CANADA Canada - Ben Tyner, 32, cowboy, his horse returned w/o him, Merritt, British Columbia, 26 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this means LE believes someone trailered Ben, that person is denying it, LE has a good idea of the truck/trailer used & desperately need images of the “unit” traveling towards the area they think Ben was dropped.
IMO, if Ben had problems with anyone, his co-workers or family knew.
BBM
Or at least where his horse was dropped. If foul play is involved, Ben might not have been taken to the same area where the horse was dropped as a decoy. IMO

BBM
Or at least where his horse was dropped. If foul play is involved, Ben might not have been taken to the same area where the horse was dropped as a decoy. IMO

Exactly Ze! I think this is a very good sign, do you?
LE only needs one image of a truck/trailer with identifying features, imo. (Like a logo/Farm name).

Exactly Ze! I think this is a very good sign, do you?
LE only needs one image of a truck/trailer with identifying features, imo. (Like a logo/Farm name).
Fingers crossed, my friend. Cameras may be the tip that's needed. I wonder how many public citizens in this area or BC would have dash cams though. And businesses were already asked, iir.

Ben needs to be found and this mystery needs to be solved. I don't even know this cowboy, but this case makes me so impatient for answers. JMO

Thanks, Watcher9! Good to know LE expanded the search to this level. Surely they will get a lot of response to this plea. Idk how long dashcam footage is saved, do you?
Tysm
I, too, would like to know how long dashcam footage is saved!

Does the cam automatically delete old footage? If so, could LE tell if owner deleted footage? Or, perhaps the dashcam films overtop old footage?

BBM - I noticed LE was, also, asking for "dash cam or other video footage." ?? From cell phones, from security footage of establishments he might have been at Saturday night??

Does the cam automatically delete old footage? If so, could LE tell if owner deleted footage? Or, perhaps the dashcam films overtop old footage?

BBM - I noticed LE was, also, asking for "dash cam or other video footage." ?? From cell phones, from security footage of establishments he might have been at Saturday night??

I think the last confirmed sighting was 2pm. If there was a later sighting, they (LE) never commented on it. Maybe someeone saw him at the ranch Saturday evening. Perhaps LE wants some info pertaining to a sighting kept hush hush. Moo moo
IMO, if foul play is involved, LE needs footage to make an arrest. Putting this specific request out again convinces me they are on top of something! I sure hope so.
I don’t use Dashcam video. Idk why anyone would take pics/video with phone. Perhaps they do mean video from local establishments. Idk how many would be on a logging road, tho.

I have a Garmin dashcam that holds about 90 minutes on a mini sd card, then it starts writing over the oldest videos. I could get a bigger card if I wanted too. I’m guessing that OTR trucks may have units with more storage, or stores to the cloud.

I have a Garmin dashcam that holds about 90 minutes on a mini sd card, then it starts writing over the oldest videos. I could get a bigger card if I wanted too. I’m guessing that OTR trucks may have units with more storage, or stores to the cloud.

Thanks for info!
So, the chance anyone has dashcam is slim, unless OTR truckers?
What’s your Theory?

So was it just a rumor that BT was last seen out-on-the-town abt 10 pm Saturday night!?

If that were the case then he might have been captured in the background of someone using their cell phone camera in an establishment. IDK...

At any rate, I was hoping that might have been why LE was asking for any kind of video footage.

So was it just a rumor that BT was last seen out-on-the-town abt 10 pm Saturday night!?

If that were the case then he might have been captured in the background of someone using their cell phone camera in an establishment. IDK...

At any rate, I was hoping that might have been why LE was asking for any kind of video footage.
There was this article that quoted his last sighting as Saturday evening. I don't know if this has ever been restated, corrected or confirmed.

Searchers narrow time frame of Merritt cowboy's disappearance

"At this point, RCMP say they have determined Tyner would've likely left on Sunday, however it's still not known how he got into the backcountry."

"We know of his whereabouts on Saturday night, so that gives us an extra day," Dunsmore explains. "We are still looking at how he may have gone up here, because we're still thinking that maybe he was driven up. So we don't know who would have driven him up, or if there's anybody out there that maybe brought him up with a truck and trailer, and we're looking for that person if that did happen."

There was this article that quoted his last sighting as Saturday evening. I don't know if this has ever been restated, corrected or confirmed.

Searchers narrow time frame of Merritt cowboy's disappearance

"At this point, RCMP say they have determined Tyner would've likely left on Sunday, however it's still not known how he got into the backcountry."

"We know of his whereabouts on Saturday night, so that gives us an extra day," Dunsmore explains. "We are still looking at how he may have gone up here, because we're still thinking that maybe he was driven up. So we don't know who would have driven him up, or if there's anybody out there that maybe brought him up with a truck and trailer, and we're looking for that person if that did happen."

Ahh, yes. I think on another site it was mentioned his whereabouts was at home but I don’t have a link. Maybe on FB official page is where It was.

BBM

This is a good point. Maybe just the horse was dropped off in that area.

I am thinking more and more about foul play now because if him or his horse was dropped off then the person would know that and is now denying it or its someone else and they are not saying they did drop him off. So the bottom line is if him or his horse was dropped off and they are not saying they did then that tells me they are involved with foul play.

Because there would be no other reason to not want to help and come forward right away with that news about dropping him or his horse off.

This is not good. I originally thought he just got lost out there and now I am very concerned this was all a big scheme after he met with foul play of a serious nature. Hope im wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member