CANADA Canada - Ben Tyner, 32, cowboy, his horse returned w/o him, Merritt, British Columbia, 26 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
Search is on for Merritt cowboy likely missing since weekend

Police and search and rescue groups are scouring areas near Merritt after a cowboy was reported missing.

Merritt RCMP say the search is on its second day. Police were advised of a horse with no rider and full gear around 12:30 p.m. on Monday (Jan. 28).

Local loggers had located the horse earlier in the day and told local ranchers, who retrieved the horse and were able to identify its owner.

A 32-year-old man who works for a local ranch was identified as the missing rider, and had been on his days off when he went missing.

The man had last been seen Saturday afternoon at 2:00 p.m., but it's unknown when he rode into the back country.

Nicola Valley Search and Rescue along with Kamloops SAR are coordinating the search efforts, while teams from the Shuswap, Penticton, Princeton, Logan Lake, Central Okanagan, Chilliwack and Surrey have been called in to help.

Nearly 40 SAR members were onsite Monday evening with Police Dog Services, snowmobiles and RCMP Air support. Air searches by SAR, PEP Air and Drones were also conducted overnight.

Hunt on for missing Merritt cowboy after riderless horse found

Searchers look for cowboy whose horse returned without him in Merritt, B.C.

As a fellow equestrian (I event and do hunter/jumpers, though), I’m absolutely gobsmacked that this has happened in this day and age. Not very hospitable conditions for the cowboy to be lost in, I’m afraid.

Terrifying. I'm guessing he's not dressed for the cold either. I wonder how long they will search?
If he was unseated from his horse he may not have his saddle pack or whatever was strapped to the horse. He'd probably have some supplies there. Maybe he was injured and sent the horse back? Working cowboys would be a resourceful bunch. I hope it's updated here if there's any development.

Last edited:
Search for missing Merritt cowboy enters third day

Search and rescue crews from across the province are continuing their search for a missing 32-year-old Merritt ranch manager.

Nicola Ranch has confirmed the man's name is Ben Tyner.

The search is entering its third day today (Jan. 30), and so far there has been no sign of Tyner. He was reported missing after police were advised of a horse with no rider and full gear Monday afternoon.

[...]

upload_2019-1-30_18-13-28.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members