CANADA Canada - Ben Tyner, 32, cowboy, horse returned w/o him, Merritt, British Columbia, 26 Jan 2019 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't help feeling like this is going to be somehow important. My husband's cubicle mate is about the same height and weight and he is a BIG dude. Not someone you could just go running up to and snatch up. So that tells me that we're either dealing with some sort of bizarre accident, OR someone used a weapon- if so, that weapon has to be somewhere, does anyone have a weapon that is missing?- OR more than one person was involved. Maybe just two, but I'm not sure you wouldn't need at least three to take down a guy this size in good shape. If the last, were any groups of buddies absent from their usual hangouts in the timeframe we're talking about? Argh, I'm sure LE has gone over all this a million times, but this case is driving me NUTS.
The element of surprise is a factor too. No matter the size of a person, if they're not expecting to be attacked, they can be caught off guard and overpowered. Someone or more than one planned this "targeted" Ben and surely it was a sneak attack and/or more than one against just him. IMO

At this point I'm open to all theories, including Bigfoot and Elvis in a UFO. This is another one of those maddening cases where I got nothing.

It is maddening, indeed!
I think in the US, we would have an arrest.
It sickened me to see LE sifting thru the feedlot area.
I’m afraid the culprit knows thecatea so well, there’s no chance Ben will ever be found.

The element of surprise is a factor too. No matter the size of a person, if they're not expecting to be attacked, they can be caught off guard and overpowered. Someone or more than one planned this "targeted" Ben and surely it was a sneak attack and/or more than one against just him. IMO

So true Ze, and I believe Ben was caught off guard, summoned outside by someone known to him......walking straight into danger, the culprit had premeditated.
It irks me there’s no arrest/s. NR has a small payroll, LE believes the crime happened there, sooooooooo?
IMO, a stranger did not venture on NR property to kill the GM, so the list in my mind is ever so short. I do feel the culprit has an alibi that LE can’t break.

This question might not provide answers about Ben but how and why was he hired at NR:
Was Ben specifically seeking work in Canada and used a search firm/agency to find a job.
Was NR specifically seeking an American to work at the ranch and used same agency as Ben.
Why didn't NR hire a Canadian from western Canada who would be more familiar with the area.
It appears Ben has an impressive background and in fact worked in Russia at one time so maybe that was one reason NR hired him to get another perspective.
Was Ben recommended to NR by another ranch in the area.
Did Ben have any connections to the RCMP and they recommend him to NR.
Maybe Ben was working undercover for the RCMP and something went wrong.
Maybe its entirely innocent as to how Ben and NR came together and has nothing to with his disappearance.

This question might not provide answers about Ben but how and why was he hired at NR:
Was Ben specifically seeking work in Canada and used a search firm/agency to find a job.
Was NR specifically seeking an American to work at the ranch and used same agency as Ben.
Why didn't NR hire a Canadian from western Canada who would be more familiar with the area.
It appears Ben has an impressive background and in fact worked in Russia at one time so maybe that was one reason NR hired him to get another perspective.
Maybe its entirely innocent as to how Ben and NR came together and has nothing to with his disappearance.

If I recall correctly -- NR consolidated after financial difficulties, and BT's position was more that of three or four -- all rolled into one, and BT was up for the challenge.

I'm aware NR previously advertised nationally-- not sure if this was happening when BT solicited for the job.

MOO

I think if you can go back to the first thread, you’ll find answers to many of your questions, fortunately, there’s only two other threads. There’s not a lot of links, either.
Also, thru the official BT page, Ben & his family have Canadian ties, I believe on the paternal side.
Once the owner of NR passed away, the heirs of the estate made massive changes, restructuring, etc. a local mentioned “For Sale” signs also.
Iir, thread two I posted a few links regarding the financial struggles NR faced & info on ownership.
Ben’s bro insinuated Ben enjoyed relocating & experiencing new cultures.

3 more murders in BC being investigated including an Australian man that had been working on a cattle ranch in Hudson's Hope -- about 500 miles from Merritt.

His American girlfriend had just joined him at the ranch a week ago to watch "branding of the cows," and the couple were on their way to Alaska when found dead on the road near Liard Hot Springs. The couple were described to be found shot in a horrific manner.

The 3rd man was discovered close to where the body of the couple discovered, after Officers were called to a truck fire south of the Stikine River Bridge on Highway 37 when a passing motorist told them they had just seen what they believed to be a body at a nearby Highway pullout.

Officers don't believe the crime scenes of the couple and man are related. Suggestions of a serial killer were also refuted.

Australian man and girlfriend murdered in Canada travelled world together after meeting in Croatia | Daily Mail Online

At this point I'm open to all theories, including Bigfoot and Elvis in a UFO. This is another one of those maddening cases where I got nothing.
I'll take Elvis for 500, please.

Seriously, this is a tough one. I can't believe the poor man hasn't been found yet. Not even a trace of him, other than his horse, right?

3 more murders in BC being investigated including an Australian man that had been working on a cattle ranch in Hudson's Hope -- about 500 miles from Merritt.

His American girlfriend had just joined him at the ranch a week ago to watch "branding of the cows," and the couple were on their way to Alaska when found dead on the road near Liard Hot Springs. The couple were described to be found shot in a horrific manner.

The 3rd man was discovered close to where the body of the couple discovered, after Officers were called to a truck fire south of the Stikine River Bridge on Highway 37 when a passing motorist told them they had just seen what they believed to be a body at a nearby Highway pullout.

Officers don't believe the crime scenes of the couple and man are related. Suggestions of a serial killer were also refuted.

Australian man and girlfriend murdered in Canada travelled world together after meeting in Croatia | Daily Mail Online

Although the recent double homicide occurred in BC and mentions cattle ranching, the two locations are a very long ways apart, a drive of about 18 hours. The possible serial killer speculation refers to the Highway of Tears, highway 16, another northern BC hwy connected with numerous disappearances and unsolved murders for many years. But that’s a long way from Merritt, BC as well.

Although the recent double homicide occurred in BC and mentions cattle ranching, the two locations are a very long ways apart, a drive of about 18 hours. The possible serial killer speculation refers to the Highway of Tears, highway 16, another northern BC hwy connected with numerous disappearances and unsolved murders for many years. But that’s a long way from Merritt, BC as well.
And they all remain unsolved. So I guess there's that....

It's frustrating that we don't know where and with whom he was last seen, and who he was seen by.
Has any cell phone info been released? Who did he speak with last, phone pings etc?
Nice guy just doing the job he loved and poof! Gone.
As I recall, his phone was found either in his truck or in his home. Ben did not have it with him.

As do Luke Neville and Dean Morrison.

A documentary was recently made regarding Ryan Shtuka’s mysterious disappearance near Kamloops. There’s a thread here on WS as well.

Kamloops comes out in full force to support the premiere of the Ryan Shtuka documentary
“I stand here on behalf of the parents of Ben Tyner, Dean Morrison, Madison Scott, Ashley Simpson, Jordan Holling, Maddie Atway, Tommy Harrington, and Chris Coture, a few of the many that find themselves in the same dark place. I stand here before you, not to forget our children for they are so dearly loved and incredibly missed, our children deserve the right to come home for they all matter."

It's frustrating that we don't know where and with whom he was last seen, and who he was seen by.
Has any cell phone info been released? Who did he speak with last, phone pings etc?
Nice guy just doing the job he loved and poof! Gone.

Yes the RCMP have gone very quiet but usually that’s a good sign to mean the investigation is proceeding and they don’t require any assistance from the general public. Given the small size of the community they have the ability of contacting locals without involving the media. Hopefully they’re making progress.

From what I've heard from other ranch managers who are family members, NR posted a job and not many who know the company were interested in working for them so Ben very likely responded to an advertised position. He was qualified so there's no reason to believe he wouldn't get the job.

Nobody has ever mentioned him working with the RCMP but if the RCMP wanted someone to work undercover, I would think they'd likely look at someone who didn't need a work visa to do the job.

It's not unlikely that a ranch manager may have stepped on a few toes by way of restructuring, reviewing inventory, etc and the RCMP have said they feel he was targeted. It could be from something work related, something in his personal/social life or related to the other men who have gone missing in the same general area.

2 other missing men
At around the same time as the reports of the three unexplained deaths and two missing people came another police news release about two Surrey men whose Jeep was found abandoned in Logan Lake, south of Kamloops.

Ryan Provencher, 38 and Richard Scurr, 37, were last seen in Surrey on July 17.

richard-scurr-ryan-provencher-surrey-missing.jpg

Richard Scurr, left, and Ryan Provencher, right, were last seen getting into a white 2019 Jeep Cherokee in Surrey, B.C., on July 17. The Jeep was later found, empty, near Logan Lake. (Surrey RCMP)

Police have not specified when the vehicle was found. They say it is out of character for either man to be out of touch with family.

News reports have drawn parallels between the disappearances of two different sets of men, but Logan Lake is located 1,400 kilometres between the sites where their vehicles are found.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-killed-missing-alaska-highway-1.5220571

*Logan Lake is less than 30 mi from Merritt, BC

2 other missing men
At around the same time as the reports of the three unexplained deaths and two missing people came another police news release about two Surrey men whose Jeep was found abandoned in Logan Lake, south of Kamloops.

richard-scurr-ryan-provencher-surrey-missing.jpg

Richard Scurr, left, and Ryan Provencher, right, were last seen getting into a white 2019 Jeep Cherokee in Surrey, B.C., on July 17. The Jeep was later found, empty, near Logan Lake. (Surrey RCMP)

Police have not specified when the vehicle was found. They say it is out of character for either man to be out of touch with family.

News reports have drawn parallels between the disappearances of two different sets of men, but Logan Lake is located 1,400 kilometres between the sites where their vehicles are found.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-killed-missing-alaska-highway-1.5220571

*Logan Lake is less than 30 mi from Merritt, BC

Apparently the article on your link has been updated.

'The deaths of three people in Northern B.C. and the revelation that two young men — previously considered missing — are now the main suspects have set Canadians on edge.

In a bombshell news conference on Tuesday, the RCMP said Port Alberni, B.C., teens Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky are now wanted in the homicides of tourists Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese, and in the suspicious death of an unidentified man found near Dease Lake, B.C.

McLeod, 19, and Schmegelsky, 18, are still at large.'

Apparently the article on your link has been updated.

'The deaths of three people in Northern B.C. and the revelation that two young men — previously considered missing — are now the main suspects have set Canadians on edge.

In a bombshell news conference on Tuesday, the RCMP said Port Alberni, B.C., teens Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky are now wanted in the homicides of tourists Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese, and in the suspicious death of an unidentified man found near Dease Lake, B.C.

McLeod, 19, and Schmegelsky, 18, are still at large.'
Different missing men. Check the names on Seattle's link

Believe it or not, there were two set of missing men. The teens are now named as suspects. Ryan and Richard are apparently still missing. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi
Back