CANADA Canada - Ben Tyner, 32, cowboy, horse returned w/o him, Merritt, British Columbia, 26 Jan 2019 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just noticing this article from last Dec which probably has absolutely no connection to Ben’s mysterious disappearance while Manager of Nicola Ranch, although the right-to-roam versus private property rights appears to have been highly controversial and ongoing feud in and around Nicola Valley at the time of his disappearance.

British Columbians fight US billionaire for ‘right to roam’ in wild | Vancouver Sun
Thanks for posting, that is an interesting article.
I tend to believe that Ben was 'disappeared' for personal reasons related to his employment on the Nicola Ranch. Moo.

6 men missing in same region of B.C.'s southern Interior, but no links in cases, police say
August 30, 2020

Snipped...
  • Ben Tyner, 32 — last seen Jan. 26, 2019
Tyner, a working cowboy, vanished from the Merritt area after riding into the hills to look for cattle. His abandoned horse was found fully saddled on a forest service road northwest of the city two days later. An extensive search by volunteers and police on foot, horseback, in helicopters and on snowmobiles, found no trace.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...or-but-no-links-in-cases-police-say-1.5702425

6 men missing in same region of B.C.'s southern Interior, but no links in cases, police say
August 30, 2020
I picture the area as very rugged and woody. Maybe the commonality with some of these cases, remote areas or forest service roads, is because the environment is largely like this, or maybe someone took advantage of the remoteness to hide their activities. Two of the cases involved burned vehicles-but one there was no evidence of criminality? Seems odd. Are there any local known arsonists, in jail maybe? I wonder if any were socially connected, like knew the same people or person, or frequented the same places. Any local cults suckering in lonely victims? Want to know more about these coincidences.

Snipped...

BenTyner.jpg

Hard to believe we're just two months away from marking the second anniversary of Ben missing.

Special thoughts and prayers for Ben's family and friends as we enter the holiday season.

ETA: add photo link
Tyner case remains cold - Merritt Herald

Jen Overstreet Tyner
December 24, 2020 at 8:31 PM ·
Merry Christmas to all! We hope you and yours are able to celebrate with each other in whatever way you can.
This is a bittersweet holiday for us; Christmas was always special for Ben. The song attached reminds me of Ben-sometimes it makes me cry and other times it makes me grin. It’s hard for us to get excited, yet it is such a special time celebrating the birth of Jesus.
We are still in weekly contact with MCU and the FBI has been quite helpful as of late. We hope and pray good news is on the way.
We are always grateful for the prayers and postings that our online friends send us. You are certainly very special to us!
Now that 2020 is almost done, we hope and pray that all of you are blessed with goodness, health and fun in 2021.

RSBBM

Is the ranch still in operation? Under the same management?

I’m a little late with my reply and frankly I’ve been wondering the same thing as you. The ranch is owned by Coquihalla Developments Corp, doing business as Nicola Ranch. I don’t recall if it was owned by that company when BT went missing but I remember the name of the VP was discussed here regarding ownership.

I notice a couple recent job postings for irrigation and seasonal workers so the ranch is still operational -
WorkBC Merritt - Merritt BC Job Board

Coquihalla Developments Corp -
https://www.dnb.com/business-direct...oration.a573e723a89e5f44808e1416421bc421.html

I’m a little late with my reply and frankly I’ve been wondering the same thing as you. The ranch is owned by Coquihalla Developments Corp, doing business as Nicola Ranch. I don’t recall if it was owned by that company when BT went missing but I remember the name of the VP was discussed here regarding ownership.

I notice a couple recent job postings for irrigation and seasonal workers so the ranch is still operational -
WorkBC Merritt - Merritt BC Job Board

Coquihalla Developments Corp -
https://www.dnb.com/business-direct...oration.a573e723a89e5f44808e1416421bc421.html
They've been ranching that land for 160 years, dating back to the Gold Rush, it'll be a sad day when they turn it into suburban homes, I hope I never see it.

2 years after his riderless horse was found, police believe Merritt cowboy was killed - Surrey Now-Leader

Two years after he went missing, RCMP say they believe Ben Tyner, a Merritt cowboy, was the victim of homicide.

His family is offering a $15,000 reward for information that leads to finding Tyner and to the arrest of the person or persons responsible for his death, according to a police news release.
RCMP Southeast District Major Crime Unit is in charge of the investigation. The release states that in order to protect their ongoing efforts, police cannot release the details that lead them to believe Tyner is a homicide victim.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back