Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found the globe and mail article posted online and open to read here>>http://c3.vaughan.ca/news/2017/10-October/clip10-4-12.html
From this article "Plus, Mr. Mizrahi, who has partnered with the family firm behind Coco Paving from the beginning, has another set of new lenders: A second mortgage, worth $61.5-million with a 13-per-cent annual interest rate, from a newly registered company called One Bloor Lender GP Inc. The company is a partnership between Toronto's established Westdale Construction Co. Ltd., which was an investor in the One Bloor East tower across the road, and a company controlled by Toronto billionaire Barry Sherman, founder of generic-drug giant Apotex Inc."
I think Mr. Sherman was the owner of One Bloor Lender GP Inc. who was the 2nd mortgage lender to the One project/condo. JMO

Thank you! I couldn't read the entire article. I do remember reading about the 1 Bloor condo and Apotex since the death of the Shermans.

I hope we hear something after the 1st. Their children know them better than anybody and if they say it's not suicide/murder, I believe it. I'm glad they hired a PI.

I posted about this shortly after the bodies were found and think it would be useful to re-post about it now. Here is the key part of the children's initial public statement: "Our parents shared an enthusiasm for life and commitment to their family and community totally inconsistent with the rumors regrettably circulated in the media as to the circumstances surrounding their deaths."

As I said in my initial post, what struck me what was not in that statement -- no mention of their parents love for each other. That omission was glaring to me and made me think that the children did not believe that all was well in the marriage.

Three most important things in Real Estate are Location, Location and Location.

Especially in the Greater Toronto area, where municipalities have tight control over where and what homes are built, and under pressure from the Provincial Government to control urban sprawl.

Even though Canada extends thousands of miles north of the southern border, 80% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the US border.

But the case isn’t closed. You’re basing your opinion on news sources that spoke in the beginning of the investigation. If it were so cut and dry they wouldn’t still be investigating. It could very well be a case of murder-suicide, but it could also be a double homicide. I’m not sure why you are so convinced, but I have to say it comes across as disdain for the Sherman’s. Their family deserves a thorough investigation regardless of the outcome. MOO
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I am basing my opinion on all the information that has been released, especially on the unchanged initial statement that police are looking at this as a murder suicide. Until such time that police change their position from murder suicide to something else, I don't think there should be any expectation that more information will be released.

Please don't interpret my trust in the media as "disdain for the Shermans". That makes no sense whatsoever.

Thank you! I couldn't read the entire article. I do remember reading about the 1 Bloor condo and Apotex since the death of the Shermans.

Isn't One Bloor St the condo where they sold them, then gave the people their deposits back cause they figured they could make a lot more money? They re-marketed them at a much higher price and they sold out again but at a much higher profit? And that was Sherman??

I am basing my opinion on all the information that has been released, especially on the unchanged initial statement that police are looking at this as a murder suicide. Until such time that police change their position from murder suicide to something else, I don't think there should be any expectation that more information will be released.

Please don't interpret my trust in the media as "disdain for the Shermans". That makes no sense whatsoever.

Sources are not a direct quote from a police spokesperson. Until I see a formal statement from the police everything else is speculation. Having been trained as a journalist, I rely on provable facts. That’s just me.

Isn't One Bloor St the condo where they sold them, then gave the people their deposits back cause they figured they could make a lot more money? They re-marketed them at a much higher price and they sold out again but at a much higher profit? And that was Sherman??

Apotex was part of the second lender. They would have no involvement in that.

SORRY for jumping in....

Wasn't there a post in this thread about the protest in front of Sherman's home back in 1985???

:thinking:

Why can't I find it??? IMHO it may very well be relevant. :cow:

http://thestarphoenix.com/entertainment/jewish-group-protest-trudeau-fundraiser

http://nationalpost.com/news/politi...p-over-liberals-support-for-iran-nuclear-deal

Jump ahead to 2017...

Barry Sherman was under investigation for breaking lobbying rules
December 19, 2017

Snipped...
Only days before he died, Toronto billionaire Barry Sherman was attempting to quash an investigation into a political fundraiser he held for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau that allegedly ran afoul of lobbying rules.

...In addition to the August 2015 pre-election fundraiser, the lobbying commissioner probed a second fundraiser, co-organized by Sherman in November 2016.
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...nvestigation-for-breaking-lobbying-rules.html

But it does. Are you not the person who posted about the children being 'out of order' (paraphrasing here) 'crying' etc because they weren't happy with the police? That is disdain for the family. Their objection, as I understand it, is that they were not notified of the deaths.....they found out via the media.

I share that upset, as I was not notified of my fathers death, years ago. I heard from one of his neighbours, after the police had left his home!!
So much for police notifying 'next of kin'. I was my fathers next of kin and they never called me. BUT, I did call them.....let me tell you.

Barry and Honey Sherman found dead in home
https://www.cp24.com/news/pharma-gi...-barry-and-honey-sherman-found-dead-1.3723714

“Speaking to reporters in front of the home, Const. David Hopkinson said the victims’ deaths are being treated as suspicious at this time.
“The circumstances of their deaths appear suspicious and we are treating it that way,” he said. “Our investigators are inside (the home) investigating and taking apart the scene.”
“Until we know exactly how they died we treat it as suspicious and once a determination has been made with the pathologist and the coroner then we move forward from there.”
Officers added that the homicide unit is assisting in the investigation but are not leading it.”

This is a formal statement.

Sources are not a direct quote from a police spokesperson. Until I see a formal statement from the police everything else is speculation. Having been trained as a journalist, I rely on provable facts. That’s just me.

Police sources are good enough for me, but I understand that some people prefer to exclude all information from police sources. I totally understand that some people prefer to limit their understanding of these deaths to 'they died by ligature strangulation'. I understand that beyond this single fact, some people prefer to speculate that they were found sitting at the kitchen table.

Please respect my choice to believe that they were hanging by belts next to the indoor pool in a semi-seated position, that the wife was killed elsewhere and staged next to the pool, that there is no sign of an intruder, that police are looking at this as a murder suicide, that Barry Sherman sent an email at 8:30PM, and everything else that has been published in MSM and attributed to police sources.

But it does. Are you not the person who posted about the children being 'out of order' (paraphrasing here) 'crying' etc because they weren't happy with the police? That is disdain for the family. Their objection, as I understand it, is that they were not notified of the deaths.....they found out via the media.

I share that upset, as I was not notified of my fathers death, years ago. I heard from one of his neighbours, after the police had left his home!!
So much for police notifying 'next of kin'. I was my fathers next of kin and they never called me. BUT, I did call them.....let me tell you.

I don't agree with the family contacting the Mayor to influence police. I don't think these adult children should be given any special privilege on the basis that their father was a successful businessman.

Police sources are good enough for me, but I understand that some people prefer to exclude all information from police sources. I totally understand that some people prefer to limit their understanding of these deaths to 'they died by ligature strangulation'. I understand that beyond this single fact, some people prefer to speculate that they were found sitting at the kitchen table.

Please respect my choice to believe that they were hanging by belts next to the indoor pool in a semi-seated position, that the wife was killed elsewhere and staged next to the pool, that there is no sign of an intruder, that police are looking at this as a murder suicide, that Barry Sherman sent an email at 8:30PM, and everything else that has been published in MSM and attributed to police sources.

I respect your choice. What I don’t like is how you keep stating your opinion as fact. A “police source” could be an officers brother for all we know. Unless a source is named and backed up it’s not fact, which is why they aren’t quoted or named.

https://www.cp24.com/news/pharma-gi...-barry-and-honey-sherman-found-dead-1.3723714

“Speaking to reporters in front of the home, Const. David Hopkinson said the victims’ deaths are being treated as suspicious at this time.
“The circumstances of their deaths appear suspicious and we are treating it that way,” he said. “Our investigators are inside (the home) investigating and taking apart the scene.”
“Until we know exactly how they died we treat it as suspicious and once a determination has been made with the pathologist and the coroner then we move forward from there.”
Officers added that the homicide unit is assisting in the investigation but are not leading it.”

We know that the deaths have always been treated as suspicious, and that they were being looked at as murder suicide. Suspicious does not contradict murder suicide. It's suspicious that the wife seems to have been killed in another part of the house, dragged to the pool area, and hung by a belt from a railing. Who did that and why? There's no sign of an intruder, and the only other person in the house is hanging next to the body that is staged.

<modsnip>

&#8220;Speaking to reporters in front of the home, Const. David Hopkinson said the victims&#8217; deaths are being treated as suspicious at this time.
&#8220;The circumstances of their deaths appear suspicious and we are treating it that way,&#8221; he said. &#8220;Our investigators are inside (the home) investigating and taking apart the scene.&#8221;
&#8220;Until we know exactly how they died we treat it as suspicious and once a determination has been made with the pathologist and the coroner then we move forward from there.&#8221;
Officers added that the homicide unit is assisting in the investigation but are not leading it.&#8221;

THANKS you!!

Published Friday, December 15, 2017 3:45PM EST
Last Updated Friday, December 15, 2017 10:47PM EST

We know that the deaths have always been treated as suspicious, and that they were being looked at as murder suicide. Suspicious does not contradict murder suicide. It's suspicious that the wife seems to have been killed in another part of the house, dragged to the pool area, and hung by a belt from a railing. Who did that and why? There's no sign of an intruder, and the only other person in the house is hanging next to the body that is staged.

<modsnip>

You&#8217;re missing the point. Until the police release a formal statement such as the one quoted that they have concluded their investigation and have found it was .... it is not fact. It is speculation. I agree to disagree.

What is the point in continuing to say the same thing over and over?

Just state murder suicide is your opinion and not treat it as official fact. It's not hard.

What I don&#8217;t understand is if the police are openminded re murder or murder|/ suicide, until it&#8217;s known for sure, shouldn&#8217;t they be operating a high profile in your face murder case, begging the media for help, keeping it in the public eye, They can&#8217;t afford to stuff this one up, yet all we have is silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noizewarr