CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is it kind of weird for hired architects to be asked about infidelity in the S marriage? imo.
2023 rbbm
''Detectives even asked the architects designing the new Sherman home about infidelity. Joe Brennan, possibly the last person to see the Shermans alive together on the Wednesday evening before they were murdered (a house design meeting at Apotex) also told police he “never sensed any concerns about infidelity.”

At that meeting, the architects recalled how Barry and Honey were getting along well, and that Barry, not normally interested in such matters, was weighing in on his preference for sliding doors in the mansion — not French doors.

One of the architects present said “he also heard Barry making comments about how it was such a large home and why were they making such a large place when he probably only had another 10 or so years left to live.”

Is it kind of weird for hired architects to be asked about infidelity in the S marriage? imo.
2023 rbbm
''Detectives even asked the architects designing the new Sherman home about infidelity. Joe Brennan, possibly the last person to see the Shermans alive together on the Wednesday evening before they were murdered (a house design meeting at Apotex) also told police he “never sensed any concerns about infidelity.”

At that meeting, the architects recalled how Barry and Honey were getting along well, and that Barry, not normally interested in such matters, was weighing in on his preference for sliding doors in the mansion — not French doors.

One of the architects present said “he also heard Barry making comments about how it was such a large home and why were they making such a large place when he probably only had another 10 or so years left to live.”
I think it’s because Brennan was friends with the Shermans prior to them hiring him to build their home. They met years before the murders on a trip to Israel, iirc.

Last edited:
To me this is so important. He didn't want this mansion, absolutely not. If he decided for sliding doors against French doors, then he may have said so, but in truth he didn't care. What doors ever - the complete mansion was unnecessary to him, and the plans made him desperate, IMO.

Still a bit freaked about a plastic bag possibly put over HS's head (then removed) to prevent blood spillage, although there was a single spot of blood on BS's pants.

Also, it turns out that the belt found around HS's neck appeared to be a woman's belt, Barry was found with the men's Canadian Tire belt.
imo. rbbm
???
Investigators theorize that Honey was put in position first, then Barry was lifted over her by the killers — getting blood (possibly from the injury to Honey) on his pant legs in the process.''
A drop of Honey's blood could have flowed out of the bag onto Barry's pants, when the bag was removed from Honey's head, I think.
Today I'm hearing the first time, that Honey's belt wasn't the second (cheap) men's belt from CT. What else am I missing again?

Quote from today’s Star article:
“Honey’s phone still had power when it was discovered. When an investigator pressed the side button to wake the phone, her last known phone call — to the friend whose husband had the operation — could be seen. A police photo was taken of this screen.”

That call was the 6:21 pm call she made shortly after leaving Apotex. Remember the speculation that Honey might have either called 911 or hit the iPhone emergency SOS upon returning home? She couldn’t have connected to 911 and dropped the call if that 6:21 call was displayed, based on what I’ve read on the Apple site.

My iPhone displays the home screen & apps when it comes out of sleep mode, but Honey’s phone was set up to show her last completed call.

If you hit the SOS, a countdown begins before the call is placed. I don’t know if that was initiated, but stopped, if it would show on her screen when opened. (Under ‘notifications’).

If PI's are paid by the hour for the work that they do, wouldn't they try to do things as slowly as possible in order to get paid more over time in the long run? If on the other hand, there is a bonus for solving the case faster, wouldn't the opposite occur? Would not solving something sometimes run contrary to getting paid more by not solving it for sometime and dragging it on?
This query reminds me of what I call the taxi driver conundrum.

Does the taxi driver drive fast because he wants to get you to your destination quickly? Or does he drive fast because he wants to get the next fare? Or should he drive slowly and or take a circuitous route to maximize his revenue?
Probably the biggest factor influencing the taxi driver, is how busy a night is it? Are there lots of potential fares?

I would say in the case of a PI, assuming he is not retiring soon, the key to maximizing his long-term earnings would be to solve the case as soon as possible. This would boost his reputation and allow him to charge maximum hourly rates.
As well the "best" PI would probably always have work.

MOO

And incredibly, it seems only one of the three was asked by LE why BS had to leave early!
It seems unlikely to me that a killer would enter the house around 8 or 830, or even earlier, kill or tie up HS, and then wait for BS to come home, which he usually did around 10.30 or even 11. Why would a killer take that risk? So I have to conclude that the killer knew both their schedules, and knew that BS would be home earlier than usual that night. Possible he/she/they followed HS and knew when she was actually on her way home, and knew that Bs would arrive shortly afterwards, earlier than usual. Moo

It seems unlikely to me that a killer would enter the house around 8 or 830, or even earlier, kill or tie up HS, and then wait for BS to come home, which he usually did around 10.30 or even 11. Why would a killer take that risk? So I have to conclude that the killer knew both their schedules, and knew that BS would be home earlier than usual that night. Possible he/she/they followed HS and knew when she was actually on her way home, and knew that Bs would arrive shortly afterwards, earlier than usual. Moo
Unless it was not a planned double murder, that it was only HS they wanted and BS came home early and then had to be killed and a double body staging was done on the fly?

If it weren’t for TPS’s certainty that both of them were targeted, I would lean toward the theory that Honey was the target and Barry surprised the killer when he came home early. In my opinion this is a far simpler explanation than the one involving in-depth knowledge of their schedules, which were changing right up until the last moment.

It is much easier to think the killer knew Honey was typically home alone for hours every night, providing ample opportunity to kill her and get out of the house. But not that night.

This theory falls apart if they were both targeted. But it’s a simpler explanation.

A killer planning to wait a considerable time for Barry to arrive, after he has dispatched Honey is not that risky.

While waiting in the Sherman home on a winter's night, he is relatively safe. If someone knocks on the door, the killer just does not answer it. If the phone rings, he does not answer it. If he is hiding in a room in the house, nobody can see the killer from the outside. There is nothing that somebody looking at the house from the outside, will have any idea what has gone on inside.

Not unusual for a killer to lie in wait for hours for the victim. The fact Barry came home early was a bonus for the killer.

The proof of this, is the fact nobody took notice of the Night Walker when he arrived or left the Sherman residence.

KW consistently infers and in fact states that TPS are lying when they state that the Sherman’s were murdered. He doesn’t even state this is his opinion, he states it as fact. How and why is this allowed by the monitors on this site?
I maintain this is a “cover-up” orchestrated by Greenspin. He was paid to do a job. Nobody will ever collect the 35 million. The multiple murderers will never be arrested cause Barry killed her then hung himself.

I’m not a mod, but I think it’s because he’s a verified insider. He doesn’t have to back up his claims the way that we are expected to.

That doesn’t mean what he says isn’t subject to scrutiny. We can call him on unsubstantiated claims. Kerry and I have had big disagreements here.

The m/s theory was only entertained by the police early in the investigation. But they also thought it could be a possible double homicide. When the pathology results and other evidence came back they knew it was a double-homicide. To believe otherwise is a willful denial of the facts of the case. Barry is a victim, and never physically hurt anyone in his life. Especially Honey.
Entertained for 7 weeks til Greenspin did his job.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauraj333
Back