Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yes, but I'm sure as a family of which they seem very close they can "read" their parents. If something was wrong they would help to fix it. I don't see any of that. In fact B&H were both moving forward in a big way.

Don't children come together, as in 'appear close', when there is a death of a parent? That says nothing about their relationships under normal circumstances. Also, adult children don't necessarily know that something is off between their parents, especially when they live in other cities or countries.

Where was their condo in Florida? Did they own it or rent?
I think it's hard to imagine a lifestyle where money is no object and you can hire the best to make many decisions for you.
With a good architect, builder and interior designer the major decisions are carried out for you. It's a fun project, when you have money. Like a kid in a candy shop (for Honey).

I'm starting to lean towards this being a double murder initiated by BS's business dealings. As soon as I discussed
this with my adult son and mentioned the schemes for generic drugs, his thoughts were immediately that he was
knocked off by a competitor in the Big Pharma world. I'm sure this is similar to the thinking of their adult children.
Sounds like it's a cut=throat world in that business.

It was in Miami and they owned it. According to a neighbour, it had recently been 'fixed up' (paraphrasing here) and that the Shermans were a nice couple, kept to themselves.

At this time, police are not looking for any suspects, and they are investigating the deaths as a murder/suicide. Police are not investigating this as a double homicide. We've know that from the beginning. We've also known that this fact has upset the family.

If someone is unhappy with how the police are doing their jobs, they take that up with the police, not the mayor.

Otto, with all due respect, there have been NO police updates so we really do not know what they've found/not found and if they've changed their working theory or not. I suspect they ARE looking for something/someone, as they are asking for video from a couple of blocks away now.
That was posted last evening. I think Tortoise is correct or not far off the mark, in his/her comments about HSs body having obvious signs of trauma that led them to think of murder. Who was murdered by whom, if it is true.....those are the big questions. It could be BS vs HS or maybe both were killed by one or two people who were laying in wait for them to return from the meeting. Or maybe they had a suicide pact but that seems most unlikely. JMO

I think you'll find that when people are politically connected, as this family is, you call friends in high places. Things just get done faster and better that way. Unfortunately, the general public isn't given that courtesy.

I am glad that they did a second autopsy and hired a PI. It may or may not be necessary but its a shame to spend the rest of ones life with huge doubts about your loved ones.

You can twist every scenario into a double murder though.

If there is no note or video, what evidence would convince you it was a murder-suicide?
I would want to see the strength of the evidence they had that Barry murdered Honey, and it wasn't someone else.

OT: Thanks. I’ll look into those suggestions...except for Mexico...a little too far from Oregon. :) I won’t even drive 20 minutes to Walmart for prescriptions. Fortunately my meds aren’t super expensive.

Don’t some Americans use Canadian mail order pharmacies to save money (technically illegal for us I think)? So why are generics so expensive for Canadians? Does that have anything to do with Barry Sherman? Curious.

Excellent question!! Google is your friend is all I will say, seeing as the man is deceased. 20% more than the rest of the developed world.

OT: Does anyone know how to start a thread on this?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/la-man-arrested-apos-swatting-175332211.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alleged-swatting-hoax-ends-death-223700818.html

This has got to be one of the most deplorable and disgusting things I have read. Both the one who called in the 911 call and the one who gave a fake address needs to be arrested for 1st degree murder.

JMO

There is one already:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-quot-swatting-quot-prank-Wichita-28-December

Excellent question!! Google is your friend is all I will say, seeing as the man is deceased. 20% more than the rest of the developed world.

Thanks for your tactful and compassionate response. It’s awful that your generics are so high, despite a health care system that is envied by many. Will google.

Otto, with all due respect, there have been NO police updates so we really do not know what they've found/not found and if they've changed their working theory or not. I suspect they ARE looking for something/someone, as they are asking for video from a couple of blocks away now.
That was posted last evening. I think Tortoise is correct or not far off the mark, in his/her comments about HSs body having obvious signs of trauma that led them to think of murder. Who was murdered by whom, if it is true.....those are the big questions. It could be BS vs HS or maybe both were killed by one or two people who were laying in wait for them to return from the meeting. Or maybe they had a suicide pact but that seems most unlikely. JMO

I think you'll find that when people are politically connected, as this family is, you call friends in high places. Things just get done faster and better that way. Unfortunately, the general public isn't given that courtesy.

I am glad that they did a second autopsy and hired a PI. It may or may not be necessary but its a shame to spend the rest of ones life with huge doubts about your loved ones.

We know that police are investigating this as a murder suicide. That information has been released. I don't understand the reason for rejecting what police have said and suggesting that things they have not said are more likely.

Police have said that the couple died of ligature strangulation. Sources close to the case have said that the wife died in another part of the house. Why would we reject this information, and instead believe something that has not been said: the wife's body was traumatized.

Police have said that there is no sign of an intruder in the house. Why would be believe that there must have been one or two intruders?

I'm having difficulties understanding why some police source information that points directly to murder suicide is rejected, other police source information is accepted, and why some information that police have not said is put forward as more likely that what police have said.

"But Perry said the fact that police are not looking for suspects suggests investigators believe whatever happened to the Shermans was isolated to the house, between the two of them, and no one else was involved.

He said that while investigators must keep their minds wide open, from what police have so far indicated, a double murder is one of the explanations that likely can be excluded."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/barry-sherman-honey-sherman-homicide-deaths-1.4456170

I would want to see the strength of the evidence they had that Barry murdered Honey, and it wasn't someone else.

I would want to hear police sources claim that there is evidence of an intruder, and that this is not a murder suicide. That information is completely missing. With a murder suicide, no more information needs to be released to the public. The murderer is dead, case closed.

I would want to hear police sources claim that there is evidence of an intruder, and that this is not a murder suicide. That information is completely missing. With a murder suicide, no more information needs to be released to the public. The murderer is dead, case closed.

But the case isn’t closed. You’re basing your opinion on news sources that spoke in the beginning of the investigation. If it were so cut and dry they wouldn’t still be investigating. It could very well be a case of murder-suicide, but it could also be a double homicide. I’m not sure why you are so convinced, but I have to say it comes across as disdain for the Sherman’s. Their family deserves a thorough investigation regardless of the outcome. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

This is so strange because a few years ago, the man who is super rich and now the Governor of Minnesota Mark Dayton brought seniors by the busload to get medications because they were cheaper in Canada.

Also, these was the big debate about getting drugs from Canada in Congress but it was stoppr because Cory Booker among others said that Canadian drugs may not be safe.

The idea was presented because drugs from Canada were thought to be cheaper than the US

In the article it says Canada's 2nd tallest building I think and it's called "the One". That's the building in my Youtube link. Has it be verified that the Sherman's did own this building? If so...... hmmm

Found the globe and mail article posted online and open to read here>>http://c3.vaughan.ca/news/2017/10-October/clip10-4-12.html
From this article "Plus, Mr. Mizrahi, who has partnered with the family firm behind Coco Paving from the beginning, has another set of new lenders: A second mortgage, worth $61.5-million with a 13-per-cent annual interest rate, from a newly registered company called One Bloor Lender GP Inc. The company is a partnership between Toronto's established Westdale Construction Co. Ltd., which was an investor in the One Bloor East tower across the road, and a company controlled by Toronto billionaire Barry Sherman, founder of generic-drug giant Apotex Inc."
I think Mr. Sherman was the owner of One Bloor Lender GP Inc. who was the 2nd mortgage lender to the One project/condo. JMO

A second mortgage, worth $61.5-million with a 13-per-cent annual interest rate, from a newly registered company called One Bloor Lender GP Inc.

Interest rate of 13% sounds like a very high risk mortgage rate. Just googled Mizrahi and

"Among other things, various Tier 1 financial institutions and other capital/equity lenders have advised Mr. Mizrahi that they are not in a position to advance financing or to invest in any projects or developments owned and operated by Mr. Mizrahi as a result of the vicious allegations made by the Khavaris...."

Looks like there is more to be known about this financial deal.

Found the globe and mail article posted online and open to read here>>http://c3.vaughan.ca/news/2017/10-October/clip10-4-12.html
From this article "Plus, Mr. Mizrahi, who has partnered with the family firm behind Coco Paving from the beginning, has another set of new lenders: A second mortgage, worth $61.5-million with a 13-per-cent annual interest rate, from a newly registered company called One Bloor Lender GP Inc. The company is a partnership between Toronto's established Westdale Construction Co. Ltd., which was an investor in the One Bloor East tower across the road, and a company controlled by Toronto billionaire Barry Sherman, founder of generic-drug giant Apotex Inc."
I think Mr. Sherman was the owner of One Bloor Lender GP Inc. who was the 2nd mortgage lender to the One project/condo. JMO

Apotex and Westdale were partners in One Bloor Lender, so Sherman likely controlled one half.

Interest rate of 13% sounds like a very high risk mortgage rate. Just googled Mizrahi and

"Among other things, various Tier 1 financial institutions and other capital/equity lenders have advised Mr. Mizrahi that they are not in a position to advance financing or to invest in any projects or developments owned and operated by Mr. Mizrahi as a result of the vicious allegations made by the Khavaris...."

Looks like there is more to be known about this financial deal.

13 per cent on a second commercial mortgage is fairly standard, but as with any loan the interest rate corresponds to the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member