CANADA Canada - Ben Tyner, 32, cowboy, horse returned w/o him, Merritt, British Columbia, 26 Jan 2019 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Different missing men. Check the names on Seattle's link

Ryan Provencher, 38 and Richard Scurr, 37, were last seen in Surrey on July 17.

Believe it or not, there were two set of missing men. The teens are now named as suspects. Ryan and Richard are apparently still missing. MOO

Yes, it is very confusing. I kept checking and rechecking the names. Ryan and Richard may be a separate case.

All's good.
Found this article with more info on the suspects.

Two lifelong friends previously reported missing are now suspects in the homicides of a young tourist couple gunned down in Northern British Columbia last week, as well as in the suspicious death of another man whose body was found near the friends' burnt-out truck days later.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...g-persons-lucas-fowler-chynna-deese-1.5221657

ETA adding link to thread. Don't know if connected to Ben yet.
CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #2

Last edited:
All's good.
Found this article with more info on the suspects.

Two lifelong friends previously reported missing are now suspects in the homicides of a young tourist couple gunned down in Northern British Columbia last week, as well as in the suspicious death of another man whose body was found near the friends' burnt-out truck days later.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...g-persons-lucas-fowler-chynna-deese-1.5221657

ETA adding link to thread. Don't know if connected to Ben yet.
CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #2
These are the 2 missing men near where Ben went missing
CANADA - Canada - Ryan Provencher, 38, & Richard Scurr, 37, jeep found abandoned, Surrey, B.C, 17 July 2019
Their car has been found at Logan Lake.

From admin of FB Page for Ben Missing and to keep this thread front and center.

"6 month mark of not knowing where you are. Im sorry I haven’t been able to help bring closure for you and your family. You are on the minds of so many . Waiting really is the hard part. PLEASE if you have the missing piece of the puzzle come forward. Set yourself free and so you can stop looking over your shoulder. Forgiveness is freedom. May you find that in your heart. Come home Ben. We are never giving up"

MISSING: BEN TYNER

And to add to Zecats, if you think you might know something, but feel silly (as you think your probably wrong) drop an anonymous tip. If you overheard something only part way at the pub, or saw something out of sorts. I understand you being afraid to look foolish or worse yet come forward and become a target, but do it anonymously. Type it and mail it to a close friend even in the states and ask them to not look, but post that letter for you. You can get around giving a tip anonymously truly. I so want poor Ben found. IMHO

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...appearances-of-4-men-somehow-linked-1.5232132

b-c-interior-missing-men.jpg

Missing men from left to right: Luke Neville, Richard Scurr, Ryan Provencher and Ben Tyner. (RCMP)

The family of a man who vanished without a trace in Spences Bridge almost two years ago says there are parallels to the case of two missing Surrey men that the RCMP should be investigating.

Luke Neville was last seen in Spences Bridge on Oct. 9, 2017. His burned out white van was found on a nearby forest service road the following day.

Surrey men Ryan Provencher and Richard Scurr have been missing since July 17. Their white Jeep Cherokee was discovered abandoned on a forest service road near Logan Lake.

Speaking from Ottawa, Mark Neville said when he heard about Provencher and Scurr, he was struck by how similar the the circumstances were to his brother's disappearance.

"Logan Lake is only 50 kilometres as the crow flies from Spences Bridge," said Neville. "Their vehicle was found on a forest service road and [we] read that they were headed to Spences Bridge ... I mean, it just sounds so familiar."

Neville believes the case of missing cowboy Ben Tyner should also be looked into for possible connections.

Tyner vanished from the Merritt area in January after riding into the hills to look for cattle. His abandoned horse was found fully saddled on a forest service road northwest of Merritt two days later.

"Again, it's only 50 to 60 kilometres from Spences Bridge," said Neville. "I keep hoping every day that the police would call and say we're starting to connect all the dots. But no, I haven't heard anything from the police about if there's any commonality between the cases. But I feel that there is —that's just my gut."

[...]

In April, members of the RCMP Southeast District Major Crime Unit were back in the Merritt area searching for any trace of Tyner. They have said very little about his disappearance except that they believe there is criminality involved.

There's renewed interest in this and Luke Neville case, since their horse and car, respectively, were found on logging roads in the same region of BC as Ryan Provencher & Richard Scurr's vehicle were found. Neville's brother believes there is a connection. However, some folks asking if Scurr & Provencher are victims or serial killers? Their vehicle was found on forest service road & Provencher owns property in Spences Bridge, where he and Scurr spend a lot of time.

Some Canadian sleuths (and members of Schmegelsky's family) believe that Scurr & Provencher killed Fowler & Deese on Jul 14th (Scurr closely matches man seen by witnesses arguing with Fowler in road), returned home to get supplies on 17th then headed back north on run, on the way kidnapped homebound teen suspects Schmegelsky & McLeod on 18th, taking their vehicle, then killed Dyck & burnt boys vehicle on 19th, then traveled w/ teens to MB, later killing them. Scurr allegedly has violent criminal past and did several stints in prison. He was/is a Hells Angels. Article on one of his arrest from 2005 that a Schmegelsky family friend posted: Prince George Free Press » Cops continue clampdown

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...appearances-of-4-men-somehow-linked-1.5232132

b-c-interior-missing-men.jpg

Missing men from left to right: Luke Neville, Richard Scurr, Ryan Provencher and Ben Tyner. (RCMP)

The family of a man who vanished without a trace in Spences Bridge almost two years ago says there are parallels to the case of two missing Surrey men that the RCMP should be investigating.

Luke Neville was last seen in Spences Bridge on Oct. 9, 2017. His burned out white van was found on a nearby forest service road the following day.

Surrey men Ryan Provencher and Richard Scurr have been missing since July 17. Their white Jeep Cherokee was discovered abandoned on a forest service road near Logan Lake.

Speaking from Ottawa, Mark Neville said when he heard about Provencher and Scurr, he was struck by how similar the the circumstances were to his brother's disappearance.

"Logan Lake is only 50 kilometres as the crow flies from Spences Bridge," said Neville. "Their vehicle was found on a forest service road and [we] read that they were headed to Spences Bridge ... I mean, it just sounds so familiar."

Neville believes the case of missing cowboy Ben Tyner should also be looked into for possible connections.

Tyner vanished from the Merritt area in January after riding into the hills to look for cattle. His abandoned horse was found fully saddled on a forest service road northwest of Merritt two days later.

"Again, it's only 50 to 60 kilometres from Spences Bridge," said Neville. "I keep hoping every day that the police would call and say we're starting to connect all the dots. But no, I haven't heard anything from the police about if there's any commonality between the cases. But I feel that there is —that's just my gut."

[...]

In April, members of the RCMP Southeast District Major Crime Unit were back in the Merritt area searching for any trace of Tyner. They have said very little about his disappearance except that they believe there is criminality involved.

One thing of note is that Logan Lake is not on the way to Spences Bridge from Surrey, and Surrey RCMP originally tweeted (a few days after their vehicle was found) they had received word that Scurr & Provencher had reached Spences Bridge, but were apparently no longer there. Their vehicle was found on July 22nd, but could have been left days earlier.

There's renewed interest in this and Luke Neville case, since their horse and car, respectively, were found on logging roads in the same region of BC as Ryan Provencher & Richard Scurr's vehicle were found. Neville's brother believes there is a connection. However, some folks asking if Scurr & Provencher are victims or serial killers? Their vehicle was found on forest service road & Provencher owns property in Spences Bridge, where he and Scurr spend a lot of time.

Some Canadian sleuths (and members of Schmegelsky's family) believe that Scurr & Provencher killed Fowler & Deese on Jul 14th (Scurr closely matches man seen by witnesses arguing with Fowler in road), returned home to get supplies on 17th then headed back north on run, on the way kidnapped homebound teen suspects Schmegelsky & McLeod on 18th, taking their vehicle, then killed Dyck & burnt boys vehicle on 19th, then traveled w/ teens to MB, later killing them. Scurr allegedly has violent criminal past and did several stints in prison. He was/is a Hells Angels. Article on one of his arrest from 2005 that a Schmegelsky family friend posted: Prince George Free Press » Cops continue clampdown
Highly improbable.

The bodies of both men were located near Spences Bridge.

2 bodies found near Ashcroft confirmed to be missing men from Surrey
From your link:
"Two bodies found near Ashcroft have been confirmed to be Ryan Provencher and Richard Scurr, who were reported missing from Surrey in July.

A major police investigation is now underway.

The bodies were found on Aug. 17 by Lytton RCMP officers in a rural area near Spences Bridge. It's believed there was criminality involved in their death."

They have been found and it's a homicide investigation. Now to find Ben as well, so justice can be served for all these men and the others missing in this area.

From your link:
"Two bodies found near Ashcroft have been confirmed to be Ryan Provencher and Richard Scurr, who were reported missing from Surrey in July.

A major police investigation is now underway.

The bodies were found on Aug. 17 by Lytton RCMP officers in a rural area near Spences Bridge. It's believed there was criminality involved in their death."

They have been found and it's a homicide investigation. Now to find Ben as well, so justice can be served for all these men and the others missing in this area.
May they rest in peace. How sad. Lots of missing men this past year- it is unreal how many, and not the usual missing hiker stories. Scary.

Police say no connection with the recent discovery of the two men from Surrey. Back to waiting for a break to solve Ben’s disappearance.

BBM

“Staff Sgt. Janelle Shoihet says she believes their deaths were targeted and isolated.

There’s absolutely no link to the northern B.C. homicides (of Chynna Deese, Lucas Fowler or Leonard Dyck), or any other ongoing or previous investigations in the Southeast district,” she said....”

Sister of one of two missing Surrey men found dead hopes her brother is ‘at peace’ | The Star

Bump for Ben for his 32nd birthday. (Yesterday 8-25). Frustrating case, for sure!
So sad for his mom and family.

MISSING: BEN TYNER

What Ben's mom wrote was truly beautiful. I feel for his family and friends so very much. Really hope he gets to go home soon. He seem to be a truly awesome human being, very loved and missed. IMO Where are you Ben? Someone has to know something, and I really hope the weight of the guilt is unbearable, and they talk. JMO

ETA: a word.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back