Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/pharmac...der-of-canada-two-weeks-after-death-1.3740503
December 30, 2017 9:04PM
The Shermans purchased their house on Old Colony Road in 1985. The 12,000-square-foot, $6.9 million home boasted a tennis court, underground parking, hot tubs, and both outdoor and interior pools.

The latter would serve as the setting for a grim discovery: the bodies of the high-powered couple were reportedly discovered hanging from a railing at the edge of their indoor basement pool on December 15.

An autopsy performed in the days following the discovery determined the pair had both died as a result of strangulation – more specifically, ligature neck compression.

The results of toxicology testing have not yet been released, police said.

Police sources said the initial working theory for the case was a murder-suicide. Two days after the discovery of the bodies, the investigation was handing to the Toronto police homicide squad.

However, to this day, police have not declared either death a homicide, but are continuing to treat the deaths as “suspicious.”

This means that all theories will be considered, police explained, including murder-suicide, double suicide, or possibly, double homicide.

Shortly before their deaths, the Shermans put their property on the market. As reported by the Toronto Star, together the couple was planning to construct a new house on a 25,000-square-foot lot.

At a memorial held on December 21, Jonathon Sherman, surrounded by his sisters Lauren, Alexandra and Kaelen, paid tearful tribute to his parents, praising their generosity, their competence, their support and their devotion to their Jewish heritage.

I guess what I was getting at is that whoever did it targeted Honey not just Barry. Who would that be? It could be Barry in a fit or rage or depressed funk. It could be someone who wants to punish Barry by killing his wife and then killing him. I don't think it is someone who just needs Barry out of the picture for some reason related to his business or otherwise. If that were the case, it would have been much easier to wait for Honey to be gone to Florida.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

I don't know. Could be the cousins?

It is beautiful but has those old heaters. It's on a very narrow lot, not much privacy.

What a shame to demolish such an beautiful home. I am surprised how they can fit such a large home with indoor pool on the side on such a small lot.

What a shame to demolish such an beautiful home. I am surprised how they can fit such a large home with indoor pool on the side on such a small lot.

I hate to see neighbourhoods with gracious old houses and then a huge modern one stuck in the middle of them. They look so out of place and kind of tacky.

I hate to see neighbourhoods with gracious old houses and then a huge modern one stuck in the middle of them. They look so out of place and kind of tacky.

I completely agree!!! I am surprised the neighbours haven't complained.

Mr. Sherman had also recently made an investment in Canada's tallest planned condo tower, the One Bloor West at Yonge and Bloor Streets in downtown Toronto, with one of his companies identified as part of a partnership that is lending money to the project.

From the Globe and Mail, December 15th 2017

http://archive.fo/M1A8q#selection-7757.0-7757.256

Credit goes to Peace777 for finding this article. Gonna raise some eyebrows I think.

Note the basement meetings in Bridle Path.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...ve-and-the-bitter-condo-feud/article30833853/

Wow.

It would be naive to disregard the vast number of financial transactions and the litigious nature of Barry Sherman when considering The Sherman's deaths.

Wow.

It would be naive to disregard the vast number of financial transactions and the litigious nature of Barry Sherman when considering The Sherman's deaths.

IMO, people like that usually battle it out in court, not by murder.

This one might raise the hair on the back of anyone's neck, imo.
http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Op-Ed- Contributors/Irans-mystery-banker-in-Canada

Good catch, Matou.

I’m reasonably certain it’s not a murder/suicide (which I find a preposterous theory); it’s a professional hit. There are powerful and dangerous people behind these deaths. It has something to do with Sherman’s mixing Israel, politics and business.

I think the timing is key. Whatever happened was related to her leaving for Florida in a few days. It had to happen when it did or it was too late. Whether that was murder suicide or a double murder. That means Honey was as much a target as Barry. Otherwise it could have waited until she left.

Hmmm. Interesting point.

It’s possible Honey had even more clout than Barry did; she was the social director of that marriage and was known for her connections. She wasn’t just an empty-headed socialite.

I don't believe this is the house that was demolished by the Shermans. The Sherman property was at 91 Old Forest Hill Road. Your link is for a property at 91 Forest Hill Road. Two different properties.

If you look on Google maps - the Sherman lot is much bigger.

If anyone is curious to see how the house that was demolished looked like, here are lots of pictures:

http://www.brian-gray.com/91.htm

Hmmm. Interesting point.

It’s possible Honey had even more clout than Barry did; she was the social director of that marriage and was known for her connections. She wasn’t just an empty-headed socialite.

It is easy to have connections when you are as rich as they were. I am not saying that she was an empty headed socialite, but I don't think that because she had connections proves anything other than she was really rich.

IMO, people like that usually battle it out in court, not by murder.
Did you read the article on the $2.2 billion Iranian embezzeler that I linked? There were alleged death threats in that article, and certainly people have been killed for paltry sums less than a million.

Did you read the article on the $2.2 billion Iranian embezzeler that I linked? There were alleged death threats in that article, and certainly people have been killed for paltry sums less than a million.

Death threats which were denied by the person who was supposed to have made them. And both parties are still alive.

I don't believe this is the house that was demolished by the Shermans. The Sherman property was at 91 Old Forest Hill Road. Your link is for a property at 91 Forest Hill Road. Two different properties.

If you look on Google maps - the Sherman lot is much bigger.
Here is a screen cap. Thank you for the correction. I think i have the right house
ff3d16b6711cc004c9a7594a59bd69c9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Death threats which were denied by the person who was supposed to have made them. And both parties are still alive.
It would be naive to think that murder is not a method by which sour business deals get dealt with. To send a message or otherwise. It certainly isn't out of the question.

I will leave the debate for others on this crispy December evening.

Thanks for bringing forth the article Matou. It was an interesting read for sure.

JMO

I see a “hit” as being a way to send a message, I guess, and leaving people dead in this way which has led police, at least initially, to be a murder and suicide does not seem to be a way to do this. And if drugs are found in their systems, what conclusions can be drawn from that? Would “hit men”bother to dope them up first? If no drugs...what does THAT infer? I have great doubts as to this case ever being resolved more than it is at present. Jmo

I see a “hit” as being a way to send a message, I guess, and leaving people dead in this way which has led police, at least initially, to be a murder and suicide does not seem to be a way to do this. And if drugs are found in their systems, what conclusions can be drawn from that? Would “hit men”bother to dope them up first? If no drugs...what does THAT infer? I have great doubts as to this case ever being resolved more than it is at present. Jmo
I tend to agree. Imagine the hitman sitting back right now annoyed nobody 'got the message.' Unless the message was just for the Shermans and staging it as suicide was part of the act of revenge.

I was just googling murder and violence on Mother Jones (magazine) Violence on the Home Front. It states that you're more likely to be killed by someone you know and you're more likely to be at home when it happens.

There was also some stats from the FBI on a different site, about spousal violence and suicide. Too tired to remember the stats.
Suicide is one of the most violent and most common ways of being killed in the home.

Back to sitting on the fence.

Now, to stop reading and start sleeping. :fence:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members