CANADA Canada - Ben Tyner, 32, cowboy, horse returned w/o him, Merritt, British Columbia, 26 Jan 2019 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! This’s is what we’ve understood all along. And why search was initially suspended.

As many of us suspected, LE quickly ruled out Ben being found where Gunny was found. Obviously no one knows where Gunny was actually dropped, or when. So, there really was no starting point for a ground search.
LE can’t operate on such an assumption a rider-less horse = riding mishap, imo. Immediately they should have initiated an investigative case, collecting evidence, conducting interviews & so forth.
The fact LE didn’t announce this as a criminal case is not surprising. It bought time for them to get their ducks in a row & verify info they received, I think.
Moo

Jan 21st it was warm enough outside that we were doing a construction project leaving our house exposed to the outdoor temp all day. This is why I do not believe temp were not low enough yet when he went missing.

After much thought, it is moo Ben’s murderer might have returned Ben’s phone to his home or truck. The last thing the perp would want is for Ben’s phone to track him. Surely Ben utilized every app available for location services.
Again, MOO

From this link - video stating investigators searching feedlots and compost piles on Nicola Ranch. Also stating there is nothing new - that the investigation remains open and a priority and re-searching is being done in areas that were previously covered by snow. Also restating Ben last seen Saturday Jan 26 and riderless horse found Monday morning by a hunter (KR not mentioned by name here).

Thanks for posting. Some info from this report:

The reason why the province eclipses the national rate is a mystery, Minister Mike Farnworth said.

“I don’t know the answer to that,” he told the Star, earlier stressing “it’s been a problem in this province for a very long time.”

The Star began examining the problem last summer. Since then, another 17 people have been added to and remain on the B.C. RCMP’s missing persons webpage.

While the inquiry’s results could offer some answers and solutions, it is aimed at a particular demographic. The issue of missing people in B.C. affects more than Indigenous women, she said.

Missing persons cases are often associated with Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside but exist across the province, Farnworth said, attributing them to a range of issues.

From this link - video stating investigators searching feedlots and compost piles on Nicola Ranch. Also stating there is nothing new - that the investigation remains open and a priority and re-searching is being done in areas that were previously covered by snow. Also restating Ben last seen Saturday Jan 26 and riderless horse found Monday morning by a hunter (KR not mentioned by name here).

And it is most clear the family knew Ben was deceased. His brother speaks of Ben’s accomplishments “the short time he was here.” They truly had no hope. They wished, but they also knew, IMO. Reading FB posts from friends & close family offering condolences, left no doubt.

Speculating here

For me, this has always been related to Ben’s position at NR.
Let’s assume Ben was riding Gunny, close by the ranch at 2. Toss out the possibility he was headed to the mountain 2 hours before dark. If someone killed him, they had to have a stall or a trailer to immediately put Gunny in.

Now, assume Ben never rode, but was killed close to his home, maybe in a barn or outbuilding. The perp also had to have access to Ben’s tack & know Bens horse.

IMO, the list of suspects is very short with one primary suspect & another person as an accessory.

What is one the first things an astute business manager would do after settling in? IMO an inventory of the herd & equipment. Did Ben’s findings cause dissension?
Was Ben happy with the established team already in place? Or, was he planning to make some changes?

All moo & speculation.

Speculating here

For me, this has always been related to Ben’s position at NR.
Let’s assume Ben was riding Gunny, close by the ranch at 2. Toss out the possibility he was headed to the mountain 2 hours before dark. If someone killed him, they had to have a stall or a trailer to immediately put Gunny in.

Now, assume Ben never rode, but was killed close to his home, maybe in a barn or outbuilding. The perp also had to have access to Ben’s tack & know Bens horse.

IMO, the list of suspects is very short with one primary suspect & another person as an accessory.

What is one the first things an astute business manager would do after settling in? IMO an inventory of the herd & equipment. Did Ben’s findings cause dissension?
Was Ben happy with the established team already in place? Or, was he planning to make some changes?

All moo & speculation.
IMO as well, it's related to the ranch, either in a suspect or the location of the crime. It could be a personal attack from someone who was envious or angry over Ben's position, or over Ben's potential interest in a woman. In any case, the perp would have to have some knowledge how to handle a horse (saddle and bridle), trailer a horse and also have access to certain things belonging to Ben. Maybe a combo of both - a new love (or dating) interest for Ben angering someone he worked with. All my opinion and also keeping in mind the statement LE previously made that Ben was most likely targeted. To me that means he was singled out for some reason and some person wanted him out of the way. JMO

IMO as well, it's related to the ranch, either in a suspect or the location of the crime. It could be a personal attack from someone who was envious or angry over Ben's position, or over Ben's potential interest in a woman. In any case, the perp would have to have some knowledge how to handle a horse (saddle and bridle), trailer a horse and also have access to certain things belonging to Ben. Maybe a combo of both - a new love (or dating) interest for Ben angering someone he worked with. All my opinion and also keeping in mind the statement LE previously made that Ben was most likely targeted. To me that means he was singled out for some reason and some person wanted him out of the way. JMO

Good points!
I think either scenario possible. A scorned lover could also be in the ranching industry.
The lack of NR (owner) expressing concern or grief, absolutely no public statement sways me towards work related. Jmo, of course.

Good points!
I think either scenario possible. A scorned lover could also be in the ranching industry.
The lack of NR (owner) expressing concern or grief, absolutely no public statement sways me towards work related. Jmo, of course.
From what I have been told is owner of NR died and kids ended up with but don’t want it. They live Hong Kong. Not stating this is fact just what other locals told me.

Good points!

Regardless of why Ben went missing, how would that prevent the absentee foreign owner from expressing concern or grief over his sudden disappearance? More than likely they didn’t simply because they have no personal connection to the ranch whatsoever.

I recall the possibility of Ben’s family suing NR mentioned earlier but this is Canada. Our legislation involving civil suits is far different than in USA. Unless NR was directly negligent for Ben’s death, they wouldn’t be legally liable for another employees criminal behaviour, if that proves to be what occurred.

Regardless of why Ben went missing, how would that prevent the absentee foreign owner from expressing concern or grief over his sudden disappearance? More than likely they didn’t simply because they have no personal connection to the ranch whatsoever.

I recall the possibility of Ben’s family suing NR mentioned earlier but this is Canada. Our legislation involving civil suits is far different than in USA. Unless NR was directly negligent for Ben’s death, they wouldn’t be legally liable for another employees criminal behaviour, if that proves to be what occurred.
I don't recall reading anything about Ben's family suing anyone. Was that in an MSM article?

And without naming names here (it's easy enough to find the owner's name) he is friends with Ben on FB. They must have had some connection, IMO

Ben Tyner

I don't recall reading anything about Ben's family suing anyone. Was that in an MSM article?

And without naming names here (it's easy enough to find the owner's name) he is friends with Ben on FB. They must have had some connection, IMO

Ben Tyner

I must have missed who the owner was?

IMO the owner has a personal connection with the ranch. He is the contact person for the gift shop, his name is out here.
I would not rule out a civil suit. Despite different laws, suits can be brought. It is the insurance company that settles, afterall. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem