Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM, you inadvertently bolstered my theory without trying. Barry simply didn't want to leave his home and start over. IMO this is still a murder suicide, and the move was the catalyst that led to it.

Does anyone know why there hasn’t been a large reward offered by the family to anyone that could come forward with very valuable information that could lead to the identity and arrest of the suspects?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM, you inadvertently bolstered my theory without trying. Barry simply didn't want to leave his home and start over. IMO this is still a murder suicide, and the move was the catalyst that led to it.

No, I didn't bolster your theory. You conveniently took it out of context and used it for your own use.
That was referring to people who moved from homes to condos/small apartments without thinking about the whole lifestyle change.

There was a whole list of valid reasons to move homes in my post. I don't believe its a S/M nor that Barry didn't want to leave his home and killed his wife. THAT makes no sense whatsoever to me.

Does anyone know why there hasn’t been a large reward offered by the family to anyone that could come forward with very valuable information that could lead to the identity and arrest of the suspects?

The investigations are still ongoing. The police have many leads to follow up on and its far too early to contemplate a reward.

If the donor was present that day the press would know who it is. There aren’t that many people who can afford a gift of that size. Doesn’t matter who it was however, as long as they follow through on their committment.

Could you please elaborate? How/why would the press know who the anonymous person is and if they were in the crowd?

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.the...uilders-of-north-york-home.html?source=images

BS just kept suing contractors regarding the design and construction of his Old Colony Home until he won. It seems this went on for close to 2 decades. Why?
He kept appealing rulings in order to collect money from 2 HVAC companies that refused to settle with him decades later.
Was this old colony home a real ‘disaster’ and in that bad of shape from the get go? Could all of these contractors performed that badly?
And it seems BS kept at it up to 20 years later trying to sue builders for ‘damages’.

Now fast forward to 2017. Brand new 16,000 master piece under way for them.
Then on their last day seen alive, BS and HS both end up dead after a meeting with their architect regarding their this new home build.

Could this be related to someone in the construction industry? Seizing the opportunity to enter their home by accessing the lock box key.

It appears whoever killed them both had animosity for both BS and HS.
If this is not M/S then let’s ask the question
who hated them both? Who did they both deal with as a united front in their transactions that they repeatedly disrespected?

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.the...uilders-of-north-york-home.html?source=images

BS just kept suing contractors regarding the design and construction of his Old Colony Home until he won. It seems this went on for close to 2 decades. Why?
He kept appealing rulings in order to collect money from 2 HVAC companies that refused to settle with him decades later.
Was this old colony home a real ‘disaster’ and in that bad of shape from the get go? Could all of these contractors performed that badly?
And it seems BS kept at it up to 20 years later trying to sue builders for ‘damages’.

Now fast forward to 2017. Brand new 16,000 square foot master piece under way for them.
Then on their last day seen alive, BS and HS both end up dead after a meeting with their architect regarding their this new home build.

Could this be related to someone in the construction industry? Seizing the opportunity to enter their home by accessing the lock box key.

It appears whoever killed them both had animosity for both BS and HS.
If this is not M/S then let’s ask the question
who hated them both? Who did they both deal with as a united front in their transactions that they repeatedly disrespected?

Maybe they already know who did it ;)

No, I didn't bolster your theory. You conveniently took it out of context and used it for your own use.
That was referring to people who moved from homes to condos/small apartments without thinking about the whole lifestyle change.

There was a whole list of valid reasons to move homes in my post. I don't believe its a S/M nor that Barry didn't want to leave his home and killed his wife. THAT makes no sense whatsoever to me.

I didn't take anything out of context. Seniors simply don't like to move, whether it be to a smaller or larger place. Certainly, if murder/suicide is still on the table, the move could have been a source of friction between the couple and may have lead to this tragic event.

The investigations are still ongoing. The police have many leads to follow up on and its far too early to contemplate a reward.

Never too early to offer a reward. In my opinion the family has accomplished their goal, to have this classified as a murder and not a suicide. I doubt we'll hear anything more from them.

Could you please elaborate? How/why would the press know who the anonymous person is and if they were in the crowd?

The crowd at 5he announcement was small. The press was there at the request of CAMH. Believe me if there was a billionaire in the people in attendance at that announcement the press would know.

Because nobody offers an awards this early into an investigation. Awards are offered as a last resort years down the road out of desperation. The case is hardly near that. Furthermore, LE may not feel it's necessary. Maybe they are onto something or someone? They could very well have leads they are pursuing.

He was known to be frugal
and possibly the only things he gave a lot of leeway on was the home, so she was going all out.

(respectfully snipped and bolded by me)

IMHO you are making an assumption that "possibly the only things he gave a lot of leeway on was the home" because we know that he sued all the contractors and got around $2 Million from them, so the house practically only cost them around $350,000.
House is now for sale around $6 Million.

Maybe you unwillingly hit the nail in the head when you said: "... she was going all out on the new house." Wont argue about your frugal statement.

IMHO you are making an assumption that "possibly the only things he gave a lot of leeway on was the home" because we know that he sued all the contractors and got around $2 Million from them, so the house practically only cost them around $350,000.

Maybe you unwillingly hit the nail in the head when you said: "... she was going all out on the new house." Wont argue about your frugal statement.

You don’t think any of the $2 million was for damages? All windfall?

(respectfully snipped by me)

JDG, me thinks you need to chill out. :chillpill:
Websleuths here just want the truth to come out.

Why would anyone take posts out of context?
and for "own use"? seriously?

We sometimes play devil's advocate and explore ALL possible case scenarios and put out many different theories. No one is subscribed to one and only one theory. We change theories all the time, then sometimes we go back to old theory. All done respecting each other's opinions.

If you are so close to friends or family of the victims, perhaps you should consider becoming a verified member. Let us know if you need help learning how to verify yourself.

I didn't take anything out of context. Seniors simply don't like to move, whether it be to a smaller or larger place. Certainly, if murder/suicide is still on the table, the move could have been a source of friction between the couple and may have lead to this tragic event.
You say things with such absolutes to conveniently fit your theory. Not all seniors "don't like to move". You don't know that, or these individuals, at all.

You're entitled to your opinion, but it really just seems to me that when a case goes quiet for a bit, folks feel the need to dig up preposterous theories that LE has already dismissed. This has been deemed a double homicide, after a lengthy investigation, likely for good reason.

Since we are on the topics of homes relating to the Sherman’s; did you know that Sherman in fact owned the home his ex-CEO JD lived in with his wife K? Paid $3.15 million for it over a decade ago or in the early 2000’s and is apparently located in the vicinity of Old Colony Rd.
The ex-CEO JD apparently still did not own this when he resigned this past January. I wonder if he has ever made any payments towards it?
It was an interest free mortgage extended by BS as an IOU of sorts.
The problem with this is that in the end when JD left his CEO position (rather abruptly) this past January [on the same day Det. Gomes accounted the targeted double murder], the ex-CEO’s home still wasn’t paid off and it still belonged to BS as an IOU.
Both the ex-CEO and his wife worked at the same company. Both had PhD’s I believe. You would think they would have gotten their own mortgage at the bank and not an IOU through BS?
It seems like a nice gesture at first, but it seems complicated and messy now.
It almost can feel like a bribe by your boss.
Seems odd to me.
The ex-CEO’s home is worth probably $6 million now.
Problem is, it means nothing if you are not registered on the house deed and your now deceased ex-employer is.

Maybe, maybe not, I don't know. Only their lawyers and the contractors could answer that question.
The point I was making is, JD was assuming that BS possibly only liked to splurge on the house. We don't know that. The upgrades to the current house didn't end up costing them much, after they recoup $2 Million from the contractors.
We know for sure he sued left and right, but we don't know he was willing to spend a lot on building the house.
It's a known fact they were killed upon returning from the meeting with the architect. They went back home in separate vehicles, 3 hours apart. Those are the last activities that they did that night, that we know about. That needs to be taken into consideration, can't be ignore. ALL JMO MOO

Bottom line, my post was about the assumption JD was making. :)

From the Star: https://www.thestar.com/amp/news/ca...lice-probed-at-first-not-barry-and-honey.html
Police had attended the first autopsy on the Shermans, which was carried out Dec. 16 by a provincial pathologist. A second autopsy, conducted by a retired senior pathologist hired by the family, was done Dec. 20, the day before the funeral and the same day as the first series of judicial authorizations were granted by a judge. The Star has previously reported that it was the conclusion of the second pathologist, veteran Dr. David Chiasson, that helped police understand that both Shermans had been murdered.

Sources have told the Star that police did not talk to Chiasson until later in January after the Star reported Chiasson’s conclusion that it was a double murder — not murder-suicide.

If true, the above is confusing to me. The official provincial coroner did the first autopsy and is expected to make a ruling on the manner and cause of death.

How can the police be influenced by an independent second autopsy without being able to confirm the findings? What does the official coroner have to say about this?

Yes it is possible that 85% of the was damaged, but highly unlikely considering the caliber of that custom home build....Steel construction and poured concrete.
$2/$2.35 million for damages seem very high to me.
Yes It could be physical damages, plus interest over the decades and plus there is a pain and suffering clause that would bring a small amount and that could bring the total to $2 million; we just don’t have this information.

I had a contractor that damaged my previous home during a renovation. It costed more than three times the original quote to fix the damage and complete the job that was originally planned.

Maybe that also happened in the Sherman case with their home? Maybe they had another contractor complete the home and repair the deficiencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tsewr1!