Canada - Bruce McArthur charged in murders of six men, Toronto, 2010-2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the photo metadata: when I pulled it, Feb 5th is listed as the date the file was created. Which is pretty close to the Jan18th arrest date (18 days to be precise, but created on the Monday afternoon around 1pm). They started the photo editing Feb 19th and the last modification was performed Feb 22nd. Idsinga says they showed this picture to some people in the community as well as exhausted other avenues (I’m assuming comparing him to local as well as national missing persons), but it had only been 14 days since photoshop had been started and 11 days since the last edit by the time of yesterday’s conference. Is that enough time to investigate this part?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would expect they used the original photo to show to individuals while trying to identify the victim, which could have begun much sooner. They made cosmetic photoshop changes before they made it public, a very unusual decision in a murder case.

I can barely stand to look at the version that was released.

Police found them the first day they raided his apartment, but he must have had a way to keep them well hidden from his son, who might have been tempted to snoop around his computer.

According to this (Feb 08/18) CBC article:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/digital-forensics-bruce-mcarthur-investigation-1.4524991
Lead investigator Det. Sgt. Hank Idsinga told CBC Toronto on Tuesday that "digital forensic experts have been, and are continuing to assist" with the investigation.

Earlier he told reporters at a news conference that "searches of online and cellphone activity" are part of this investigation, but would not confirm if police have seized McArthur's computer or cellphone.

...forensic examiners to augment digital data that investigators have obtained from smartphones and laptops...

IMO, and based on this information, any photographic evidence could have been obtained by investigators, across multiple electronic devices - cell phones, laptops, and computers; not all necessarily to have been easily accessed by any visitors to BM's apartment.

Bruce McArthur had me in a ‘kill position,’ says Toronto man haunted by date with alleged serial killer

[video]https://globalnews.ca/video/rd/1177336387833/[/video]

“I didn’t remember any cameras, but as the [interview] was winding down, I knew at this point there were photos of me,” said Cribbin, his voice trembling. “[They] said to me that I was bound. I was in pretty much, for lack of a better term … a kill position.”

More at link...
https://globalnews.ca/news/4063145/bruce-mcarthur-sean-cribbin-date-with-alleged-serial-killer/

Toronto police receive tip about Oshawa home that once belonged to Bruce McArthur

Toronto police are remaining tight lipped about how an Oshawa home, once owned by Bruce McArthur, factors into their investigation of the alleged serial killer.

McArthur lived with his family in the home from the mid 1980s until 2000.

During a press conference on Monday, Detective Sergeant Hank Idsinga was asked about a tip they received regarding the house.

“We’re aware of that information,” said Idsinga. “Keep in mind we’re also privy to more information that you’re not necessarily privy to. Right now, I can’t comment on exactly what we’ve done with that house or where we’re going with that house, but we are aware of it.”

More at link...
http://www.durhamradionews.com/archives/108980

Bruce McArthur had me in a ‘kill position,’ says Toronto man haunted by date with alleged serial killer

[video]https://globalnews.ca/video/rd/1177336387833/[/video]

More at link...
https://globalnews.ca/news/4063145/bruce-mcarthur-sean-cribbin-date-with-alleged-serial-killer/

There is enlightening information in this interview about what evidence LE may have.

HOWEVER, I’m adding a warning that the content and some details are GRAPHIC, EXPLICIT, may be distressing and NSFW.

Looking again at the photo in the cold light of day I think the areas that look most altered are the neck and around the victim’s left eye, as has already been pointed out.

There is lots of smudge tool on the neck - could be covering marks, or covering a man-made item like a ligature, or perhaps trying to match and blend skin tone on a tshirt and neck that were added in from another image.

As previously noted by others, there is unnatural hard line of colour/tone transition on the bottom area of the left eye and on the area close to the bridge of the nose. Weird things like that can happen in an original photo with digital photography, but it is probably more likely that there has been not-very-well-disguised work done there.

I so hope this bears fruit. Such a sad thing to be in a position to have to compromise this dignity of this man’s body - I’m sure this was a really difficult decision for LE. Our faces change so much in death with all the tone and animation gone. I can’t imagine a friend or a loved one seeing this photo and having to go through the process of reconciling the face they knew with this photo, hope draining. Terrible.

For all my attention to true crime over the years, it still shocks me what some human beings are motivated to do, what they are gratified by. It’s a wonder sometimes how LE stay sane in these situations, exposed to such serial horror.

Based on the weird angle of his head, I was thinking the major Photoshop editing around his neck could also cover a slashed throat.

Based on the weird angle of his head, I was thinking the major Photoshop editing around his neck could also cover a slashed throat.

Given the BDSM angle, I also thought the shirt/heavy chest editing was hiding BDSM paraphernalia (leather straps, etc). I believe this man is hairy, so the lack of chest “fur” is immediately noticeable and disconcerting. We also have no context for how he is placed. Is his head on a pillow? Laying flat, etc etc. The original lighting seems dark (first photoshop editing after adding layers to build from, was brightening and sharpening the picture) so I’m guessing crappy lighting or it was evening/night time. The side with the edited eye actually has a lot of morphing. The beard/stache in that side seem painted I’m in some parts, the beard line on that side by the cheek bones is lower than the other side (most guys wouldn’t be okay with that big of a difference), and the hair up top was painted in as well as some of the beard edges. I feel it may have made him look more disheveled and older than what this man was.

... or worse.

This case is so gruesome and terrifying.

I can’t even begin to imagine what the law enforcement officers are experiencing, too, as they continue to uncover such grisly findings. Things I’m sure we’ll never see and things they never in their worst nightmares imagined they’d encounter.

Bless them. I pray for comfort and healing and eventual peace and closure for the survivors, victim’s friends and families, the community and everyone working on this case.

How can a human being subject other human beings to such horror, violence and depravity?

Bruce McArthur had me in a ‘kill position,’ says Toronto man haunted by date with alleged serial killer...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/crimeincanada/bruce-mcarthur-had-me-in-a-%E2%80%98kill-position%E2%80%99-says-toronto-man-haunted-by-date-with-alleged-serial-killer/ar-BBJVHLA?li=AAggNb9

edit: i am sorry as this has been posted already, delete this post if you wish.

It’s not a problem that it’s posted twice, just adding the graphic & explicit/distressing warning. NSFW

In this CBC video (at the 2:17 mark):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvIwOTxWj64

• The man interviewed, states that BM took him on hikes on the Don Valley Trail

Coincidentally:

• The Mallory Crescent property borders the Don Valley Trail
  • The Leaside Towers property also borders the Don Valley Trail

IMO, wouldn't be surprised to learn that investigators eventually find evidence linked to BM - from anywhere in/around the Don Valley Trail. It would appear BM liked to be connected/near to the trails.

Many sources reported BM's trip(s) to Puerto Vallarta. This article gives an insider glimpse of the well-known gay community in/around Puerto Vallarta. Take note of the article's mentioning of 'gay beach bums' and 'friends of Dorothy'. Hoping his visiting international communities does not lead to the discovery of additional victims.

https://www.gayguidevallarta.com/

And yet police don't seem to know how they died. Or is that something they have to verify with the actual remains, photos aren't enough?
I would suspect that photo's wouldn't be enough. An autopsy would need to be performed, and given the situation, it's likely near impossible at this point. Depending on what the photographic evidence truly is, the crown and LE could certainly put together a strong case and hypothesize the cause(s) of death.

Bruce McArthur had me in a ‘kill position,’ says Toronto man haunted by date with alleged serial killer...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/crimeincanada/bruce-mcarthur-had-me-in-a-%E2%80%98kill-position%E2%80%99-says-toronto-man-haunted-by-date-with-alleged-serial-killer/ar-BBJVHLA?li=AAggNb9

edit: i am sorry as this has been posted already, delete this post if you wish.

In this article it says that the unidentified male, whose picture they have released, "His remains were discovered in the planters."

So that's why it was so heavily photoshoped.

In this article it says that the unidentified male, whose picture they have released, "His remains were discovered in the planters."

So that's why it was so heavily photoshoped.

That is probably why there is so much photoshop around the neck. If we are talking dismembered parts!!! Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member