Canada - Bruce McArthur- Pleads Guilty - murders of 8 men, Toronto, 2010-2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@FindingJonRiley,

O/T, but your brother is mentioned in this article; Resources brought in for Maas search

I don't see Jon Riley's name in the article anywhere after clicking the link.

Odd that the name was removed, but you can still find him named in the cache version (which wont last for long):
Oldrieve has immersed himself in the case since he became aware of it more that two years ago. He has a wesbsite where he collects anonymous tips at pleasebringmehome.com. With Nopper's help they are now collecting tips on other missing people, including Lois Hanna, Neil McDougall, Joe Moore and Jon Riley.
Oldrieve said they are doing the work they do to help police and give them “a nice head start” in investigating cold cases.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ources-brought-in-for-maas-search+&cd=2&hl=en

JR is also mentioned on this Press Reader:
https://www.pressreader.com/canada/the-sun-times-owen-sound/20180428/281479277029045

That is weird. Unless they asked his name be removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was thinking more along the lines that perhaps the reporter realized he made a mistake, and edited his article.

I don't see Jon Riley's name in the article anywhere after clicking the link.

Odd that the name was removed, but you can still find him named in the cache version (which wont last for long):

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ources-brought-in-for-maas-search+&cd=2&hl=en

JR is also mentioned on this Press Reader:
https://www.pressreader.com/canada/the-sun-times-owen-sound/20180428/281479277029045

That is odd that the names have been removed. I wonder if TPS requested it?

I took a ss of the cached version (click on it to enlarge);

FireShot Capture 22 - Resources brought in for Maas _ - http___webcache.googleusercontent.com_se.png

Source: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:8N4fVM69KLAJ:www.owensoundsuntimes.com/2018/05/09/resources-brought-in-for-maas-search+&cd=2&hl=en

I was thinking more along the lines that perhaps the reporter realized he made a mistake, and edited his article.
Wondering if the search for and reference to missing females, might have a connection to BM considering that he may have mixed genders?
If Jon R was listed too, that would be a giveaway to something they do not yet want to reveal?

Probably an edited error though!
Speculation, imo.

Police finished searching BMs apartment.

BMs Thorncliffe apartment has been released to the property management.

TorStar.

I bet its a real mess in there. Wonder if its a condo or a rental?

He's never coming out of prison, what happens to his money if its a condo?

Who would ever want to live there? Ugh

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/bruce-mcarthur-apartmen-search-1.4662278
Toronto police say trove of evidence found inside alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur's apartment

Investigators have collected 1,800 exhibits and have taken 18,000 photographs
Police provided no details about what those exhibits are, nor what was photographed.
On Monday, there were no more police investigators in anti-contamination suits, but a security guard kept an eye on the 19th floor apartment where McArthur used to live. The door to the apartment is still caked with dust — possibly from an attempt to find fingerprints.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/toron...l-killer-bruce-mcarthur-s-apartment-1.3930254
rbbm.
They say the search of the unit, combined with the search of crime scenes and vehicles related to the McArthur's case, has made this the largest forensic examination in Toronto police history.

McArthur is scheduled to return to court May 23

Police finished searching BMs apartment.

BMs Thorncliffe apartment has been released to the property management.

TorStar.

I bet its a real mess in there. Wonder if its a condo or a rental?

He's never coming out of prison, what happens to his money if its a condo?

Who would ever want to live there? Ugh

A quick search makes it seem like there are condos both for sale and for rent at 95 Thorncliffe Park Drive.

This does not directly have anything to do with BM or his alleged victims, but is something that should be known as a caution to others to keep eyes open for this alleged predator of men, imo.rbbm.
http://torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/41029
May 16, 2018
Case #: 2018-618307
The Toronto Police Service is requesting assistance locating a man wanted in an ongoing Sexual Assault/Extortion investigation.

It is alleged that:

- a man placed an ad in the "personals" section of craigslist, an online classified advertisement site

- the male victim responded to the ad and the two became acquainted

- on Wednesday, April 4, 2018, the two were at the address of a short-term rental unit in the Liberty Village area

- the victim was sexually assaulted by the man

- the man subsequently extorted cash from the victim on more than one occasion

- the incident was reported to police

12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau started an investigation.

It is further alleged that:

- the suspect was identified

Abdi Dirie, 27, of Toronto, is currently wanted for:

1) Three counts of Extortion
2) Sexual Assault
3) Three counts of Fail to comply Probation

He is also wanted on previous charges of:

4) Assault
5) Two counts of Fail to comply Probation

He is described as 6’, 205 lbs., black hair, brown eyes.

His photograph has been released.

He is considered violent and dangerous. If located, do not approach. Call 9-1-1 immediately.

Attachments

• NR.41029.1526322204.jpg
    NR.41029.1526322204.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 30
BM apartment was rented and shared with a room mate. Whatever is left inside, the room mate was able to retrieve his personal things and family members of BM also removed his belongings. I wonder if TP make restitution to damages done when investigating such a case. Apparently every inch was searched etc. etc.

BM apartment was rented and shared with a room mate. Whatever is left inside, the room mate was able to retrieve his personal things and family members of BM also removed his belongings. I wonder if TP make restitution to damages done when investigating such a case. Apparently every inch was searched etc. etc.

I wonder if renter’s (assuming) or building’s insurance would cover it?

I can’t imagine the room mate or family wanting anything out of there. Even personal effects would be tarnished for life:( Again.. his actions have a ripple effect. Leaving so much destruction in his path.

Unrelated to BM
Found this other Websleuths thread about another Canadian Mall Santa, and looks like there is a separate thread for Santas here on WS as well (haven't found that other thread).

Snippets:
I know Filly started a subcategory of Santas but this guy is not on the list. Yet another who brings shame to the name of Father Christmas and to daycare providers. SHAME!!
September 21, 2011

"An Oshawa man, who runs a daycare and has also worked as a Santa Claus in GTA malls, has been charged with several child *advertiser censored* offences..."
The accused went by “Santa Shawn” when he worked at Promenade Mall, Fairview Mall, Hillcrest Mall, Centrepoint Mall, East York Town Centre and Sharkey’s Cuts for Kids hair salons...."
"...Prior to Ajax, Oshawa he was in Brampton for a period of 6 months. Appears he only stays in a particular locale for approximately 6 months at a time before he moves on. The Family Matters Day Care name goes with him...."
GUILTY - Canada - Shawn Chiasson for child *advertiser censored*, Oshawa, Ont, 2011
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...r-child-*advertiser censored*-Oshawa-Ont-2011

I wonder if renter’s (assuming) or building’s insurance would cover it?

I can’t imagine the room mate or family wanting anything out of there. Even personal effects would be tarnished for life:( Again.. his actions have a ripple effect. Leaving so much destruction in his path.

You'd be surprised. As a room mate, I'd still want my personal belongings out of there. This person likely had their own room which wouldn't be much of a crime scene. I'd want my stuff to move on with to the next chapter.

As for his family, they may still believe he's innocent. They'd likely want to hold onto his belongings as well.

It's a strange world.

Pls use present tense. Jon Riley is from Meaford. Until we have evidence, we are hanging onto hope that he is alive. ❤️

In the 5 years since my brother vanished, nothing has been more devastating than this pair of amateur detectives. They are writing a book and cozy up to families under the guise of helping find loved ones. They took my brother’s computer, gathered all of his passwords and scoured all of his emails and social media media messages. They initially picked up the computer from my brother's house to send to me in Hawaii, but instead they groomed it, made copies, then turned it over to the sex crimes division in Toronto. The computer is now in police custody and we don’t have access to it. They refuse to share the information with us.
If your loved one goes missing, ignore every single person who comes out of the woodwork and offers to help. That’s the biggest lesson I have learned from this journey. Only work with trained private investigators.
Oldrieve revealed private details of the other cases to me and that should have been a huge red flag for me.
We requested that our missing brother be removed from their site.
I hope they are prosecuted.

In the 5 years since my brother vanished, nothing has been more devastating than this pair of amateur detectives. They are writing a book and cozy up to families under the guise of helping find loved ones. They took my brother’s computer, gathered all of his passwords and scoured all of his emails and social media media messages. They initially picked up the computer from my brother's house to send to me in Hawaii, but instead they groomed it, made copies, then turned it over to the sex crimes division in Toronto. The computer is now in police custody and we don’t have access to it. They refuse to share the information with us.
If your loved one goes missing, ignore every single person who comes out of the woodwork and offers to help. That’s the biggest lesson I have learned from this journey. Only work with trained private investigators.
Oldrieve revealed private details of the other cases to me and that should have been a huge red flag for me.
We requested that our missing brother be removed from their site.
I hope they are prosecuted.

I am so very sorry this happened. Are you at liberty to say who they are or would you rather not.

The Internet can draw out some wonderful but it can also be a hunting ground for phony people wanting to help when in reality they are in for themselves.

Tricia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob
Back