Identified! Canada - Casselman, Ont, 'Nation River Lady' WhtFem 239UFON, 25-50, May'75 *POI charged* - Jewell Parchman Langford

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm excited to see what happens. DNA doe project has been really doing a fantastic job. Are they taking donations, or are they already testing?

All I can find for Nation River Lady is that it says "at lab for sequencing" from this long post (under -Pending- ) DNA Doe Project
Their website also says "There are no doe cases needing funding at this time", so I assume she is fully funded. However, they are always taking donations and will put it towards any does that need funding in the future. :)

All I can find for Nation River Lady is that it says "at lab for sequencing" from this long post (under -Pending- ) DNA Doe Project
Their website also says "There are no doe cases needing funding at this time", so I assume she is fully funded. However, they are always taking donations and will put it towards any does that need funding in the future. :)

Last year I was on Amazon, they asked what charity I'd like to shop for on Amazon Smiles. I typed in DNA Doe Project and was happy to see them listed. I let Colleen know but unfortunately it was 6 months before they posted about it. I reminded them last year before Black Friday; was happy when they finally put a post up.

So for anyone shopping on Amazon, you can donate to DDP. It may not end up being much but if most of their fans do it, it very well could help fund a Doe. You just have to remember to shop on the Amazon Smiles part of their site.

Last year I was on Amazon, they asked what charity I'd like to shop for on Amazon Smiles. I typed in DNA Doe Project and was happy to see them listed. I let Colleen know but unfortunately it was 6 months before they posted about it. I reminded them last year before Black Friday; was happy when they finally put a post up.

So for anyone shopping on Amazon, you can donate to DDP. It may not end up being much but if most of their fans do it, it very well could help fund a Doe. You just have to remember to shop on the Amazon Smiles part of their site.
Good to know!! Thank you!!

c4o1xsn.png

EOYJSVE.png

Nation River Lady Jane Doe 1975
Pending Cases
NationRiverLadyJaneDoe1975_web.jpg

Description
On May 3, 1975 a local farmer discovered the remains of an unidentified woman floating in the Nation River a short distance from the Highway 417 bridge south of the Town of Casselman, about 40 miles east of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Ontario Provincial Police found blood on the bridge and speculate she was thrown into the river from the eastbound lanes of Highway 417 of the bridge. The deceased had been strangled with a flat plastic covered television cable. Her hands and ankles had been bound with men’s neckties, and her face had been wrapped with a tea towel. Officials described the woman as Caucasian, aged 25-50 years old, 5’2″ to 5’8″ in height, approximately 100 lbs., average build, and having brown hair that was dyed a reddish blond. Evidence indicated she had been in the river since the late summer of 1974

NamUs ID: None
Date Body Found: May 3, 1975
Race: White / Caucasian, Other
Estimated Age: 25-50
Estimated PMI: 6-9 months

Agency of Jurisdiction
Ontario Provincial Police
Janice Mulcock, Detective Constable
613-591-2296
Janice.Mulcock@opp.ca

Links to More Information
239UFON
Canada's Missing | Case details
https://www.quintenews.com/2017/08/01/opp-re-open-40-year-old-murder-case-nation-river-lady/153812/

Image Credit: Duncan Way, OPP Forensic Artist

Posted on
December 9, 2019

LINK:

Nation River Lady Jane Doe 1975 - DNA Doe Project Cases

It’s so thrilling to see some of the more “minority” cases progressing relatively quickly! (Julie, Pillar Point, Nation River Lady; international to the US, Loveless, Terry Deggs - some of the ones suspected to be more difficult or ‘first times’ for DDP) It must be extra rewarding for all the selfless people working behind the scenes!

Fingers crossed for NRL Jane Doe!

It’s so thrilling to see some of the more “minority” cases progressing relatively quickly! (Julie, Pillar Point, Nation River Lady; international to the US, Loveless, Terry Deggs - some of the ones suspected to be more difficult or ‘first times’ for DDP) It must be extra rewarding for all the selfless people working behind the scenes!

Fingers crossed for NRL Jane Doe!
Yes! The trans/possible trans victims were sent to DDP from the Trans Doe Task Force. I’m so glad they formed (I’m a volunteer with them too) because these cases could have been overlooked.

Yes! The trans/possible trans victims were sent to DDP from the Trans Doe Task Force. I’m so glad they formed (I’m a volunteer with them too) because these cases could have been overlooked.
They haven't updated their map in a very long time. I wonder if my suggestion made the cut.

I’m so glad they formed too!! And thank you for the work you do for them! Ever since I met Julie, I’ve become more aware during my searches, of both missing and unidentified people. I’m really glad the community has who they have in their corner! :)

Possible connection?

TPettit.jpg
TPettit1.jpg
TPettit2.jpg

Theresa Anne Pettit
Missing since June 1, 1973 from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Classification: Missing
    • Date Of Birth: December 30, 1949
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 120 lbs
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde, short hair; blue/green eyes. Glasses.
    • Jewelry: Braided silver wedding ring.
    • Dentals:Terry had extensive dental work. Had worn braces for a few years.

Possible connection?

TPettit.jpg
TPettit1.jpg
TPettit2.jpg

Theresa Anne Pettit
Missing since June 1, 1973 from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Classification: Missing
    • Date Of Birth: December 30, 1949
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 120 lbs
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde, short hair; blue/green eyes. Glasses.
    • Jewelry: Braided silver wedding ring.
    • Dentals:Terry had extensive dental work. Had worn braces for a few years.
I would send this in if I were you! She sort of looks like the postmortem photograph available. The only issue is that NRL was about 100 pounds and the missing is 120 pounds.

I would send this in if I were you! She sort of looks like the postmortem photograph available. The only issue is that NRL was about 100 pounds and the missing is 120 pounds.

There is more information on Theresa Anne Pettit on other sites. She is listed as missing from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (which is in far western Canada), but in fact, she and her husband were travelling by automobile east to Montreal. It is known that they made it as far as Dryden, in Ontario province before both of them (and their car) went missing.

Theresa stood 5ft 4in. and weighed 120 pounds. She had blue-green eyes, and had received extensive dental work. She would have been 25 years old when the Nation River Jane Doe was found. She was a smoker.

It seems that the Doe network case file has widened somewhat the description given earlier by Canadian forensic investigators. As reported by Canadian officials in 1983, Nation River Jane Doe was between 25 and 30 years old, was 5ft 5 inches tall, weighed 110 pounds, had blue eyes, shoulder length blonde hair, and had extensive dental work, with nicotine stains noted.

When comparing the two cases, it is noted that there is a one inch difference in height, a ten pound difference in weight, and age is consistent with the lower estimate. Eye color and hair color/length are close. Dental work and nicotine stains are present with both.

I do not know if there has already been an attempt to compare these cases, but perhaps it would be a productive effort for the Canadian authorities to look into them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub
Back