Canada - Bruce McArthur charged in murders of six men, Toronto, 2010-2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. With the pardon and now this, I wonder if there were other missed opportunities to nab BM earlier on???

As far as I’m concerned, BM had only been Skanda’s ex for what, under 2 years at that point -and don’t quote me- but didn’t he continue working with BM after they stopped seeing each other?? Should BM not have popped up as -at minimum- a person of interest?? If he had’ve been at least scrutinized in his ex/coworker’s disappearance I think other things would have pieced together..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just in.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...-released-by-police-in-separate-incident.html

It's great to find out that he has been in police clutches but had to be let go. Police chief consulting with Navigator? Uh oh.

They do public relations work, specifically cleaning up an individuals/institutions' public image after a scandal.

Jaime Watt, who is head of Navigator, is also a well known member of the gay community, a Conservative party strategist and a regular columnist for the Star.

He’s even written recently on the case:
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.the...lice-culture-still-harms-lgbtq-community.html

Bruce McArthur had me in a ‘kill position,’ says Toronto man haunted by date with alleged serial killer...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/crimeincanada/bruce-mcarthur-had-me-in-a-%E2%80%98kill-position%E2%80%99-says-toronto-man-haunted-by-date-with-alleged-serial-killer/ar-BBJVHLA?li=AAggNb9

edit: i am sorry as this has been posted already, delete this post if you wish.

I haven't followed this case here on WS but have been hearing about it on the news. Thought I'd pop in and do a bit of reading but now wondering if it was such a good idea...think I might have nightmares now. Wow! What a nightmare this guy went through and I think it gives us an inkling of how this managed to murder his victims. Kudos to him and others for coming forward and sharing their horror stories with LE and the MSM...that takes a lot of guts going public. I hope it encourages others who may have had dangerous encounters with this demon to come forward at least to LE. BM is one sick b@st@d, the devil himself and I hope he faces karma while imprisoned. MOO.

I couldn't find the post about him smashing his glasses but I can assure you he has NOTHING that can be smashed. When on suicide watch, he would NOT have any breakables. They don't care if he cannot see, their job is to keep him alive.

I suspect he will keep trying to die, he knows they've got him and his life per se is over.

JDG - certainly sounds like a logical step that authorities would take during a suicide watch. However, found a sketch (SEE: CTV article below) from one of BM's court appearances and it includes his glasses hooked on his shirt. Not sure if the sketch is an accurate one or an artistic one (because in many photos shared from his FB, he often is seen wearing his glasses in this fashion). JMO

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/accus...-court-appearance-has-case-put-over-1.3822010

How long would it take him to decompose? Unless the entire face is Photoshop.. he must be recent.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Since releasing this photo, every time there is a report on tv, they show the police bringing a very large, brown, over wrapped brown container to a van. IF he was in that container, he would have been quite well preserved inadvertently by BM. The body parts were not exposed to humidity, heat, air and bugs/animals that would aid in the decomposition process.

From the number of officers needed to move it, it was quite heavy, I suspect he was in there as opposed to in a 'planter'.

There have been other posts about how well the fingerprints were preserved in the soil in these cases.

JDG - certainly sounds like a logical step that authorities would take during a suicide watch. However, found a sketch (SEE: CTV article below) from one of BM's court appearances and it includes his glasses hooked on his shirt. Not sure if the sketch is an accurate one or an artistic one (because in many photos shared from his FB, he often is seen wearing his glasses in this fashion). JMO

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/accus...-court-appearance-has-case-put-over-1.3822010

Yes and the article states that he was there via video link in an orange jumpsuit.

They have fabrics that cannot be torn for suicidal inmates, patients or others who need them.

He probably has slippers/booties made of the same fabric.

The drawing may an older one, I agree there are photos with his glasses hanging from a shirt.

Since releasing this photo, every time there is a report on tv, they show the police bringing a very large, brown, over wrapped brown container to a van. IF he was in that container, he would have been quite well preserved inadvertently by BM. The body parts were not exposed to humidity, heat, air and bugs/animals that would aid in the decomposition process.

From the number of officers needed to move it, it was quite heavy, I suspect he was in there as opposed to in a 'planter'.

There have been other posts about how well the fingerprints were preserved in the soil in these cases.

I’ve watched and listened to the presser twice, to be sure.

It’s NOT a photo taken by the police of a dead man’s head. It’s a photo the police found (they’re not saying where), of a deceased person.

”We believe this is a photo of a deceased person”. At about 22.05 into the presser.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?attr_tag=DrNtp8S74dQP1_ek-6&v=2KhD1WekzfU&feature=push-lsb

Elsewhere during the news conference it is also stated that they do not know if this man is one of the four as yet unidentified victims, remains of whom have been found in the Mallory planters. He might be, or he might not be.

Do we KNOW who was BM's recent room mate? I realize it is a touchy subject but any confirmed/documented info on this?

I do not think sources have provided confirmation regarding roommates.

However, after viewing floor plans of the apartment (via the company's website) the master bedroom shared a common wall with the 2nd bedroom and the master bedroom did not have a private en-suite. IMO, should there be evidence of a roommate living at the apartment, BM was quite methodical in his planning each early stage of the crimes to avoid detection.

I do not think sources have provided confirmation regarding roommates.

However, after viewing floor plans of the apartment (via the company's website) the master bedroom shared a common wall with the 2nd bedroom and the master bedroom did not have a private en-suite. IMO, should there be evidence of a roommate living at the apartment, BM was quite methodical in his planning each early stage of the crimes to avoid detection.

I have also thought about how much his son knew at the time of his father's doings. Unless BM was careful to plan the murders when son was out of town/away and/or the murders took place at a different location. So many questions about this... I mean how do you live with someone in an apartment and not detect a single thing.

I have also thought about how much his son knew at the time of what his father's doings. Unless BM was careful to plan the murders when son was out of town/away and/or the murders took place at a different location. So many questions about this... I mean how do you live with someone and not detect a single thing.

BBM: I think I wrote about this earlier: before BM’s arrest, many of us speculated that there was a possible serial killer coming into town from elsewhere around holidays/events. I now think it’s possible that the murders occurred when son/roommate was out of town because holidays/events.

I’m also cautious about assuming son physically lived there full time, whatever court documents say. Just because that was his official listed residential address, doesn’t mean he actually did reside there all the time. JMO, IMO.

BBM: I think I wrote about this earlier: before BM’s arrest, many of us speculated that there was a possible serial killer coming into town from elsewhere around holidays/events. I now think it’s possible that the murders occurred when son/roommate was out of town because holidays/events.

I’m also cautious about assuming son physically lived there full time, whatever court documents say. Just because that was his official listed residential address, doesn’t mean he actually did reside there all the time. JMO, IMO.

My thoughts exactly.

Hi all,

As traumatic as this is, we have to deal with a lot of complicated, gruesome information.

I just wanted to toss in an interpretation of what we are seeing that to me makes sense. This is open-ended; please criticize or correct me if I am wrong.

1. There are seven confirmed victims. (Based on human remains found).

2. There are six first-degree murder charges.

3. Three positively identified sets of remains were those of the following: Andrew Kinsman, Skanda Navaratnam and Soroush Mahmudi.

4. There is the photo of the unidentified male. He MAY or MAY NOT be one of the sets of remains that is still not positively identified. So far it is a photo of a potential victim, and the location of his remains is unknown.

5. The other remains not yet positively identified may be those of the other men McArthur has been charged with killing, or they MAY NOT. They may be as yet unidentified victims.

Please add to this or modify as you wish.

Could someone update the title of this thread to reflect six murder charges.

It is also possible that TM is listed as living there, and may even have personal belongings at the address, but not actually reside there for most of the time.

My thoughts exactly.

Yup, we were posting at the same time, I believe :).

I’ll also need to go back and search for dates from when TM was listed (possibly court-ordered) as living there, to see how long the “overlap” with disappearances and murders dates might have been.

Wow. With the pardon and now this, I wonder if there were other missed opportunities to nab BM earlier on???
I have asked the same question! It kind of makes me draw parallels to how so many indigenous women go missing in Canada and LE have done little about those cases. Is it possible that the race/ethnicity/sexual orientation of the victims has had something to do with it? Just my own observations and opinions.

Could someone update the title of this thread to reflect six murder charges.

I’ll pm a mod, and I’ll update the timeline - probably much later tonight or tomorrow.

I’ve watched and listened to the presser twice, to be sure.

It’s NOT a photo taken by the police of a dead man’s head. It’s a photo the police found (they’re not saying where), of a deceased person.

”We believe this is a photo of a deceased person”. At about 22.05 into the presser.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?attr_tag=DrNtp8S74dQP1_ek-6&v=2KhD1WekzfU&feature=push-lsb

Elsewhere during the news conference it is also stated that they do not know if this man is one of the four as yet unidentified victims, remains of whom have been found in the Mallory planters. He might be, or he might not be.

I realize that but his remains could still have been found at Mallory and in the brown container.
We just aren't privy to what the police have and it seems with ALL they do have, it has not been sorted yet.

As we all know, there is a heck of a lot of work still to be done on this case, probably for years.

As Det Insinga says, theres a lot going on behind the scenes that the public are not aware of, nor should we be.

They are trying very hard to get charges and convictions on BM. IF, there is ever a trial, we may hear then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n.zajk0wska