Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot see even $20 mil being a big deal. After all, you can’t take it with you.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/...ur-van-attack-barry-honey-sherman_a_23420477/
04/25/2018 20:48 EDT | Updated 12 hours ago

[h=1]Toronto Homicide Squad Stretched Dealing With 3 Major Cases[/h] [h=2]Police are still investigating the Bruce McArthur case and the murders of billionaire couple Barry, Honey Sherman.[/h]
Sherman murders, Bruce McArthur's arrest, van attack

The "long haul" for Bott's team began on Dec. 15, when a billionaire couple — Barry and Honey Sherman — was found dead in their Toronto mansion. The probe in the case is ongoing and no arrests have been made.

A month after the Shermans' deaths, another massive homicide investigation was triggered by the arrest of alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur, a 66-year-old self-employed landscaper accused of murdering eight men — most of them with ties to the city's gay village.

I've been with the service for 31 years, and I've never seen three cases like this back to back, everInsp. Bryan Bott​
That investigation is set to soon expand exponentially with officers fanning out around the city and across the province to search 70 properties linked to McArthur, who allegedly hid some of the men's remains in planters.

"I've been with the service for 31 years, and I've never seen three cases like this back to back, ever," Bott said, who in addition to keeping an eye on the high-profile cases, tries to make sure his detectives get enough sleep.
The pressure on the Sherman case was unrelenting for months, Bott said, with 16 homicide detectives assigned to the case initially.

"We scaled it back," he said.

Det. Sgt. Sue Gomes, the lead in the case, remains committed to the Shermans case full time, he said, but some other detectives had to go back on the board.
Bott said he talks frequently with his counterpart with the Ontario Provincial Police, which have assisted in the Shermans and McArthur cases, and also provided officers following Monday's van attack

https://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Grapevine-Kudos-for-Netanyahu-551289
The Keren Hayesod Annual World Conference that took place in Jerusalem this week had many high points but was also tinged with sadness. The conference brings together people from around the globe who are dedicated to making the world a better place for others less fortunate than themselves.

They give generously not only of their money, but of their time and efforts. This commitment is recognized by annually honoring these outstanding philanthropic leaders.
Sometimes the awards are given to individuals, and sometimes to married couples who individually and together work for Keren Hayesod-United Israel Appeal. This year’s honorees included Barry and Honey Sherman of Toronto, Canada, whose cruel murder last December sent shock waves through the Toronto Jewish community and throughout the entire Jewish world, where they had many friends and colleagues. Eight thousand people including Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne and Toronto Mayor John Tory attended their funeral, said United Israel Appeal honorary president Julia Koschitzky.

Three months before their deaths, the Shermans were informed that they had been chosen to receive the award. Two of their daughters came to Jerusalem on behalf of their siblings to accept the award and said tearfully that they were in the process of learning all their parents had done and would follow their example.

Before we convince ourselves that Barry in a 'fit of rage', murdered Honey and then committed suicide, and had staged the scene to look like a double homicide. I want you to consider the following.

Had Barry displayed previous examples of a violent temper or uncontrollable rage? Most murder/suicides, are preceded with prior rage incidents.

As far as I know is that Barry was a quiet reserved man and not into physical violence. He loved Honey, and as far as I know there are no previous examples of rage towards her.

If there were prior examples of serious domestic violence I would be more open to the murder/suicide scenario.

Welcome Kerry!

Any idea what this new custom home would have cost?
Old colony home was on market for $7 million.
The new custom design build home with increased construction and building costs these days, in a better location with better house amenities probably would cost more than double what they would have sold old colony for.
If so I could see that making him go over the edge. Maybe he was thinking total cost of new home would be what he could get for their old colony home?
When he finds out it would cost lets just say $16 million he loses it and they fought about it all day. He probably only realized it that day.

Did the architect and contractors require large deposits up front for such a project?
Could honey have signed anything that made it binding?

This was supposed to be Honeys project.
He didn’t really want to do this.

He made her return a brand new sports car 25 years earlier she had purchased him for his 50th. He wasn’t happy she spent this money. It was returned the next day.

Now imagine a 16,000 square foot home
In the most desirable Forest Hill market
With all the house amenities.

With today’s building and construction costs.......
He would have been furious at age 75 to have to spend let’s say double on a house he didn’t want
Nor did he want to move.

Respectfully, this is all supposition on your part.

I would like to express my own supposition.

Perhaps Barry had his gift car returned because he likes driving older vehicles? Or perhaps, for HIMSELF, he didn’t want to be frivolous ... many people enjoy giving extravagant gifts to others, but do not like to over-indulge themselves. There could be many reasons he had the car returned that had nothing whatsoever to do with money.

When you are a multi-billionaire, isn’t a 10 to even a 100 million dollar house pretty much pocket change?

IMHO, I do not think that a war between Honey and Barry over finances had anything whatsoever to do with their tragic murders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perhaps Barry had his gift car returned because he likes driving older vehicles? Or perhaps, for HIMSELF, he didn’t want to be frivolous ... many people enjoy giving extravagant gifts to others, but do not like to over-indulge themselves. There could be many reasons he had the car returned that had nothing whatsoever to do with money.

When you are a multi-billionaire, isn’t a 10 to even a 100 million dollar house pretty much pocket change?

IMHO, I do not think that a war between Honey and Barry over finances had anything whatsoever to do with their tragic murders.

I agree with you. And the way in which they were both found attached to the belt tells me this was a staged double murder All my own opinion.

To me the whole car returning incident just reinforces the idea that Barry did not like and absolutely resisted change. Possibly this was a mental issue that I saw develop in my own elderly father. A multi-millionaire, he walked around in shoes that were falling apart so badly that he wrapped them in duct tape. The mind goes after a while. He became verbally abusive to my mother who, quite rightly, wanted to simplify their lives and downsize their home. He didn't want to leave.

I've said it since the beginning, this is a murder suicide. And, if anybody is ever arrested in this case, I will gladly eat my hat.

To me the whole car returning incident just reinforces the idea that Barry did not like and absolutely resisted change. Possibly this was a mental issue that I saw develop in my own elderly father. A multi-millionaire, he walked around in shoes that were falling apart so badly that he wrapped them in duct tape. The mind goes after a while. He became verbally abusive to my mother who, quite rightly, wanted to simplify their lives and downsize their home. He didn't want to leave.

I've said it since the beginning, this is a murder suicide. And, if anybody is ever arrested in this case, I will gladly eat my hat.

You'd better buy yourself a chocolate hat. :cool:

As for returning the fancy sports car, I imagine two things were at play.

Honey wanted him to have it, she liked nice things and thought that on his birthday he would accept it.

Barry preferred to be 'incognito' or at least not draw attention to himself so told her to return it.

Anyone driving a fancy new sports car becomes a target, last thing Barry wanted was that........

He felt safe and secure in their home and while driving non noticeable vehicles. Simple.

AND, that was 25 years before they were murdered and thus, probably irrelevant.

Until LE stated that this was a double murder, i was on the side of murder suicide. I posted many views and theories on how BS did it. Lots of posters disagreed with me. But that’s ok, that’s what WS is for. When LE said this was a double targeted murder I accepted their statement. But it is really surprising to me how many posters continue to think this was a MS, and that the TPS is lying. To me it says a lot about the general mistrust that the public has of the TPS. A sign of much larger underlying problems IMO.

Or, if fruit is preferred. . .

<modsnip>

Until LE stated that this was a double murder, i was on the side of murder suicide. I posted many views and theories on how BS did it. Lots of posters disagreed with me. But that&#8217;s ok, that&#8217;s what WS is for. When LE said this was a double targeted murder I accepted their statement. But it is really surprising to me how many posters continue to think this was a MS, and that the TPS is lying. To me it says a lot about the general mistrust that the public has of the TPS. A sign of much larger underlying problems IMO.
I am often distrustful and skeptical of LE, but I can't imagine they are lying about this:
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/...ur-van-attack-barry-honey-sherman_a_23420477/
04/25/2018 20:48 EDT
. . . Det. Sgt. Sue Gomes, the lead in the case, remains committed to the Shermans case full time. . .

Regarding the return of the sports car.

It is tough for somebody over 40 years of age to get in and out of these exotic sports cars, I can a imagine how uncomfortable it would be for someone Barry's age.

I was in the retail auto industry, and I remember a wealthy customer of about 60 years of age, buying a low slung, high performance 'muscle car'. When he was a kid, he had promised himself if he was successful, he would buy this make and model for himself.

After two weeks of ownership this customer returned the car. It rode too rough, it was too hard to get in and out of, and his back hurt after a 15 minute ride. He hated the car and wanted something comfortable..

Barry was smart enough that an exotic sports car was not for him.

As for returning the fancy sports car, I imagine two things were at play.

Honey wanted him to have it, she liked nice things and thought that on his birthday he would accept it.

Barry preferred to be 'incognito' or at least not draw attention to himself so told her to return it.

Anyone driving a fancy new sports car becomes a target, last thing Barry wanted was that........

He felt safe and secure in their home and while driving non noticeable vehicles. Simple.

AND, that was 25 years before they were murdered and thus, probably irrelevant.

Hard to say why Barry would have returned a car his spouse bought for him. From what I've read, he was happy with a functional, reliable car he already had and not interested in something new. some people just don't crave the latest and greatest., even find it obnoxious.

JDG, so you're saying the case will be solved, it wont go cold, and that LE has a list of POI, right?

You seem to be close to the investigation, family friends, or have some kind of connection to the case.

If it goes cold, no new developments, no asking the public to identify POI in a video footage, still image, etc., etc., no arrests, no nothing, then it will mean they had the murderer from day one. JMHO

JDG, so you're saying the case will be solved, it wont go cold, and that LE has a list of POI, right?

You seem to be close to the investigation, family friends, or have some kind of connection to the case.

If it goes cold, no new developments, no asking the public to identify POI in a video footage, still image, etc., etc., no arrests, no nothing, then it will mean they had the murderer from day one. JMHO

Or they don&#8217;t know how to solve it.

I’m not some imposter. I’ve been reading posts for quite some time. Miele has is right except for:
*my cousin Barry had a terrible temper and after he “snapped” and killed Honey he had to think very quickly.
*he knew that the ONLY way to cover the murder was to stage “2 lovers holding hands ending their lives together”.... both of them committing suicide.
*PROBLEM: my cousin ****ed up in 2 places.
1. Honey was killed somewhere else in the house.
2. She was already dead before the belt was wrapped around the pool railing.
I know more....maybe, a story coming out soon in a major mag....not National Enquirer!
BTW: l passed a polygraph my lawyer arranged 2 days after The Fifth Estate “ambush” gong show with flying colours. Barry asked me to arrange the murder of his wife....twice.
Hint: the police KNOW that only Barry and Honey entered their home.....until the real estate agent showed up on the Friday and found them by the pool. In other words, HOW did the phantom murderers leave!!!! The elaborate computerized alarm system showed: No windows or doors opened or closed after Barry came home. It was ONLY Barry and Honey in the house. No forced entry...No suspects. Wasn’t that what the police originally said?!?!
Now their on Greenspan’s bandwagon. Wealthy family doesn’t get to rewrite history. The truth will come out.
BTW: my mother saw Barry from a country mile away. She knew he’d steal the business from me and my brothers.
This Dickens tale isn’t over.

I wonder if BS would have been able because of/despite his physical constitution to have overpowered and killed his agile wife.
:thinking:
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
The story of M/S would fit IMO with the son's very strong emotional response during the speech at his parents' funeral. To loose one's parents by M/S is much more tragic and shocking than to loose them by D/M, I imagine.

I wonder if BS would have been able because of/despite his physical constitution to have overpowered and killed his agile wife.
:thinking:
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
The story of M/S would fit IMO with the son's very strong emotional response during the speech at his parents' funeral. To loose one's parents by M/S is much more tragic and shocking than to loose them by D/M, I imagine.

A taller, bigger man can always overpower a woman. Women do not have the power in their fists as men do, nor do they have any experience of punching.

There will never be a resolution to this case. All involved are quite content to let it go as an unsolved double murder. So I think my no chocolate diet is safe ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills