Found Deceased Canada - Bob Smellie, 65, St. Charles, ON, 11 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Missing man found dead - wife confirms

Missing St. Charles man Bob Smellie has been found dead, according to his wife.

His wife Katie Smellie delivered the news early this morning to family and friends via social media.

“I don not know the details but I've been told he is dead,” she posted on the Missing Bob Smellie Facebook page.

http://www.nugget.ca/2016/04/16/missing-man-found-dead---wife-confirms

RIP Mr Smellie.

1297825628829_ORIGINAL.jpg

So is this a homicide? sigh. WHere is his truck? Did he have a bunch of cash from the sale found on him? Sad news. :(

So is this a homicide? sigh. WHere is his truck? Did he have a bunch of cash from the sale found on him? Sad news. :(

Sorry Matou, but I skimmed the article and I'm not seeing where you're inferring homicide. Is it because they used the word "incident"?

Edit: sorry, I see you phrased it in the form of a question, and I read it slightly wrong. ("so this is a homicide?")

Sorry Matou, but I skimmed the article and I'm not seeing where you're inferring homicide. Is it because they used the word "incident"?

No, I'm asking if this is a homicide. It does not state that it is. The article does mention West Nippising Police Service where the 'incident' occurred.

You have to worry that it could be given that the news seems to have emerged overnight, but an accident is still very possible. OPP referred media to West Nipissing Police Service which is headquartered in Sturgeon Falls, about 30 minutes west of North Bay. It confirms then that as the evidence suggests he likely didn't make it to North Bay.

When I was looking around last evening, I was noticing that his wife had not posted in several hours, which led me to believe that something may have been in the works as far as the investigation. Wow, sad news, seems that Sturgeon Falls is about half way between the man's residence and North Bay.. so we can't tell if 'the incident' happened while on his way to or from NB. Waiting patiently for updates! (Okay maybe not so patiently!).

Not doubting anyone, just that I can't find it said anywhere that this poor man has passed.
Does anyone know if the Missing Bob Smellie page has been taken down? Tia

Not doubting anyone, just that I can't find it said anywhere that this poor man has passed.
Does anyone know if the Missing Bob Smellie page has been taken down? Tia

There is an article posted above. The facebook group is private now and you need to join to read. Mrs. Smellie posted just before 7 am that she was told by OPP that he was found dead.

There is an article posted above. The facebook group is private now and you need to join to read. Mrs. Smellie posted just before 7 am that she was told by OPP that he was found dead.

Thank you.

RIP to Mr Smellie [emoji257]

When I was looking around last evening, I was noticing that his wife had not posted in several hours, which led me to believe that something may have been in the works as far as the investigation. Wow, sad news, seems that Sturgeon Falls is about half way between the man's residence and North Bay.. so we can't tell if 'the incident' happened while on his way to or from NB. Waiting patiently for updates! (Okay maybe not so patiently!).

Definitely possible re wife's lack of active posting last night. The only thing that made me wonder if news emerged overnight was the fact that the BOLO that was posted here briefly yesterday was issued quite late in the evening, and it seemed to imply they were still following uncertain leads at that time.

West Nipissing is a large area that Bob would have hit the western edge of within 20 minutes or so of leaving home and would have then driven through it for another 20 or 30 minutes.

His wife said that the truck didn't have much gas in it when he left the house at 7:00 am, and that he didn't access the bank, so he didn't buy more gas.

This is so sad. I'm still hoping that it was just a moose on the road type of accident, and not a homicide, for whatever slim comfort that is.

If this was just an auto accident wouldn't the OPP or whoever contacted his wife, have told her that? It just seems very strange to me that his own wife was not given any details as to the cause of his death. :(

It sounds like it may be a homicide.

"Missing St. Charles man Bob Smellie has been found dead in West Nipissing.
The Noelville Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police issued a media release Saturday afternoon to inform the public.
OPP stated the West Nipissing Police Service is now the lead agency in the investigation."

As horrible as his death is for his wife and loved ones, I really really hope it was either a medical condition or car accident, and not another case of *anything* like Tim Bosma.

As horrible as his death is for his wife and loved ones, I really really hope it was either a medical condition or car accident, and not another case of *anything* like Tim Bosma.

Yes. With his recent back surgery I can imagine he may have had a severe muscle spasm or nerve pain that caused him to lose control of the vehicle.<modsnip>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back