CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Think I figured it out?

Think I figured it out?

You did!

If anyone goes back to that point in the threads, we were posting as the information linking AP & JS to Harlo was live in their websites.

The information is scrubbed now and the links are dead, but we took screenshots and quoted the Harlo sources. (Deugirtni, for the most part).

KD has said JS is still involved.

There is also the Stubbs route.
Walking east on Bannatyne Dr you can hit a street called Stubbs Dr.
Stubbs is very interesting in my opinion. Stubbs is a dead end street with an apartment building at the end.
Not as affluent as the rest of the area. Not as many cameras .
Here is what strikes me. Stubbs ends at Lesley so you would think that's not a viable escape route, except there is a staircase at the dead end that takes you onto Lesley. It's a part of Lesley with nothing in the way of business or residential properties facing that staircase.
I would also think that you would have to be very familiar with the area to know about this little area and staircase. Could be the perfect escape route.
Sorry, I don't think was clear. I am not great at this so be patient with me guys. I meant to add that because Stubbs is a dead end street it would not be a good escape route but then there is the staircase that changes everything.
Many months ago I had postulated that there could have been a 'safe house' in the apartment building at 44 Stubbs, or in the Windfield Estates Townhouse complex due south of 44 Stubbs.

Advantage of a 'safe house' so close.

= Within walking distance of 50 Old Colony
= Easy to surveil nearby Old Colony residence.
= No need to use other transportation where cameras and witnesses can observe.
= In Apartment Buildings and Town House complexes, people are relatively anonymous.
= No Hotel staff monitoring who comes and goes.

If I were involved in this sort of work, it would be my choice.

Many months ago I had postulated that there could have been a 'safe house' in the apartment building at 44 Stubbs, or in the Windfield Estates Townhouse complex due south of 44 Stubbs.

Advantage of a 'safe house' so close.

= Within walking distance of 50 Old Colony
= Easy to surveil nearby Old Colony residence.
= No need to use other transportation where cameras and witnesses can observe.
= In Apartment Buildings and Town House complexes, people are relatively anonymous.
= No Hotel staff monitoring who comes and goes.

If I were involved in this sort of work, it would be my choice.

I think I read your posts at the time and my brain recorded it as a possibility, but I didn’t recall everything you said. Then while looking at maps recently Stubbs stood out, likely because of what you wrote and now KD has said the NW likely made it to Leslie. That means your idea works: it’s right in that path.
13D62139-07A8-4136-9153-B5480B1FB6D8.jpeg
(Image from google maps.)
The WM couldn’t go directly through the synagogue area because there were people there.

But I imagine, and hope, the TPS checked out that apartment?

I did a search on your posts about Stubbs, just posting it for reference. I’m going to re-read them. Search results for query: stubbs

ETA: It also fits because Barry left Apotex at around 8:30. It was an approximate 20-30 minute drive. Google indicates it would take about 25 minutes to walk from that Stubbs apartment to 50 Old Colony. So maybe the WM’s starting point had to be within a 20-30 minute walking range because that’s the same driving time to Apotex. (?)

Last edited:
I think I read your posts at the time and my brain recorded it as a possibility, but I didn’t recall everything you said. Then while looking at maps recently Stubbs stood out, likely because of what you wrote and now KD has said the NW likely made it to Leslie. That means your idea works: it’s right in that path.
View attachment 429084
(Image from google maps.)
The WM couldn’t go directly through the synagogue area because there were people there.

But I imagine, and hope, the TPS checked out that apartment?

I did a search on your posts about Stubbs, just posting it for reference. I’m going to re-read them. Search results for query: stubbs

ETA: It also fits because Barry left Apotex at around 8:30. It was an approximate 20-30 minute drive. Google indicates it would take about 25 minutes to walk from that Stubbs apartment to 50 Old Colony. So maybe the WM’s starting point had to be within a 20-30 minute walking range because that’s the same driving time to Apotex. (?)
The killer could have easily walked past the synagogue Undetected. After all, LE Never bothered to interview anyone at the synagogue that night (per KD reporting). One has to wonder why not?

View attachment 429121
What makes Stubbs so interesting to me is the staircase down to Lesley st. There is nothing on the opposite side of the road. No business, no residential so no cameras. Walking out onto Lesley directly off of Bannatyne would mean the NW/WM would be facing the side of the KEG and various other business's.

Airbnb was seriously active in the Toronto in 2014, three years before the Sherman's deaths.

It likely would be very pretty difficult to learn if there were any listings for short term rentals in the 44 Stubbs locale in the fall/winter of 2017.

Might have been a private listing on a bulletin board, so records might not even exist today. However, it would not hurt to check with Building Managements.

Maybe some snowbirds, who go south every winter and offer their apartment or townhouse for sub-let could be still doing it.

I’m so shocked by the second episode’s cliffhanger. I’m putting under a spoiler because I’m guessing many people haven’t seen it yet.

(From KD’s Crave documentary ‘The Billionaire Murders’, end of second episode.)—

An Apotex lawyer spoke about when FD’A would visit BS. This lawyer had an office close to Barry’s.

He said despite closing his doors and the walls in between, he could hear FD’A yelling at BS.

“What I heard was verbal abuse. And Barry took it for years and years and years.”

I’ll go back and get the person’s name. The preview for the next episode had him expanding on what he heard.

Last edited:
I haven’t seen the documentary yet so I’ve skipped over that.

What I find interesting is that KD feels strongly that there are two killers, and he also seems to think that the NW is possibly a lookout, not necessarily the actual murderer. This, despite the police calling the NW “the killer” in police documents.

This strongly suggests to me that KD has some other information that gives him confidence that there is a second person in/around the Shermans’ home that night. Otherwise, would he state his theory of a 2-person job so plainly, just on sheer belief? MOO.

I haven’t seen the documentary yet so I’ve skipped over that.

What I find interesting is that KD feels strongly that there are two killers, and he also seems to think that the NW is possibly a lookout, not necessarily the actual murderer. This, despite the police calling the NW “the killer” in police documents.

This strongly suggests to me that KD has some other information that gives him confidence that there is a second person in/around the Shermans’ home that night. Otherwise, would he state his theory of a 2-person job so plainly, just on sheer belief? MOO.

I don’t know if it has anything to do with it, and I’m sure KD has better reasons, but in the ITOs the police mark the WM’s path and he walks on Old Colony and accesses the home on the west side.

However, the police focused on that Forest Heights home that was the backyard neighbour of the Shermans. KD believes the WM cut through their property. (So, two people, or the information changes.)
I haven’t read all the ITOs, so maybe the WM map and information gets updated at some point.

I don’t think the WM enters via Old Colony and exits the Forest Heights home or vice versa. The police said he is shown on cctv going into an area tight to the Sherman home, spends a suspicious amount of time there, does not pass through, and exits.

The ‘does not pass through’ * makes me think he exited the way he arrived, but that’s just my interpretation.

ITO maps and comments:

Quote from LE press conference about the WM:

“Sure. So the that's a good question. So, this footage is not the only footage of this individual that we have. We have done an exhaustive video canvass of the whole area. And we have—based on the timing of when we understand when we believe the murders took place—we have this individual coming into a very defined area, around the Sherman's household, and remaining in that area for a period, and then leaving from that area.

So we have been unable to identify what purpose that person had to be within that defined area.

And therefore —and the timing is in line with our belief as to when this these murders took place. And so that is why we classify this individual as a suspect.

(Journalist) I just wanted to know if this video has been shared with the members of the Sherman family and if they were able to give you any information as to whether they know, or are unable to recognize, this person.

(BP): I did share with the Sherman family. And, as always, my conversations with them will remain private. But they have been very supportive and very helpful, all the way through this investigation. And I look forward to their continued support.

(Journalist) Yes, quite a unique gait that he has, the way he walks with that right foot picking it up. You mentioned there was other video. Why not release the other videos of the suspect?

(BP) The reason is that this is amongst the best images of this individual that we have. So we've sort of chosen the best one that has the greatest likelihood of somebody being able to identify this individual. So that's why we've chosen to release this one.

(Journalist) You mentioned that this individual was seen going into a defined area. What do you mean by that? That are they going on to the Sherman's property? Are they on public property walking down the street.. like… what do you mean by defined area? And like so? I mean, what makes that of interest?

(BP) Yeah, so. So in our exhaustive video canvas, we were able to get images from nearby: on either side, kind of, and around the Sherman household. This individual walks into that area—does not continue to walk through—but remains in that area that's not covered by video footage, and remains in there and then comes back out sometime later.”

''Now, Donovan’s reporting has inspired a four part docuseries,Billionaire Murders,” which is streaming on Crave. The series is a riveting play-by-play of the case, told through Donovan’s perspective.

That approach came from Joe Danisi, the executive producer and director of the series. “Joe came in as an outsider and said, ‘I want to follow it through Kevin’s eyes,’” said Donovan in an interview.''

''If there had been an arrest that first day, there wouldn’t have been a book or documentary,” said Donovan. “Human nature wants answers, and people like to feel that they’re playing a part in finding those answers.”

Invariably, Donovan added, everyone he meets seems to have their own pet theory about the case.

“There’s a very active community out there on Reddit and Websleuths that go down a lot of rabbit holes,” said Donovan, noting that he prefers a “fact-based approach” to his reporting.''

“I have hoped, as a citizen of Toronto and a taxpayer that I would one day find out there was a grand plan where the police were trying to make it seem as if it was a murder-suicide so they could do some secret undercover operation with wiretaps and catch the killer,” said Donovan. “I no longer believe that at all.”

''Instead, Donovan said the case was botched from the start, noting that his sources have said “the pathologist blames the police for not saying it was a double-murder, and the police blame the pathologist for saying it’s undetermined and maybe a murder suicide.”

Donovan said the case will be challenging to bring to court: “A defence lawyer for person or people X is going to have a field day.”

''Now, Donovan’s reporting has inspired a four part docuseries,Billionaire Murders,” which is streaming on Crave. The series is a riveting play-by-play of the case, told through Donovan’s perspective.

That approach came from Joe Danisi, the executive producer and director of the series. “Joe came in as an outsider and said, ‘I want to follow it through Kevin’s eyes,’” said Donovan in an interview.''

''If there had been an arrest that first day, there wouldn’t have been a book or documentary,” said Donovan. “Human nature wants answers, and people like to feel that they’re playing a part in finding those answers.”

Invariably, Donovan added, everyone he meets seems to have their own pet theory about the case.

“There’s a very active community out there on Reddit and Websleuths that go down a lot of rabbit holes,” said Donovan, noting that he prefers a “fact-based approach” to his reporting.''

“I have hoped, as a citizen of Toronto and a taxpayer that I would one day find out there was a grand plan where the police were trying to make it seem as if it was a murder-suicide so they could do some secret undercover operation with wiretaps and catch the killer,” said Donovan. “I no longer believe that at all.”

''Instead, Donovan said the case was botched from the start, noting that his sources have said “the pathologist blames the police for not saying it was a double-murder, and the police blame the pathologist for saying it’s undetermined and maybe a murder suicide.”

Donovan said the case will be challenging to bring to court: “A defence lawyer for person or people X is going to have a field day.”

That’s a great post, and OMG! he’s heard of us?
And, oh no, OMG, he’s heard of us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members