CANADA Canada - Ben Tyner, 32, cowboy, his horse returned w/o him, Merritt, British Columbia, 26 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with @Trudie and @zecats in wondering if dog searches were made around BT'S house and NR and certainly hope they were! Hope they searched the inside of his house, too.
I wonder if BT'S truck had a dashcam? If so, was that checked?
And what about his cell phone? If he didn't have it with him then it should have been found in his house or truck, right? Hopefully, LE has the cell phone and has had an expert examine it and his records.
Somewhere in one of the MSM articles or FB page, there was a mention of things found in his house. Coffee thermos I believe was one. No implication from it other than someone looked inside.

Anyway, I would imagine a missing person situation would def lead to searching the residence and the vehicle. He didn't take his phone, and that was also reported, so the only way LE would know that for sure would be to find his phone. Right? No mention of dogs searching the ranch, only the surrounding areas, which could imply the ranch as well. Wouldn't they look for a potential starting point there? IMO

Thanks ze for confirming location of cell phone.

I can understand him not carrying cell phone with him as it's been said a number of times that he wasn't in the habit of doing so due to poor reception in the backcountry.

And I'm aware he didn't take any of his dogs.

He didn't tell anybody he was headed into the backcountry.

I hadn't, however, known before now that he didn't
take Coffee Thermos with him either.

Maybe it's just me, but he didn't seem well prepared for a trip into the freezing wilderness.

Possibly he didn't even take a lighter. Or if he had one on his person he didn't get to use it...

Thanks ze for confirming location of cell phone.

I can understand him not carrying cell phone with him as it's been said a number of times that he wasn't in the habit of doing so due to poor reception in the backcountry.

And I'm aware he didn't take any of his dogs.

He didn't tell anybody he was headed into the backcountry.

I hadn't, however, known before now that he didn't
take Coffee Thermos with him either.

Maybe it's just me, but he didn't seem well prepared for a trip into the freezing wilderness.

Possibly he didn't even take a lighter. Or if he had one on his person he didn't get to use it...
I don't know what the coffee thermos proves or disproves, and I didn't mean it to be evidence of anything, other than that someone had to be in his house to discover it. Maybe it was his brother who noticed it.

Also, who knows when it was even left there. Could have been from the day/night before...this assuming maybe he never rode his horse anywhere. JMO

I don't know what the coffee thermos proves or disproves, and I didn't mean it to be evidence of anything, other than that someone had to be in his house to discover it. Maybe it was his brother who noticed it.

Also, who knows when it was even left there. Could have been from the day/night before...this assuming maybe he never rode his horse anywhere. JMO

Or, it could have been one of two?

I don’t personally have a lot to contribute here, but we have owned horses for my 15 year old daughter who has been involved in the horse world for about 8 years. She teaches lessons and runs camps and is pretty experienced for her young age! :)
When I told her about this case her first thought was that one broken rein makes her think he fell off the horse. She said when you go flying off and the horse throws his head that’s when a rein breaks.
I’m sure there are many other reasons a rein can be broken, but fwiw this is a very horsey girl’s initial thought.
I feel so bad that Ben is still out there somewhere. :(

He probably did not take much with him because going into the back country was routine for him; he'd been there and done that thousands of times. Even the best of us sometimes don't realize that nature can be brutal, even in the best of circumstances.

Reportedly, Ben never left NR w/o telling someone, I believe in a linked article, the farm requires anyone riding alone to do so. Also, according to family he always carried his phone. So, the first time he breaks normal protocol, he goes missing? IMO, not adding up.

I don’t personally have a lot to contribute here, but we have owned horses for my 15 year old daughter who has been involved in the horse world for about 8 years. She teaches lessons and runs camps and is pretty experienced for her young age! :)
When I told her about this case her first thought was that one broken rein makes her think he fell off the horse. She said when you go flying off and the horse throws his head that’s when a rein breaks.
I’m sure there are many other reasons a rein can be broken, but fwiw this is a very horsey girl’s initial thought.
I feel so bad that Ben is still out there somewhere. :(

I’ve never heard of a rein breaking off this way.
I considered the horse stepped on it repeatedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member