months.

I am not sure. Having a tree in front of it would hide that the door was open, but it would not hide that the door was unlocked.
I understood the door was usually unlocked, not open. No one, no matter what the season ,would leave their door open.

I understood the door was usually unlocked, not open. No one, no matter what the season ,would leave their door open.

It may be a language thing. Where I am from, an open door 'the side door was always open' means that the door was open, not 'the side door was never locked'.

It may be a language thing. Where I am from, an open door 'the side door was always open' means that the door was open, not 'the side door was never locked'.

Weird, I always assumed open = not locked. Just because who leaves a side door open anyway, no matter the season? What would be the point?

unlocked, not open

sorry, I see its been answered. lol

Maybe BS was forever forgetting his keys? easy access? lots of reasons.

I say BS because of the speculation that he needed 'guidance' in dressing, what to eat etc. Possibly a genius who forgets his keys.....

Whenever someone knocks on the door and I am expecting them, I yell "Come on in, it's open." Maybe that is an American thing?

I never bothered to lock doors during the day for years but a few years ago I came from another room to see a strange man looking thru a back window. He turned and headed to the direction of the back door and my heart jumped into my throat because hubby was out of town and I was alone. I raced to the back door and got there to see him standing inside the doorway. He was tall and husky but I flew at him and shoved his chest with all my strength and I managed to knock him back out the door which I slammed in his face and locked. Police showed up just minutes later as he had been trying to get into houses up the street in our rural area and neighbors saw him walking down our long drive.

He was mentally disabled and was searching for a young lady he had met online and she had told him she lived on our road. I no longer leave doors unlocked during daylight hours unless hubby is home. He refuses to lock them behind him so I figure he can handle the next intruder.

Weird, I always assumed open = not locked. Just because who leaves a side door open anyway, no matter the season? What would be the point?

You'd get wildlife walking in if the door was left open! Raccoons and such.

I think its time the TPS made a statement of some sort, any sort....or leaked something, eh?

With BS being investigated for that fundraiser for Trudeau, I find it interesting that Trudeau was the only politico at his memorial who didn't speak.

K. Wynne and J. Tory spoke but not the PM?? Such close friends?? Hmmmm

Wasn't Trudeau in town on the day this supposedly occurred? Read that somewhere as well. JMO

Wasn't Trudeau in town on the day this supposedly occurred? Read that somewhere as well. JMO

We should narrow down the list of suspects to everyone in the Toronto area.

As recently as this fall Anericans wanted cheaper Canadian drugs. It was voted down in Congress. I am confused about the differing statements re Canadian drugs as Americans think they are cheaper. A good example is given re the epipen.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox...edicine_from_canada_why_did_12_democrats.html
I order a drug from Canada that is not FDA approved for a medical condition I have; it's cheaper and easier than trying to jump through hoops to get it approved here:-(

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

We should narrow down the list of suspects to everyone in the Toronto area.

In all seriousness, the list is pretty long I'd imagine. We may not hear from TPS for a very long time if they have to interview them all.

I live in Ontario, Canada and never locked my doors nor car(s)/vehicles until the late 80's. Heck, I always left my car keys in the car.

One particular Saturday, I went to town to stock up on some Lay's jalapeno chips (they don't make them anymore :() to munch on for the upcoming NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs that evening. So, I arrived back to the lake and took my bags of chips into the house. I went back to the car for one last bag (the store clerk used to joke with me saying "we should see if we can get you a deal by the case".....as I bought up all they had on hand, not to eat all that evening, but for the remainder of the playoffs :D)

Anyhoo, I grabbed the last bag out of the car and was walking away, towards the house when something told me to take my car keys out of the car. I had never ever done so before. I listened to that little voice and grabbed the car keys.

That evening, I was down in the family room watching the game. I couldn't hear the helicopters flying overhead. Didn't know anything until the next day when I got a phone call from a friend that lived on the next lake past me. She wanted to know if everything was "ok". I had to question her about what was going on. She informed me that a convicted murderer had escaped from the Kingston Penitentiary.

I had a trailer stored for the winter behind my garage. That Sunday morning, I ventured out to take a look around. I had a Patagonia jacket I kept in the car and it was gone. My tube of blistex (was always right by the gear shift - 5 speed, was also gone). I walked around the property (a few acres) and noticed the door to the trailer was ajar. I opened the door to find a bunch of blankets all messed up on the bed and a saucer with cigarette butts and a bunch of empty beer bottles laying around. The garage had a fully stocked beer fridge.

I called my friend back and told her what I had found. She told me to contact the OPP.

Low and behold, that convicted murderer had spent the night in the trailer, drinking my booze, lol. I reported everything to the OPP and they came to my place and took finger prints etc.

Long story short, they eventually caught the guy and they recovered my jacket. I picked it up at the local police station but never wore it again.

Since then, I've kept everything locked the majority of the time. You never know what lurks around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro