Canada - Bruce McArthur charged in murders of six men, Toronto, 2010-2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
rbbm.
http://nationalpost.com/news/canada...related-to-men-missing-in-toronto-gay-village

“We know that many in the community are struggling to understand and process these developments,” Idsinga said. “(But the investigation) certainly encompasses more than the gay community. It encompasses the city of Toronto,” Idsinga said.
Investigators said they have identified 30 properties where McArthur worked and are now scouring them for any further evidence. They also said they are planning to excavate at two properties “where people might be buried” but said it’s not known what, if anything, they might find.

“We believe there are more remains at some of these properties that we’re working to recover,” Idsinga said.

Those poor men! I hope they are able to find and identify them all soon.

I also feel so sorry for his customers- imagine having your yard done by this sick and evil monster, only to hear you might have the remains of some young men buried in your yard.

If he's talking, he's bragging - but I don't think so. I think he kept identifiable trophies from the victims he's charged with killing so far.

I'm also assuming he's not saying anything, just because I think he must be so used to living with this secret he wouldn't have it on his conscience, and his lawyer would advise him not to. But, you never know.

When someone doesn't have a person in their life that knows them deeply enough or cares enough to report them missing, it breaks my heart.
I couldn't agree more. That bit of information saddened me greatly and affected me profoundly. May he rest peacefully, after what was likely a difficult journey in this world.

When someone doesn't have a person in their life that knows them deeply enough or cares enough to report them missing, it breaks my heart.

It is very sad, to say the least, but in defense of some families- sometimes they take off on their own, and occasionally get in touch with loved ones, so sometimes, they may not know they are officially missing. That happened with one of my cousins unfortunately. He was a wanderer, and would call once or twice a year to let his sister know he was ok. Strange thing, she had asked everyone in the family if anyone had heard from him, as he had been out of touch for almost two years. About a month later, someone he knew-a coworker, called my cousin and asked if he had gotten in touch, as he was worried himself because he didn't show up for work one day and it wasn't like him to at least tell his bosses that he was quitting.. Shortly after that, my cousins remains were found in the woods not too far away from where he was living in an abandoned building. The coroner determined no foul play, that he had died of an illness and was very sick the last few months and probably didn't know he was.

So sometimes, people leave on their own and get in touch once in a blue moon. I know my cousin kept begging her brother to call more often and just let her know the area he was in, just in case, but no can do.

I'm also assuming he's not saying anything, just because I think he must be so used to living with this secret he wouldn't have it on his conscience, and his lawyer would advise him not to. But, you never know.
You could be right, a lawyer could kibosh it, but I don't know why she would honestly care to or what defence he would ever have. Lots of serial killers enjoy talking about their "conquests" so really, I think anything is possible at this point.

I have found reference for one of his BF's to go to the London area quite frequently for some get together's, and I might add, that there have been animal mutilations that have occurred in the Frankford/Belleville area, and BM has been connected to Madoc and Belleville, and known to frequent the Zwick's Park area of Belleville waterfront, a known trail and park for gay hook up's.

FWIW

Oi, that's across from where I work. I didn't know that was an area for gay hook ups. They have festivals all the time there, would be hard to find any evidence now.

53 Mallory Crescent, Toronto - the house where dismembered remains have been discovered in the bottom of urns.

attachment.php

attachment.php

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/53...a0e54723e4a69a!8m2!3d43.6954003!4d-79.3667666

That is BM's grey van.

You could be right, a lawyer could kibosh it, but I don't know why she would honestly care to or what defence he would ever have. Lots of serial killers enjoy talking about their "conquests" so really, I think anything is possible at this point.

I think, from a lawyer's perspective, they haven't seen the evidence, there's still a chance it's weak, or improperly seized, etc. Also, I think they're paid to assume the person they're representing is not guilty, it's not a question of personal opinion. So I think at this stage a lawyer would advise, wait and see. Which is why police try to get the confession from a suspect before a lawyer arrives.

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/...a-on-bruce-mcarthur-investigation-monday.html
Investigators have removed a number of large planters from a Leaside home where McArthur stored landscaping equipment and tended to the gardens.

McArthur had brought the planters, which were wide like tractor tires and roughly one-metre high, to the home on Mallory Cres. about two or three years ago, the homeowners said.

“We just hope the remains are just in the planters so they go away and not in the ground,” Karen Fraser said Monday. “If they find something buried in the backyard, that’s a different feeling.”

Investigators are heating the ground on the property, leading Fraser and her partner Ron Smith to believe police will be excavating to see if they find anything else. Smith said he never saw McArthur digging while doing lawn work, adding that the house sits on hard clay soil.

“We don’t think (anything was buried) simply because the ground is so damn hard even normally, forget about frozen, that digging a hole in that is almost impossible,” Smith said.

At the police press conference, Idsinga confirmed to reporters it would be fair to now label McArthur’s alleged crimes as those of a serial killer. “He’s taken some steps to cover his tracks.”

A grim-faced McArthur made a brief appearance at the College Park courthouse Monday morning.
Wearing grey pants and a navy jersey, McArthur's voice cracked slightly when asked to state his name.

He was remanded in custody and ordered to appear again, by video, on Feb. 14, a date already set at his last appearance.

He was represented in court by a member of Toronto defence lawyer Ted Royle's firm.
rbbm.

If he's talking, he's bragging - but I don't think so. I think he kept identifiable trophies from the victims he's charged with killing so far.
So, so far a trend, gay men, found in planters, ethnic background.
I'll never get over how dumb serial killers are at times. Once they are actually caught they have a common link. Now they are searching planters and will hopefully turn up a ton of evidence.

Sadly the TPS has seemed to drop the ball again and let down the Village IMO
No different then the Laura Babcock case
It feels like they are brushing aside people they feel don't matter.
I'm disgusted. MOO

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Still haven't watched the presser, just remembering back to the comments: I like that a reporter asked if BM was cataloguing, and that it wasn't exactly confirmed or denied. In my humble opinion, I think BM kept a photo album of sorts. That, with other evidence recovered, lead to these 3 additional charges today.
I don't recall reading, any digital evidence? I'm wondering if he was on dating sites and this is how the police are connecting the dots? JMO

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

this is horrible and he looks so jolly and normal...that's the creepiest part for me. can't imagine what the families are going through or how freaked out anyone who'd hired him for landscaping must be today.

Just watched a CBC clip. They seized the planters and the bodies were in the bottom. They said they plan on seizing more....they also said there are a few locations they want to excavate that *may* have bodies buried. So not sure if he is talking, or they have just gathered evidence pointing to this.

I love gardening, I can not imagine working my planters year after year and there was someones remains in the bottom. So beyond cruel and heartbreaking.

Part 1 of 2 posts.
http://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/canada-news-pmn/timeline-of-events-in-the-bruce-mcarthur-case

Timeline of events in the Bruce McArthur case
October 2012 — Majeed Kayhan, 58, of Toronto, is reported missing.

November 2012 — Police launch Project Houston to investigate the disappearance of three men from Toronto’s gay village, including Kayhan.

April 2014 — Police close Project Houston, saying none of their findings would classify anyone as a suspect of a criminal offence.

August 2015 — Soroush Mahmudi, 50, of Toronto, is reported missing.
May 2016 – July 2017 — Police believe Dean Lisowick, 47, of no fixed address, was killed by McArthur during this timespan.
April 14, 2017 — Selim Esen, 44, is reported missing from the area of Toronto’s Yonge and Bloor streets.
June 26, 2017 — Andrew Kinsman, 49, is reported missing from the area of Parliament and Winchester streets.

That's incredible, what date is that image? I get a different view, no van.

Rotate the image slightly to the right of the house looking down Mallory and select August 2014 to see the van.

Part 2 of 2
http://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/canada-news-pmn/timeline-of-events-in-the-bruce-mcarthur-case
August 2017 — Police launch Project Prism to investigate the disappearances of Esen and Kinsman.
September 2017 — Project Prism officers identify Bruce McArthur “as someone to be included or excluded as being involved in the disappearance of Andrew Kinsman.”
Dec. 8, 2017 — Police Chief Mark Saunders says the force will review its practices in missing persons investigations. He denies that there is evidence suggesting a serial killer is walking the streets of Toronto.
Jan. 17, 2018 — Police uncover evidence suggesting McArthur was responsible for both Kinsman and Esen’s deaths, along with the deaths of other unidentified people.

Jan. 18, 2018 — McArthur is arrested and charged with first-degree murder in the deaths of Esen and Kinsman. Police say McArthur is believed to be responsible for other deaths.

Jan. 19, 2018 — McArthur has his first court appearance.

Jan. 29, 2018 — McArthur is charged with first-degree murder in the deaths of Mahmudi, Kayhan and Lisowick. Police call McArthur an alleged serial killer and say more victims may be identified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristenLoren