Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
taylorss.......at first i was going to answer a BIG NO, but now I need you to define "drug cartel" ;)

NO DOUBT there would be competition in the race to get in on the legalized market.

Interesting Barry's "pot pill" was to provide an alternative for addiction to opioids and other pharmaceutical drugs....Watching recent headlines, people and even cities (ie: Dayton) are suing BIG PHARMA over the opioid addiction crisis.

Dayton vs. Big Pharma: U.S. Cities Sue Drug Companies for Causing Opioid Epidemic | Skywood Recovery

The growing number of lawsuits against opioid companies, explained

Rudy Giuliani won deal for OxyContin maker to continue sales of drug behind opioid deaths

Barry was one smart cookie, but maybe not everyone appreciated that about him.

Last edited:
Remains the question (re "pot pill" or "cartel" etc.):
Why Honey?
Maybe BS had the money, but HS had the power?
rbbm. speculation, imo
Investigation into 1984 murders with hammer has reached ‘critical stage,’ police say
"Publicly, the Shermans operated as a formidable team. Honey skilfully organized the home front—family vacations, holiday dinners—while her husband focused on the business. In one Toronto Sun interview, Honey joked that her title at Apotex was “persona non grata.” In truth, she was the company’s best ambassador. As her husband waged war with critics and enemies, Honey forged alliances among the powerful who populate the non-profit sector, using her charm and determination to help others.

The couple also stood united in their support for the state of Israel, though their attitudes to religion differed."

Honey Sherman was ‘ultimate connector’ with ‘best Rolodex in the country’ | The Star
"When Honey Sherman asked to meet Aubrey Dan, son of her billionaire husband’s bitter rival, Leslie Dan, she arrived in his boardroom with a ball cap on, ready to pitch a project that would bring them together."

"After connecting with Aubrey, the pair’s professional relationship gave way to a personal one that drew her husband into the mix.

By the end of the Shermans’ lives, the two men and former rivals would be sending emails back and forth about the ideal formulations to put medical marijuana into a pill."

"Bernie Farber, who worked with Honey on several projects over the years, said she probably had “the best Rolodex in the country.”
Tales of Barry’s pharmaceutical empire as the founder of Apotex often position his wife as a secondary character. But Honey was involved in his success from the early days."

Maybe BS had the money, but HS had the power?
rbbm. speculation, imo
Investigation into 1984 murders with hammer has reached ‘critical stage,’ police say
"Publicly, the Shermans operated as a formidable team. Honey skilfully organized the home front—family vacations, holiday dinners—while her husband focused on the business. In one Toronto Sun interview, Honey joked that her title at Apotex was “persona non grata.” In truth, she was the company’s best ambassador. As her husband waged war with critics and enemies, Honey forged alliances among the powerful who populate the non-profit sector, using her charm and determination to help others.

The couple also stood united in their support for the state of Israel, though their attitudes to religion differed."

Honey Sherman was ‘ultimate connector’ with ‘best Rolodex in the country’ | The Star
"When Honey Sherman asked to meet Aubrey Dan, son of her billionaire husband’s bitter rival, Leslie Dan, she arrived in his boardroom with a ball cap on, ready to pitch a project that would bring them together."

"After connecting with Aubrey, the pair’s professional relationship gave way to a personal one that drew her husband into the mix.

By the end of the Shermans’ lives, the two men and former rivals would be sending emails back and forth about the ideal formulations to put medical marijuana into a pill."

"Bernie Farber, who worked with Honey on several projects over the years, said she probably had “the best Rolodex in the country.”
Tales of Barry’s pharmaceutical empire as the founder of Apotex often position his wife as a secondary character. But Honey was involved in his success from the early days."
Next question would be (directed to KW): Why should BS have hated his perfect business and life partner so much? Because it wouldn't work without HS, but also very difficult with her? Too much feeling of an unwanted dependence by BS?

Also have to wonder why, if one believes he had so much dislike for her for so long, he wouldn’t just divorce her.

It seems he wasn’t religious so that common reason wouldn’t apply.

If one was in the M/S corner of the ring, this might be a consideration, imo, speculation...
BS does not seem to quit or get rid of anything!
If a car is "female", ie. " trusty old girl" or " she's a beauty, " then consider BS's refusal to replace his old car with a " trophy" model.
Besides, why part with half your money, AND your power?
imo, speculation
Police reveal cause of death as friends and family of Barry and Honey Sherman reeling
"He had almost no outside interests and no taste for luxury, once driving an old car into such disrepair that Ms. Sherman went out and bought him a new Mercedes."

Just thinking back, let’s see if I’ve got this right....

KW indicated earlier that he felt somewhat betrayed because he was interviewed for the 5th Estate prior to the TPS press conference on Jan 26th. As a result when the show aired on Feb 2nd, the viewing public was aware the Sherman deaths were ruled a targeted double homicide. (to note, apparently KW still believes he knows “the truth”, that a M/S did occur.)

Barry Sherman's cousin fails lie detector test over allegation of plot to kill Honey Sherman | CBC News
“....Winter told The Fifth Estate he was going public now with the allegations because he wanted to "hurt" Barry Sherman's legacy.

Winter and his siblings had been locked in a protracted, decade-long lawsuit launched in 2007 seeking a piece of the Apotex fortune. Last September, an Ontario Superior Court judge dismissed the case as "fanciful." The cousins have since appealed.

"I was betrayed. My cousin hurt me, and now I want to hurt him," Winter told The Fifth Estate.

As part of the court's decision, Winter not only lost his claim on his cousin's fortune, but he was also ordered to pay Sherman back $8 million. Just a week before the Shermans were found dead, a court ordered Winter and his siblings to pay Sherman $300,000 in legal costs....”

Then then there’s this:

BBM
WARMINGTON: Barry Sherman’s ex-biz partner knew ‘from day one’ couple was murdered
On a day where they are getting hammered in the media, D’Angelo has tremendous confidence in Toronto Police — and was critical of media and public portraying this as a bungled case.

“The Toronto Police know what they are doing,” said D’Angelo to why investigators let the public believe for 42 days as a suspicious death when sources called it a murder-suicide.

“I believe the cops did that on purpose to create chatter, you know, to get whoever did it to not know what they were thinking.”...

And this -

MANDEL: Barry Sherman’s cousin Kerry Winter suffered nervous breakdown, sister-in-law tells court

“......In a newly-unsealed court document obtained by the Sun, a relative contends the controversial cousin who’s made outlandish allegations surrounding the murder of Barry and Honey Sherman suffered “some sort of nervous breakdown” after the billionaire couple was discovered dead in their home last December.

Kerry Winter’s “perplexing media campaign” has also cast him as a murder suspect, worries his sister-in-law in the filed affidavit..

.....“I did not approve of Kerry’s recent statements to the press. I attribute it to his illness,” his Vancouver sister-in-law wrote in her affidavit...”

Last edited:
Just thinking back, let’s see if I’ve got this right....

KW indicated earlier that he felt somewhat betrayed because he was interviewed for the 5th Estate prior to the TPS press conference on Jan 26th. As a result when the show aired on Feb 2nd, the viewing public was aware the Sherman deaths were ruled a targeted double homicide. (to note, apparently KW still believes he knows “the truth”, that a M/S did occur.)

Barry Sherman's cousin fails lie detector test over allegation of plot to kill Honey Sherman | CBC News
“....Winter told The Fifth Estate he was going public now with the allegations because he wanted to "hurt" Barry Sherman's legacy.

Winter and his siblings had been locked in a protracted, decade-long lawsuit launched in 2007 seeking a piece of the Apotex fortune. Last September, an Ontario Superior Court judge dismissed the case as "fanciful." The cousins have since appealed.

"I was betrayed. My cousin hurt me, and now I want to hurt him," Winter told The Fifth Estate.

As part of the court's decision, Winter not only lost his claim on his cousin's fortune, but he was also ordered to pay Sherman back $8 million. Just a week before the Shermans were found dead, a court ordered Winter and his siblings to pay Sherman $300,000 in legal costs....”

Sorry to quote my own post but I just noticed something I don’t recall reading before. It was published on Dec 20,2017 just days after the Shermans were found deceased. BT must’ve been absoluteky livid when KW later began speaking with every news agency that would listen. Obviously against the advice of his lawyer....why?

BBM

“.......The Winter brothers' lawyer, Brad Teplitsky says his clients will be moving forward with their appeal because they believe the judge made legal errors in dismissing the case.

Teplitsky has been in contact with Kerry Winter since the Shermans' deaths and says Winter has "no comment at this time other than to express his sincere condolences to the Sherman family and is requesting that the media respect their privacy during this period."

Teplitsky told CBC Toronto his clients will not be attending the funeral Thursday, and have had no contact with the Shermans since they've been "in litigation for many years."

Barry Sherman's orphaned cousins fight for cut of Apotex fortune in lawsuit appeal | CBC News

Then in April 4th came this Ontario Court of Appeal hearing.. Nowhere do I notice “the matter is back before the court” yet and although KW agreed to a mental health assessment, I don’t think the results been revealed.
“[22] Finally, I leave for another occasion the determination of two issues: (1) whether the respondents in fact have an interest in the litigation guardian issue that would permit them to argue for or against the appointment when that mattyer comes back before the court, and (2) whether the assessment report to be prepared in this matter will be part of the court record and protected from public disclosure if filed (which issue, while referred to, was not specifically argued at this time).”
CanLII - 2018 ONCA 379 (CanLII)

KW’s identity was verified by Trisha when he joined Websleuths April 20th and then, full circle, he immediately began singing the very same tune that was published by the media back in January.

Last edited:
The point I wanted to make because I am perplexed, regarding my two posts above —- following the intervention of KW’s sister-in-law, why does KW, a Websleuth VI, continue to restate the very same claims that were made during his earlier media appearances?
He's still convinced 110%, it seems. What are his siblings/S-I-L thinking, I wonder (although they hadn't been asked by Barry for help re eliminating HS but only KW).

He's still convinced 110%, it seems. What are his siblings/S-I-L thinking, I wonder (although they hadn't been asked by Barry for help re eliminating HS but only KW).

There’s no proof Barry ever asked KW to whack his wife. Remember he failed a lie detector test and then admitted to “embellishment”, whatever that means. Throughout this time notably absent is even one person who’s came forward to defend KW’s integrity or honesty. But many people have spoken out who knew Shermans personally, each contradicting his dark portrayal of Barry.

And even IF someone else had ever been asked by Barry to find a hired killer in the ‘90s, that in no way proves they were not the targets of a double suicide in Dec, 2017. Why is KW the only person remotely connected to the Shermans who’s insisting he knows a M/S took place if he wasn’t involved in their deaths whatsoever?

Furthermore, ironic...

KW alleges the Shermans had a poor relationship between each other and also with their children and Barry had “lost his mind”. No proof whatsoever, once again people close to the couple say differently.

However - it’s KW’s sister-in law who files a court affidavit alleging KW is acting weird, a possible mental or emotional disorder or breakdown and requests a mental assessment be conducted. To me that’s about as quite close to “lost his mind” if not on the button. And that the SIL was forced to take that legal action because KW wouldn’t zip it most likely impacted their relationship as well.

It’s looks like some projection is happening to me.

Last edited:
^^^^
In response to MistyWaters,

Due to the TOS of Websleuths, nothing negative can be said about the victims.
The media is unlikely to print anything negative as well, as no one wants to speak ill of the dead and these people were murdered in the most dreadful way.

That's not to say there was nothing 'negative' to be said about them.

If one goes by 'hearsay', I have heard plenty of negatives.

They were real people and people are flawed.

All of us are flawed but IMO, even Barry Shermans writings point out a lot of his flaws. He was not blind to his own short comings.

I highly doubt that Honey was either. RIP

If any of post 998 is not within the TOS, please delete it. Thank you.

@ JDG I’m not sure what you’re referring to but can we agree that -

Nobody ever deserves to be murdered, regardless of their character flaws. That includes hatred, certainly not a justifiable grounds for murder regardless of the reason.

So IMO character flaws are inconsequential to the topic of a homicide, particularly one where no charges have been laid and an accused has not been identified, much less a motive. That’s a reason I respect Websleuths for not allowing victim blaming and shaming.

But that doesn’t change the fact that many people have publicly spoken (not merely anonymous sources), who contradict KW’s portrayal of the Shermans. The alternative is that they could’ve shared absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
@ JDG I’m not sure what you’re referring to but can we agree that -

Nobody ever deserves to be murdered, regardless of their character flaws. That includes hatred, certainly not a justifiable grounds for murder regardless of the reason.

So IMO character flaws are inconsequential to the topic of a homicide, particularly one where no charges have been laid and an accused has not been identified, much less a motive. That’s a reason I respect Websleuths for not allowing victim blaming and shaming. But that doesn’t change the fact that many people have spoke out against KW’s portrayal of the Shermans. The alternative is that they could’ve shared absolutely nothing.

Character flaws may not be inconsequential to this particular double homicide.

It's an understatement to say that BS and/or HS didn't rub someone the wrong way.

Yes, I also respect WSs policies and therefore, will not post what I have heard that is negative. What I have heard is NOT victim blaming but factual.

I also do not believe in speaking ill of the dead.

As I stated earlier, we are all flawed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member