CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered @ Home - Toronto #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a tough time following the many details of the case. I had to create a timeline with links in order to follow it. This is about tragic murders and the loss of two people who should be here, and it’s also groundbreaking work by KD. This is highly unusual newspaper coverage, and some of his work has impacted the case and the open court principle. So I’m following it closely.

When you asked about ‘flight delays’ and made a comment/question about when JS created his eulogy etc. as non sequiturs, it meant I had to search to find msm links to the information only to find there aren’t any. (Can you please link them if there are any?)

Speaking in riddles makes it frustrating to understand what you’re talking about, in my case. No offence.
The eulogy document isn't referenced anywhere - that's why it was listed as an outstanding question quite clearly in the post. It was called an excellent question by one investigative reporter. <modsnip: Rude and personalizing>

Last edited by a moderator:
KD talked with a "Service Provider" of HS, who said, in a very specific and credible way (mentioning where they met that day) that she had just updated her will. And that she was making amendments. There is no credible evidence that HS will did not exist. The evidence suggests it existed. Everything else, based on info we have now, is hocus pocus.
“Just updated my will” could also mean meeting with a lawyer, discussing and agreeing upon changes, but not necessarily yet seeing a final draft and signing it.

Unfortunately, this marriage failed too, fortunately each groom came away with a few extra bucks, imo, speculation.

''Police also interviewed Jared Render, who at the time was Kaelen’s fiancé. Render tells police Barry is very generous and is paying for the entire wedding (Kaelen and Jared were married and divorced in the space of six months, after the Sherman funeral.) Render says he had become close to the Shermans through Kaelen, and Barry helped him get a job working as an electrician for his pharmaceutical firm Apotex and also helped Honey out with home technical issues.''
KD said in the Q&A (or his podcast) (if I recall correctly) that JR received a few hundred thousand dollars and is very angry at Kaelen and the Shermans, and has posted vitriol about them on social media.

The information provided below does not constitute any assertions of fact with regards to the guilt or action of anyone mentioned. It is conjecture, provided for theoretical, educational, and entertainment purposes. I assume no legal responsibility for the accuracy or correctness of any facts or claims mentioned or for any consequences of relying on any details included. Any theory of supposed action by any party is merely alleged. All narrative characterization is speculative.

------------------

I've always said that KD is the key. He is too credible as a reporter. Look at how he treated the case versus CBC, who actually end by floating the murder suicide theory in light of BS philosophical writings. Insane. He had told JK he couldn't die until 120. He told JD he needed him to sign on for the final five years before BS sold Apotex. He wasn't in a frame of mind to kill himself. AG advised BS to sell, and he point blank responded that he needed five years. We also know he parroted Warren Buffet. Interesting thing with Buffet, his wife was also a philanthropist. She wanted money when he had lots. His response? Wait. His thinking was yes we have billions to give but I know compound interest and my wife does not, that is what he said. Give me some time and I will balloon the value, allowing you to give more. Similarly, BS had an expansion plan that would balloon the value. BS and HS therefore may have seen the writing on the wall. They were getting old. Succession plans were underway. This likely triggered intrigue into the will stuff in light of all the financial turmoil. Who would have known about this?

KD is legit. He is on record now saying he has a specific suspect(s) in mind and has also said he believes that TPS have the same lead target in the probe. Recall, Yim tells KD about JS new GS building on the east side during a recess in court. KD has told us this was either 1) a tip or 2) an attempt to see what KD knew. Both suggest something?

I have made clear that the above needs to be seen in context. What overall story is KD telling. Who hasn't he ruled out. And where does he lead us in Succession, the last episode.

Near the end of the episode, he tells of AK going to BG in April of 2019, "around" the time she goes to police. He goes on to read an email from AK to BG.

"There are many parallels here. Jon was used to bullying my dad into giving him money. My dad would often ask Jon to take out financing for his GS buldings. But Jon would refuse and kick and scream until my dad gave in. I have been avodiing Jon since December 2018 when he and AP made it very obvious that they are money hungry monsters."

A few notes. AK provided this email, no doubt. BG did not. Also KD doesn't reveal the entire thing. We know that AK is very much on the case, giving stuff to TPS. She also likely has a favorable view of KD. Yes, he digs into their lives, but he is also going to be looked at as a key person should this ever be solved. He's kept the case alive. Totally congruent with AK press releases over time, she wants this to keep going. But what would be the context of that email chain? Her use of parallel here seems paramount. KD seems to have revealed, with this email, a potential argument AK was making to BG. Why else use parallel that way? It sticks out like a sore thumb. Oh, and then BG suddenly runs away from the case... fully dissociating

Sure. But we are talking about a will. Its the wishes of the deceased - the closest thing to what you are highlighting as important (their consent). The entire premise of the will is that upon death, it activates. The premise is not that there should be a legal battle as to whether it sees the light of day. So I think as KD has seemingly reported, the Apotex deal may have enveloped everything, including anything related to the will. The reason? The will likely includes succession details RELATED to Apotex. So here, the company could be invoking privilege in a very liberal way.

There likely is more to come here. The fact that KD stumbled upon DH call, and that it called to mind info he already had (@blaneys) emails to HS, is striking. The holes in the wall, blah blah blah, may mean nothing. May mean everything.

And who is the new information informant? That led police to believe they were being surveilled?

"These documents are part of nine requests made by police from shortly after the murders until Dec. 20, 2018, a full year into the investigation. The Star has not yet seen documents from after that date."
KD, in Pointing Fingers, says the cottage conversation between AK and JS was in "late 2018".

The information provided below does not constitute any assertions of fact with regards to the guilt or action of anyone mentioned. It is conjecture, provided for theoretical, educational, and entertainment purposes. I assume no legal responsibility for the accuracy or correctness of any facts or claims mentioned or for any consequences of relying on any details included. Any theory of supposed action by any party is merely alleged. All narrative characterization is speculative.

-------------------------

You didn't say she didn't have a will but the musing about signed versus not signed misses the point which is that there was a will. All evidence we have alludes to the fact she had a will and was in frequent communication with DH in the lead up. That is the point. It exists. Do you agree she had a legally viable will? It seems you do based on your later commentary. We also know DH was fanatically opposed to simple wills. That is exactly why HS will is so important. Whoever did it had inside info on numerous fronts. The will was the final piece of the crime. Securing it or destroying it.

If it’s not signed, it’s not a valid will. Someone with an unsigned will does not in fact have a will.

Considering that she was still in touch with Hendler and that no will was produced (which most likely would have been kept in his safe), we can assume she didn’t have a will at the time of her death.

If it’s not signed, it’s not a valid will. Someone with an unsigned will does not in fact have a will.

Considering that she was still in touch with Hendler and that no will was produced (which most likely would have been kept in his safe), we can assume she didn’t have a will at the time of her death.
Okay. But how do you rectify the exact comment being she had "updated her will and was making amendments"...

I was not necessarily referring to the original will either. The musing about signing could also be related to the amendments pending singing. There really seems to be a lot of circumstantial evidence, if you will, in favor of there having been a definite will to begin with going into the fall of 2017 or thereabout.

I see your point. But I mean its still akin to mind reading. KD on this is important stuff.

Okay. But how do you rectify the exact comment being she had "updated her will and was making amendments"...

I see your point. But I mean its still mind reading. KD on this is important stuff.

I don’t have to rectify anything. She died intestate, she didn’t have a will. Everything else is just noise. Unless that statement comes from Hendler or an executor, it means she was in the process but it obviously wasn’t complete.

At the time of her death she didn’t have a valid will. It’s that simple. She may have told people she had updated it, but giving instructions doesn’t mean it’s done.

As for the discussion a few pages back, a completed will signed and witnessed is not a privileged document. No sane lawyer would keep it hidden.

If we focus on behavioral trajectories over time, who stands out both in the lead up to the murders and afterwards? Who loves jockeying for control?
There are 4 children and each gets 1/4 of the estate. Thus, no one child has 100% control over it all and should not act like they do.

Last edited:
There are 4 children and each gets 1/4 of the estate. Thus, no one child has 100% control over it all.
Although one of them might wish to control it all! speculation, imo.
''As time went on, Alexandra became concerned her brother was “power crazy” and “trying to take control of everything.” She and her two sisters had earlier balked — successfully — at Jonathon’s suggestion that he help them manage their quarter of the inheritance. Jonathon has said he was simply looking out for his sisters, who did not have his business experience.''

Why do you all think KD is so convinced that the person who instigated the murders was present when they were committed?

I am having trouble convincing myself that any one of the obvious individuals who wanted the Shermans dead would be willing or able to get their hands dirty, literally or figuratively. These types of people are clay pigeon shooters, not deer hunters. Death by strangulation is not a tidy or instantaneous event. That's why I associate it with immediate rage (DV), sexual sadism (serial killers), or professional military/security types. If a murder were highly premeditated and committed primarily for money/control, it's hard for me to imagine the affected individual committing it personally via strangulation. A hired killer, yes. Strangulation does not require acquisition of a gun, nor does it leave ballistics evidence. Could the soft-handed people in this circle of suspicion really have committed these murders personally? JMO, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper