CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2022 rbbm
''A person walking in from the lone entry door would have seen Honey at the far end of the pool (40 feet away). Honey was in profile, the left side of her body the first part visible. She is fully dressed, wearing dark pants, a blouse and a blue vest. Her rear end is on the floor, her legs stretched out in front. Her shoes, simple black slip-ons (she had perpetually sore feet and liked a comfortable shoe), are almost touching the wall that faces the pool.''
One has to wonder if her slip on shoes were replaced after a struggle, like Barry's glasses. Perhaps more staging. IMO

The restaurant has recently announced that it is closing, hopefully the cold case murder of the original owner heats up.

rbbm 2020
''Daughter Alexandra and her husband Brad told police they sent photos of their children by text message on Thursday, getting no response. That Thursday night, son Jonathon had a planned dinner with friends from his summer camp days (including friend Josh Scheinert) at the Country Style Hungarian restaurant on Bloor Street in Toronto. Scheinert says the friends grew up with fond memories of the Old Colony house. Another attendee recalls that at the dinner, the old camp friends joked about having one last party at the house, and those at the dinner felt awful when they realized the next day that the Shermans were “lying dead at that time in the house.”''
There is an interesting side story to the dinner with friends at country style.
For quite a long time after the murders.
The story was that that dinner was on the Wednesday night, December 13th.
Perfect alibi if you could be considered a suspect.
During one of JD’s interviews with someone who was at that dinner, KD asked if there was anything he could show to prove that the dinner was on the Wednesday night.
From what I remember hearing and reading the person was adamant it was the 13th.
He checked his calendar and realized that he was wrong and in fact it was on the Thursday night.
I’m pretty sure KD wrote about this.
I will try and find the article.
This was before JS showed KD the photo of his hand on the paper taken in his home in King City on the Wednesday night.
Always wondered about that too.
Why did he need to put his hand or fingers on the paper.
Was it windy INSIDE that house ?
Did that piece of paper have special powers, could it float away ?
It’s so much easier to just take the phone in both hands and snap the pic.
Ok, now I am laughing. I have images in my head of all of you trying it with one hand or two.

O.J. Simpson's former house in Brentwood was torn down too. No murder was committed there, as far as anyone knows, but the association with him was just too much it seems, and it was far more marketable as a valuable building lot.
The Canadian Air Force burned the convicted serial murderer Williams' uniforms so that no one would have them as a ghoulish souvenir. I think that was a good thing to do.
I hope some of the Sherman's photos and other papers were not blowing around a dump somewhere. IMO
They had to have been trashed with everything else.
The photographer that slipped in said that there were personal items everywhere. He went in on the Saturday, 36 hours before the house was demolished. I doubt someone went in after that and took away decades of mementos.
Interesting also, the dinner JS was at with friends on the Thursday night, they spent time reminiscing about the good memories spent at 50 OC.
Seems to me like HS and BS were pretty cool
parents as far as letting their kids live their lives.
Andrew Liss complains about HS not liking him yet he was invited along with the family on their vacations all expenses paid.

I don’t know if it’s just me but I find it so hard to believe these kids had such an unhappy life.
HS questioned her son about his sexuality…
I think unless we know what being in that situation and being from HS’s generation is like, I for one can’t judge. She certainly from
everything I have read didn’t lay out any punishments or threats. Instead AL says he lived at OC for a while and travelled with the
family.
HS may not have been happy about her son being gay but I know kids who have come out to their parents and have been disowned and broken.
JS is so unbelievably entitled and it seems that Andrew Liss became that was as has Adam Paulin.

Is there any video of the demolition? Because I find it really strange that everything left in that house - the concrete, the rebar, huge refrigerators, the sculptures, chandeliers, acres of marble flooring and glass block was just destroyed and rolled into the earth or the pool. I don't think the pool was big enough to dump all that stuff in there. Even the lot isn't that large compared to the square footage of the home. My husband is in the building trade and he can't figure out how anyone would want to buy a lot that is filled with the detritus of a demolished home, and not just the brick and mortar but everything that was in it. In his estimation it's actually a hazardous waste site. I just can't see the city of Toronto allowing everything to be pulverized and turned into the earth. Just not possible. All that stuff had to go somewhere, albeit in an unrecognizable shape.

''Mar 19, 2019
North York City Council has approved a request by the Sherman family to demolish the home where Barry and Honey Sherman were found dead in December 2017. Family friend Eric Kirshenblatt says it is an important step to allow the family to heal.''

'May 6, 2019
The mansion where Barry and Honey Sherman were found murdered in 2017 is being torn down. The North York Community Council approved a request by the family to demolish the home in March.'

Is there any video of the demolition? Because I find it really strange that everything left in that house - the concrete, the rebar, huge refrigerators, the sculptures, chandeliers, acres of marble flooring and glass block was just destroyed and rolled into the earth or the pool. I don't think the pool was big enough to dump all that stuff in there. Even the lot isn't that large compared to the square footage of the home. My husband is in the building trade and he can't figure out how anyone would want to buy a lot that is filled with the detritus of a demolished home, and not just the brick and mortar but everything that was in it. In his estimation it's actually a hazardous waste site. I just can't see the city of Toronto allowing everything to be pulverized and turned into the earth. Just not possible. All that stuff had to go somewhere, albeit in an unrecognizable shape.

Attachments

• 50 OLD COLONY DEMOLISH REQUEST.pdf
    298.9 KB · Views: 20
On the Crave documentary, one of Honey and Barry's friends went to the house as it was being demolished and she saw a table and lamp of Honey's and her desk chair.

The urban explorer took a picture of a note Honey had put by her computer, either thanking someone for a donation, or someone thanked Honey, I forget which. He took a lot of photos of different things.

Just from watching the KD interview with FDA, I rather liked him, and found him believable. I can see how BS liked him. All the talk about him yelling, could have just been his Italian way of expressing himself, and he may even have been re-enacting a scene from a script for Barry. I don't think BS was bullied, or put up with rudeness from anyone for very long, especially not if BS himself saw someone's behavior as rude, or manipulative.He did not like AP, and did not want him involved in family business. FDA seemed genuinely sad and disturbed that his friend was murdered.He may even fear for his own life, because no doubt Barry told him many family secrets. IMO
I do think he's sad that Barry was killed but having seen this guy over the last few decades, he is nothing but a self promoter. I'm sure he loves being one of the people KD talks to because he likes being the centre of attention.

JK also wanted Barry to sever the relationship and I'm sure he was also able to hear these conversations.

When I was in high school they still had grade 13 then. It was quite a compliment if a grade 12 or 13 boy asked a grade 9 girl out. It was pretty common. I think there are laws regarding that age difference in the US whereas Canada is a bit reluctant to saddle some kid with a sexual predator label for the rest of their life. So a 14 year old can give consent to non-exploitive sexual activity with an 18 year old who will not suffer those stigmas.
100% agree I too attended HS when grade 13 was an option. And yes I recall the same.

Many parents like mine, of this generation it was common to see a father that was 5 - 6 yrs older than the mother.

When I was 15, dating a 19 yr old, my parents had many no sex talks with me but I was not prohibited from seeing him. **** albeit that we were both in air cadets and my parents knew him well, it was still a 4 yr difference. And I will note, I was the more mature one and everyone knew it in our circles so the relationship was not tabooed or challenged.

Being in any association that too had groups of boys and girls in a age range, participating in a common hobby, will find that a few will become couples. Air cadets for an example, I was 12 when I joined and retired when I turned 19, the age you may no longer be an air cadet, the ages are 12 - 18, the time when our hormones start to thrive.

I saw dump trucks in one of the photos, I believe the home was demolished and then removed from the site, taken somewhere else as land fill.

Agree, cannot see the city allowing it to be spread out on the plot.

The restaurant has recently announced that it is closing, hopefully the cold case murder of the original owner heats up.

rbbm 2020
''Daughter Alexandra and her husband Brad told police they sent photos of their children by text message on Thursday, getting no response. That Thursday night, son Jonathon had a planned dinner with friends from his summer camp days (including friend Josh Scheinert) at the Country Style Hungarian restaurant on Bloor Street in Toronto. Scheinert says the friends grew up with fond memories of the Old Colony house. Another attendee recalls that at the dinner, the old camp friends joked about having one last party at the house, and those at the dinner felt awful when they realized the next day that the Shermans were “lying dead at that time in the house.”''

rbbm 2020

I would be curious how the conversation about the home 50 OC came about? ?? You are out to a restaurant for a dinner with a group of old friends, grown men in their 30's most likely, catching up just before Christmas, JS just returned from an amazing trip to Japan and yet they chatted about BS and HS house.

Did someone note it was for sale and they chatted about memories? JS said no good memories', yet these boys said that is all they reminisced about? I am guessing they all had fun horsing around in the pool(s) indoor and out.

I wonder what parties they had as children here, even if it is a birthday party your friends attend, they would most likely remember visiting the home. I remember a birthday party I attended and the family had an indoor pool and that party was over 50 years ago hahahaha, it left an impression on me for sure.

Just a couple of things I want to include before I forget. Sometimes, I have the attention span of a gnat.

Okay, HS's coat. I think it's very possible that HS came in through her usual way, hung her coat up put on her indoor shoes and wandered into the kitchen where her purse or wallet was found. I believe it was during this small window of time she either heard someone coming down the stairs from the bedrooms or she was confronted by strangers who had been elsewhere on the ground floor. Recognizing danger, she took off for the front door to escape. It would be during this attempt at escape she dropped her phone which skittered across the marble floor and ended up in the powder room. Because if they were with someone familiar she probably would have said something like "what are you doing here" not realizing what was in store.

I've never heard anything from the autopsy report whether either HS or BS had any undigested food in their stomachs which may have given a clearer time of death. Either it's never been reported or I've forgotten.

About the pocket dialing and hearing HS giggling in the car. Was she giggling because she realized she'd pocket dialed or was someone in the vehicle with her?

Even without evidence of an independent will of Honey's she did tell quite a few people she had been speaking to her lawyer. So where is the will? If it exists why hasn't that lawyer come forward? Or is it a made up story by someone who wants the narrative out there suggesting they may have been a recipient of HS's largesse? Or was she speaking about amendments to BH's will that spelled out how he was willing his estate to her? That might not have sat well with the offspring and their significant others knowing HS's penchant for generous charity donations.

Even though I am in the camp of believing that there is a very personal aspect to these murders I can't help but think about some of the legislative events that were coming to fruition that provide a tantalizing sidebar about who may benefit from their demise.

The Sherman deaths timeline seems to run concurrently to the processes that were in place to legalize cannabis. There were businesses waiting in the wings to set up shop across Canada backed by big corporations. Even Julian Fantino and Bill Blair both had pokers in the fire regarding the lucrative aspects of the legalization of cannabis. Fantino was the chair of Aleafia Total Health and former cops and politicians of Blair's were benefiting.

And I believe I read somewhere early on, even though he wasn't in any way connected to the investigation of the Sherman murders, Blair called up or visited the crime scene upon discovery.

And in a strange twist of fate, JK who was unceremoniously dumped by JS from Apotex is now the Vice Chair of EmpowerPharm a company that has been given a license to produce cannabis in pill form. The irony of this is that BS was in the process of developing that pill when he was murdered. So JS with his unbelievable business acumen decided to sell a company that was probably going to make billions of dollars based on his father's ability to tap into future markets. Well done, JS, well done.

As an addendum, I want to add that it's possible the killers may not have realized that HS didn't drive into the underground garage, where they may have been waiting, but usually came through the side door after parking in the driveway. She heard them coming up the back staircase from the basement and ran toward the front of the home. That scenario seems more likely to me rather than them coming from upstairs or from the staircase near the front of the home.

Last edited:
Just a couple of things I want to include before I forget. Sometimes, I have the attention span of a gnat.

Okay, HS's coat. I think it's very possible that HS came in through her usual way, hung her coat up put on her indoor shoes and wandered into the kitchen where her purse or wallet was found. I believe it was during this small window of time she either heard someone coming down the stairs from the bedrooms or she was confronted by strangers who had been elsewhere on the ground floor. Recognizing danger, she took off for the front door to escape. It would be during this attempt at escape she dropped her phone which skittered across the marble floor and ended up in the powder room. Because if they were with someone familiar she probably would have said something like "what are you doing here" not realizing what was in store.

I've never heard anything from the autopsy report whether either HS or BS had any undigested food in their stomachs which may have given a clearer time of death. Either it's never been reported or I've forgotten.

About the pocket dialing and hearing HS giggling in the car. Was she giggling because she realized she'd pocket dialed or was someone in the vehicle with her?

Even without evidence of an independent will of Honey's she did tell quite a few people she had been speaking to her lawyer. So where is the will? If it exists why hasn't that lawyer come forward? Or is it a made up story by someone who wants the narrative out there suggesting they may have been a recipient of HS's largesse? Or was she speaking about amendments to BH's will that spelled out how he was willing his estate to her? That might not have sat well with the offspring and their significant others knowing HS's penchant for generous charity donations.

Even though I am in the camp of believing that there is a very personal aspect to these murders I can't help but think about some of the legislative events that were coming to fruition that provide a tantalizing sidebar about who may benefit from their demise.

The Sherman deaths timeline seems to run concurrently to the processes that were in place to legalize cannabis. There were businesses waiting in the wings to set up shop across Canada backed by big corporations. Even Julian Fantino and Bill Blair both had pokers in the fire regarding the lucrative aspects of the legalization of cannabis. Fantino was the chair of Aleafia Total Health and former cops and politicians of Blair's were benefiting.

And I believe I read somewhere early on, even though he wasn't in any way connected to the investigation of the Sherman murders, Blair called up or visited the crime scene upon discovery.

And in a strange twist of fate, JK who was unceremoniously dumped by JS from Apotex is now the Vice Chair of EmpowerPharm a company that has been given a license to produce cannabis in pill form. The irony of this is that BS was in the process of developing that pill when he was murdered. So JS with his unbelievable business acumen decided to sell a company that was probably going to make billions of dollars based on his father's ability to tap into future markets. Well done, JS, well done.

As an addendum, I want to add that it's possible the killers may not have realized that HS didn't drive into the underground garage, where they may have been waiting, but usually came through the side door after parking in the driveway. She heard them coming up the back staircase from the basement and ran toward the front of the home. That scenario seems more likely to me rather than them coming from upstairs or from the staircase near the front of the home.
A good analysis, but I tend to think that whoever killed the Shermans knew their routines, and the layout of their house very well. I suspect they even may have made a dry run or two entering the house, when no one was home, or very late at night, and became familiar with the access, the house, the pool room, the alarm system etc. They did not want to make mistakes under a great deal of pressure while committing murders, staging, and escaping.They may have had inside help from family, or staff, or not. TPS said they believed the Shermans were under surveillance for about one month, and that they were targeted. That makes me think they have other video footage, or witnesses who saw things,and this information is being held back.
Professional profilers who have studied this case say it reeks of someone who is personally involved with them ordering, and possibly taking part in the murders. I have to wonder if the people who killed them, if they were hired by enemies outside of the family, deliberately carried out the flawed staging, and left things in the hall like Barry's papers and gloves, to make it look like it was someone close to them, and that the murders were carried out by amateurs who made mistakes. Not saying they were involved in any way, but I believe one motto of the Israeli Intelligence Services, is "By way of deception, we will wage war". It could also be of significance in the Jewish culture, or just very clever people, who really are professionals, but do not want to look like hit men.
Other than family, who stood to inherit so much, and had motive, as another poster has recently stated, BS was involved in cutting edge work to produce a synthetic cannabis pill, at a time when cannabis was being legalized. There could be other motives. This would no doubt have been worth many billions, maybe even trillions. We do not know what ramifications this would have made in the world of big pharma, and large corporations, or even governments. Motive, and the murder plans in this case are very complex in their possibilities. It would still be follow the money, but talk about going down a rabbit hole!!! Just speculation, and IMO.

Last edited:
I do think he's sad that Barry was killed but having seen this guy over the last few decades, he is nothing but a self promoter. I'm sure he loves being one of the people KD talks to because he likes being the centre of attention.

JK also wanted Barry to sever the relationship and I'm sure he was also able to hear these conversations.
Since the murder I believe JK FDA have become friends. I think the found common ground in their heartbreak and loss.

A good analysis, but I tend to think that whoever killed the Shermans knew their routines, and the layout of their house very well. I suspect they even may have made a dry run or two entering the house, when no one was home, or very late at night, and became familiar with the access, the house, the pool room, the alarm system etc. They did not want to make mistakes under a great deal of pressure while committing murders, staging, and escaping.They may have had inside help from family, or staff, or not. TPS said they believed the Shermans were under surveillance for about one month, and that they were targeted. That makes me think they have other video footage, or witnesses who saw things,and this information is being held back.
Professional profilers who have studied this case say it reeks of someone who is personally involved with them ordering, and possibly taking part in the murders. I have to wonder if the people who killed them, if they were hired by enemies outside of the family, deliberately carried out the flawed staging, and left things in the hall like Barry's papers and gloves, to make it look like it was someone close to them, and that the murders were carried out by amateurs who made mistakes. Not saying they were involved in any way, but I believe one motto of the Israeli Intelligence Services, is "By way of deception, we will wage war". It could also be of significance in the Jewish culture, or just very clever people, who really are professionals, but do not want to look like hit men.
Other than family, who stood to inherit so much, and had motive, as another poster has recently stated, BS was involved in cutting edge work to produce a synthetic cannabis pill, at a time when cannabis was being legalized. There could be other motives. This would no doubt have been worth many billions, maybe even trillions. We do not know what ramifications this would have made in the world of big pharma, and large corporations, or even governments. Motive, and the murder plans in this case are very complex in their possibilities. It would still be follow the money, but talk about going down a rabbit hole!!! Just speculation, and IMO.
I think it's way more simple than any of that.

So... I'm trying to go back through this thread but only on page 10. Forgive me if I'm repeating something.

I started watching the Crave Series and the whole FDA thing struck me the most, which is funny because he's not a person I paid much attention to. My brain went down the rabbit hole... why was BS giving him so much? I thought.. were they.. in a "relationship" of some sort? Then in my reading of the thread I see JS actually suggested that at one point? Interesting I came to that conclusion without ever hearing that tidbit.

The other thing that struck me.. if I was KD no way on earth I would be going up to meet JS alone.

So... I'm trying to go back through this thread but only on page 10. Forgive me if I'm repeating something.

I started watching the Crave Series and the whole FDA thing struck me the most, which is funny because he's not a person I paid much attention to. My brain went down the rabbit hole... why was BS giving him so much? I thought.. were they.. in a "relationship" of some sort? Then in my reading of the thread I see JS actually suggested that at one point? Interesting I came to that conclusion without ever hearing that tidbit.

The other thing that struck me.. if I was KD no way on earth I would be going up to meet JS alone.
I do not think I would risk it either, but KD did say that he informed people at The Toronto Star that he was going there to meet JS, and when. He may have even told TPS. IMO

I do not think I would risk it either, but KD did say that he informed people at The Toronto Star that he was going there to meet JS, and when. He may have even told TPS. IMO
Wondering if any of the people KD informed about that visit to JS, followed him there perhaps without his knowledge? speculation.

Wondering if any of the people KD informed about that visit to JS, followed him there perhaps without his knowledge? speculation.
JS has security cameras on his property; KD noticed them on the drive in, and people who are his private body guards doing regular checks, as was stated in KD's article, but others concerned about KD could have waited in the area, near the private road going into JS's large wooded property, just to make sure he left safely. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8