CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is alot of animosity on this board for someone who is only known to most folks here by the content of a few email exchanges, and veiled inferences made by KD. Everyone is entitled to their viewpoint of course. MOO
" a few email exchanges" plus a video from the funeral, and interview with KD, reports of others and so on.

I agree there is animosity, maybe it is based on the apparent disrespect he had shown to Jack Kay,(by firing him with no grace) his aunt Mary Schectman, (by evicting her from her storage unit). The rude and demeaning emails to his father, Barry, as well as implying to others Barry was mentally incompetent.

Remember even his sisters are showing animosity towards JS.

JS and AP had offices at Apotex correct? I believe Barry provided them the spaces rent free. Would they have access to the Apotex email servers?

If one did want to track someone.. their emails would be an excellent way. Could watch in relative real-time.

It seems like AP is quite tech savvy Adam Paulin - Entrepreneur and Full-Stack Web Developer
I think that is a different AP.
There are two in Toronto. Both seem to be grifters.

JS and AP had offices at Apotex correct? I believe Barry provided them the spaces rent free. Would they have access to the Apotex email servers?

If one did want to track someone.. their emails would be an excellent way. Could watch in relative real-time.

It seems like AP is quite tech savvy Adam Paulin - Entrepreneur and Full-Stack Web Developer
Whoops, my bad on the wrong guy! Small world.

The real AP seems hard to find online considering the social circles

The real AP seems hard to find online considering the social circles
There was a lot more on him back when these murders first happened. It seems he did a good job of erasing a lot of content that had his name attached to business etc. Same as all of the Harlo stuff. Him and JS have basically removed a lot of stuff and erased their names. Seems they don't want the public etc to connect them to a lot of their business. IMO

KW:
“The Sherman’s personal body trainer is my brother’s best friends wife. She told my brother that “Barry was unbelievably strong for his age”.”

I would take anything KW says with a grain of salt. He only has one agenda and that is to make Barry look as bad as possible.

I can't remember where I read or heard that Honey had better muscle mass (found in the autopsy) than Barry. She worked out more than he did according to one of the trainers. She golfed and was pretty active. He worked at a desk all day.

I don't know, I think part of the problem with the house, the murders notwithstanding, is that is was a home that was designed as a luxurious and modern take of the 80s; so it had all the trappings of the 80s, thousands upon thousands of glass block and acres of shiny marble. But it also had strange angles and rooms that veered from the over the top luxury to bland rooms with no windows. It's interesting to note, that a 10000 square foot home in one of the most desirable areas of Toronto was listed at just under 7 million when homes of equal size in comparable neighbourhoods were listed in the 12 to 15 million and upward ranges. I believe Honey knew the house was a knockdown and she was right. The lot, sans home, was listed for nearly the same amount. The Sherman children did potential buyers a favour razing the home, it probably cost half a million bucks, if not more, to clear the site.
I will search later today but I recall that the home was taken off the market shortly after Dec 15th and was never relisted. Not sure how you expect to see if anyone wants to purchase it if it is not listed for sale.

I will search later today but I recall that the home was taken off the market shortly after Dec 15th and was never relisted. Not sure how you expect to see if anyone wants to purchase it if it is not listed for sale.

We can only go by the interest that was generated by the initial posting by the realtors. Numerous showing had already taken place prior to the discovery of the bodies. I would say that shows people were interested in purchasing it. I also think if the realtor as well as potential buyers had done their homework they would see this home's purchase price was substantially lower than its comparables.

A private sale, maybe? One that doesn't involve real estate agents and their listings.

I don't remember exactly where I read- but I believe the property was sold (maybe after the house was razed) to a young woman for less than the purchase price who then sold it again about a year or so later. Maybe it was purchased in hopes of making a million or two from it (given time)

I don't remember exactly where I read- but I believe the property was sold (maybe after the house was razed) to a young woman for less than the purchase price who then sold it again about a year or so later. Maybe it was purchased in hopes of making a million or two from it (given time)
I think it was also subdivided into 2 lots again?

''A Porsche Boxter-driving 28-year-old woman has paid $4.25 million to purchase the Toronto property where Barry and Honey Sherman were murdered three years ago. Fifty Old Colony Rd. was sold as a building lot after the Sherman family tore the home down.
The woman, who appears to live with family nearby, is the new registered owner. Neither the woman or her lawyer could be reached for comment. The Star is not naming her in this story and is continuing to try and reach her.
Documents filed with the provincial land registry show the Sherman home was sold in late August. An agreement was made between the Sherman estate trustees and the woman to “suppress” the true sale price, according to land registry documents. A nominal value of $2 was recorded on the transfer document. This can be done, a provincial official told the Star, if both sides agree to it and if the buyer pays the land transfer tax up front before the deal closes.''

I suspect that Honey was making a new will, and had gone over it with her lawyer a few days before the murders, as a friend said Honey mentioned, but she may not have signed it before her death. Their lawyer who took care of estate business was trying to reach them on the phone after it is assumed they were dead. Barry said he had to be home early that night when he was at the Apotex meeting. It is possible to sign documents on your computer now. I did it when selling some property two years ago. The real estate agent, and my lawyer guided me through it, and there were no problems. It was more convenient for everyone doing it that way. Perhaps the wills would have even been signed that night. It seems quite possible that Honey was going to leave 500 million to her sister, Mary, as Mary stated. Also, she may have wanted to leave a lot to charity. It could have given someone a strong motive to kill her before that could happen, and BS as well, because maybe he was also talking about changing his will and leaving more to charity. There was talk after the murders that he was making plans to do so, but we are not sure. Those who stood to benefit from the way things were in the existing wills may have been afraid they would be at a disadvantage if new wills were made. If there was a new unsigned paper will or wills in the house, it/they may have been removed by the killers. Perhaps before she was strangled, Honey was forced to reveal where they were, and that is why there was evidence that someone hit her in the face. I suspect that if this is the case, TPS has asked the lawyer to remain silent, and they have stated that their case is strongly connected to the estate of BS and HS. When billions are involved, definitely follow the money! IMO

Last edited:
''A Porsche Boxter-driving 28-year-old woman has paid $4.25 million to purchase the Toronto property where Barry and Honey Sherman were murdered three years ago. Fifty Old Colony Rd. was sold as a building lot after the Sherman family tore the home down.
The woman, who appears to live with family nearby, is the new registered owner. Neither the woman or her lawyer could be reached for comment. The Star is not naming her in this story and is continuing to try and reach her.
Documents filed with the provincial land registry show the Sherman home was sold in late August. An agreement was made between the Sherman estate trustees and the woman to “suppress” the true sale price, according to land registry documents. A nominal value of $2 was recorded on the transfer document. This can be done, a provincial official told the Star, if both sides agree to it and if the buyer pays the land transfer tax up front before the deal closes.''
Why do we know the selling price, if there was an agreement about confidentiality??

I suspect that Honey was making a new will, and had gone over it with her lawyer a few days before the murders, as a friend said Honey mentioned, but she may not have signed it before her death. Their lawyer who took care of estate business was trying to reach them on the phone after it is assumed they were dead. Barry said he had to be home early that night when he was at the Apotex meeting. It is possible to sign documents on your computer now. I did it when selling some property two years ago. The real estate agent, and my lawyer guided me through it, and there were no problems. It was more convenient for everyone doing it that way. Perhaps the wills would have even been signed that night. It seems quite possible that Honey was going to leave 500 million to her sister, Mary, as Mary stated. Also, she may have wanted to leave a lot to charity. It could have given someone a strong motive to kill her before that could happen, and BS as well, because maybe he was also talking about changing his will and leaving more to charity. There was talk after the murders that he was making plans to do so, but we are not sure. Those who stood to benefit from the way things were in the existing wills may have been afraid they would be at a disadvantage if new wills were made. If there was a new unsigned paper will or wills in the house, it/they may have been removed by the killers. Perhaps before she was strangled, Honey was forced to reveal where they were, and that is why there was evidence that someone hit her in the face. I suspect that if this is the case, TPS has asked the lawyer to remain silent, and they have stated that their case is strongly connected to the estate of BS and HS. When billions are involved, definitely follow the money! IMO

An Ontario will has to be signed physically, not electronically, in front of two witnesses who then sign affidavits of execution. They were not signing wills electronically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!