CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And an additional follow up question : if Apotex did belong to the 2016 trust, how much was that trust worth? If Apotex didn’t belong to it, how much was that 2016 trust worth?

edited to add, I’m less concerned about the precisely perfect dollar value held in those trusts, and more interested in generalities. If the sales proceeds of the Sherfam Apotex shares should be included in the 2016 trust then that is an absolutely massive difference in the discretionary trust account values for any money to be paid out.
Except we don’t know what other investments were held by Sherfam. They may have been huge money losers, or gainers, we don’t know

I think they highlighted that period because their father AS was an estate trustee during that period and would have been aware of the growth and value of the 2016 trust, imo. After the spring of 2017 he may not have known. (Possibly Honey kept Mary updated.)
I wonder, why HS should have known of the value of a trust. Do you all think, Barry had ongoing conversations with Honey about the value of his several tax saving structures?

Did AS tell his wife MS and MS told her sister HS about the value? Even if this was the case, HS wouldn't have had access and couldn't promise her sister a large sum= $500 mill., gifted in both their (BS'+HS') lifetimes to MS.

Last edited:
I really don’t think this trust has anything to do with the $500m Mary says that Honey promised her. Mary is not a beneficiary of this trust. She could never have been a recipient of its funds.

I think this trust is totally separate from that concept. Barry created it and named the kids only (his, Mary’s, Florence’s— and their kids) as beneficiaries.

I do not see this trust being a motivation for murder by any Shechtmans. The Trust was created before death and continues after death. Generally speaking (and without seeing the trust deed), there is nothing about this type of trust that Barry’s death would cause to accelerate payments. If anything, knowing that Barry named these younger generation members as beneficiaries would suggest to me that those younger beneficiaries might want Berry to stay living, because his intention appeared to be to share with them and others may not feel the same way.

All MOO.

Mary’s lawsuit filed in September:
1705616071136.png

1705616447785.jpeg
From the Ontario Court Case Lookup page. (Accessible only by registering).

Allen isn’t named. (Noah’s lawsuit included him). No dollar amount is attached so maybe she’s suing, or sued, Honey’s estate trustees for information related to the Shechtman trust.

There are a few different filings back and forth since Noah first filed in 2020.

Ari Altstedter Jan 16, 2024 rbbm.

‘Personal Animosity​

In the lawsuit, the Shechtman siblings say the conflict between their mother and the Sherman children now extends to them. They say they are no longer on speaking terms with their cousins, which is affecting the disbursement of the trust. In the years since the killings, they say they’ve received nothing from the trust, which they allege in their suit is because of the “personal animosity” of the trustees''.

''The suit also says the relationships between the trustees has become dysfunctional, and that the various trustees are otherwise compromised. Jonathon Sherman is no longer on speaking terms with the other two trustees and has disavowed their communications, it says. And Glasenberg and Krawczyk have encouraged and helped Matthew and Rebecca Shechtman’s brother, Noah Shechtman, to sue them and their mother over a separate trust, which they say constitutes a conflict of interest and breach of fiduciary duty.''
I kind of read that as JS had encouraged Noah to sue his family.

refresher
2021 rbbm
'Barry’s primary will is dated May 13, 2005 but it was amended in March, 2017, just prior to his death, to change the trustees listed.

He previously named eight trustees including all four of his children but in 2017 changed it so that only his son Jonathon Sherman, his son-in law Bradley Krawczyk, his business partner Jack Kay and family holding company executive Alex Glasenberg were listed as trustees'.

''Krawczyk, who swore the affidavit in 2018, said in the affidavit that there was a particular urgency in moving the Sherman estate through the courts because just before Barry and Honey were murdered, “a bank account of (Barry Sherman’s) at the Bank of Montreal received an amount of approximately $100 million” arising from a special dividend payment.
Krawczyk told court that about $64 million was still in that account and the Sherman family trust was unable to access it until the court officially gave permission for Krawczyk and the other three trustees to act on behalf of the estate.

That permission was given in June 2018.''

Mary’s lawsuit filed in September:
View attachment 475675

View attachment 475680
From the Ontario Court Case Lookup page. (Accessible only by registering).

Allen isn’t named. (Noah’s lawsuit included him). No dollar amount is attached so maybe she’s suing, or sued, Honey’s estate trustees for information related to the Shechtman trust.

There are a few different filings back and forth since Noah first filed in 2020.
One trust (?) is named "Estate of Honey Sherman CSEH", and one trust (?) is named "Estate of Honey Sherman Curry".
The third trust (?) is only named "Estate of Honey Sherman".

When I googled to find the meaning of "CSEH", I saw this below:

Two Davies matters received Impact Case awards at the 2022 Benchmark Litigation Canada Awards.

The awards recognize the following matters:

Sherman Estate v Donovan. Chantelle Cseh, Rui Gao, Timothy G. Youdan and Elie Roth represented the estate trustees in an appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada against the Toronto Star and its chief investigative reporter, Kevin Donovan, in a matter involving the fundamental tension between open courts and privacy in the digital age.
-.-.-
Now I think, "Curry" will be the name of another lawyer also?

refresher
2021 rbbm
'Barry’s primary will is dated May 13, 2005 but it was amended in March, 2017, just prior to his death, to change the trustees listed.

He previously named eight trustees including all four of his children but in 2017 changed it so that only his son Jonathon Sherman, his son-in law Bradley Krawczyk, his business partner Jack Kay and family holding company executive Alex Glasenberg were listed as trustees'.

''Krawczyk, who swore the affidavit in 2018, said in the affidavit that there was a particular urgency in moving the Sherman estate through the courts because just before Barry and Honey were murdered, “a bank account of (Barry Sherman’s) at the Bank of Montreal received an amount of approximately $100 million” arising from a special dividend payment.
Krawczyk told court that about $64 million was still in that account and the Sherman family trust was unable to access it until the court officially gave permission for Krawczyk and the other three trustees to act on behalf of the estate.

That permission was given in June 2018.''

Honey had $45.9 million in personal property and $9.5 million in real estate at the time of her death. I think Barry transferred part of that $100M to her just prior to the murders. Mary may have known about it.

One trust (?) is named "Estate of Honey Sherman CSEH", and one trust (?) is named "Estate of Honey Sherman Curry".
The third trust (?) is only named "Estate of Honey Sherman".

When I googled to find the meaning of "CSEH", I saw this below:

Two Davies matters received Impact Case awards at the 2022 Benchmark Litigation Canada Awards.

The awards recognize the following matters:

Sherman Estate v Donovan. Chantelle Cseh, Rui Gao, Timothy G. Youdan and Elie Roth represented the estate trustees in an appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada against the Toronto Star and its chief investigative reporter, Kevin Donovan, in a matter involving the fundamental tension between open courts and privacy in the digital age.
-.-.-
Now I think, "Curry" will be the name of another lawyer also?
Those aren’t the names of the trusts- there is maybe a formatting issue because those are counsel.

Tom Curry is JS’s lawyer. Chantelle Cseh is AG and BK’s lawyer.

Snippets of lengthy article, rbbm.
''The first Sherman will the Star is aware of (the Star does not know if there were earlier versions) was created and signed in 2013. Barry was 70 that year. The will provided instructions and also listed eight trustees to oversee his estate after death. The trustees were Jack Kay, Craig Baxter (then president of Sherfam, the Sherman family holding company), Mike Florence (husband of Barry’s sister Sandra), Allen Shechtman (husband of Honey’s sister Mary), and Barry and Honey’s grown children, Lauren, Jonathon, Alexandra and Kaelen.''

''There was also a proviso in the will that stated the trustees could, if they wished, give money (however much they determined) to a short list of descendants — the children and grandchildren of Honey’s sister Mary and Barry’s sister Sandra.''

'In the March 29, 2017, codicil to his 2013 will, Florence, Shechtman and Baxter were removed. Baxter was replaced with Glasenberg.''

''The other change Barry made — the Star does not know why — was the removal of his three daughters as trustees
. He kept Jonathon as a trustee and added daughter Alexandra’s husband, Brad Krawczyk, who worked at Sherfam for Glasenberg''.

''Sources who include Sherman friends and family say that had Honey survived Barry, she would have continued on with what for her was an unusually high spending plan, and she would not have been inclined to be as generous as Barry typically was with their children.''

''A Sherman family member has raised with the Davies law firm a concern over the timing of a legal document related to the 2017 codicil. Sources say the family member was concerned that it was not signed until after Barry and Honey were dead. The document is called an “affidavit of execution” and it is a notarized document used in large estates to provide proof that the witnesses to the will actually did witness it. According to the Sherman family member, this document was not signed by the two witnesses and notarized until after the Shermans were dead.''

'The same family member has also raised with Davies a concern about the legitimacy of Barry’s signature on the 2017 codicil. Thomson said that allegation came from “one person associated with the Sherman estates” and it has been thoroughly investigated and dismissed as “baseless.”

Snippets of lengthy article, rbbm.
''The first Sherman will the Star is aware of (the Star does not know if there were earlier versions) was created and signed in 2013. Barry was 70 that year. The will provided instructions and also listed eight trustees to oversee his estate after death. The trustees were Jack Kay, Craig Baxter (then president of Sherfam, the Sherman family holding company), Mike Florence (husband of Barry’s sister Sandra), Allen Shechtman (husband of Honey’s sister Mary), and Barry and Honey’s grown children, Lauren, Jonathon, Alexandra and Kaelen.''

''There was also a proviso in the will that stated the trustees could, if they wished, give money (however much they determined) to a short list of descendants — the children and grandchildren of Honey’s sister Mary and Barry’s sister Sandra.''

'In the March 29, 2017, codicil to his 2013 will, Florence, Shechtman and Baxter were removed. Baxter was replaced with Glasenberg.''

''The other change Barry made — the Star does not know why — was the removal of his three daughters as trustees
. He kept Jonathon as a trustee and added daughter Alexandra’s husband, Brad Krawczyk, who worked at Sherfam for Glasenberg''.

''Sources who include Sherman friends and family say that had Honey survived Barry, she would have continued on with what for her was an unusually high spending plan, and she would not have been inclined to be as generous as Barry typically was with their children.''

''A Sherman family member has raised with the Davies law firm a concern over the timing of a legal document related to the 2017 codicil. Sources say the family member was concerned that it was not signed until after Barry and Honey were dead. The document is called an “affidavit of execution” and it is a notarized document used in large estates to provide proof that the witnesses to the will actually did witness it. According to the Sherman family member, this document was not signed by the two witnesses and notarized until after the Shermans were dead.''

'The same family member has also raised with Davies a concern about the legitimacy of Barry’s signature on the 2017 codicil. Thomson said that allegation came from “one person associated with the Sherman estates” and it has been thoroughly investigated and dismissed as “baseless.”
"There was also a proviso in the will that stated the trustees could, if they wished, give money (however much they determined) to a short list of descendants — the children and grandchildren of Honey’s sister Mary and Barry’s sister Sandra." Is this the part of the will that is currently in dispute? Did the removal of Mike Florence and Allen Shechtman in March 2017 as trustees make this proviso in the will harder to do later?

NEWS PROVIDED BY
Honey and Barry Sherman Legacy Foundation
Jan 22, 2024,
'' Partners In Health Canada is thrilled to announce a $1-million gift from The Honey & Barry Sherman Legacy Foundation in support of lifesaving women's and child health programming in Liberia.''

"Partners In Health is an important organization that supports high quality, long-term, local healthcare delivery in the countries in which it operates," said Alex Krawczyk. "The late Dr. Paul Farmer was a role model in my life, and I know that he is dearly missed by thousands of people around the world. I am honoured to have facilitated this gift on behalf of the Honey & Barry Sherman Legacy Foundation and in memory of Dr. Paul Farmer to assist with healthcare delivery in Liberia. Thank you to the entire Partners In Health Liberia team for the lifesaving work that you are doing."

"There was also a proviso in the will that stated the trustees could, if they wished, give money (however much they determined) to a short list of descendants — the children and grandchildren of Honey’s sister Mary and Barry’s sister Sandra." Is this the part of the will that is currently in dispute? Did the removal of Mike Florence and Allen Shechtman in March 2017 as trustees make this proviso in the will harder to do later?
Could Honey have had a saying in the implementation of the established procedures, if she would have survived and only Barry were killed?
Searching for a motive for the double murder, which could have been a murder only .....

NEWS PROVIDED BY
Honey and Barry Sherman Legacy Foundation
Jan 22, 2024,
'' Partners In Health Canada is thrilled to announce a $1-million gift from The Honey & Barry Sherman Legacy Foundation in support of lifesaving women's and child health programming in Liberia.''

"Partners In Health is an important organization that supports high quality, long-term, local healthcare delivery in the countries in which it operates," said Alex Krawczyk. "The late Dr. Paul Farmer was a role model in my life, and I know that he is dearly missed by thousands of people around the world. I am honoured to have facilitated this gift on behalf of the Honey & Barry Sherman Legacy Foundation and in memory of Dr. Paul Farmer to assist with healthcare delivery in Liberia. Thank you to the entire Partners In Health Liberia team for the lifesaving work that you are doing."
This is a great use of money, not a hockey rink in memory of 2 people who had no interest in hockey.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkeybean
Back