Canada - Bruce McArthur- Pleads Guilty - murders of 8 men, Toronto, 2010-2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FindingJonRiley, sorry you experienced some bad eggs particularly at this vulnerable time.
There is hope still of finding your brother alive, it has happened in other cases and i truly hope it will happen for your family too.
imo.

In the 5 years since my brother vanished, nothing has been more devastating than this pair of amateur detectives. They are writing a book and cozy up to families under the guise of helping find loved ones. They took my brother’s computer, gathered all of his passwords and scoured all of his emails and social media media messages. They initially picked up the computer from my brother's house to send to me in Hawaii, but instead they groomed it, made copies, then turned it over to the sex crimes division in Toronto. The computer is now in police custody and we don’t have access to it. They refuse to share the information with us.
If your loved one goes missing, ignore every single person who comes out of the woodwork and offers to help. That’s the biggest lesson I have learned from this journey. Only work with trained private investigators.
Oldrieve revealed private details of the other cases to me and that should have been a huge red flag for me.
We requested that our missing brother be removed from their site.
I hope they are prosecuted.
This is so upsetting to know. I really had hoped this was an example of good people getting together to pick up the slack left behind by LE. I suppose at the end of the day, amateurs are amateurs. They aren't bound by or understand the policies and procedures of true detectives. I hope they didn't purposely mean to cause you such grief.

A book though? Really?

This is so upsetting to know. I really had hoped this was an example of good people getting together to pick up the slack left behind by LE. I suppose at the end of the day, amateurs are amateurs. They aren't bound by or understand the policies and procedures of true detectives. I hope they didn't purposely mean to cause you such grief.

A book though? Really?

If they include my brother in the book, I will make sure they don’t profit from it. I’ve learned from this journey that the loved ones left behind are left raw with no supports and no map for navigating the waters of missing persons. The majority of people who have offered to help, truly want to help. There are only a handful of rotten seeds. I hope the good that comes from all of this Bruce McArthur fall-out is that the way police handle missing adults in Canada changes. The reality is that it’s not the police who find missing people ... it’s the public who pass on details that can crack a case wide open.

If they include my brother in the book, I will make sure they don’t profit from it. I’ve learned from this journey that the loved ones left behind are left raw with no supports and no map for navigating the waters of missing persons. The majority of people who have offered to help, truly want to help. There are only a handful of rotten seeds. I hope the good that comes from all of this Bruce McArthur fall-out is that the way police handle missing adults in Canada changes. The reality is that it’s not the police who find missing people ... it’s the public who pass on details that can crack a case wide open.
I couldn't agree more, and it's truly what I hope for also. I've been a huge advocate for police reform when it comes to missing people. The incompetence just, keeps, happening. I can't even begin with the roll call. The hurt that loved ones experience gets compounded. Communities suffer. Injustice and indignity to human beings near and far. I have zero faith that LE will care if I go missing, and that shouldn't be a reality.

I couldn't agree more, and it's truly what I hope for also. I've been a huge advocate for police reform when it comes to missing people. The incompetence just, keeps, happening. I can't even begin with the roll call. The hurt that loved ones experience gets compounded. Communities suffer. Injustice and indignity to human beings near and far. I have zero faith that LE will care if I go missing, and that shouldn't be a reality.

I really think that is unfair to say. Its been my experience that police are very compassionate and really do care about what is going on around them. Unfortunately, Sometimes it is impossible to track people down who tend to live their lives on the seedier side of society. Serial killers prey on these type of people for one reason only, people won't take notice if they disappear, and if they do, they are near impossible to track down. Its not easy to track down a missing person, especially when they are already in a planter in some random garage. Its unfair to say TPS simply didn't care.

I really think that is unfair to say. Its been my experience that police are very compassionate and really do care about what is going on around them. Unfortunately, Sometimes it is impossible to track people down who tend to live their lives on the seedier side of society. Serial killers prey on these type of people for one reason only, people won't take notice if they disappear, and if they do, they are near impossible to track down. Its not easy to track down a missing person, especially when they are already in a planter in some random garage. Its unfair to say TPS simply didn't care.
I tried reporting my brother missing for not weeks but months. Police refused to take a missing persons report. A family friend went to the Etobicoke police station where we grew up and they refused to take a report. This was during Project Houston. If you look at the timeline of identified victims there is a gap in victims during Project Houston. They should’ve told us men were going missing and they should’ve taken a report. It took 1.5 years to get Jon entered into the RCMP national database of missing persons. The core problem is that police are not linked on a local, provincial and national level. There is zero protocol for adult missing persons. It’s not about whether they care or not. There’s protocol when a car goes missing ... why is a person of no value? Protocol needs to change. It must be made mandatory to take a report the first request. All missing adults must be enerered into a national database. Right now, the country is a safe haven for serial killers. How can they track them with no data? I hear over and over again that it’s due to a lack of resources. I’m not asking for a manhunt. I’m asking for reform in taking a report and connecting the dots.

You follow all the same cases that I do. You know what families have been told by LE when trying to report their loved ones missing- when trying to hustle the detectives, pass along tips and vital information. I'm not talking about if they find them or not, I'm talking about how they value or disvalue certain folks through the course of an investigation or a report.

It's not all officers, but it's certainly not unfair to say.

Pride Toronto launches safety campaign amidst Bruce McArthur investigation | The Star
"Pride Toronto launches safety campaign amidst Bruce McArthur investigation

In advance of its annual festival next month, Pride Toronto is launching a new campaign to advocate for the safety of members of the LGBT community.

“Despite achieving mainstream acceptance on many fronts, our community is still the target of violence, hatred and systemic discrimination,” Pride Toronto said in a press release. “There has been a clear increase in hate crime and other assaults against our community — particularly LGBTQ2S+ community members that are racialized.”

This year’s Pride parade is on June 24, and will start from Church and Bloor Sts., ending at Yonge-Dundas Square. The parade will conclude with the “Until We’re Safe March,” in which participants have been asked to wear black."

May 31 2018
Toronto police wrap canine search of more than 100 properties in McArthur investigation
"Toronto police wrap canine search of more than 100 properties in McArthur investigation

Toronto police say they have completed a canine search of over 100 properties in connection with their investigation into alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur.

Det. Sgt. Hank Idsinga, the lead investigator on the case, told CP24 Thursday that investigators are now reviewing the results of that search and should be able to make a decision about any further excavations within the next week.

One of the only signs of the investigation on the otherwise quiet street now is a message scrawled on the garage door of the home that reads:

“We are one / We are how we treat each other / when the day is done.”

The homeowner told CP24 that the words were taken from song lyrics performed at a vigil for the victims and were painted on the garage in tribute to them"

June 4 2018
Unsealed court documents reveal new details in Bruce McArthur investigation | The Star
"Unsealed court documents reveal new details in Bruce McArthur investigation"
"Among the organizations from which police, over the course of the years-long investigation, requested documents or information are: Canadian Tire, Porter Airlines, Rogers, Air Canada, Yahoo! Canada, Google, Pink Triangle Press, Bell Canada, the Ministry of Transportation and banks including CIBC and the Bank of Nova Scotia.

The locations investigators searched include Toronto police properties. Days after McArthur’s Jan. 18 arrest, police obtained search warrants for the intelligence building of the Toronto police, Forensic Identification Services on Jane St., 51 division police station on Parliament St. and 33 division on Upjohn Rd."

The locations investigators searched include Toronto police properties. Days after McArthur’s Jan. 18 arrest, police obtained search warrants for the intelligence building of the Toronto police, Forensic Identification Services on Jane St., 51 division police station on Parliament St. and 33 division on Upjohn Rd.

Speechless.

ETA: also sad, angry, but not as surprised as I would have expected to be.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back