CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be off on this but I seem to recall reading somewhere that KW’s brother had a partner who was a service provider to the Sherman’s. I cannot find where I read this and was wondering if anyone else recalled this.
KW:
“The Sherman’s personal body trainer is my brother’s best friends wife. She told my brother that “Barry was unbelievably strong for his age”.”

From ITO #12: (RBBM)
"...On January 30th, 2018 I reviewed a Statement Summary, for the statement of Judi GOTTLIEB which she provided to Det. TAVARES on December 27th, 2017. I have summarized the statement as follows: Judi is the real estate agent that co-listed 50 Old Colony Road with Elise STERN. She is also a family friend of the SHERMANs had have known Honey and Barry for the past 25 to 30 years. Judi says that she is a confidante of Honey and she has probably spent more time with Honey than any of her other friends because of their shared interest. When it was time to list the house, Honey called Judi and Honey’s sister chose Elise and the two of them co-listed the property. Judi did not want to list the property in December and she had tried to convince everyone to list it in February but she was overruled. Judi has been doing real estate for 35 years and an agent is lucky if they get one client to show a house to, however there was one agent who showed 50 Old 44 Colony Road to three different clients. This agent had four showings. When this agent went for the fourth showing, neither Judi nor Elise, were available to attend the house to conduct the showing so this agent showed the house to his client himself. Judi does not know who the agent showed the house to on that day. On that day there was a home inspector at the house from 9:30 AM or 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM and there was a cleaning lady at the house. The agent had a Persian name and Judi will get the name to pass along..."

and

"...All the agents who showed up at the open house left their card. Judi thought it was strange that after the SHERMANs’ deaths she never heard from the agent of [the rest of the sentence is redacted. I, LDLager assume she is referring to the agent that previously showed the house several times]. Honey usually entered her house through the side door and Barry would go through the garage into the basement of the house. Honey did not park her car in the basement because she did not want to walk up the flight of stairs because she had arthritis.
why is this not looked at more closely
the mysterious agent and his mysterious client ..and those who didnt show up or somthin
the killer knew how each of the couple entered the house ..so who is the source

Honey and Barry Sherman’s son donates $52M to build NHL-sized rink complex to honour his murdered parents

This rink project — sponsored by just one of four Sherman siblings — is another example of a growing rift between the three sisters and Jonathon. It began with squabbles over how the Sherman charity money should be spent, then got worse when sister Alexandra suggested that her brother was involved in the murders, something sources say she has told the police detectives investigating the murders. Jonathon has told the Star that he had nothing to do with the death of his parents and has launched his own investigation of the murders, using a New York-based investigator.

The Star reached out to Jonathon about the rink project but has yet to hear back.

Honey and Barry Sherman’s son donates $52M to build NHL-sized rink complex to honour his murdered parents

This rink project — sponsored by just one of four Sherman siblings — is another example of a growing rift between the three sisters and Jonathon. It began with squabbles over how the Sherman charity money should be spent, then got worse when sister Alexandra suggested that her brother was involved in the murders, something sources say she has told the police detectives investigating the murders. Jonathon has told the Star that he had nothing to do with the death of his parents and has launched his own investigation of the murders, using a New York-based investigator.

The Star reached out to Jonathon about the rink project but has yet to hear back.
I think JS and friends want to be hanging around and playing close to the NHL players, imo. KD said JS and his friends play hockey, and the Kimel brothers are part of that crowd.

“As part of his Senators bid, Desmarais is reported by RDS to be aligned with Toronto businessman Michael Kimel, and his brother Jeff Kimel. Michael Kimel once owned a minority stake in the Pittsburgh Penguins and thus has NHL connections.”

The story goes that when Phil Kessel had his day with the Stanley Cup in July of 2016, he celebrated that evening in the posh Forest Hill mansion of Mike Kimel.

Based on JS’s previous email to AK about the hockey rink, he wanted to attract the best hockey players in off-season.

“According to emails between Jonathon and Tkatch in April 2019, Jonathon said the hockey rink idea was a plan to build a “premium facility with additional features like training gyms and rehab in order to attract the premium customers to use the facility during the ‘downtime’ (like summer when the leagues are off).” Under the plan, Tkatch wrote, a new Sherman charity would be created to own the rink and Jonathon would have “long-term oversight of the facility.”

In an email describing the rink situation, Alexandra said the plan was “definitely not within the budget or the mandate of our foundations and not at all in line with my parents’ philosophies.””
(paywalled) Brother vs. sister: Two of Barry and Honey Sherman’s children in a battle for control of the family empire

I am not positive, but I believe Hockey Rinks are very expensive to operate once they are put in use. Is UJA Federation of Greater Toronto going to be saddled with huge annual expenses to operate both rinks?

Has JS committed to funding on-going operations as well?
When JS proposed the rink idea to AK he said he would be in charge of overseeing the running of the rink (‘long term oversight’), so I think part of that $52 million goes towards ongoing costs, imo.

Long-term oversight sounds like long-term power and control - and therefore long-term status. I’m cynical but it feels like JS is building a club for his friends —and friends he aspires to have— and he gets to write it off with lots of public credit as a bonus. MOO.

I think JS and friends want to be hanging around and playing close to the NHL players, imo. KD said JS and his friends play hockey, and the Kimel brothers are part of that crowd.

“As part of his Senators bid, Desmarais is reported by RDS to be aligned with Toronto businessman Michael Kimel, and his brother Jeff Kimel. Michael Kimel once owned a minority stake in the Pittsburgh Penguins and thus has NHL connections.”

The story goes that when Phil Kessel had his day with the Stanley Cup in July of 2016, he celebrated that evening in the posh Forest Hill mansion of Mike Kimel.

Based on JS’s previous email to AK about the hockey rink, he wanted to attract the best hockey players in off-season.

“According to emails between Jonathon and Tkatch in April 2019, Jonathon said the hockey rink idea was a plan to build a “premium facility with additional features like training gyms and rehab in order to attract the premium customers to use the facility during the ‘downtime’ (like summer when the leagues are off).” Under the plan, Tkatch wrote, a new Sherman charity would be created to own the rink and Jonathon would have “long-term oversight of the facility.”

In an email describing the rink situation, Alexandra said the plan was “definitely not within the budget or the mandate of our foundations and not at all in line with my parents’ philosophies.””
(paywalled) Brother vs. sister: Two of Barry and Honey Sherman’s children in a battle for control of the family empire
I agree with what you are saying, but I also think he is looking for good press. IMO

why is this not looked at more closely
the mysterious agent and his mysterious client ..and those who didnt show up or somthin
the killer knew how each of the couple entered the house ..so who is the source
Is this about the missing Iranians who left the country and LE hasn't been able to get a hold of to contact?

So is this arena more for the use of Toronto's Jewish Community than anyone else, or will it be open to the general public? IMO
From the CJN article, it seems... mostly for the Jewish Community, but ? Not sure if 'rentals by the wider community' means wider Jewish community, or wider everybody-community? :

It would make the UJA Federation of Greater Toronto the first and only Jewish community in North America to own its own indoor ice hockey arena. With two NHL-sized rinks, stands, dressing rooms and a kosher snack bar, the arena will fill a void by providing ice facilities for young Jewish hockey players and figure skaters. It will also be open to rentals by the wider community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarneson59